Help Identifying A Track - Detroit?

Can you identify the track?

I'm guessing called "Eyes of love" or "Looking in the eyes of love" and I'm told it comes from Detroit. There are two names on the label: Yvonne Stevens & Ralph (something - looks like it could be Woothy / Woolly / Woodly). The song sounds really familiar - was it recorded by someone else?

https://soundcloud.com/harveysoulfinger/eyes-of-love-sample

All help appreciated.

Social source share

Can you identify the track?

I'm guessing called "Eyes of love" or "Looking in the eyes of love" and I'm told it comes from Detroit. There are two names on the label: Yvonne Stevens & Ralph (something - looks like it could be Woothy / Woolly / Woodly). The song sounds really familiar - was it recorded by someone else?

https://soundcloud.com/harveysoulfinger/eyes-of-love-sample

All help appreciated.

Don't know that version-but it should sound familiar...

it's from the Opera "Carmen"

and it's called Habanera

ATB

Tony

Edited by tonyp
Social source share

Don't know that version-but it should sound familiar...

it's from the Opera "Carmen"

and it's called Habanera

ATB

Tony

The tune is the famous aria from Habanera (Carmen : Bizet) "L'amour est un oiseau rebelle." ("Love is a rebellious bird")

I have Habanera in my music library - just been giving it a listen. Of course, no wonder it sounded so familiar! Excellent - well spotted the pair of you! Much like The Toys and their use of Bach's Minuet in G major...

Artist & label?

Edited by Russell Gilbert
Social source share

The musicians sound a little like a few of the late '60s Detroit musicians. So, IF we find out that this recording was made in Detroit, I won't be terribly shocked. But sound can fool you sometimes, and people like Richard Tee in New York, sometimes 'simulated "The Detroit Sound" several times, very successfully. I'll be curious to find out who made this recording, and where it was made.

Social source share

Ooh a bit of culture,splendid stuff.Unfortunately not for knuckle draggers though,but those of us who appreciate the finer things in life applaud it...good arrer!

never mind 'good arrer' its the 'knuckle draggers' that caught my attention. Who are 'knuckle draggers'? Does that refer to anyone who does not like the same songs as you? I can't stand people with that sort of attitude...and a huge part of the reason I don't like going out much anymore...the scene seems to be full of self righteous people who slag people off for what they choose to listen to, or what clothes they wear etc

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!