• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well spotted Mr Potts...this guy cannot be for real

>>> Blimey Look At These! <<<

if he's for real, I'll be the first to apologise

link

He`s got a luverly collection of pictures here,hes got 100% feedback,so that should be ok,shouldnt it?,Sam Williams do me!,dont do Ebay so i will keep looking elswhere.... :D

Social source share

Guest stevemcmahon

Well spotted Mr Potts...this guy cannot be for real

>>> Blimey Look At These! <<<

if he's for real, I'll be the first to apologise

link

I particularly liked his use of plural descriptions, ie: Mint conditions.. sounds like Peter Butterworth in Carry On Abroad :D

Social source share

Time to start making fake users and bidding millions :thumbsup:   :D

link

How about nice and easy does it? I just asked him a question about the Joy Division item:

Hi,

Can you hear the faint whistle of a skeedle from the studio tape on the last few seconds of the run out groove on this pressing?

Crikey - I just invented the word "Skeedle" :D

Let's see if he bites - I'll keep you posted :D

Godz

Social source share

How about nice and easy does it? I just asked him a question about the Joy Division item:

Hi,

Can you hear the faint whistle of a skeedle from the studio tape on the last few seconds of the run out groove on this pressing?

Crikey - I just invented the word "Skeedle" :D

Let's see if he bites - I'll keep you posted :D

Godz

link

Godz some of the words you come up with are the best :thumbsup: im still laughing at your 'utmost twatism' comment a month or so back :D

Social source share

Godz some of the words you come up with are the best :D   im still laughing at your 'utmost twatism' comment a month or so back :thumbsup:

link

Cheers Baz :D I put it down to the red wine. You'd have loved it round our campfire at Glasto last week when, at 4am, we realised we need to hear some Mexican Ska and promptly Christened it " Skariachi" (n Music containing elements of Jamaican Ska and Mexican Mariachi)

..or maybe you had to be there... :D

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Crikey - I just invented the word "Skeedle" :thumbsup:

Godz

link

Sorry Godz just had to google the word skeedle,loads of stuff!,including something to do with some jug band or something! :D

Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

Sorry Godz just had to google the word skeedle,loads of stuff!,including something to do with some jug band or something! :D

link

Oh My God - "whipped my woman with a Single Tree" :thumbsup:

Ok - didn't invent Skeedle - still a good word though. And if he bites and publishes the questions you'll see the definition I gave him too :D

Godz

Social source share

Nobody has bought anything from him though...

and those pics seem to have come from a variety of scanners and cameras :D

Godz

link

7 of his ebay purschases since the 18th May are now no longer registered users????????

Build up your own ebay cred or what?????????? IMO - Allegedly - etc etc etc

QOF

XX

Social source share

Oh My God - "whipped my woman with a Single Tree" :D

Ok - didn't invent Skeedle - still a good word though. And if he bites and publishes the questions you'll see the definition I gave him too :thumbsup:

Godz

link

Which item did you ask the questions on so we can read them.

QoF

xx

Social source share

Hmmmmmmmm the plot thickens...

sent the bloke a email last night about the Chico Lamarr saying, is there a SPS stamp in the run out groove as I am willing to bid up to £35000 :thumbsup:

the reply came back.......

hi, i don't see that sps.

The matrix code on the dead wax is

C+F-1004-A

C+F-1004-B

All my 45's are 100% original unless stated!

I have a 20 years collecting soul 45s

This is a wonderful copy in mint- conditions. If you are really willing to offer £3,500 I can close the auction early and sell to you. Just let me know.

Thanks

Gerard

:D

Social source share

I think it's just a case of someone asking him why all the scans are from different sources.

link

Is it just my bad eyesight but do some of the scans look like labels laid over a black background especially the Sam Williams

QoF

xx

Social source share

Is it just my bad eyesight but do some of the scans look like labels laid over a black background especially the Sam Williams

QoF

xx

link

I used to buy from this seller. He listed rare 60's/70's records on Record Collector a few years ago. I always received what I paid for and his grading is quite fair.

Just a suggestion, when you pay for rare records use Paypal. I had to file 2 claims during the last year and I got my money back.

Stoll

Social source share

Been looking at the scans, have a look at the blenders then point your browser here

www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4031027701

look at the bb hole.

Cheers,

Derek

Social source share

Been looking at the scans, have a look at the blenders then point your browser here

www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4031027701

look at the bb hole.

Cheers,

Derek

link

This may be the same copy up for sale now.

I inquired the seller about a few records and he told me I could get additional photos of the actual records.

Social source share

This may be the same copy up for sale now.

I inquired the seller about a few records and he told me I could get additional photos of the actual records.

link

He`s getting a few bids now!!i wonder how much Sam Williams go`s for :P

Social source share

This is a scan of the previous copy of the Blenders to go through e-bay.  L:ook at the gap down the right and at the bottom and the top is just missing.  Same scan IMHO  :P

link

I was intererested in that single too. The seller sent me another picture and told me he's auctioning the same copy sold on ebay a few months ago, purchased from the winner. The picture I have on my desktop looks authentic. I can forward this to anyone who might be interested.

Stoll

Social source share

Hey stoll...you're not from Australia are you :P   :P

link

Sorry, I'm not from Australia. If you do not like my contributions get away from here

Stoll

Social source share

Discussing this on the RSF. He spent a large amount on 3 records all from unregistered users...2 from Italy. Apparently the person pushing up the price on the Velours is from Italy, joining only 6 days ago.

Don't think I'll be spending any money with him :P

Social source share

Sorry, I'm not from Australia. If you do not like my contributions get away from here

Stoll

link

I can see where he's coming from though, why defend someone who appears to be nothing more than a con man? You are the only one who thinks he's cosher! Everything about him is not right, even down to his taste in screensavers and cook books :P

Edited by chalky
Social source share

This is a scan of the previous copy of the Blenders to go through e-bay.  L:ook at the gap down the right and at the bottom and the top is just missing.  Same scan IMHO  :P

link

Deffo same scan - if you enlarge Chalkys scan and look at the larger scan on the ebay description you'll notice the following similarities.

The BB hole at far left (9 o'clock) on label and MR? stamp in deadwax at 4 o'clock.

Chances of those being in the exact same positions on 2 different pieces of vinyl are absolutely zilch.

Ask for scans of flipside labels if unsure, and check if BB hole is at edge of label on flipside scan. :P

Social source share

Deffo same scan - if you enlarge Chalkys scan and look at the larger scan on the ebay description you'll notice the following similarities.

The BB hole at far left (9 o'clock) on label and MR? stamp in deadwax at 4 o'clock.

Chances of those being in the exact same positions on 2 different pieces of vinyl are absolutely zilch.

Ask for scans of flipside labels if unsure, and check if BB hole is at edge of label on flipside scan. :P

link

Here's the flip I lifted from e-bay when I took the scan of the other side :P

post-225-1120242019_thumb.jpg

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I can see where he's coming from though, why defend someone who appears to be nothing more than a con man? You are the only one who thinks he's cosher!  Everything about him is not right, even down to his taste in screensavers and cook books  :P

link

Sorry you think like that. I just wanted to post my opinion.

I'm leaving this topic

Stoll

Social source share

Here's the flip I lifted from e-bay when I took the scan of the other side  :P

link

There's a way to be sure about a transaction even when you deal with a suspicious seller. If paypal is not enough, ask for escrow

Stoll

Social source share

I used to buy from this seller. He listed rare 60's/70's records on Record Collector a few years ago. I always received what I paid for and his grading is quite fair.

Stoll

link

Hello Stoll, as a matter of interest, what rare records did you buy from this seller?

Social source share

Asking for flipside labels is not enough sometimes! I won a record off ebay from what turned out to be the infamous belgian swine Joseph Salamone, he sent scans of the flip and the correct matrix details, but it was still a 100% rip off attempt! I did not fall for it though and as a result the swine gave me my first and so far only negative feedback on ebay. He has been a member of this forum under many different names, so watch out! I suggested he send me the record first and then I send him the money, he did not like that suggestion at all. :P I wish someone would send him a lump of plastic explosive wrapped in nails and wire, and just blow him to shreds.

Social source share

Asking for flipside labels is not enough sometimes! I won a record off ebay from what turned out to be the infamous belgian swine Joseph Salamone, he sent scans of the flip and the correct matrix details, but it was still a 100% rip off attempt! I did not fall for it though and as a result the swine gave me my first and so far only negative feedback on ebay. He has been a member of this forum under many different names, so watch out! I suggested he send me the record first and then I send him the money, he did not like that suggestion at all. :P   I wish someone would send him a lump of plastic explosive wrapped in nails and wire, and just blow him to shreds.

link

too quick :lol::P:P It should be slow and painful :P:lol:

Social source share

Stoll

link

why not post up where you are from

cause of subject and some posts

and the fact you joined yesterday

do think it is relevant

and asking you to do it

Social source share

Just a suggestion, when you pay for rare records use Paypal. I had to file 2 claims during the last year and I got my money back.

Stoll

link

:lol::P:P

from what i can see a lot of people are also falling for the same

trap

need to ask the question to all of his records

here we go

are you a black legger or a proper dealer and is your

pseudynm Stoll

:P:lol::P

Social source share

:lol:   :P   :P

from what i can see a lot of people are also falling for the same

trap

need to ask the question to all of his records

here we go

are you a black legger or a proper dealer and is your

pseudynm Stoll

:P   :lol:   :P

link

Buyer pays $6 to Asutralia, $10 anywhere else. Insurance is extra.

I ship once a week.

I will be away from 3/July to 7/July, I will not be able to ship or respond to emails while I'm away. This means I will answer and ship when I'm back. For any successfull transaction I always try to post a positive feedback asap, usually within 7 days.

this knackered me so i will try anyway

Social source share

Buyer pays $6 to Asutralia, $10 anywhere else. Insurance is extra.

I ship once a week.

I will be away from 3/July to 7/July, I will not be able to ship or respond to emails while I'm away. This means I will answer and ship when I'm back. For any successfull transaction I always try to post a positive feedback asap, usually within 7 days.

this knackered me so i will try anyway

link

have posted the same q 26 times on his site asking if the records he is selling are old scans and where did he get these originals if they are originals

didnt mention Stoll

thought he would not be amused

:P:P:P

Social source share

Which item did you ask the questions on so we can read them.

QoF

xx

link

It was the Joy Division EP Chrisieo.

And the plot thickens. He either is legit or he's done his homework with this item - he certainly didn't go along with the 'mistake' about the recording studio. Here's how it went (I'm in blue) :P

This is quite interesting. I never heard of this. Please tell me more and I will let you know. Is this faint whistle on both sides? However there's no doubt this is the first pressing as it comes from 1979 for sure!

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

As far as I understand it's only on one (2nd?) side and it's caused by the tape reaching the coloured, none-recordable bit on the end. (Strawberry Studio in Stockport called them Skeedles). I believe that this was edited out on the later presses.

Cheers,

Cool story. Where have you heard it? Any source?

I will give it a spin and I'll get back to you right after.

Best

Gerard

I waited... and then:

Hi

I spun the EP over and over again but I could not hear any "tape skeedles". I'm afraid this is on the later reprints not on the original EP.

This EP was not recorded by Strawberry Studio in Stockport but by Pennin Sound Studio in Oldham

Regards

Gerard

Thoughts, anyone?

Godz

Social source share

Check out the feedback on the bidder on the Louis Curry & Gia Maione, user name:- 4_quixie ( 19) He seem's to have the same taste in purchases as the seller.

Other user names to be wary about, unless anyone can say otherwise, are:-

gimelstob (0)

bernoble (0)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert