Worst Ebay Experience - Also On Soul Source

Pete S

This guy, Brian Kirschenbaum, on here as BRAINK, on ebay as "tapes" people please beware if you ever come across him because he's made the past 2 weeks a misery for me, clueless people armed with Manship books are dangerous.

I advertised a kelly Garrett - Loves The Only Answer - Smash reissue on ebay, plainly described as a 2nd issue, which as we know is an all encompassing term for a pressing.

He buys it on a buy it now, then after he's bought it, he starts asking questions like is this a reissue or an original 2nd issue???

So I reply that to the best of my knowledge, it's a sanctioned reissue as I doubt if they would be bold enough to use the Mercury logo if it were an out and out boot. I don't know of another boot on Smash, but there are several 2nd issues. Also, I wasn't there when they were made, so how should I know, really? I just answered honestly.

Then, before he receives the record, he starts bombarding with emails and messages asking if it is an original reissue (?) and is it on vinyl or styrene because Manships book says it is a repro. I'm never claiming it to be anything else.

So I say send it back and you can have a full refund, there was never any doubt that I'd do this, I'm easy to deal with and just send it back if not happy.

He then goes on to tell me that I lied, that ALL second issues are in fact bootlegs (this includes Columbia Special Products, Okeh legit reissues, Smash and Mercury legit issues) and I lied!

Plus he sends me 7 messages via Soul Source in the space of about 3 hours, which force me to block him.

Next, he returns the record, which I have to pay almost £20 charges on myself because he puts the full value.

As soon as it arrives back, I refund his money.

So guess what he does next, he leaves me a negative feedback

" beware sells bootleg/repro sold as second issue-would not admit it was not orig. "

I was just about to make 10,000 positive feedbacks and he's just ruined the lot, for absolutely no reason apart from to be vindictive.

Firstly, it was him who decided to buy it not me, secondly I described it accurately, and thirdly I didn't even have to give him a refund by rights - and then he leaves sneaky, vindictive negative feedback. I never once said it was an original, if it were an original I would have not been selling it for £25 start price £50 buy it now, it would have been £175 buy it now. I NEVER said it was an original. But because Manships book says "repro", I get this sh*t. So thats it folks, please yourself if this is the sort of person you want to deal with, because I certainly don't. Fortunately I will send this out to over 5000 people later so people will know what to expect.

If I"ve done something wrong, I hold my hand up, but how petty and pathetic can one person be?

Does anyone have the phone number for ebay UK please?

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Thanks Paul, already rang them, they say they can't remove the negative but might be able to remove the comment if it's defamatory - the comment said I sold a reissue as an original, which I plainly did not and only the person who left it can do anything about it.

Why is it that they all come out on Ebay? I sell on Amazon, I've sold over 300 cd's on there and have had ONE complaint, someone was upset the four spokes were missing from the centre of the cd case otherwise, every cd delivered, fantastic feedback, but you get on ebay and people are out to screw you and con you, and then of course there's the old "this record is of lesser condition, I'd like a partial refund".

We need to root these people out, both buyers and sellers, my post here today will hopefully do something about one of them.

Social source share

I am sure "Briank" will be here later to deny any of what's been said, fortunately I have copies of all correspondence which I am happy to provide for anyone to see. Nowhere did I claim the record was an original, and nowhere was I rude to the buyer. They have you over a barrel with the threat of negative feedback.

Ebay say they are powerless to remove the feedback but I can fill in a defamation form. The only way the feedback can be changed is by the person who left it.

Great.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

I just want to cover all bases here, so here is all correspondence between the two of us.

Once again, I’d like to know what I’ve done wrong here.

I even offered to give him some postage back!

To: tapes

Subject: mayfairmenthol sent a message about KELLY GARRETT — LOVE’S THE ONLY ANSWER — SMASH #110967222886

Sent Date: 22-Oct-12 11:20:54 BST

Dear tapes,

Brian, many thanks for buying, if you let me know when the record has arrived, I will refund some of that postage, it is hideously expensive to post outside of Europe nowadays. Record will be posted this afternoon. Many thanks,

Pete

• mayfairmenthol

To: mayfairmenthol

Subject: Re: mayfairmenthol sent a message about KELLY GARRETT — LOVE’S THE ONLY ANSWER — SMASH #110967222886

Sent Date: 22-Oct-12 14:25:05 BST

Dear mayfairmenthol,

Just to make sure this is not a repro or boot, right? In other words a legit second pressing.

- tapes

Subject: Re: mayfairmenthol sent a message about KELLY GARRETT — LOVE’S THE ONLY ANSWER — SMASH #110967222886

Sent Date: 22-Oct-12 14:53:02 BST

Dear tapes,

Yeah they wouldn't risk reproducing the Mercury / Philips copyrights. Plus the sound quality is outstanding. Something like Burning Bush which was a Mercury release, was issued on a label called Contact with no attempt at an official release, AS FAR AS I KNOW this is a legal reissue like The Present, Susan farrar, Chalfontes etc.

• mayfairmenthol

Dear mayfairmenthol,

Is the copy you sent me a vinyl copy or styrene?

• tapes

Sent Date: 04-Nov-12 10:14:58 GMT

Dear tapes,

Not arrived yet?

It's vinyl.

• mayfairmenthol

Dear mayfairmenthol,

The vinyl copies are reproductions and not originals. Therefore, I am requesting a full refund.

• tapes

Now switching to Soul Source messages

Sent 04 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

What do you mean by a pressing...bootleg? I bought a copy from you on ebay you said was an original second pressing by smash. What is this one?

Is the one sold on ebay a boot? Is it vinyl or styrene?

I need to know ASAP

Sent 04 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Brian, you've already asked me and I answered it in detail.

Pressing is a cover all description to describe records that are not originals but were pressed for the Northern scene.

Some are legitimate, some are semi-legitimate, and some are just out and out bootlegs.

Not sure what difference vinyl or styrene makes though?

Sent 04 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Pete, I asked that because according to John Manship book the vinyl pressings are boots. You still did not answer that question yet either. Is the copy you sent me vinyl or styrene?

Brian

I replied to your ebay message, it's vinyl.

Manship's book says 'repro', not boot.

Whats going on here Brian, I described it as a second issue, it was clearly marked as that, you saw the description, you got a second description from me and you saw a photo, which looks nothing like the original, the original costs £175 to £200.

n.b. if you don't want it just send it back when you get it and I'll refund all your monies

Sent 04 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Ok. Refund all my money back. I will refuse the package and it will go back to you.

Thanks,

Brian

That might take a while if you do that though as opposed to post it back.

Sent 04 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

I will ask that question at the post office tomorrow and If it it's a lot longer I will post it back. When will you process the refund?

When I get the record back!

Sent 04 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Ok, I can't do anything until I go to the post office tomorrow. I'll let you know what I decided to do.

Brian I'm sorry if I seem a bit confused here but why don't you want it now?

There is no other way of getting it apart from on the 1967 original, unless you buy one of those crap £10 carvers.

This is off the masters and is perfect quality.

Sent 04 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I think it's a boot or whatever you want to call it. Also, I'm not thrilled about my question whether it's a vinyl or styrene pressing answered.

I will wait for another one to show up.

Is the one you sent me the same as the one you are selling here?

I saw the question at about 11am this morning on ebay - I replied to it straight away that it was vinyl- what more did you want?

Selling here, you mean soul source?

Yes that was the original listing, but after 2 days I put everything on ebay.

Sent 04 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

I did not see your reply as I turned my computer off soon after and went out.

Yes, I meant soul source.

Thanks for letting me know that it's a vinyl copy. I believe what the John Manship book says that this is not an original pressing, but a boot. That is why I want a refund.

I'm not arguing about a refund but it's not an original pressing Brian, I never once said it was, it's a second issue, a reissue, a pressing, a repro, a re release, whatever you want to call it - I've never said it was an original. Where did I say it was an original? The original doesn't have the Mercury logo on the label for a start. My ebay ad says:

KELLY GARRETT — LOVE’S THE ONLY ANSWER / KNOWING WHEN TO LEAVE — SMASH. 2ND ISSUE. MINT

Sent 04 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Your ad is very short and you stated it's a second pressing which I believe there never was an official second pressing/issue by Smash. A boot is the same as what you call a second issue.

Are you disagreeing with the John Manship book?

A boot is not the same as a second issue. I just sold a Shane Martin second issue. I described it as a second issue. It was licensed from Columbia Special Products, using the original masters. It's not a boot.

Anyway this is going nowhere, when I get the record back I'll refund the money.

Sent 04 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Ok, I still believe this is a reproduction and not an official re release by Smash/Mercury.

You still did not answer the question about the position with the John Manship book about the vinyl pressing.

I'll let you know the outcome tomorrow when I talk to the people at the post office about the time frame of it's return to you.

But whats Manship got to do with anything, he didn't know Edward Hamilton had been bootlegged until I showed him one, his book says 'vinyl repro', which it is.

Sent 04 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Ok, I do not care what else he does not know only what is true now.

Nobody knows everything.

If you told me this when I asked you before it was sent I would have asked you to cancel the transaction immediately and avoiding all of this.

Brian again, immediately after the above

This record was released late 1968 not 1967.

Brian again, immediately after the above

I disagree with you saying that originals do not have the Mercury logo on them. They do! The stock and the demo copies have it. What are you talking about?

Me, Sent 04 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Will you give it a rest, the conversation is over, I agreed to give you a refund even though it's not my mistake, it's yours, so don't send me another message or I'll report you.

So that’s the entire conversation over Ebay and Soul Source messages. Enthralling eh?

Social source share

Wtf mate, I had a similar problem (someone left a neutral after I refunded him) and I was already pissed off for a day or three so I can only imagine how you feel about this. He should've been glad that you described it as a 2nd issue, because a lot of guys on eBay seem to 'forget' this.

Don't know if there's gonna be any soul source awards this year but I know who I'm voting for in the 'Plonker of the year' category

• Helpful 1
Social source share

And here's what I suspected all along from someone who would know

Reply-To: NEIL RUSHTON <neilrushton2@btinternet.com>

Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 11:02:42 +0000 (GMT)

To: "raresoul-owner@yahoogroups.com" <raresoul-owner@yahoogroups.com>

Subject: Re: [raresoul] Update...

By the way Kelly Garett re-issue is legit.

Social source share

I just want to cover all bases here, so here is all correspondence between the two of us.

i dont follow this guys logic at all.

Why didnt he start asking questions before the auction ended, or at least

before he paid for it and it was shipped ?.

Did he bid more for it than the original set sale price on Soul Source ?.

Maybe he found a cheaper copy somewhere else.

Kegsy

Social source share

i dont follow this guys logic at all.

Why didnt he start asking questions before the auction ended, or at least

before he paid for it and it was shipped ?.

Did he bid more for it than the original set sale price on Soul Source ?.

Maybe he found a cheaper copy somewhere else.

Kegsy

I'm sure he'll tell us later.

It was start price £25 buy it now £50.

But I said he could have a refund.

You've all seen every bit of correspondence between us, and the only question really is, how did I keep my temper!

And all this while we were awaiting Dee's test results, yes what a smashing week I had.

Social source share

He obviously doesn't know what second pressing means and thought he had got s bargain.Jesus....if you are going to get into paying large amounts of money out for records...do your homework....its even worse...he is on here and could have used the search facility..you put 2 nd Press for Petes sake!!

Social source share

Thanks Paul, already rang them, they say they can't remove the negative but might be able to remove the comment if it's defamatory - the comment said I sold a reissue as an original, which I plainly did not and only the person who left it can do anything about it.

Pete

Tell Ebay his comments are defamatory as he is accusing you of what amounts to

fraud.

Kegsy

Social source share

Nasty business when they got you by the Ebay knackers ay Pete?!

I sent a mint (£26) album to New Zealand only to have the guy come back and say it was trashed to the point it wouldn't play and he'd thrown it in the bin - asked him to return it and was told it would cost £14 to do so at which point he said he would leave me neg feedback for reviewing the condition so incorrectly, so had to refund him the £26.

He got the album and his cash back - some dodgy, dodgy agenda-ridden basket cases out there.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Nasty business when they got you by the Ebay knackers ay Pete?!

I sent a mint (£26) album to New Zealand only to have the guy come back and say it was trashed to the point it wouldn't play and he'd thrown it in the bin - asked him to return it and was told it would cost £14 to do so at which point he said he would leave me neg feedback for reviewing the condition so incorrectly, so had to refund him the £26.

He got the album and his cash back - some dodgy, dodgy agenda-ridden basket cases out there.

It does make you want to stop selling on there doesn't it.

Thing is, he could have bought it off me on soul source for £30 - it was listed on here and still is.

So everyones seen the correspondence, Neil R says it's a legit reissue, so basically I've been accused of fraud and everyone can see that because of the ebay feedback comment, which can only be removed by the buyer and not ebay!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Some one had a Yvonne baker you didn't say a word on e bay as a second issue and that was a boot why not just say a boot as copy can also be misleading depending on wich way you read it think people need to be very clear on what thay are selling

Second Issue, Boot, repro whatever, the fact remains that its NOT an original.

The buyer seems to be suggesting Pete was trying deceive, especially with

he vinyl/styrene comments.

In the real world its always "buyer beware".

Kegsy

Edited by Kegsy
Social source share

Write to eBay giving them notification that if they don't remove the negative that you will take out an injunction for them to do so, which you can do at the local courts.

State in your letter that to get the injunction you need to show that someone is doing something that will affect your business, which is easy in this case as eBay place weight on their own scoring system (which ultimately affects your selling fees, and therefore your profits.)

Send it recorded delivery, and give them 28 days to respond.

I reckon they will cave at that point.

Social source share

Some one had a Yvonne baker you didn't say a word on e bay as a second issue and that was a boot why not just say a boot as copy can also be misleading depending on wich way you read it think people need to be very clear on what thay are selling

But how could someone mistake the words 2nd pressing for "original" and pay loads of money for it?

Also, who decides whether something is a boot or an official reissue.

THese records came out 30 years ago.

Say something like, er, Paula Durante - You're Not My Kind.

Pressed in 1975. Has stamped matrix.

Is it a legit rerelease or is it a bootleg?

I don't know - but I'd describe it as a 2nd issue or a reissue so that people didn't think it was an original.

The people being sly are the ones who don't put anything about it being not the original and leave you to do the detective work.

Social source share

Write to eBay giving them notification that if they don't remove the negative that you will take out an injunction for them to do so, which you can do at the local courts.

State in your letter that to get the injunction you need to show that someone is doing something that will affect your business, which is easy in this case as eBay place weight on their own scoring system (which ultimately affects your selling fees, and therefore your profits.)

Send it recorded delivery, and give them 28 days to respond.

I reckon they will cave at that point.

Sounds a bit too complicated for my rather confused brain to get around Joe, too legal for me I think, I wouldn't know where to start - or where to send it!

But thanks for your help.

Social source share

My 2 cents. "Second Pressing" or worse "Pressing" is an accepted standard euphemism here for a bootleg or legitimate reissue. American buyers are not used to those terms as we in general don't have to deal with buying bootlegs. I got burned a bunch of times when I first started buying from overseas sellers. People here take it for granted that buyers know this terminology and by saying "do your homework" -- what was he supposed to do? Also, nobody is used to paying more than $10-$15 for a reissue, a $50 price tag makes it look like it's being represented as an original. I AM NOT SAYING PETE MISREPRESENTED THE ITEM IN ANY WAY, I am saying how an American who is not used to buying 45s from overseas might read it.

That said, Pete did provide good customer service, and the buyer had the manship guide so he could have confirmed everything himself. I'm guessing one of two things happened -- a) the buyer felt that Pete was intentionally misrepresenting the item with the standard euphemism "2nd pressing" that he didn't understand was a UK seller standard (and then he got mad) or b) the buyer was just a dick and wouldn't admit he was wrong and just send it back normally.

Either way, the worst ebayers in the world are the ones who commit chargeback fraud, keep the record and the money, and leave you intentionally slanderous negatives. I don't think that's what happened here, there clearly was buyer misunderstanding at some level, even if he was in the wrong by the end.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

My 2 cents. "Second Pressing" or worse "Pressing" is an accepted standard euphemism here for a bootleg or legitimate reissue. American buyers are not used to those terms as we in general don't have to deal with buying bootlegs. I got burned a bunch of times when I first started buying from overseas sellers. People here take it for granted that buyers know this terminology and by saying "do your homework" -- what was he supposed to do? Also, nobody is used to paying more than $10-$15 for a reissue, a $50 price tag makes it look like it's being represented as an original. I AM NOT SAYING PETE MISREPRESENTED THE ITEM IN ANY WAY, I am saying how an American who is not used to buying 45s from overseas might read it.

That said, Pete did provide good customer service, and the buyer had the manship guide so he could have confirmed everything himself. I'm guessing one of two things happened -- a) the buyer felt that Pete was intentionally misrepresenting the item with the standard euphemism "2nd pressing" that he didn't understand was a UK seller standard (and then he got mad) or b) the buyer was just a dick and wouldn't admit he was wrong and just send it back normally.

Either way, the worst ebayers in the world are the ones who commit chargeback fraud, keep the record and the money, and leave you intentionally slanderous negatives. I don't think that's what happened here, there clearly was buyer misunderstanding at some level, even if he was in the wrong by the end.

I did say 2nd issue not 2nd pressing if that makes any difference.

How many times did I have to tell him it was NOT AN ORIGINAL?

Social source share

Chalky you're so predictable, the first post even slightly disagreeing with me and you're the first to like it. :lol:

Social source share

Chalky you're so predictable, the first post even slightly disagreeing with me and you're the first to like it. :lol:

I'd already written that many don't understand second issue/reissue, especially non UK collectors not well versed in the northern soul collecting malarky. Reissue and 2nd issue is technically legitimate and so many can assume that when a disc is described as 2nd issue or as a reissue it is legit.

So its Nothing to do with disagreeing with you, I simply saw what Bob had written while I was writing a reply so I simply liked what he wrote rather than bother to reply so stop being so paranoid. I do understand your frustration and I'm not defending the guy, he's behaved like a dick and can't understand why he didn't ask the questions before he bought it, but maybe he should be allowed to explain himself before the vultures start to pile in and crucify him? If he still acts like a dick then he deserves what he gets.....or is it too late and they smell blood and sense a kill.

Social source share

I did say 2nd issue not 2nd pressing if that makes any difference.

How many times did I have to tell him it was NOT AN ORIGINAL?

"2nd issue" is even more confusing, it doesn't have an inherent meaning to an American. Either way, I said you weren't misrepresenting the items.

You might have avoided the negative by avoiding the "don't email me again or I'll report you" message. Not saying you were in the wrong or didn't provide good customer service but as a seller you have to deal with all sorts of crazy people and having infinite patience helps.

Either way, negatives don't mean that much on ebay, the DSRs make all the difference now. Did he hit you with bad DSRs also? Probably did.

Social source share

I'd already written that many don't understand second issue/reissue, especially non UK collectors not well versed in the northern soul collecting malarky. Reissue and 2nd issue is technically legitimate and so many can assume that when a disc is described as 2nd issue or as a reissue it is legit.

So its Nothing to do with disagreeing with you, I simply saw what Bob had written while I was writing a reply so I simply liked what he wrote rather than bother to reply so stop being so paranoid. I do understand your frustration and I'm not defending the guy, he's behaved like a dick and can't understand why he didn't ask the questions before he bought it, but maybe he should be allowed to explain himself before the vultures start to pile in and crucify him? If he still acts like a dick then he deserves what he gets.....or is it too late and they smell blood and sense a kill.

Sorry Chalky, I apologise.

But you can see that throughout those conversations I have constantly been 100% truthful, I answered every question about it, I also explained that an original would cost £200.

he got his money back, I was polite throughout, why leave the neg?

I mean the final indignity was that I had to pay customs charges on the bloody thing.

Social source share

"2nd issue" is even more confusing, it doesn't have an inherent meaning to an American. Either way, I said you weren't misrepresenting the items.

You might have avoided the negative by avoiding the "don't email me again or I'll report you" message. Not saying you were in the wrong or didn't provide good customer service but as a seller you have to deal with all sorts of crazy people and having infinite patience helps.

Either way, negatives don't mean that much on ebay, the DSRs make all the difference now. Did he hit you with bad DSRs also? Probably did.

Bob, if you read that back, that was nothing to do with Ebay, that was him keep sending me PM's on soul source and I'd had enough of them, I was saying I'd report him to soul source moderators for harrassing me, not Ebay, in the end I just blocked him.

DSR - yes, the item as described category has been hit.

Social source share

But you can see that throughout those conversations I have constantly been 100% truthful, I answered every question about it, I also explained that an original would cost £200.

I think you are in the right, I was just trying to explain his possible perspective. If he felt that you were intentionally misrepresenting the item (even though you weren't), saying something like "an original would cost 200 pounds" doesn't help. Also, saying "don't email me again or I'll report you" would piss him off more if he thinks you ripped him off.

I bought a bootleg that a label owner misrepresented as an original from him. His response to me was "an original would have cost you $150 so it obviously wasn't an original". That pissed me off.

Social source share

Bob, if you read that back, that was nothing to do with Ebay, that was him keep sending me PM's on soul source and I'd had enough of them, I was saying I'd report him to soul source moderators for harrassing me, not Ebay, in the end I just blocked him.

DSR - yes, the item as described category has been hit.

I know it was on soul source. Either way, if it was before he negged you it would piss him off, I don't see why the venue of communication makes a difference.

Again, I don't think you did anything wrong. I'm surprised you don't have to deal with crazier people though.

Social source share

I know it was on soul source. Either way, if it was before he negged you it would piss him off, I don't see why the venue of communication makes a difference.

Again, I don't think you did anything wrong. I'm surprised you don't have to deal with crazier people though.

I try and do as little selling on ebay as possible to be honest, I prefer to buy my reggae on there but sell records privately. And things like this, and a couple of incidents last week, convince me I'm right.

Social source share

I try and do as little selling on ebay as possible to be honest, I prefer to buy my reggae on there but sell records privately. And things like this, and a couple of incidents last week, convince me I'm right.

I agree, lots of unreasonable buyers on ebay.

Social source share

Sorry Chalky, I apologise.

I mean the final indignity was that I had to pay customs charges on the bloody thing.

No worries pete and no need to apologise. I agree you have been nothing but truthful and acted correctly throughout.

Social source share

I'm assuming you hav'nt left feedback for him yet Pete.

The reason is I've noticed recently there is now an option to "Report this buyer option" in the leave feedback page.

I have no idea what this is as I have had no need to use it but it may well be worth having a look at it and see what happens.

I would.

Social source share

I'm assuming you hav'nt left feedback for him yet Pete.

The reason is I've noticed recently there is now an option to "Report this buyer option" in the leave feedback page.

I have no idea what this is as I have had no need to use it but it may well be worth having a look at it and see what happens.

I would.

Knowing ebay, it'lll just be a link to a load of dead ends, should have seen how long it took me to get a phone number this morning.

I'm also trying to report a bloke who is pulling a postage scam (actual cost under £2, he's asking £5) but there is nowhere to report this as it's not against the rules apparently

Social source share

Knowing ebay, it'lll just be a link to a load of dead ends, should have seen how long it took me to get a phone number this morning.

I'm also trying to report a bloke who is pulling a postage scam (actual cost under £2, he's asking £5) but there is nowhere to report this as it's not against the rules apparently

Worth a try Pete wont cost anything..

Go on and let me know what it leads to or if its just a waste of time.

Social source share

I'm also trying to report a bloke who is pulling a postage scam (actual cost under £2, he's asking £5) but there is nowhere

to report this as it's not against the rules apparently

I had a big problem with a person who charged me $30 shipping when it cost $5. I was pissed, and called ebay, and they also told me it was not against the rules. That's not true though, you can report an auction for excessive shipping, it's one of the options when reporting. The guy on the phone at ebay was not helpful.

The seller acted like a total ass the whole time, lying, trying to bully me via ebay messages, etc. It was pretty funny because he didn't know how ebay worked very well (I told him this wouldn't help him in the long run). I filed a paypal claim saying that I didn't get what I paid for which is true -- I paid for $30 shipping and got a poorly packed $5 shipping option. I told him I agreed to $30 shipping, because I agreed to pay for a $30 shipping service which he didn't use, and that was what I didn't get. Anyways, it ended with him refunding the difference, me closing the paypal claim, etc.

Social source share

I had a big problem with a person who charged me $30 shipping when it cost $5. I was pissed, and called ebay, and they also told me it was not against the rules. That's not true though, you can report an auction for excessive shipping, it's one of the options when reporting. The guy on the phone at ebay was not helpful.

The seller acted like a total ass the whole time, lying, trying to bully me via ebay messages, etc. It was pretty funny because he didn't know how ebay worked very well (I told him this wouldn't help him in the long run). I filed a paypal claim saying that I didn't get what I paid for which is true -- I paid for $30 shipping and got a poorly packed $5 shipping option. I told him I agreed to $30 shipping, because I agreed to pay for a $30 shipping service which he didn't use, and that was what I didn't get. Anyways, it ended with him refunding the difference, me closing the paypal claim, etc.

Good for you, with this one, it's 4 records off the same guy, I decided to bite the bullet and pay for them and then give him a one star rating on postage charges, except he's blocked me from paying or contacting him - and issued 4 non payer strikes against me :lol:

Social source share