Most Soul Female Voice?

Guest sandi

Good call Sandi! Sorry no emoticons at the mo but if so would be a big thumbs up for ya hun x

Thanks Jill.......:lol::thumbup::D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

also Dionne Warwick

Playing Ms Warwick & Detroit Spinners "I Don't Need Another Love" now, fantastic voice, fantastic song.

Social source share

Thanks for all the thumbs up, I'll pinch a few lol

Another good call oh yes!

Wish I was with you so that I could listen to all that wonderful music you keep churning out...all I've got to look forward to in this house is MJ and/or J5 due to my little lad having developed an obsession with it all prior to MJ's death...it's all rather worrying really as that's how I started out musically and look at me now lol

Edited by Jill Bayles
Social source share

Guest sandi

ame='sandi' date='09 August 2009 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1249814675' post='1127480']

Thanks for all the thumbs up, I'll pinch a few lol

Another good call oh yes!

Wish I was with you so that I could listen to all that wonderful music you keep churning out...all I've got to look forward to in this house is MJ and/or J5 due to my little lad having developed an obsession with it all prior to MJ's death...it's all rather worrying really as that's how I started out musically and look at me now lol

You've set a good example, and brought him up PROPER......

Who's his favorite female soul singer ?????.

Social source share

Sandi it must just be in my lad's genes cos I'd never ever mentioned the Jacksons to him before he became obsessional! But he does like soul music in general...tho not the rare/Northern genre...even tho his dad does...and no I don't drip feed him with it.

I'm not sure who his nominee would be for most soul female voice but I will have the conversation just as soon as I can pin him down...he had his little pal sleeping over last night and they are still in sleepover mode...joined at the hip...until I can prise em apart! It's all boys stuff at the moment but I have just made him sort out a load of his old toys and believe it or not, for once, the bag for the tip is bigger than the bag to keep lol x

Edited by Jill Bayles
Social source share

The aftermath of the sleepover is still ongoing as the one who slept over is refusing to go home :D

I am presently having a brief reprieve as said little one has been taken home by his mum to try new clothes on and I have taken the opportunity to ask my lad who he thinks has the most soulful female voice. Quick as a flash he said "Rebbie or Janet Jackson" :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: Not bad for a 9 year old methinks :thumbsup:

Might have known, given the obsession :yes:

Don't know how the chuff my lad knows about Rebbie Jackson's singing career as I only found out about it last week...probably the power of t'internet as he comes out with all sorts and has an incredible thirst for knowledge.

Hopin it will pass soon enough wink.gif

Social source share

Mary J Blige

Im with you 100% on MJB !!!!

I wasn't a big fan of hers or her attitude at first but over the years I've grown with the lady, her voice & her life & she just moves me like no other female singer has done.

I've seen her "No More Drama" tour & "Love & Life" & even though she had the awesome Chaka Khan supporting her - it was just that Chaka supporting Mary ! Mind blowing!!

There is of course many many other female singers I do admire also but it wouldnt seem right mentioning them in the same post as Mary so I wont. She is the one !! (IMO).

Al x

Social source share

• 3 years later...

I'll get shot down but Chris Clark.

This version just pole-axed me when I first heard it, love "Can I See You In The Morning" too

DW/Spinners 'I don't need another love' got every imaginable mix of that - fabulous.

I'm editing this like mad - forgot about TT's version of All I Do.

Dx

PS Margie Joseph is right up there IMO (but not for One more Chance) - basically we make a rule of buying every MJ album we come across

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

Queen of the female heartbreakers,Maxine Brown"the greatest female to ever step up to the microphone,blessed with that voice then applying it with total conviction without even trying,"don't leave me baby"..a case in point,..off me soapbox,well you did ask.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Linda Jones & Gloria 'Towanda' Barnes, amongst many others....I have not heard a record by Gloria/Towanda that hasnt knocked me bandy, very under rated IMHO....

Russ

:yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!