100club

For a change I'd like to start the thread although I wasn't even there... With out a doubt it was a PUKKA night, Dance floor Heaving, Ex DJ's including one of my Favs Mr Money, Friendly faces on the door, Brilliant Crowd of Soul Loving People, SOBER PETE HULLETT :D

Prehaps even my brother whome I was hopin to have a early birthday celebration with :D:P , Plus everyone else I Look forward to seeing having a ball, wish I was their. Plus it goes with out saying The Daddy himself Mr C

signed

Unhappy me from Manchester

• Replies 46
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest kid mohair

For a change I'd like to start the thread although I wasn't even there... With out a doubt it was a PUKKA night, Dance floor Heaving, Ex DJ's including one of my Favs Mr Money, Friendly faces on the door, Brilliant Crowd of Soul Loving People, SOBER PETE HULLETT :D

Prehaps even my brother whome I was hopin to have a early birthday celebration with :D:P , Plus everyone else I Look forward to seeing having a ball, wish I was their. Plus it goes with out saying The Daddy himself Mr C

signed

Unhappy me from Manchester

You was missed dolly,im posting this while still fresh in my memory, can anyone tell me the title of the jackie wilson mick smith played and idea of price and is it a mare to track down? astounding night great friends and i must say mr parry was focking top dollar , cheers ady, oh and soz about queing the last record up,Well fancy giving the job to someone who had lost is sight, oh and the record i bought off john weston are you sure thats the one ? it s shite soz john..Good night all. Andy..

You was missed dolly,im posting this while still fresh in my memory, can anyone tell me the title of the jackie wilson mick smith played and idea of price and is it a mare to track down? astounding night great friends and i must say mr parry was focking top dollar , cheers ady, oh and soz about queing the last record up,Well fancy giving the job to someone who had lost is sight, oh and the record i bought off john weston are you sure thats the one ? it s shite soz john..Good night all. Andy..

it'll be that one that soul45er has just auctioned on here... think he got over £500 for it!

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Jackie-...Die-t75855.html

Edited by Guest

A lovely way to die, superb record but rare.

Edited by Tabs

Absolute quality night, thanks to Ady, all the DJ's. & everyone in attendance for making this one helluva night.................classic 100 Cub.

I would just like to add, that Butch's second set was one of the best sets I have ever heard from him..........always high expectations from me, but this easily surpassed them all....................fantastic.

Mr Parry's inaugural 100 Club sets, had the place rockin' & it was great to see someone with a bit of enthusiasm behind the decks, you looked like you were having a ball mate........the dance floor certainly was.

Thanks for another brilliant & memorable night.

Russ

Guest Mrs Simsy

What can i say? Went to bed for an hour when we got in at 10.30am & have just woken up! :thumbup:

What a fan-fooking-tastic night! thumbup.gif

All the DJs were the dog's whatsits last night! Dancefloor heaving & atmosphere buzzing! biggrin.gif

Lovely to see so many friendly faces, i won't name names because i'll forget people! Just want to say sorry (again) to Mr Weston for knocking over his almost full pint but i must add that he started it! :lol:

Just uploading the photos, theres some corkers! See you all at the next one! :D

Superb is an understatment :D thanks Tabs.

Don't think it's that rare mate, £500 would be ott I reckon, 400 bit more like it..

Anyway, 100 Club was brilliant as per, but the quality of the records last night was exceptional, the Jackie Wilson number, Tommy Tate, Gerri Grainger and on and on and on.. Hope Mick Parry gets another spot at the 100 as every record he played was a dancer and his set was fantastic.

Good to see so many friendly faces, looking forward to the next one. Cheers Ady.. smile.gif

A cracking night, tip top musically and great company, brought along a couple of 100 Club virgins who were wowed with the atmosphere, sounds and friendly crowd. Unfortunately had to pull out early at 3am and paid the price with a scenic route Oz cabs trip back to deepest Essex serenaded all the way by our driver singing heartily along to Cliff's greatest hits :shades:

Taff

Congratulations and celebrations.................We're all going on a summer's holiday.........Mistletoe and Wine.............Living Doll..............noooooooooo more pleeeeeeeeeease :D

God what a rubbish night - miserable bar staff, surly bouncers, you think that Ady bloke would crack a smile now and then. Beer all over the dancefloor (and Keb) Andy BB,s blind date service - rubbish!! And I bought a badge! :shades: ......

NOT! Fookin excellent night - see ya at the next one!

Guest Carrie Mehome

Yeah what a load of nonsense - I for one will never be going again! Those stairs always do my back in...

Anyway, great to see everyone. Kylie, we were gonna join you all for coffees but ended up walking to Euston and going straight home - too knackered to be stirring coffees and talking pleasantries! See you all soon. x

In one word - SUPERB. I had a ball and woke up with sore feet and a sore throat. Musically one of the best and I must rememember to stop asking Butch if "that last record you played, is it a hard one to get hold of?" :shades: . Mik Parry's sets were the reason he's one of the best RnB djs on the scene - Billy Hamlin - what a tune.

Ady I expect the same standard next month

Cheers

Warren B

Edited by boogaloo
Guest Mrs Simsy

God what a rubbish night - miserable bar staff, surly bouncers, you think that Ady bloke would crack a smile now and then. Beer all over the dancefloor (and Keb) Andy BB,s blind date service - rubbish!! And I bought a badge! :D ......

NOT! Fookin excellent night - see ya at the next one!

Yeah what a load of nonsense - I for one will never be going again! Those stairs always do my back in...

Anyway, great to see everyone. Kylie, we were gonna join you all for coffees but ended up walking to Euston and going straight home - too knackered to be stirring coffees and talking pleasantries! See you all soon. x

:yes::P

We didn't end up getting a coffee either-got to McDonalds & the queue was far too long so we toodled on back to Smudges for a coffee before heading back to t'midlands! Thanks Smudge! :shades:

Guest kermack

Anyway, 100 Club was brilliant as per, but the quality of the records last night was exceptional, the Jackie Wilson number, Tommy Tate, Gerri Grainger

Which Gerri Grainger?

Guest toby

Yes i agree with the coments on being a great nite out it was f***ing awesome yet again.

Very hot and sweaty in a packed or near to it 100 club.........thanks go to ADY well done mate.one request to Ady can we have a stair lift in please or ill have to pack up the fags,them stairs are doing me in mate :thumbup: .

All the DJ s played outstanding records,must admit i did'nt know many that Mik Parry played but Dave Rimmer was having a wonderfull time next me during Mik's sets.

But for me Keith Money stole the show again thanks mate,this is NOT a bad reflection on Butch,Mick Smith or Ady but Keith just does it every time for me.

Heres to the next one and long may it continue ITS STILL THE BEST NIGHTER imo.

Thanks Ady.

Toby..

Totally agree, said it before and i'll say it again Mr Money never plays a bad tne and puts a set together to perfection!

Someone played a track could have been Keith that sounded similar to the backing track to little Girl lost by the Sheppards anyone any ideas??

Loved the night, great meeting lots of friends again..

In Soul

Liam

Totally agree, said it before and i'll say it again Mr Money never plays a bad tne and puts a set together to perfection!

Someone played a track could have been Keith that sounded similar to the backing track to little Girl lost by the Sheppards anyone any ideas??

Loved the night, great meeting lots of friends again..

In Soul

Liam

Meant to say that Mik Parry was absolutely blinding - but I had forgotten his name this morning!! :wave: But then I had forgotten mine too! :thumbup:

Guest Mrs Simsy

Meant to say that Mik Parry was absolutely blinding - but I had forgotten his name this morning!! :wave: But then I had forgotten mine too! :thumbup:

Ooh it was but i loved Butchs 2nd spot & Ady played a record that i had asked every DJ for that night except him! :( I can't remember what it was now though... :lol::yes:

Guest outonthefloor

Must say i was a little worse for wear by the time i arrived from Greenwich but I do remember that Mr Money was fantastic. In fact the last few times I've heard him out I've been really impressed.

Big thanks to the balloon and banner girls - Denise and Kylee xx

It all deteriorated into a bit of a drunken haze by the time i left but normal sobriety will be resumed for the next one i can assure you!

Thanks for a great nite and a big kiss to my scottish buddy xx nice to see ya again

Helen

XXX

:D Another top-notch nite at the 100 for me - and Pam made it her first ever allnighter!!! :thumbsup:

Difficult at times to find a dry, non-sticky bit of dancefloor. A couple of quid extra to pay for the staffing of the other bar might stop peeps having to walk around the floor with drinks and maybe solve the problem.

:lol: Mind you, p'raps I'm just making excuses for me tired old legs 'cos there were quite a few who seemed to have no probs whatsover.

Can't remember what was played, or who by - I really should pay more attention! All I know is I enjoyed every minute - music, atmosphere, friends - I need for nothing. :D

oops, using mate's computer, sorry.

Many thanks for nice remarks and to all those who danced and listened to or tollerated my sets. Obviously I'm a soul fan but not a soul DJ and felt my sound a bit limited for an across-the-board soul night, but really enjoyed playing there as it seemed to go down well, many thanks to Ady for asking me.

First time i've been for many years and it really is a great venue with a great atmosphere playing a top mix of sounds. And the icing on the pie - an all night pasty shop right across the road to cater for my reknowned perma-hunger, this place has got everything!

oops, using mate's computer, sorry.

Many thanks for nice remarks and to all those who danced and listened to or tollerated my sets. Obviously I'm a soul fan but not a soul DJ and felt my sound a bit limited for an across-the-board soul night, but really enjoyed playing there as it seemed to go down well, many thanks to Ady for asking me.

First time i've been for many years and it really is a great venue with a great atmosphere playing a top mix of sounds. And the icing on the pie - an all night pasty shop right across the road to cater for my reknowned perma-hunger, this place has got everything!

Loved the set Mik and aa big thanks for playing the Fads for me! WHAT A TUNE!!!! i think the dancefloor done the talking mate, it was full!!..

L

Guest xsquadie

My first trip to the 100 don't think it's gonna be my last! Well worth the trip down from Scotland.

I have a MAJOR problem with the night though. I went down the stairs at 2200 and was 16 came up them at 0600 and was 48 again!(Damn those stairs)LOL

Well what an absolutely brillant night I had. Really enjoyed it enough said really. Particularly liked Keith Money's set but saying that everybody up there on the decks played some fantastic tunes. Hope you enjoyed your birthday Helen (outonthefloor). Nice to meet up with you again after Cleethorpes. As for the Rugby Soul girls always great to see you two! Tabs and Dave, hope you got home alright lads. As you know I stayed on to go to the Supremes exhibition at the V & A.

Just like to say again, absolutely fantastic night, loved it.

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

Guest Carrie Mehome

Yeah agreed - everytime I needed to go to each end with my drink when not dancing I had to navigate along the walls so as not to break the no drinks on the dancefloor rule. Forgot to mention - nice to meet Tabs for the first time and nice to see Billy again.

:lol: Another top-notch nite at the 100 for me - and Pam made it her first ever allnighter!!! ohmy.gif

Difficult at times to find a dry, non-sticky bit of dancefloor. A couple of quid extra to pay for the staffing of the other bar might stop peeps having to walk around the floor with drinks and maybe solve the problem.

Yeah agreed - everytime I needed to go to each end with my drink when not dancing I had to navigate along the walls so as not to break the no drinks on the dancefloor rule. Forgot to mention - nice to meet Tabs for the first time and nice to see Billy again.

like wise carrie, i noticed ur a very soulful dancer on the floor.billy

Guest xsquadie

As Ive said this was my first trip to the 100, but I must say that with such top tunes being played,by DJ's who know how to do it.The floor was hard work, not sure how that could be improved. But It is what is, It aint wood,It aint sprung and it aint even.Talc anyone? lol

As Ive said this was my first trip to the 100, but I must say that with such top tunes being played,by DJ's who know how to do it.The floor was hard work, not sure how that could be improved. But It is what is, It aint wood,It aint sprung and it aint even.Talc anyone? lol

Best signature I've seen there! Sorry about the floor, some days it's better than others, it was wood at one stage but i think health and safety got involved when a drunk fell over once. I'll try and get it worked on.

That was one hell of a night and I think Mik Parry's debut set was as good as I can remember, he managed to play a different style of music so well that a lot of the people who don't like it still enjoyed it or at least could see the merit in it. As I'm often reminded it is a Rhythm & Soul club.

The Sheppards sounding track was Runaway girl by the Hytones, Matt B's favourite that is gaining admirers. The Gerri Granger is a name I attached to a NYC associated studios 10" publisher's acetate of a song called Why Can't It Be Tonight, it could be her as there was a lot of Big Top stuff there. It's now a one-off since a disgruntled wife broke her ex-husbands other copy!

Thanks to all the DJs and the crowd for showing up and having such a great night.

Ady

Great to meet you as well young lady.

I don't think I can add any more praise to this lookback.

Just a remarkable night with all the DJ's excelling. thumbup.gif

The (wooden) dance floor is always an issue - not made any better by non-soulies spilling drinks etc.Unfortunately I missed Trickster shoving that twat in the white shirt over - nice one!! I would like to see a membership system re-introduced, and would even be prepared to pay a bit extra to compensate for the loss of takings when people are turned away. Really enjoyed it when it got less busy though.

Mark C

Guest Carrie Mehome

Oh I missed that one - think that's the same one who kept jumping on my feet and doing the swim with his flailing arms lol :thumbup:

The (wooden) dance floor is always an issue - not made any better by non-soulies spilling drinks etc.Unfortunately I missed Trickster shoving that twat in the white shirt over - nice one!! I would like to see a membership system re-introduced, and would even be prepared to pay a bit extra to compensate for the loss of takings when people are turned away. Really enjoyed it when it got less busy though.

Mark C

Guest Mrs Simsy

Oh I missed that one - think that's the same one who kept jumping on my feet and doing the swim with his flailing arms lol :D

Was he the mate of the one the kept doing the 'shake a tail feather' dance at me? :thumbup: Bloomin' eejits! :(

Would have loved to see Trickster shove that guy! :thumbup:

Was he the mate of the one the kept doing the 'shake a tail feather' dance at me? rolleyes.gif Bloomin' eejits! :lol:

Would have loved to see Trickster shove that guy! :D

Dunno, but there were a bunch of them near the door and venturing onto the floor en masse.

Was told by Adams Mrs that they were having fun and weren't we all like that when we started? Nope, not me. In fact the early Nighters I went to were alcohol free (late 70s) and I was just in awe of everyone and hardly dared to dance!!

At least the Anniversary will be "eejit free"

Mark C

Guest Mrs Simsy

Dunno, but there were a bunch of them near the door and venturing onto the floor en masse.

Was told by Adams Mrs that they were having fun and weren't we all like that when we started? Nope, not me. In fact the early Nighters I went to were alcohol free (late 70s) and I was just in awe of everyone and hardly dared to dance!!

At least the Anniversary will be "eejit free"

Mark C

:lol::D

• 2 weeks later...

Source Advert