2011-01-29: 100 Club-6Ts

• Replies 56
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Ady

Looking forward to a great night down the 100 with celibrations in store with Ian,s big 50th,mini bus booked and a invasion of the Notts Possi

Ready to give him a night to remember

Till then

B Good

Mick H

:shades: Lets have another packer! thumbup.gif

Methinks the unknown saviour of the 100 Club needs to be left in no doubt that the 6t's niter is worthy of it's Saturday "prime time" slots.

Someone suggested in another thread that it wouldn't be long before live bands filled the Saturday calender to generate more revenue. After going

through so much in the last few months it would be a crime to lose the niter at the final hurdle.

Blue Posts first anyone?

hatsoff2.gif - Kev.

Edited by KevinKent

:lol: Lets have another packer! :lol:

Methinks the unknown saviour of the 100 Club needs to be left in no doubt that the 6t's niter is worthy of it's Saturday "prime time" slots.

Someone suggested in another thread that it wouldn't be long before live bands filled the Saturday calender to generate more revenue. After going

through so much in the last few months it would be a crime to lose the niter at the final hurdle.

Blue Posts first anyone?

:lol: - Kev.

Good thinking Kev, I'll put another rumour about and we'll get all the feeling guilty for not coming down enough, absentees down there!:lol:

Guest Mrs Simsy

Half a dozen Italians, a mass of mods, a motley crew of Midlanders and a soulful stag night are on their way.

Trickster's in Japan though so we need a dancefloor moderator!

I'll do it, does the Hawaiian shirt come as the uniform? If so i'm a size 10. If not then i don't want the job!laugh.gif

Can't wait, not long now.:rolleyes:

I'll do it, does the Hawaiian shirt come as the uniform? If so i'm a size 10. If not then i don't want the job!:thumbsup:

Can't wait, not long now.biggrin.gif

Apparently Trickster's in Italy on the Friday not Japan and that could explain the charabanc of Italians coming to the 100 Club :thumbsup::lol::)

He might be back in time, but if not Kylie just scowl at the blokes and explain sweetly to the pretty girls with drinks on the dancefloor.

I've ordered a super-polish of the floor so knne and elbow pads are advisable.

Apparently Trickster's in Italy on the Friday not Japan and that could explain the charabanc of Italians coming to the 100 Club :):lol:laugh.gif

He might be back in time, but if not Kylie just scowl at the blokes and explain sweetly to the pretty girls with drinks on the dancefloor.

I've ordered a super-polish of the floor so knne and elbow pads are advisable.

Deeply ensconced in the sofa last night (as yer do) watching the British Schindler and our lass is telling tales from over there that one Christopher Von Harvey Trickster IS the new owner of the 100 Club and Ady knows all about it....!yes.gif

g.gif The boy was looking around for digs not long back, maybe he's taking up residence!? "I liked it so much, I bought the 100 Club" .. :thumbsup:

Party on Dudes! :thumbsup:

Edited by Simsy

Deeply ensconced in the sofa last night (as yer do) watching the British Schindler and our lass is telling tales from over there that one Christopher Von Harvey Trickster IS the new owner of the 100 Club and Ady knows all about it....!:wub:

:yes: The boy was looking around for digs not long back, maybe he's taking up residence!? "I liked it so much, I bought the 100 Club" .. :lol:

Party on Dudes! :thumbsup:

no Trickster he will be miss yes.gif cheers billy

Our wonderful flyer graphic artist Ms Virginie will be coming over from Berlin, but she will be representing the French nation sans doute.

Put it that way, as Virginie has been welcomed and integrated by and with the Berlin family just like the french huguenots were three hundred years ago one could seriously say she now is more than worthy to represent both, French nation and Soul City Berlin.

:lol:

I'm a bit knackered after Dim and Wit's birthday party, which was most enjoyable. However after listening to some music on my PC I feel I must get out tonight to the 100 Club. Sure I'll feel fine after a good meal, shower, etc. Hopefully see you all there.

Stop buying records then Paul or scrape that marge on your toast a bit thinner.laugh.gif

Blue Posts for 9.00.

Kev

If i knew how to withdraw funds from my paypal account i would stop buying :lol: butter on toast im not that rich we use margerine dont you know :D

have a great night and hopefully catch up soon :lol:

Guest peter burke

Deeply ensconced in the sofa last night (as yer do) watching the British Schindler and our lass is telling tales from over there that one Christopher Von Harvey Trickster IS the new owner of the 100 Club and Ady knows all about it....!:lol:

:lol: The boy was looking around for digs not long back, maybe he's taking up residence!? "I liked it so much, I bought the 100 Club" .. king.gif

Party on Dudes! :lol:

Sorry couldn't make it but comments above remind me of not many years ago when I think the guy that actually owned the building passed away and it passed down to his sons (Ady correct me if a little inaccurate).

Anyway 100 Club business carried on and the sons apparently let out the flat above the rear of the club to a new tenant.

The only problem was they forgot to warn him of the monthly nocturnal invasion.

Around 4am he decided he needed to find out what all the noise was about and get them to turn it down, as if!

Imagine the guys surprise on stumbling in to the club via the rear staircase, somewhere near the ladies loos, and finding himself on the corner of the dance floor in his dressing gown and slippers, think a few on the floor were a tad surprised as wellhuh.gif

Not sure how but he was eventually ushered away back to bed.

I know Ady has worn almost identical attire when attending a footy match many years ago but we wont go therethumbsup.gif

Just got in from the 100 Club......what a night! A slow start and I think I was first in but it really picked up from midnight and kept busy right til the end. Nice to see Matt and Ian enjoying their spots along with the usual suspects. thumbsup.gif

:ohmy:Where did all those new faces come from? Loads of up for it youngsters and no sign of dancefloor etiquette abuse - what a joy!

I hopped down from the stage at the end and my knees gave way and I went over. Maybe it's about time I got more use out of my slippers or took up bingo or something. Perhaps I should call it a day. I dunno....I'll sleep on it, One things for sure......judging by last night the scene will continue for a good few years yet.

Sorry this is a bit short but I'm totally knacked. Off to bed :lol:

:lol: - Kev.

Top night, going from strength to strength. Few regular faces missing, a lot of new young faces all up for it on the dance floor till 6 in the morning, music across the board excellent, nice one ady and too all the djs involved, a young lady did put a smile on my face she said 'you look like my dad and you dance like my young brother.

Cheers Billy :lol:

IMHO Last night the 100Club was as good as it ever was, drunks no longer permitted and the only two over enthusiastic flailing was politely stopped. doorman informed any one of the music policy so they don't wast their time.

I don't think any one roomed venue plays such a variety of soul. A whole load of young people basking in the mod/soul scene (I envied them, remembering how I was then) The 100 Club is totally unique as always, in a good way. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

I intended to comment when I got home but unusually for me I felt so tired I had to get my head down for a couple of hours.

I'd had doubts about whether to go or not. Having been to Rbman and Pete Bennett's joint birthday party in Welwyn the previous night I was tired, despite the promises of the Premier Inn that you always get a good night's sleep. Therefore wondered if it would be sensible to have a quiet night in with the TV. However playing some music duirng the afternoon made me realise that I needed to go out and hear some soul in a club. And I made the right decision.

Great night, so packed you'd have thought it was the anniversary. I think it was Kylie who said there'd been an article in the Guardian a couple of days ago about our night. If so it certainly pulled in loads of new young faces. I must admit watching them dance and doing stuff I can't do these days did make me feel old (or older than usual, lol). The dance floor was busy for most of the night, it did clear out a bit at around 4-ish. Certainly a contrast to last January's all nighter, where there were fewer in, of course the weather then was much worse, with snow and ice on the ground in the suburbs of London.

Musically excellent imo. Loads of tunes that were new to me, that's what I like, but plenty I knew that I could dance to. Well done to the 2 guest DJs; and of course to the 4 regulars. For a beat ballad aficionado like myself there were some lovely tunes played. So pleased when Ady played Just Say Goodbye by Esther Phillips as one of the last records, haven't heard that out since the last ngiht of These Old Shoes, absolutely brilliant record.

Quite a few friends there, but quite a few missing, I know one person who intended to be there is unfortunately under the weather. Good to see the ones who were there. Hope me rambling on didn't get on your nerves.

Once again thank you to all concerned, long may the 6ts night continue.

Guest Mrs Simsy

Imagine the guys surprise on stumbling in to the club via the rear staircase, somewhere near the ladies loos, and finding himself on the corner of the dance floor in his dressing gown and slippers, think a few on the floor were a tad surprised as wellhuh.gif

A friend of my dads took a dressing gown and slippers in his nighter bag once, put them on halfway through one of Adys spots and went up to the desks to complain about the noise!:hatsoff2:

Well i can only echo whats been said. Place was packed out, lots of people i knew and lots of people i didn't but no drunks messing about on the dancefloor, only lots of people having a great time.:thumbsup:

Guest Ollie Lailey

Fantastic atmosphere, really reminded me of when I first started going down there 10 years ago! Great to see lots of new faces and tourists all having a good time enjoying the records (and not being dickheads)

Sterling work from all the Dj's as per.

Edited by Ollie Lailey

I have to admit I don't get down there often (I was more of a regular in Clarkie's day) but last night was one of the best all-nighters I've had down there in many years (is 20 exaggerating?).

It was brilliant to see so many enthusiastic youngsters in there (sorry Ady if I bent your ear about that as I was leaving). One regular moaned to me that they wasn't enjoying it but I thought the crowd was great, refreshing to see and definitely a most welcome addition.

Another bonus for me personally was hearing more modern records, a great set from Joel and a couple of modern gems from Butch (the Stevens & Foster CU and the record before that were outstanding....more of the same please Butch!). The modern records didn't clear the floor (they actually got me on there) and certainly didn't stop the younger folk from dancing, maybe they're more open to hearing 7ts tracks as well. It was also good to hear some classics when I arrived Natural Four, The Fi-Dels etc.

Great records played and an excellent crowd last night, I hope this continues throughout the year.

It sure was a buzzin' night-first thing I noticed as I walked in (apart from Sharon of course) was the lovely polished dancefloor. No complaints there although I couldn't make as much use of it as I usually do as I was helping Imogen out in the cloakroom area. Yes lots of well behaved youngsters which was good to see. It's great to see the variation of dance moves that some of the 'newbies' bring to the floor as they throw themselves into the music with total abandonment. Me and Mick Smith turned to each other at one point and laughed, 'Northern Soul, but not as we know it.!'

Cheers Ady for the Willie Bollinger record. It's truly one of the best unissued items of late and up there with the Paramount 4. Also thanks to Dave Rimmer, those records cleaned up mighty fine.

All dj's played some great stuff although I'm not too keen on the Latin stuff Matt Bolton played but that's just me. Glad he enjoyed his stag do.

The people who were dancing to Butch's more modern offerings were mainly regulars who are getting off to that groove.

Good to see Warren back off his hols and Nick Brown ensconsed in record talk at the record bar end. Imogen's really pleased with the Citations.

It was a stark contrast to last January's allnighter and the 100Club looks like its defo back on track.

Best

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore
Guest Goldwax

There were one or two concerns through the early part of last year when numbers dipped then came impending doom as the venue's very existence was in serious doubt. How quickly things change. A rallying call from Ady and a swell in interest as a result of the clubs media interest and uncertainty have seen huge improvement.

Saturday night was a tremendous mix of musical styles, era's and tempos - new and old. Fresh faces mingled with the old school and the energy was tangible. No problems with the uninitiated as far as I know.

I have not danced that much in ages. By 5 o'clock my legs had gone and there are still blisters on the soles of my feet. Thanks to all the DJ's (Yum Yum Tree - genius!) and staff.

A fabulous night! The cloakroom was full by 12.00 and more people kept on arriving throughout the night so I was kept very busy . Kevin gave me a break when Butch came on for his last spot and as usual he did not disappoint. I really liked Butch's new Stevens & Foster c/u. Joel also impressed me with his set. He sparkled. Mick Smith played a blinder in both sets and party man Ian looked like he was really enjoying it up there and I know Matt Bolton had a great pre wedding do. It was really great to see Nick Brown enjoying himself. Finaly managed to get the Citations thanks.and Keep the faith!

Well done Ady cracking night.

Source Advert