Machine On Jarrett

Mike Shawe

• Replies 35
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Has anyone got a copy of Machine - My Baby Love Me - Jarrett for sale?

PM with your price - Cheers  :lol:

link

Hi mike,

check out witchsbrew website had one for £30 i think, did you get my email about the ron henderson lp ?

cheers

andy :lol:

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Has anyone got a copy of Machine - My Baby Love Me - Jarrett for sale?

PM with your price - Cheers  swoon.gif

link

KOPSCOLLECTIONS ON GEMM.COM HAD ONE FOR $12.80 BUT WHEN YOU TRY AND BUY IT ITS SHOWING AS UNAVAILABLE :huh:

Social source share

what the f*ck are they playing at? Did a google search must have found 15 copies between $15 and £60. Pretty lame record in my opinion, will grab a few at $15 though...

link

well i've just done a google search, normal and advanced using all the options and not found one for sale only two topics of discussion on forums whistling.gif

Social source share

but then again paid for it tuesday and not arrived yet :yes:

mark

link

Still waiting for mine, ordered it last saturday & had comfirmation off gemm that its been shipped but thats happened before & i aint recieved stuff, Family of eve off some french guy recently springs to mind for me. Im sure we can trust Tim Brown & Martin Koppel though cant we? :)

Social source share

Still waiting for mine, ordered it last saturday & had comfirmation off gemm that its been shipped but thats happened before & i aint recieved stuff, Family of eve off some french guy recently springs to mind for me. Im sure we can trust Tim Brown & Martin Koppel though cant we? :)

link

Hmm methinks should have listened to Chalky last Saturday when he told me to pick this up sharpish, too late methinks :yes::)

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Still waiting for mine, ordered it last saturday & had comfirmation off gemm that its been shipped but thats happened before & i aint recieved stuff, Family of eve off some french guy recently springs to mind for me. Im sure we can trust Tim Brown & Martin Koppel though cant we? :yes:

link

like i said it arrived this morning but i was starting to have my doubts as to whether it would arrive :)

mark

Social source share

can somebody explain to me what all the fuss is about over this ?

Sure.

In quite a convoluted nutshell, the fuss basically revolves around the fact that at present, two bidders are up against each other over at Manship's place, over said record, the net result being that an otherwise £5-£8-£30 (or £60) record has, over the space of a few days become a £94 record, with the possibility of it going even higher.

This has led to discussion questioning both the sanity of the bidders and the musical worth of the record.

One possible explaination for it's sudden explosion in price could be the mildly baffling, potentially portentious but in truth, surely misplaced 'warning' on said item description that it could become 'the next Earl White or Joseph Webster'. Seems either the bidders have been 'bullied' into going mad on it, just incase they miss 'the next Earl White or Joseph Webster' (which would suggest wholeheartedly buying the slightly foreboding sales pitch over actually listening to the record) or that, failing to find it elsewhere and really liking it a lot, they've decided to chuck a pile of cash at it (which would suggest they like it a lot and feel they want to chuck a pile of cash at it) Mind you, if the twonks had a bit of nounce they'd surely have seen this one cheaper by half at the moment to the one up on 'the auction'...then again, maybe it being compared to Benny Troy :wicked: put them off that copy, just incase it was a mispress and they got Benny Troy. :wicked: Whatever Machine may be, it ain't THAT bad.

:D:D:D

What was the question again?

I have a copy ,should I sell it or is it gonna be the next big thing or what cos its beyond me this tricky disco stuff  :D

link

See above. Give it a spin at the Cumby and let the Geordies decide it's fate...in that area at least :D

Social source share

was told some months ago that this was fetching £60 - £100 down south on the soul scene by Dave Halsall...which soul scene I don't know, maybe the Caister crew or summat...another dealer at Yarmouth Soul Essence backed this up as well. Seems the Northern Scene is just catching up with other scenes here me thinks.

Social source share

thanks for the explanation Jason  but I am more confused than ever now,

no I would not play it at the Cumby cos no tricky disco allowed and you know how frisky I get when shit is played  :wicked:

its all Levines fault !!!

what a waste of $5...............

link

No problem JR, thought you would be. :wicked:

Tsk, and there was me thinking it was an 'across the board do'...wondered why they didn't have a glitter ball in there :D :search:

Social source share

Guest lotusland

Managed to pick it up from Andy's site ok - cheers

whistling.gif

link

The flip on this is the business, has anybody bothered to listen??

Social source share

The flip on this is the business, has anybody bothered to listen??

link

Can you post a clip because 'my baby loves me' is boring.

thanks,

Tenyu

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the dukester

This is a poor 45. Anyone who owns one should feel slightly sheepish. Those currently looking for one should be certified.

link

Plenty of sheepish people out there then, also a lot more that need to be certified :shades:

Open your mind, this is a great record IMO. Lets just embrace the tunes that keep on coming. Its a good job we are all different we would all be driving red cars (no dont comment if you have a red car)

I will say it, I prefer the machine track to the earl white track. ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Source Advert