Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

Miff

Long time no see , still not seen you at Just so Dec 27th mate get yourself there

Bickers

Might Just be able to fit that in around my busy work schedule :wave::thumbsup:

Social source share

Todays offering: Ms Mary Wells, one of my favourite femme soul artists. Claimed to have been recorded in Chicago but I'm not sure? Speaking to Carl Davis a few years ago he confirmed that he had recorded with Mary at Golden World studios in an attempt to recreate her earlier success. Can't You See Your Losing Me' has the Funks written all over it, so does this for me. Either way a great slice of mid tempo femme soul for the price of an 'Arrow Bar' (Ask yer Dads)

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/tQ5sqMvogPA

• Helpful 3
Social source share

This is really early R'n'B but absolutely tough and a blast to dance to if you like that sort of thing

JImmy Liggins ~ Ada From Decatur ~ Duplex

Edited by Preems
Social source share

Was hoping to post the flip ( My side of the track)... Cannot find it on the tube though.... Great underplayed double header...

Big Thanks to Steve ( Soul Integrity ) for making it happen :thumbup:

Ritchie

Keep meaning to pick one of these up but not done so yet.Didn't realise it had a good B side too,deffo one to get in the New Year :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Todays offering: Ms Mary Wells, one of my favourite femme soul artists. Claimed to have been recorded in Chicago but I'm not sure? Speaking to Carl Davis a few years ago he confirmed that he had recorded with Mary at Golden World studios in an attempt to recreate her earlier success. Can't You See Your Losing Me' has the Funks written all over it, so does this for me. Either way a great slice of mid tempo femme soul for the price of an 'Arrow Bar' (Ask yer Dads)

Regards,

Dave

Dave

New to me but very nice,I agree to great female artist.

Cheers

Martyn

PS Asked my Dad about Arrow Bars but he said he was too young to remember them :thumbsup:

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

EDWARD HAMILTON 'Willing mind'...Classy flip time yet again....A beautiful piece of 60s Detroit Soul from MR HAMILTON...A great midtempo 'A' side too, what a winner!....

https://youtu.be/Pn5wNmyMI-Q

Both sides stunning Rich, top top choices mate, "Willing Mind" was new to me, how I've missed this one over the years beats me, thanx for putting that right. :thumbsup:

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Was hoping to post the flip ( My side of the track)... Cannot find it on the tube though.... Great underplayed double header...

Big Thanks to Steve ( Soul Integrity ) for making it happen :thumbup:

Only too glad to help Rich, as ya say mate, what a classy double sider, and never got it's due imo, suffering from that old "too cheap to play" disease imho

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share