Guest moggy

• Replies 80
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Possibly this doesn't count, I like both sides of this record,

I just love the way the Vocal comes in on Part 2 following the Instrumental Section.

THE BALLADS - I CAN'T SEE YOUR LOVE (FOR THE TEARS IN MY EYES) - PT 2

Know What You Want - Gloria Jay (Stage Productions)

Gloria 'mmmmm's over the intro for about a minute before the beat kicks in, but it adds to the overall great soulful feel. What a track!!!!

Anybody know anything about Gloria Jay??

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Now I cannot think of that many

But the one that sticks in my mind is

Harold Melvin : Get Out

You hear the intro

"Just Picked Up The Telephone"

You get on the dance floor and sort of sway around a bit until eventually it kicks in :unsure:

any others where you get on the floor like a good un only to stand around looking a twat for about 20 - 30 seconds till they kick in

:huh:

cheryl berdells got a long one...!!!

Social source share

Here's my little offering-

Softouch - After you give your all.....................takes a funky age before it kicks into the most fantastic dancer!

Steve

Four Flights All I Want Is You would be one of the great modern tracks if it wasnt for the intro

I REMEMBER A LEROY HUTSON TRACK OFF AN RSO LP whos right whos wrong ??????? the whole track is intro then breaks into an uptempo dancer last 30 secs, memory gone WOT A FOOKIN TUNE top that Stevie boy

Social source share

You hear the intro

You get on the dance floor and sort of sway around a bit until eventually it kicks in :unsure:

any others where you get on the floor like a good un only to stand around looking a twat for about 20 - 30 seconds till they kick in

:huh:

Bobby Guitar Bennett You Did It Again on junior now there a choon with a nice spoken intro will be new to a few though
Social source share

I have only ever heard the long intro' to 'Stoned Love' on the MFP album, did it get a 45 release?
hi val,yes i have the red vinyl white promo for stoned love on usa motown-1172 one side has the normal intro and the other the long intro im not sure if the normal black vinyl copy demos of usa motown-1172 have the different short/long intros,also not sure if it got issued as a demo in germany/holland/italy etc with short/long intros hope this helps, :unsure::huh::ohmy:
Social source share

Four Flights All I Want Is You would be one of the great modern tracks if it wasnt for the intro

I REMEMBER A LEROY HUTSON TRACK OFF AN RSO LP whos right whos wrong ??????? the whole track is intro then breaks into an uptempo dancer last 30 secs, memory gone WOT A FOOKIN TUNE top that Stevie boy

Hiya Flanmeister

Yeah, Four Flights AND Sly Slick & Wicked (the version i prefer actually) both dead long BUT well worth the wait!

Leroy Hutson is called 'Right or wrong' and yes, know what you mean.............................although Leroy is reponsible for a twist to this thread called 'What records start out as the best things since sliced bread, then peter out......................' 'Lucky Fellow' being record in question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best records ever BUT the vocal stops after a couple of minutes and finishes with instrumental grooviness BUT i'd have preferred him to come back in and sing for us again! Top that one :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Dont forget Etta James - Mellow Fellow, its one of them that when it starts, you have got time to go for a number two, go to the bar and order a round of drinks, kiss your girl friend befor your wife turns around and clocks you laugh.gif then get to the middle of the floor to dance, just as the song gets going :no:

Social source share

hi val,yes i have the red vinyl white promo for stoned love on usa motown-1172 one side has the normal intro and the other the long intro im not sure if the normal black vinyl copy demos of usa motown-1172 have the different short/long intros,also not sure if it got issued as a demo in germany/holland/italy etc with short/long intros hope this helps, :lol::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just looked at my U.S. demo, it has the same length track both sides :yes:

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

You hear the intro

You get on the dance floor and sort of sway around a bit until eventually it kicks in :)

:D

I RECKON ANY HOUSE RECORD YOU LIKE :ohmy:

THATS WHY THEY MIX EM :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Revilot1957

New poster here. :thumbsup:

Just looking through a few threads and saw this.

My offering would be :-

Benny Troy - I wanna give you tomorrow, 12" version, gotta be 2 mins.

Non soul and recent ....

At just over the minute mark.

(I usually switch recent songs off by the minute mark)

Freemasons - Uninvited feat Alanis Morrissette.Knocks spots off Bailey Tzuke.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

What about Al Hudson & The Soul Partners' "Spread Love"?? - the 12" has an intro lasting TWO MINUTES and 25 seconds !! :thumbsup:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest mel brat

Know What You Want - Gloria Jay (Stage Productions)

Gloria 'mmmmm's over the intro for about a minute before the beat kicks in, but it adds to the overall great soulful feel. What a track!!!!

Anybody know anything about Gloria Jay??

No, but I was playing it just this evening, coincidently! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Perhaps not the longest, Isley brothers "Behind a Painted Smile" is about the longest i have, as well as Lou Rawls "See You When I Get There" although the intro is not danceable it's got a kind of corny chic.

Social source share

Stevie Wonder - If you really love me

Not the longest intro, but a strange dancer

Great intro - DANCE - stand around for a while - DANCE - scratch arse - DANCE - contemplate meaning of RnB in today's scene - DANCE - eye up totty on floor who keep dancing - DANCE - why is it the more I drink the better dancer I think I am - DANCE - consider spin - DANCE - sit down you old fart

Sean

Social source share

From the "Communication" album Bobby "The Master" Womacks absolutely sublime" Monologue", starts with Bobby talking about how he went to a record company to audition for the label, and basically when he gets through "Doing my thing" you could hear a pin drop the President then says " I like you and I,m not saying you can,t sing" and as they all started to leave the conference table "but you,re not commercial" Bobby basically then says "f--k you now I,m gonna sing something I wanna sing" and then procedes singing "Close to you", I know its a standard but The Man absolutely tears it apart. The intro gets hold of you then the man as nearly always DELIVERS.

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert