News: Dobie Gray R I P....

nubes

Very sad news, as with so many other amazing influential soul artists, writers etc this year it seems.

I can distinctly remember hearing In Crowd and Out On The Floor for the very first time at a school disco circa '82/3 when I was 11 or 12 and listening / watching some older kids dancing "differently" to these and other great records like them. For me at the time stood out clearly as being so much different / better than most of the other music at those regular school discos. I watched and joined in and somehow knew there and then that soul / dance music would firmly be in my life. It remains so and always will.

Thanks for that Dobie Gray and RIP

Social source share

Just to state the obvious. Is there a greater feelgood record then "Out on the floor"? One of the first records most of us will have heard in our early days on the scene.

A very talented musician as well as a provider of great mempries.

God bless you Dobie.

agree with every thing you say ' huge loss

Social source share

im genuinly humbled by this tidal wave of emotion,....what a wonderful humanitarian kind we are, that our icons are held in such high esteem...dobie gray touched all our lives, his music will never die...in our hearts, souls and most importantly.....in our feet....when his music is played........THERE ISNT A FLOOR WE WONT BE OUT ON.... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest kezza a

OUT ON THE FLOOR GOT ME AND MY MATES UP DANCING AND INTO NORTHERN SOUL HALIFAX CIVIC TUES NIGHT 1978 AND STILL GOING STRONG RIP DOBIE GRAY

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!