2011-06-18: Rugby Soul Club All-Niter Sat 18Th June 2011

• Replies 152
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

well after looking forward to this one so long I've had to just cancel due to a family bereavement.

hope you all have a brilliant time, first one I'll have missed in ages.

and huge apologies to Sian and Dean for leaving them 1 DJ down at such short notice.

Phil

Sorry to hear this Phil, take care and we'll see you soon

Andy and Mel xxx

my box is now packed full of hipphoppyjazzybluesyfunkystomperytype things see you later cuz its gonna be a party hypo.gif

Now that sounds brill Johnno! See you at 7ish :yes:

Right folks as the lovely Phil Shields cannot make it over for the first time EVER, we have split the spots between two DJs.

Ledders will do the first spot 10.15 - 11. For those who missed his first spot last time, you will be in for a treat...:yes:

and Dave Raistrick will do the 4am - 5am spot - a man who needs no introduction...thumbsup.gif

Guest Mrs Simsy

well after looking forward to this one so long I've had to just cancel due to a family bereavement.

hope you all have a brilliant time, first one I'll have missed in ages.

and huge apologies to Sian and Dean for leaving them 1 DJ down at such short notice.

Phil

So sorry to hear this Phil. See you in September.wink.gif

I haven't recovered but that won't stop me. :yes:

Neither have I but can't wait!laugh.gif

Been at work so just going for a nap and I'll be raring to go later.biggrin.gif

Guest Mrs Simsy

excellent nite..in main room from 12 -6am..brill spots from matt and john weston

10/10

well done to all on a fab nite

atb

mark

yes.gif

Aching legs, tired eyes and a sore throat from talking too much!wink.gif Was a bit worried that after Cleethorpes the numbers might be down but I was wrong-loads of people there!

Atmosphere was great and a lot of people seemed to be almost running from room to room trying to catch all the DJs at the same time!

Really enjoyed Daves last spot. Thanks to Sian, Dean, Kenny and Liane and the rest of team Rugby for putting on such a good night.biggrin.gif

See you in September!

Well our gang had a great time,thankyou Sian and team.

Thankyou Carol and Jeff for the birthday card :lol:

Tee,always says I never talk much at nighters,so sorry if I was abit quite.

Atb.Kev.:thumbsup:

Ahh, we loved your happy little bunch Kev, they were great! Please bring them every time :D Looking forward to your Uncle Dude playing the freestyle room in September too. And now you've got used to being around people at Rugby, we've become accustomed to you communicating with just your wagging tail & wet nose :D

I had a lovely birthday night out, thanks so much for the fab cards & pressies everyone, and Claire S the northern soul cupcakes are a triumph! Think Eddie Hubbard in the freestyle was my favourite DJ of the night - some cracking album tracks that don't see enough light of day, top drawer Mr H. I even pretended to stroke my chin at some of them - I'll be in Milletts looking for an anorak next. thumbsup.gif (Can you get sparkly anoraks?)

Well done to the Cleethorpes posse who were still on the floor at 6am, apologies to everyone whose ears I jawed off - I really enjoyed all our little chats, and as always thanks to Sian & Dean, whose hospitality is legend. Your most excellent house & garden is the world's #1 destination for post-niter wit & conviviality, playing top tunes, setting the world to rights & speaking total bollocks :yes: You are completely ace xx

Guest RachelY

had a great night - danced from the moment I got there until I left at 4.15 (I know light-weight!!!).

Feeling a little jaded but nothing that chocolate, coffee and an early night won't sort out, oh my legs ache a bit today too!!

Thanks to all concerned - will be back in September

RAY

xx

Really enjoyed that!!.Spent most of my time in the freestyle room,plenty of quality to keep me entertained.All did a sterling job,with some of the rarest tunes around being spun.Hats off to Ted,John,Eddie,Molly....Caught some tunes in the main room as i was passing thru..John Weston ...nice stuff !!.

As usual,great company.Nice to meet Eddie Hubbard after all this time.

Ahh, we loved your happy little bunch Kev, they were great! Please bring them every time yes.gif Looking forward to your Uncle Dude playing the freestyle room in September too. And now you've got used to being around people at Rugby, we've become accustomed to you communicating with just your wagging tail & wet nose :yes:

I had a lovely birthday night out, thanks so much for the fab cards & pressies everyone, and Claire S the northern soul cupcakes are a triumph! Think Eddie Hubbard in the freestyle was my favourite DJ of the night - some cracking album tracks that don't see enough light of day, top drawer Mr H. I even pretended to stroke my chin at some of them - I'll be in Milletts looking for an anorak next. :thumbsup: (Can you get sparkly anoraks?)

Tee,Im sorry I didnt kwow it was your birthday,or I would have got you something.

A very happy birthday dear,Tee.xx :lol:

Kev.

Ahh, we loved your happy little bunch Kev, they were great! Please bring them every time yes.gif Looking forward to your Uncle Dude playing the freestyle room in September too. And now you've got used to being around people at Rugby, we've become accustomed to you communicating with just your wagging tail & wet nose :yes:

I had a lovely birthday night out, thanks so much for the fab cards & pressies everyone, and Claire S the northern soul cupcakes are a triumph! Think Eddie Hubbard in the freestyle was my favourite DJ of the night - some cracking album tracks that don't see enough light of day, top drawer Mr H. I even pretended to stroke my chin at some of them - I'll be in Milletts looking for an anorak next. :thumbsup: (Can you get sparkly anoraks?)

Well done to the Cleethorpes posse who were still on the floor at 6am, apologies to everyone whose ears I jawed off - I really enjoyed all our little chats, and as always thanks to Sian & Dean, whose hospitality is legend. Your most excellent house & garden is the world's #1 destination for post-niter wit & conviviality, playing top tunes, setting the world to rights & speaking total bollocks :lol: You are completely ace xx

Glad that you liked them Tee ..

They loved them at The Stute too ..

So for all you that want some go to ebay ... Item number: 260789039516

So pleased that you had a good night ..

Claire xxx

Tee,Im sorry I didnt kwow it was your birthday,or I would have got you something.

A very happy birthday dear,Tee.xx :thumbsup:

Kev.

Straight to your kennel with no biscuits! Bad boy! :lol:

I'm gurning I'm so upset. It's not like I ask for a lot of attention, lol xx

post-8338-0-27999700-1308505783_thumb.jp

Your outfit brightened the room Tee! :thumbsup:

Super night full of super japes and scrapes. Really enjoyed myself!

Photos and drivel here

Be sure to ask for a Cockachinno the next time you're in a

coffee house.

Especially if your in Skegness at Donna's

coffee house!

lol mega xxxxxxxxxxxx brilliance I love you Soulgirl hatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gif

Ahh, we loved your happy little bunch Kev, they were great! Please bring them every time :lol: Looking forward to your Uncle Dude playing the freestyle room in September too. And now you've got used to being around people at Rugby, we've become accustomed to you communicating with just your wagging tail & wet nose :lol:

I had a lovely birthday night out, thanks so much for the fab cards & pressies everyone, and Claire S the northern soul cupcakes are a triumph! Think Eddie Hubbard in the freestyle was my favourite DJ of the night - some cracking album tracks that don't see enough light of day, top drawer Mr H. I even pretended to stroke my chin at some of them - I'll be in Milletts looking for an anorak next. :lol: (Can you get sparkly anoraks?)

Well done to the Cleethorpes posse who were still on the floor at 6am, apologies to everyone whose ears I jawed off - I really enjoyed all our little chats, and as always thanks to Sian & Dean, whose hospitality is legend. Your most excellent house & garden is the world's #1 destination for post-niter wit & conviviality, playing top tunes, setting the world to rights & speaking total bollocks :lol: You are completely ace xx

Thank you very much T , really kind of you .Glad you enjoyed the night ,cheers ,Eddie x

Really enjoyed that!!.Spent most of my time in the freestyle room,plenty of quality to keep me entertained.All did a sterling job,with some of the rarest tunes around being spun.Hats off to Ted,John,Eddie,Molly....Caught some tunes in the main room as i was passing thru..John Weston ...nice stuff !!.

As usual,great company.Nice to meet Eddie Hubbard after all this time.

It was great to meet and chat to you too Kev , can't believe we didn't meet years ago , I'll be in touch regarding CD's ......cheers ,Eddie

Arrived at Ben Hall just before 11.30 to the array of filthy smokers blocking my entrance :lol: :lol: :lol: ( 15 weeks without a fag ) :lol: Mr O` Boyle you do really need to give up the fags you know :yes::yes: Anyway rabbling stopped :yes: Was great to be amongst good friends that i mostly only see at Rugby :lol: you know who you are :yes: the rest of you reprobates i see more often :lol: Tee, Tabs & Debs hope you enjoyed your Birthday celebrations :D

Music of the night for me was Matt`s spot in the main room & Molly in the freestyle room :lol:

Lasted till about 4.30 had to get back to the south before Mr Thomas got too tired and was tempted to fall asleep on the M25 again angry.gif but i did have my prodder just incase :lol::lol: got home just before 6.30

Thanx Sian, Dean & Kenny your hospitality it is second to none :yes:

Hope to see you soon

Julie xxx

Guest soul elite

We had an amazing nite, just love everything about the people and the place.Thankyou guys for living up to my expectations!! :):ohmy: :DXXX

Guest BigPaul

Best Ruggers yet for meyes.gifhatsoff2.gif

Spent most of the night in the freestyle roomhatsoff2.gif to all Djs in therethumbsup.gif

And most of the morning talking crap in Leicester Forest East servicesyes.gif

Best

Paul

I love ruggers always have, one of the most delightful niters around, and the place to be where you can catch up with loads of people,

I tried to support every one sat nite and made sure I was in the freebasing for every DJ, I may have not been there for all of the set, but I was there for most, at some point in the nite, I was really struggling with my legs, and so there for had to sit it out for the remaining time, music was outstanding, the record of the nite for me, was the summits..:) fantastic tune,:thumbsup:it was good to see the standard was kept flowing all nite, all the DJ,s played blinding sets, well done.It was always going to be difficult for me as Dave, our long time best friend, Ted my gardening pal, and driver :lol:weston my coach, but I did my best and went from door to door :rolleyes:and now I cant walk :ohmy:a superb nite!

sad.gif I missed a good night - I am still poorley blink.gifsweatingbullets.gifsweatingbullets.gifsweatingbullets.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif Next one xx

I was/am too but I didn't miss it...:P

Steve and I slated you loads...wink.gif

Stood near the door (and tried) to listen to 'em both :thumbsup:

Shame it didn't work :no:

I've sussed it John. If I sit at the door and close the main room doors, I can hear what's being played in each room,

only trouble is I'm so slow at getting up, by the time I do, the song's finished...:thumbsup:

I was guna answer everyone separately but you've all been far too busy yapping...:yes:

Thanks soooooooooo much for keeping coming and for all the kind words of encouragement.

We were well pleased with the numbers considering so many were suffering the dreaded Cleethorpes lurgy...

many of you will be pleased to know, I can now only whisper (doesn't stop me typing tho)...:thumbsup:

82 sleeps and we will be back - 10th Spetember, if you didn't already know...:thumbsup:

What a good night the Benn Hall Rugby was, thought it would be a bit quiet being on after the Cleethorpes weekender but how wrong I was :yes:, we were a bit spoiled for choice as to which room to be in as the lineup of dj's was superb, wasn't in the big room much but what I heard was some great tunes, spent most of my time in the lickle room, got there early so I could listen to a fellow album spinner (Eddie Hubbard's 1st set) in the lickle room, heard quality sets from all the dj's in that room, Eddie got the floor going and the dancers never stopped til the last record :thumbsup:.

Great venue, great music n' a very friendly up for it crowd :thumbsup:.

Back to Sian n' Dean's with about 20 others for coffee before the long trip home ........music, coffee, choc eclairs n' bollox talking ... .........love it :thumbsup:.

Well done Sian n' Dean and everyone else who helped to make it a brilliant night :thumbsup:.

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit

Source Advert