Solid Hit Soul Friday 20 June With Shane Cox & Andy F

Next Solid Hit is Friday 20th June Upstairs @ City Pride 28 Farringdon Lane London EC1 8pm-1am (& possibly beyond wink.gif ) £5 on the door

Usual Herberts DJing playing a brilliant selection of Under Played & Semi Knowns as well as some better known quality oldies. If you wanna hear something a bit different this is a night you shouldn't miss.......................

.........60s Northern for the floor ! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your support in April, another night of brilliant tunes

See you there!

Dave

Edited by SHSDave
  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Next Solid Hit is Friday 20th June Upstairs @ City Pride 28 Farringdon Lane London EC1 8pm-1am (& possibly beyond wink.gif ) £5 on the door

Usual Herberts DJing playing a brilliant selection of Under Played & Semi Knowns as well as some better known quality oldies. If you wanna hear something a bit different this is a night you shouldn't miss.......................

.........60s Northern for the floor ! :thumbsup:

See you there!

Dave

Can you please move the venue to South Wing Hospital, Bedford, will advise ward number nearer the time tongue.gif

I am sure you do this on purpose, find a date when you know I can't get there.

Av a good un :no:

QoFxx

Guest toby

Count me and Mandy in for this one Dave,we missed the last one due to gossip in our area which had to be sorted and stopped......done now,same goes for me direct from work so i may be a little better dressed this time :thumbsup: .

anyway whos the Herberts, Herbert Greenhill,Herbert Robertson,Herbert Parker plus another Herbert,does'nt have the same wow factor as the Dave Des and Gene show does it. tongue.gif

See ya on the night Mr Greenhill..

Toby.

:( I'll be there Dave.

:( Might have to be straight from work so will be suited up though.

-Kev.

See you there Kev, :sleep3: Don't worry mate we don't have a dress code......."You ain't coming in you're too smart" :lol: You won't be alone, there's a few come along suited & booted :P

Count me and Mandy in for this one Dave,we missed the last one due to gossip in our area which had to be sorted and stopped......done now,same goes for me direct from work so i may be a little better dressed this time :lol: .

anyway whos the Herberts, Herbert Greenhill,Herbert Robertson,Herbert Parker plus another Herbert,does'nt have the same wow factor as the Dave Des and Gene show does it. :D

See ya on the night Mr Greenhill..

Toby.

Sort the gossips & get back where you wanna be Toby ...Look forward to seeing you & her Ladyship :lol: on the 20th

"Dave Des and Gene show" ? Not forgetting me good mate Mr Tyler :yes:

See you soon mate ....(is there a blue skies in June ?)

Dave

Guest toby

Sort the gossips & get back where you wanna be Toby ...Look forward to seeing you & her Ladyship :thumbsup: on the 20th

"Dave Des and Gene show" ? Not forgetting me good mate Mr Tyler yes.gif

See you soon mate ....(is there a blue skies in June ?)

Dave

Her Ladyship has missed you guys,Dave the gossips sorted out now and i know it WILL NEVER happen again if you get my drift,yes we WILL be in attendance for the Desi ,Davi,Geni & Stuart show.I hope you guys have got the top tunes again for us (daft of me saying that cos you have & will play em).

Blue Skies i think is on in June sometime while im at Bridlington weekender,best as Martin or Pete about it.

See ya soon Dave.

Toby.

Her Ladyship has missed you guys,Dave the gossips sorted out now and i know it WILL NEVER happen again if you get my drift,yes we WILL be in attendance for the Desi ,Davi,Geni & Stuart show.I hope you guys have got the top tunes again for us (daft of me saying that cos you have & will play em).

Blue Skies i think is on in June sometime while im at Bridlington weekender,best as Martin or Pete about it.

See ya soon Dave.

Toby.

Seems ages since I 've seen you both (tho guess its only a couple of months?) As you know mate we always try & play things that you won't hear almost anywhere else & I'd rather do that in a small venue than play the same things over & over again that you hear in a lot of other venues. Des is due back from the States with a lot more goodies I'm sure ....you missed some brilliant unreleased things in April mate that he's aquired thumbsup.gif & we're looking forward to a great night in June.

All the Best

Dave

Next Solid Hit is Friday 20th June Upstairs @ City Pride 28 Farringdon Lane London EC1 8pm-1am (& possibly beyond :yes: ) £5 on the door

.........60s Northern for the floor ! :)

See you there!

Dave

Unfortunately due to work commitments Stuart Tyler won't be able to fly in for the next Solid Hit so we have managed to persuade Shane Cox to step away from the bar for a while & spin a few of his excellent sounds for your (& our :P ) enjoyment. If you're one of the few that don't know Shane let me assure you that the music quality will be as high as always. He's a very well respected collector & DJ especially of Chicago sounds as well as being a top bloke & a long time supporter of Solid Hit. In fact this will be the 2nd time that Shane has guested for us as he stepped in at one of the earliest nights at Vivos & played a storming set. Expect nothing less on 20th June :thumbup:

Hope to see you there

:thumbup: If your going to this venue for the first time don't be put off by the karaoke downstairs, thinking you've got the wrong night or something.

You'll get your Solid Hit upstairs, and what a good night it is too!

The karaoke just makes going for a smoke mildly amusing.

-Kev

Unfortunately due to work commitments Stuart Tyler won't be able to fly in for the next Solid Hit so we have managed to persuade Shane Cox to step away from the bar for a while & spin a few of his excellent sounds for your (& our :thumbup: ) enjoyment. If you're one of the few that don't know Shane let me assure you that the music quality will be as high as always. He's a very well respected collector & DJ especially of Chicago sounds as well as being a top bloke & a long time supporter of Solid Hit. In fact this will be the 2nd time that Shane has guested for us as he stepped in at one of the earliest nights at Vivos & played a storming set. Expect nothing less on 20th June :thumbup:

Hope to see you there

Great choice. Shane played his socks off at the last Boogaloo. Looking forward to it.

Warren

Unfortunately due to work commitments Stuart Tyler won't be able to fly in for the next Solid Hit so we have managed to persuade Shane Cox to step away from the bar for a while & spin a few of his excellent sounds for your (& our :lol: ) enjoyment. If you're one of the few that don't know Shane let me assure you that the music quality will be as high as always. He's a very well respected collector & DJ especially of Chicago sounds as well as being a top bloke & a long time supporter of Solid Hit. In fact this will be the 2nd time that Shane has guested for us as he stepped in at one of the earliest nights at Vivos & played a storming set. Expect nothing less on 20th June yes.gif

Hope to see you there

As much as Stuart will be missed, we are delighted to have added another guest to the Solid Hit line up for next friday. As well as Shane we have invited Andy Faulkner to join us & play some of the great tunes that he is well known for. Andy is also a long term supporter of Solid Hit & is firmly in the semi known /underplayed camp while mixing some of the better known tracks into his playlist to provide something for everyone .......er 60s wise anyway :)

Look forward to seeing as many down at the City Pride as possible ...everyone welcome

A bit peeved as I won't be able to make this, haven't been down to Solid Hit for some time now unfortunately. I'm on lates that day and can't get the time off work due to Royal Ascot sad.gif . Any dates lined up after this so arrangements could be made? :lol:

I've not heard Shane Cox before, but can definately vouch for Andy F plays some quality stuff, not forgetting the residents of course. Suppose Dave will be there in shorts and sandals now the warmer weather is here :) .

A bit peeved as I won't be able to make this, haven't been down to Solid Hit for some time now unfortunately. I'm on lates that day and can't get the time off work due to Royal Ascot :D . Any dates lined up after this so arrangements could be made? :D

I've not heard Shane Cox before, but can definately vouch for Andy F plays some quality stuff, not forgetting the residents of course. Suppose Dave will be there in shorts and sandals now the warmer weather is here :P .

The shorts could certainly make an appearence Ian, unlike your good self :D With shifts etc it's obviously difficult but the music just seems to get better & better at Solid Hit, try & get down if you can sometime. Des keeps turning up actetates during his frequent visits to the states that just need to be heard :P & the rest of the DJs aren't bad either :lol:

As for future dates mate it's a difficult one because this venue was supposed to be a short term emergency replacement & we are still looking about for a "permanent" one. Until we find the right venue we don't want to make any long term commitments.

Hope to see you soon mate :P

Dave

As much as Stuart will be missed, we are delighted to have added another guest to the Solid Hit line up for next friday. As well as Shane we have invited Andy Faulkner to join us & play some of the great tunes that he is well known for. Andy is also a long term supporter of Solid Hit & is firmly in the semi known /underplayed camp while mixing some of the better known tracks into his playlist to provide something for everyone .......er 60s wise anyway :( Look forward to seeing as many down at the City Pride as possible ...everyone welcome

Really looking forward to this. Got a few new tasty morsels to whet the appertite with :lol::lol:

Really looking forward to this. Got a few new tasty morsels to whet the appertite with :shades::thumbsup:

Curses!!! Unfortunately due to my wife having a prior arrangement, I'll be at home with Jr on Friday but I sincerely hope that people get along and support SHS, it really is top quality from top quality folk. :yes:

Guest outonthefloor

we're coming

Andy F was outstanding at blueskies so expecting more of the same and my good friend and all round top guy Shane cox will ensure we go home with tired legs and happy hearts

See ya there

Will we all fit in i ask myself!!! lol

Helen

XXXX

I'll be there,not been for what seems like bloody ages. See you friday Herb's.

It's certainly been a while Nick, back in the ONeils days which is over a year ago :P

This time last year we had just lost the venue & I was busy panicking before we moved into Jacks for a one off

It's shaping up to be a good 'un mate see you friday :wicked:

Guest Bearsy

Oh Bolox Im away this weekend and have to miss this sad.gif

gutted to say the least especially with Shane and Andy joining the SHS team, garaunteed a top night of top quality tunes :unsure:

Anyway have a goodun all and hopefully be at the next one :unsure:

Bearsy

It's certainly been a while Nick, back in the ONeils days which is over a year ago ohmy.gif

This time last year we had just lost the venue & I was busy panicking before we moved into Jacks for a one off

It's shaping up to be a good 'un mate see you friday :unsure:

Dave will bring your your very cool,retro 45 box with me. :lol:

(Anybody else wants to buy 'original 70s record box..45 or lp' at a tenner each..sorry dave,shameless plug mate..but there everywhere and hannah said its looking like del boy trotters at mo )

see you friday. :unsure:

we're coming

Andy F was outstanding at blueskies so expecting more of the same and my good friend and all round top guy Shane cox will ensure we go home with tired legs and happy hearts

See ya there

Will we all fit in i ask myself!!! lol

Helen

XXXX

We may have a rota system Helen as one goes out for a ciggie we let another one in :g:

Can you still get in after 11pm as we're going to a do before? I assume there's no restrictions so don't put Andy on too early as we missed him at Blue Skies and I felt bad.

Yes The pubs open until 2am Warren so no problem unless we get a couple of coach loads

Guest glocky478

We may have a rota system Helen as one goes out for a ciggie we let another one in :g:

LOOKING FORWARD TO SHS.

SEE YOU FRIDAY

DAVE GLOCK

Looking forward to this, it's always a pleasure to hear top sounds played against a backdrop of Mr Dave (Grumpy) Greenhill's latest rant ranting_1.gif

See you there Dave :D - rumours are that Mac will be staggering in as well beer.gifbeer.gif:yes:

Taff

Hope to put in an appearance at some stage in proceedings, post after work colleagues leaving do in Holborn beer.gif

Guest soulmanherts

Hope to put in an appearance at some stage in proceedings, post after work colleagues leaving do in Holborn beer.gif

well you going to see me at some point also, be in london about 5pm for a few beers, if anyone is about i be in the calco in the city (watling st near the old vivos soul in the citys old place)

see you later john

well you going to see me at some point also, be in london about 5pm for a few beers, if anyone is about i be in the calco in the city (watling st near the old vivos soul in the citys old place)

see you later john

If you get thrown out of there Rob, I'll be at the Watling, just up the road from about 6:30pm.

beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

Taff

Guest soulmanherts

If you get thrown out of there Rob, I'll be at the Watling, just up the road from about 6:30pm.

beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

Taff

lol cheers mate you know me too well...what pub you going to be in mate

Guest CapitolSC

Wishing you all a fantatsic night as I know it will be, shame we can not make it, but you know we would if we could.

Shane and Andy will do tops spots, have a good one :thumbsup: . SX

Looking forward to this, it's always a pleasure to hear top sounds played against a backdrop of Mr Dave (Grumpy) Greenhill's latest rant :wicked:

See you there Dave :D - rumours are that Mac will be staggering in as well

Taff

Not laughing at this tho .......how dare you Taff, me grumpy ? nah mate .........tho I must admit to the occasional rant angry.gif

"djs" playing boots :D

"djs" playing grapevine/kent etc reissues of released 45s :D

disco ranting_1.gifranting_1.gif

Well thats the agenda set out for tonight :D

see you later mate thumbsup.gif

Edited by SHSDave

Shameless bump! Only a few hours away to our next Solid Hit Soul – I shall be coming down with Shane and Julie bright and early, so look forward to seeing you there! As well as myself, Dave and Des (apologies from Stuart), we are graced with the pleasure of two top collectors & DJs, Shane Cox and Andy Faulkner. To you, the paying punter/soul lover/friend/etc, that’s £1 for every DJ - not even Lidl can top that offer........ain't that right Frank!

post-953-1213975072_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gene-R

Source Advert