Martinmellor Aka Little Martin From Crewe

Guest bazrico

Guest bazrico

Can i just say that if poeple check the info i have passed on which for some i will repeat With sadness i have to inform you that Martin Mellor aka little Martin from crewe has passed away i am sure that soulies will know who iam talking about as the guy as been around since the late seventies. there is a Martin Meyler for give Mart if i spelt your surname wrong i hope this clears up any misunderstanding and confussion.

Social source share

• Replies 31
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sad news. I heard the other day that he had passed away. I've known Little Martin for as long as I've been on the soul scene, which is a long time! Always dancing his little feet off in some corner or other. Always very polite and a nice gentleman. Rest In Peace Martin xx

Social source share

yes ,very sad

lot of you will of seen Martin but maybe not known his name

always @ Keele

wore a vest n pumps with cargo pants

used to run keith minshull around

danced in very corner of venue or on carpet sometimes

anyone know what happened ?

Social source share

Guest bazrico

yes ,very sad

lot of you will of seen Martin but maybe not known his name

always @ Keele

wore a vest n pumps with cargo pants

used to run keith minshull around

danced in very corner of venue or on carpet sometimes

anyone know what happened ?

Keith waiting for the date of Martins funeral will post when i find out a very sad loss r.i.p Martin

Barry

Edited by bazrico
Social source share

Really sad to hear this the other day, we have both known Martin since the early 90's, one of the most unassuming people you could meet, seemed to be everywhere, always dancing, always enjoying the night.

RIP Martin we shall both miss you, our friend.

Martyn & Carol

Social source share

Very sad to hear of his death. I remember him as a shy and quiet guy with his white singlet and ballet pumps. When you got to know him ,and he could trust you, he was also very amusing. I remember a few years ago after a allnighter near Wigan i asked him if he could give me a lift home. He said "o.k." The car was parked in a car park so i jumped in. He said "Got to find signs for the motorway". After driving round Wigan for about ten minutes looking for way to the motorway he made a right and we ended right back in the same carpark. All he said was "What time does the next allnighter start". We made it to the moterway eventually.

Social source share

Guest Jayne Carter

Nanite God Bless Mart

Keep a space on that carpet for me

Till we meet again, i'll miss ya

Love ya x x x

Social source share

How very sad. "The little man with the big heart" is no longer with us.

I haven't seen Martin for a few years but thankfully we hooked up on Facebook & I'm so so grateful that we did now.

A true sweet gentleman that will be missed by everyone.

Condolences to his family & close friends.

With love & sympathy

Alison

xxxx

Social source share

Nanite God Bless Mart

Keep a space on that carpet for me

Till we meet again, i'll miss ya

Love ya x x x

Jayne without a doubt he'll save a space for you.

My heart is hurting for you as I know how much he meant to you & all the good times you shared out at numerous venues.

I'm thinking of you dear Jayne.

RIP sweet Martin

Alison

xxxx

Social source share

Guest Jayne Carter

Martins Funeral is this Thursday 17th June 12 o'clock

Held at Crewe Crematoriam

Market Close, Crewe, Cheshire CW1 2NA

Social source share

had a feeling this was the guy...what a shame.:sad:....never really spoke much but always said hello on the dancefloor at the allniter s up the north.....FULL respect to a fellow soulie and RIP my fellow dance friend........soulful regards mark freeman,,,,,,

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

Sad news indeed was speaking to him at the Gloucester allnighter in March remember him saying he hadn't been very well can't remember waht was wrong with him.

He always had time for a chat

So Sad R.I.P my friend

Social source share

Here you go Chalky.

Always a regular at Middleton / Steam etc.

Hi Joe

thanks for putting the picture I thought I recognised the guy from the discriptions but wasnt sure .

Sorry to hear of martin's passing , never spoke just that tell tale nod each time we passed and that was regular enough at many venues . My condolences to family and friends he will be sadly missed by many

R.I.P. to another good un

Steve h

Social source share

Guest Lucas

I was very saddened to hear that Martin had passed away, and would like to offer my condolences to his Family and Friends.

My memories of Martin are similar to the tributes left by others on this site.

Whenever I attended a Venue, Martin was usually there, dancing away in some corner or a nice space on the carpet !

He was a shy, quiet chap most of the time, but had a sense of hunour, he was always polite, couteous, respectful, never had a bad word to say about anyone, and was a 'Gentleman' in every respect.

In addition, he was a 'Character' who we shall remember with fondness, as a Gentleman, and the sort of person the Northern Soul scene needs.

God bless you Martin, and Rest In Peace.

Francis

(North Wales)

PS: Jayne - Sorry I can not be there for Martin's funeral, but I will e mail you in a few days - taske care now.

Social source share

Guest Jayne Carter

A lovely moving service was attending well today to pay respects and say goodbye to our soul brother Martin.

Friends travelled from all over the U.K. & i know he was in peoples thoughts who couldnt attend,

He was a sweet man & will be sadly missed but fondly remembered by a lot of people,

Nanite God bless Martin x x

Social source share

Goodnight & godbless Little Martin.

The service was a fitting tribute to you & you live on in your children, they were courteous, kind & strong today. They did you proud !!

To laugh often and much;

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;

To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;

To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded.

Edited by Alison H
Social source share

Guest nsoulxx

Oh that's so sad. he was such a polite man, dancing away at Sheridans in Dewsbury, Golborne Catholic Club, Keele.... everywhere in fact. How did he die? RIP Martin love Julie x

Social source share

Guest soulmanvirgin

Heard the sad news last night. What a shame. Quiet fellow, allways said hello but kept himself to himself.

Another soulie missing from the dance floor.

Bev & Shanesad.gif

Social source share

Guest ang b

How sad, sorry to hear this, Martin was a nice friendly guy, always enjoyed himself quietly, RIP Martin, thoughts with his family x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert