Site Offline (16:00hrs UK Time) for 15 Minutes ×

Lifeline Niter

Went to " the new LIFELINE ALLNITER " last night. there is a god after all! What a fantastic allround experience... venue, musically, socially, ticked every box for me. LIFELINE is just what the DOCTOR ORDERED. To anyone out there who has'nt yet been I promise you this is the CURE to your soul blues!

Can't wait for June date, could one of the promotors please confirm date ?

A big hello to the lunatic threesome on the front of house, Mandy, Wendy and Andy Dyson's missis, it was worth the entry fee alone for the half hours warm up entertainment.

Miss the next one at your PERIL!

• Replies 41
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just got to be confirmed with the management but June 30th is the next date for Lifeline. Glad you enjoyed the night. Great turn out and some awesome music (IMHO). Think everyone left happy :thumbsup:

Quality toons all nite,DOES IT GET BETTER THAN THIS?,count me in for JUNE, :shades: ,,KEV.

Baz, Just spent 2 hours writing my usual war & piece thing about Lifeline when this poxy server or whatever decided to close down & save my piece somewhere & of cource I can`t find it. Please help me retrieve it or I shall not be held accountable for my actions.

Sick as,

Spot.

Edited by spot

Popped in for a few hours between midnight and four. Landed during some interesting choices of tracks I thought, nice to have a change from the normal stuff occasionally I guess.

Was a good night with everyone seeming to be enjoying themselves, except some Hotel residents who kept wanting the music turned down - they should have come down and joined the party!

Not the largest dancefloor I have seen (fair size considering it was a hotel I guess), no complaints about it's surface though. It was still a shame to have to leave early, told Billy (Billywhiz) that it was 'cos Soulchick had a migraine, which was true, never got round to mentioning that I couldn't see a darn thing through my left eye after sticking a contact lens in back to front :lol::wicked:

Apologies to Payo for not saying hi when I saw him walking past - fairly sure it was him - or was the blindness playing tricks on me?

Baz, Just spent 2 hours writing my usual war & piece thing about Lifeline when this poxy server or whatever decided to close down & save my piece somewhere & of cource I can`t find it. Please help me retrieve it or I shall not be held accountable for my actions.

Sick as,

Spot.

Sorry mate not quite sure whats up with that, did you get any error messages when it happened, will pass onto mike and see if he can sort it out.

try writing something in the test forum see if you get timed out (or what ever may be happening) and copy any error messages :unsure:

Sick as,

Spot.

all can suggest is use your back button on browser and see if it comes up

if the page not found error page shows up, try hitting refresh browser

sometimes if do that it resends it

not much help i know, but if ya internet connection fails not a lot can do

if it happens again, when get error page - dont move off it, just keep hitting refresh untill it connects

Guest gibber

Its nights like this that i wish i could put my thoughts in to words .

Giving it justice it deserves . struggled at school with not much help. keep it short like most of my feedbacks.

There is one image that sums it up for me. Amongst the packed floor .dancing to one of butch`s plays Mick and Arthur Fenn. Life line- no egos ,just great music.

Enjoyed all the spots while there .with James trouble being outstanding.

Nice to meet up with Trickster and Etsu. With Billy, Karen and Helen being on top form ,you know its going to be a good night.

looking forward to the next one :unsure:

Edited by gibber

Cheers Baz & Mike but no error message & I tried all the usual "refresh" & "back" stuff but nothing helped.So it`s back to the drawing board & a good racking of the brains to remember exactly what I wrote. :unsure:

Spot. :(

If you go to write another look back could always do it in word or summin like that, then just copy and paste it in here, then its still there if you lose the connection again.

Know its a bit of a pain but not much else you can do mate. :unsure:

Many thanks for all the positive feedback, also of course to our 2 guests karl and james did what we paid them for " no rules " policy with positive results.all the residents kept the music fresh and intersting, but as always most importantly the punters who travelled from far and wide.give or take a few either way about 200 people showed up again we appreciate the support that will hopefully play a key role in the future of soul music in the coming years !

Guest Byrney

top music, top venue , top people ,how good is the masquaraders c/u as good as it gets i reckon

and how chocker was the floor when Butch played it. Class.

One good nighter, roll on June

Must say I had a great night, and I thought that James & Karl played great sets, well done guys.

Fantastic company all night, and finally met up with Mik Parry at last. Good to meet you Mik, even though we were both too busy dancing to have much of a coversation. I've actually really over done it again, and am stuggling to walk.

Some awsome tunes played, but two of the best things I've ever heard were, Jame's Caveliers acetate, and Butch's Sounds of Philadelphia inst. Wish they were mine, both stunning northern.

Thanks to Andy, Mick, Chalky and the gang. :thumbsup:

Guest James Trouble

What a fun night! Possibly one of the best Lifeline events to date!? The atmosphere was electric and it was a real pleasure, and at times a damn good laugh to be sharing records with such an up for it, knowlegable and open minded crowd.

Mick, Andy + Chalky, you should be proud of putting on a party like that :thumbsup: And that's what it felt like, a party. Not a dull chin strokers convention that some rare soul events can sometimes end up being. There was 200, cool, well up for it ravers turning up with serious intentions of getting down till the sun comes up and wearing smiles while doing it.

Terrific stuff :thumbsup:

Chalky and a few others on the night have asked me to post a playlist. I kicked off with a couple of classic oldies to give the dance floor a kick up the arse, but tried to push the limits of what can be concidered soul and possibly even 'northern' later on with the Primers + The Fads. I hope the weird stuff didn't insult too many of the purists, and if it did, bah humbug to you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Salvadors - Stick By My Baby (Wise World)

Van Dykes - Save My Love For A Rainy Day (Mala)

Bobby Angelle - Too Much For You (Money)

Little John - Just Wait And See (Gogate)

Nancy Wilcox - Gambler's Blues (Original acetate)

Eddie Jasper + The Four Bars - Lean On Me (Dayco)

Ray Agee - Nag Nag Nag (C/U)

Hesitations - Push A Little Bit Harder (Original acetate)

Nate Adams - Yes You Did It (Original acetate)

Willie Kendricks - Time Changes Things (Original acetate)

Cavaliers - Without Someone To Tell Me (Original acetate)

Cavaliers - Without Someone To Tell Me (twice in a row)

Senetor Jones - Do You Love Me (Shagg)

Larry Wright - Sweet, Sweet Kisses (A Go Go)

Geminis - Running (Original acetate)

Soul Incorporated - My Proposal (Coconut Groove)

Ray + The Blue Satins - She Doesn't Love Me (ARV)

Four Bars - Push Girl (C/U)

Joe Hicks - Don't It Make You Feel Funky (AGC)

Primers - It's Laid On You (Original acetate)

Fads - My Poor Heart (Temp-O)

Nicky Newackers - Woman (Mercury)

Timeless Legend - I Was Born To Love You (Dawn Lite)

New World - We're Gunna Make It (Polydor)

It would be great if someone could get a playlist off Karl?! I thought the first half of his set especially was some of the freshest, uptempo, funkyish, RnBish northern I've heard for a while. And certainly one of the best concentrations in a set of that sort of sound I've heard played out in a very long time!

Karl, if you're reading this, hats off to you, terrific stuff mate :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble

Guest thenorwichdancer

Many thanks for all the positive feedback, also of course to our 2 guests karl and james did what we paid them for " no rules " policy with positive results.all the residents kept the music fresh and intersting, but as always most importantly the punters who travelled from far and wide.give or take a few either way about 200 people showed up again we appreciate the support that will hopefully play a key role in the future of soul music in the coming years !

my first lifeline, and i very much enjoyed myself. what a nice venue; and the coffee was wonderful - lots of milk and sugar and spoons, and all on a silver tray! i felt like royalty - for 5 minutes at 4 in the morning!!

great to see benny and some other familiar faces too....dancefloor was a bit on the small side - especially after Keele the week before! but at least it was smooth.

i personally felt that the music was a bit too mid-tempo and disco-orientated (i know you cant please everyone!) until James T came on, he played some wonderful music which really livened things up.

i shall look forward to hearing Karl again....interesting set.

thanx to eveyone who made my birthday at lifeline a great one,great music,great people,great venue,lots of cards and pressies,wot more can you ask for,well done all dj's and james and karl you played great sets,special thanx to carole my wife,wendy mandy,russ and kay,claire and gary,pete and gail,tracy,if ive forgot anybody sos.so all in all a fantastic nite,well done mick andy and chalky.

cheers bish

Don't think I've missed a Lifeline for 2-3 years, always enjoy it, but this was perhaps the best one for me!

Got there about 11.00pm, and there was a real buzz about the place. Lot's of familiar faces from all corners, great crowd.

It briefly went a bit flat when there was some "crossover"/mid-tempo being played, but it soon picked up again when Trouble came on. Great stuff from Karl as well.

Records of the night for me were The Cavaliers c/u, Scott Bros and Milton James... don't think that will ever become stale.

Top marks to Mick, Andy and Chalky for making this happen!!! Great atmosphere! :thumbsup:

Only gripe was some of the bar prices, and I reckon if that lad behind the bar had been rude to many more he would have got a clip round the ear! :thumbsup:

Guest Roddy

Great Nite Melv and I had agreat time really friendly people top tunes and thanks for the lift Chalky.

I will have to stay the night before or something coming down straight after bwork I was knackered. an Interesting three hour wait in the centre of Retford after the nite Jock and Melv on top form as usual.

well done chaps a fantastic time.

Chalky how was the haggis ?

Its nights like this that i wish i could put my thoughts in to words .

Giving it justice it deserves . struggled at school with not much help. keep it short like most of my feedbacks.

There is one image that sums it up for me. Amongst the packed floor .dancing to one of butch`s plays Mick and Arthur Fenn. Life line- no egos ,just great music.

Enjoyed all the spots while there .with James trouble being outstanding.

Nice to meet up with Trickster and Etsu. With Billy, Karen and Helen being on top form ,you know its going to be a good night.

looking forward to the next one thumbsup.gif

[/quot

Like wise benny

Popped in for a few hours between midnight and four. Landed during some interesting choices of tracks I thought, nice to have a change from the normal stuff occasionally I guess.

Was a good night with everyone seeming to be enjoying themselves, except some Hotel residents who kept wanting the music turned down - they should have come down and joined the party!

Not the largest dancefloor I have seen (fair size considering it was a hotel I guess), no complaints about it's surface though. It was still a shame to have to leave early, told Billy (Billywhiz) that it was 'cos Soulchick had a migraine, which was true, never got round to mentioning that I couldn't see a darn thing through my left eye after sticking a contact lens in back to front :shhh:whistling.gif

Apologies to Payo for not saying hi when I saw him walking past - fairly sure it was him - or was the blindness playing tricks on me?

She didnt look to good foxy,i hope shes feeling better now.

Billy

Hang on andy u didnt have 200 there 199.5 i was there dont forget that lol.

Billy

Chalky how was the haggis ?

The Haggis doing well Roddy. When I opened the bag the bloody thing ran off now I can't catch the little b*stard rolleyes.gif:lol:

Cheers mate, I look forward to killing and eating the thing :shhh:

Good to see you all down and enjoying yourselves :lol:

Edited by chalky

Yes,

Another cracking night at Lifeline,great company,music and crowd...

TFK.

Chalky,

Just a thought yoof,if you still havent caught that haggis,im sure if you give Tony a bell he will come over on his horse with his jousting stick and do the buisness for you.. :rolleyes:

Guest Gavin Page

Andy

Good to see you at Yarmuff. I am going to hold you to that invite mate. The night sounds right up my street. Good to chat and catch up, can not believe it had been a whole year !

Theres me having a lovely relaxing Saturday prior to the nights frivolities in the company of the "Lifeline" crew, feeling relaxed & refreshed due no Friday soul outing.The whole day spent chilling & taking in some nice tunes, can`t you just feel the heart rate & blood pressure easing way down to "Oh my Lord". :lol:

My good Lady (I call her Val -et) has laid out my perfectly ironed ensemble (clothes to the peasantry), so there I am suited and booted when it suddenly happened!!!!! shout.gif

My space & home are invaded by Mad Marauding WOMEN, all with strong high volume voices in full squawk mode, lippy at the ready & the latest "Must have" fashion accessory, a ruddy great glass of Wine/Alcohol (Delete as appropriate). So there we are Me,Gaz & Col well & truly out gunned by;Gail,Claire,Michelle,Kate,Bev,Karen & Tracy and we`re on our way to meet up with more, woe is me. :lol:

Time to go say I, big mistake because this starts the, "Finishing my drink"," Need to fix my lipstick", "Where`s my bag", "I`m finishing my ciggie", "Where`s my car keys", "Where`s my house keys" & the DREADED "How far is it & how long will it take" which immediately starts the Pee Parade to the downstairs loo. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EASIER ROUNDING UP A HERD OF WILDEBEEST ON A PUSH BIKE than it was getting them out the door.So 45 min`s to depart & 30 min`s to get there??? whistling.gif

What a nice place for a niter with heating, proper carpets & toilet rolls! Total luxury, yes I went to Sheridans. So I strode down the corridor towards music nirvanna when I hear the demonic chackling & chatter of "Lifelines" answer to "Dic & Dom", yes "Mundy & Windy" (who are looking as lovely as ever ) who seem to hold hostage, the equally as lovely, Mrs Dyson. As i can see no physical restraints the pair must have used their highly developed brain washing techniques on the poor girl but I`m sure she`ll recover from the trauma soon.Happy Birthday for Monday Heather.

Early the room was sparsely populated but it very soon filled & we were joined by the newly wed Mr & Mrs Thorley, congratulations you two. At our table or around was; The Quiet Man & his not so Quiet Wife with Patto & Sue (York), Dale (Beltbusta),Steve & Karen,Karl Heard,Stan & Christine & Steve (Thorne) also in the locale was;Paul & Sue,Terry & Flo,Terry & Lesley(Donny),Martyn & Lynn Bird & Billy Wizz with Karen C.

Dean Anderson, Andy & Deb Riley joined the Notts crew; Ady,Russell & Kae(correct miss),Sue & Nige, John (twin of Mick) New Motor & Carole to celebrate the Birthday of Bish, who looked totally resplendant in crisp white pattern shirts with contrasting high gloss polished teak dome top.Hope you had a real good one my friend? :D

Music was excellent throughout the night with music for all.Top spot for me was Cliff Steele (excellent indeed) & Karl Heard`s debut went down well & I`m sure he`ll be back, Butch did his usual Top draw spot & The "Big Fella" Mick H a great varied spot, Mr Dyson an hour of quality & some new to my ears, Chalky had the early graveyard shift (if there is such a thing) so had the task of getting the toes tapping, the blood pumping & eventually the feet hitting the floor & as usual he was up to the task.

I`ve Waited a long time to hear J.T. do a spot "Up North" again & he some fabulous old style Northern & altogether a fabulous set BUT he goes & spoils it (after HE altered the equipment) by going on one like a "cat with a firecracker up it arse" & berating the promotors & their equipment with a verbal volley of profanities & expletives!! Was I the only one who heard or is everybody to polite to say. Anyway as my old Nan would have said, "You James, It`s not big and it`s not clever". Come on J.T. your better than that?? :lol:

Got to go now my tea`s ready & Gail says I`m neglecting her. Sorry it`s an EPIC but thats how I remember it.

So they all lived happily ever after,. THE END.

Tke care & be safe.

Spot. :D

Brilliant post as usual Pete, your reviews are more entertaining than most of the so called comedy Sky TV push down our throats night after night on UK Gold.

About the night , agree with you about best spot of the night , Cliffe Steele was excellent :thumbsup: and as you know we are not too keen on the Uptempo Gritty soul which seemed to dominate the rest of the night but obviously the Dance Floor doesn't lie and you could hardly move when JT and KH were on, still,can't please all the people all the time.

The venue is superb , just right for this sort of night and work permitting we will be back for future events. Well done to all concerned.

Paul & Sue

Theres me having a lovely relaxing Saturday prior to the nights frivolities in the company of the "Lifeline" crew, feeling relaxed & refreshed due no Friday soul outing.The whole day spent chilling & taking in some nice tunes, can`t you just feel the heart rate & blood pressure easing way down to "Oh my Lord". :sleep3:

My good Lady (I call her Val -et) has laid out my perfectly ironed ensemble (clothes to the peasantry), so there I am suited and booted when it suddenly happened!!!!! shout.gif

My space & home are invaded by Mad Marauding WOMEN, all with strong high volume voices in full squawk mode, lippy at the ready & the latest "Must have" fashion accessory, a ruddy great glass of Wine/Alcohol (Delete as appropriate). So there we are Me,Gaz & Col well & truly out gunned by;Gail,Claire,Michelle,Kate,Bev,Karen & Tracy and we`re on our way to meet up with more, woe is me. :thumbsup:

Time to go say I, big mistake because this starts the, "Finishing my drink"," Need to fix my lipstick", "Where`s my bag", "I`m finishing my ciggie", "Where`s my car keys", "Where`s my house keys" & the DREADED "How far is it & how long will it take" which immediately starts the Pee Parade to the downstairs loo. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EASIER ROUNDING UP A HERD OF WILDEBEEST ON A PUSH BIKE than it was getting them out the door.So 45 min`s to depart & 30 min`s to get there??? whistling.gif

What a nice place for a niter with heating, proper carpets & toilet rolls! Total luxury, yes I went to Sheridans. So I strode down the corridor towards music nirvanna when I hear the demonic chackling & chatter of "Lifelines" answer to "Dic & Dom", yes "Mundy & Windy" (who are looking as lovely as ever ) who seem to hold hostage, the equally as lovely, Mrs Dyson. As i can see no physical restraints the pair must have used their highly developed brain washing techniques on the poor girl but I`m sure she`ll recover from the trauma soon.Happy Birthday for Monday Heather.

Early the room was sparsely populated but it very soon filled & we were joined by the newly wed Mr & Mrs Thorley, congratulations you two. At our table or around was; The Quiet Man & his not so Quiet Wife with Patto & Sue (York), Dale (Beltbusta),Steve & Karen,Karl Heard,Stan & Christine & Steve (Thorne) also in the locale was;Paul & Sue,Terry & Flo,Terry & Lesley(Donny),Martyn & Lynn Bird & Billy Wizz with Karen C.

Dean Anderson, Andy & Deb Riley joined the Notts crew; Ady,Russell & Kae(correct miss),Sue & Nige, John (twin of Mick) New Motor & Carole to celebrate the Birthday of Bish, who looked totally resplendant in crisp white pattern shirts with contrasting high gloss polished teak dome top.Hope you had a real good one my friend? :no:

Music was excellent throughout the night with music for all.Top spot for me was Cliff Steele (excellent indeed) & Karl Heard`s debut went down well & I`m sure he`ll be back, Butch did his usual Top draw spot & The "Big Fella" Mick H a great varied spot, Mr Dyson an hour of quality & some new to my ears, Chalky had the early graveyard shift (if there is such a thing) so had the task of getting the toes tapping, the blood pumping & eventually the feet hitting the floor & as usual he was up to the task.

I`ve Waited a long time to hear J.T. do a spot "Up North" again & he some fabulous old style Northern & altogether a fabulous set BUT he goes & spoils it (after HE altered the equipment) by going on one like a "cat with a firecracker up it arse" & berating the promotors & their equipment with a verbal volley of profanities & expletives!! Was I the only one who heard or is everybody to polite to say. Anyway as my old Nan would have said, "You James, It`s not big and it`s not clever". Come on J.T. your better than that?? :yes:

Got to go now my tea`s ready & Gail says I`m neglecting her. Sorry it`s an EPIC but thats how I remember it.

So they all lived happily ever after,. THE END.

Tke care & be safe.

Spot. :shades:

how do you do it i log on just to see wot yo av wrote

cheers bish :(

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Just got to be confirmed with the management but June 30th is the next date for Lifeline. Glad you enjoyed the night. Great turn out and some awesome music (IMHO). Think everyone left happy thumbsup.gif

This punter certainly did ! :shades: Cliff Steele,dont ya just love him ,always plays something of interest to me .This time it was the alternative take on Diane jenkins " I Need You".Just wondered if there were any repercussions from the Management on the Noise issue ?

She didnt look to good foxy,i hope shes feeling better now.

Billy

rolleyes.gif was tempted to say "don't worry she always looks that bad" but I couldn't stand the beating she would give me :wicked:

A good few hours kip had her feeling much better later in the day thanks. :thumbsup:

Not sure what's up with 27 year olds these days, can't stand the pace :D now when I was 27....ah... maybe the "during the war..." mode of mine was what gave her the migraine in the first place :shades::wicked:

Andy

Good to see you at Yarmuff. I am going to hold you to that invite mate. The night sounds right up my street. Good to chat and catch up, can not believe it had been a whole year !

Yes gav as always enjoyed the show at yarmouth.. of course you're always welcome up at lifeline -i'm sure you'll hear a few bits you ain't heard before ... keep up the good work with the weekender..

Guest Paul Brennan

Top nite, tunes out of this world, Karl Heard and J Trouble, the dogs bollocks, lets have em both back as guests soon, THEY had the place rockin (or should that be soulin) loved it, but get a bigger dancefloor, dancing on carpet reintroduces the arthritis to my knees. These two did the top spots, dance floor rammed, when they was on.I do not understand what the pro 70's mob who have posted on here are going on about?, maybe they like empty dancefloors, if you like it so much get up off your arses and dance to show your appreciation, or have we now also got the 70's chin stokers in situ?

By the way Karl Heard resident at the Falcon Bunley niter, so if you want to listen to top tunes like you heard at LIFELINE then get yourself to the Burnley niter. Its also the dogs doo dahs.

Paul

Guest Paul Brennan

certainly a great nite for hearing new music 60's 70's 80's even new releases...lifeline is one of the few places that embraces everything soulful :rolleyes:

all credit to the organisers...

Andy, Mick and Chalks have done exceptionaly well to bounce back from adversity and put on a truly great niter. Always hear a few tunes at Lifeline that are new to me and appreciate them whether they are to my taste or not, for me it is about moving forward and hearing new or underplayed tunes and this venue does that big time, I love it and will be back for more thumbsup.gif

Paul

Guest bish

Lifeline will always be my favorite nighter,i love the cosy feeling of this venue.unlike some cold and gloomy venues i have visited in the past.this place fills all the criteria in

(M H I ) the music is second to none,the company ,well come on ,friendly welcoming and fun loving.a great , up for it crowd.dance floor is a tad small ,but always full,thats the main thing.staff have always been helpful and freindly ,and the girls on the door greet you with a smile,or sarcy comment lol.cheeky monkey ... all in all this is a top niter and a top nite out .i take my hat off to andy , mick , and chalky ,who work hard to make sure we all have a great time.all we have to do is turn up,the rest is all done for us ,and well worth a tenner of anyones hard earned cash.value for money for sure.keep up the good work lads ..we all appreciate it . :lol:

asoulfulgal = carole

Guest Shedhead

Lifeline will always be my favorite nighter,i love the cosy feeling of this venue.unlike some cold and gloomy venues i have visited in the past.this place fills all the criteria in

(M H I ) the music is second to none,the company ,well come on ,friendly welcoming and fun loving.a great , up for it crowd.dance floor is a tad small ,but always full,thats the main thing.staff have always been helpful and freindly ,and the girls on the door greet you with a smile,or sarcy comment lol.cheeky monkey ... all in all this is a top niter and a top nite out .i take my hat off to andy , mick , and chalky ,who work hard to make sure we all have a great time.all we have to do is turn up,the rest is all done for us ,and well worth a tenner of anyones hard earned cash.value for money for sure.keep up the good work lads ..we all appreciate it . :lol:

asoulfulgal = carole

you've just said it all in 7 lines carole :lol: nice 1 andy,mick and chalky.. :lol:

cheers..col..shell.

Source Advert