Queens Hall Bradford

Ste S

Don't know if this will work as I'm using an iPad. TP doing his thing ( not the boot mix) but proper turntable capers here.

right if you've started collecting 6ts northern again after getting into the house thang in the 9ts dont watch this or you'll be right back in Da house, LOL. seriously though, thats proper djing, rather than a record collector playing recods.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

right if you've started collecting 6ts northern again after getting into the house thang in the 9ts dont watch this or you'll be right back in Da house, LOL. seriously though, thats proper djing, rather than a record collector playing recods.

That's pretty skilfull but hardly danceable. Tin hat on.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

T.P did play a couple of tunes we did way back along with Tony Humphries !!...TOP DETROIT DJ..T.P. that is...T.H. being New Jersey..

Thanks very much for posting...

DOUBLE DECKING !!!! thats skill...!

I WOULD BE GOING CRAZY TOO.....

Edited by souljazera
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Whilst scanning some 100 Club adverts from echoes the other day I forgot to put this page away, one of the first Bradford niter's of 1989.

post-225-0-51487400-1359810717_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Those who were there know that Dave & Barry came as a package, dastardly duo, double trouble, hinge & bracket :lol: . I guess Dave doesn't get mentioned as much due to him not being on this site, but just because he's out of sight, people don't, and won't forget his massive contribution to downstairs. :thumbsup:

I know what yiou're sayin Allison, and they would have done back then. But on here, Barry hadn't mentioned him until I did. History needs to be recorded correctly. That's all.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest micky p

QUEENS HALL EH ? LOVED EVERY NIGHTER I WENT TO ! THE PUNTERS TALKED UTTER SHITE ! A MAGICAL NIGHT !!! LOL A BETTER CLASS OF VERBALS ! THE BIG ROOMS DANCE FLOOR WAS GREAT ! AND NOT TO MUCH LIGHT WHICH WAS EVEN BETTER AS IT USED TO REFLECT OFF MY EYES AND BLIND THE SOULIES LOL. SORRY IF I UPSETT PEOPLE BUT, THE LAD WHO SAID HE WAS IN THE BOG WHEN SOMEONE PULLED OUT A SERYNGE AND STUCK IT IN HIS NECK IS TALKIN UTTER SHITE ! IT WAS ALWAYS A BEHIND THE BOG DOOR JOB ! AND A DIRTY LOW DOWN SMACK RAT MIGHT WELL DO THAT BUT NOT WHERE U SAID ! SORRY BUT YOU DONT PAINT A VERY ROSEY PICTURE FOR THE NORTHERN SOUL SCENE. I WAS ONE OF THOSE BEHIND THE DOOR BLOKES, BUT IF I SEEN THAT, I WOULD STICK IT IN HIS EYE ! THE PURE LOVE OF THE PLACE,PEOPLE AND THE MUSIC MEANT PEOPLE TRYED TO KEEP IT FROM OTHERS ABOUT PINS AND PHETT ! FOR FEAR OF BEING THROWN OUTSIDE IN THE FREEZING COLD IN THE CAR PARK UNTIL UR PALS COME OUT AT 8 OR 9 AM DRAGGING THERE BAGS BEHIND THEM ! CALL ME BLIND BUT IN OVER 35 YEARS ON THE SCENE ME NOR MY PALS SEEN OR HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THAT SO PLEASE START YOUR MEDICATION AGAIN ! ITS NOT BIG NOR CLEVER ! TRY NOT TOO BE TOO HARD ON ME IM OLD AND FREIL AND ALL MY MATES ARE ALL DEAD ! LOL COME ON U LOT STICK UP FOR ME PLEASE !!!! MICKY P IN THE TOON

Social source share

• 1 month later...

QUEENS HALL EH ? LOVED EVERY NIGHTER I WENT TO ! THE PUNTERS TALKED UTTER SHITE ! A MAGICAL NIGHT !!! LOL A BETTER CLASS OF VERBALS ! THE BIG ROOMS DANCE FLOOR WAS GREAT ! AND NOT TO MUCH LIGHT WHICH WAS EVEN BETTER AS IT USED TO REFLECT OFF MY EYES AND BLIND THE SOULIES LOL. SORRY IF I UPSETT PEOPLE BUT, THE LAD WHO SAID HE WAS IN THE BOG WHEN SOMEONE PULLED OUT A SERYNGE AND STUCK IT IN HIS NECK IS TALKIN UTTER SHITE ! IT WAS ALWAYS A BEHIND THE BOG DOOR JOB ! AND A DIRTY LOW DOWN SMACK RAT MIGHT WELL DO THAT BUT NOT WHERE U SAID ! SORRY BUT YOU DONT PAINT A VERY ROSEY PICTURE FOR THE NORTHERN SOUL SCENE. I WAS ONE OF THOSE BEHIND THE DOOR BLOKES, BUT IF I SEEN THAT, I WOULD STICK IT IN HIS EYE ! THE PURE LOVE OF THE PLACE,PEOPLE AND THE MUSIC MEANT PEOPLE TRYED TO KEEP IT FROM OTHERS ABOUT PINS AND PHETT ! FOR FEAR OF BEING THROWN OUTSIDE IN THE FREEZING COLD IN THE CAR PARK UNTIL UR PALS COME OUT AT 8 OR 9 AM DRAGGING THERE BAGS BEHIND THEM ! CALL ME BLIND BUT IN OVER 35 YEARS ON THE SCENE ME NOR MY PALS SEEN OR HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THAT SO PLEASE START YOUR MEDICATION AGAIN ! ITS NOT BIG NOR CLEVER ! TRY NOT TOO BE TOO HARD ON ME IM OLD AND FREIL AND ALL MY MATES ARE ALL DEAD ! LOL COME ON U LOT STICK UP FOR ME PLEASE !!!! MICKY P IN THE TOON

Social source share

Hi

Sorry about double quotes and no message.

I shouldn't bother but.....

I do not have the will, or the imagination to make up the horrific sight that I observed. Lets not forget the havoc that drug use  has caused in the scene, we have all lost friends who never made it.

Lets just be thankful that we are still here.

Edited by nickp
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

works for me barry, but I better get myself a proper white then now.

works for me barry, but I better get myself a proper white then now.

My homework is to try and find my copy, not seen it in years...but, a man on a mission, I see a digging session ahead.

What else will be discovered ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Don't know if you'll remember the business cards Kerso did Jim? Something like 'If you like upstairs and downstairs at Bradford contact The Outcasts'

was reading thru, went to Bradford twice on my tod,nvr realised it had two rooms, first time down asked directions when got off train, little sods put me to the big eff off building opp station, got on wrong train back to adeen, had to start at Bradford. What a fucking day that was.

Edited by tenuate
emicon came out wrong
Social source share

BRADFORD QUEENS HALL was great ALLNITER and STEVE CROFT had a great vision at the time and set his stall out accordingly with his choice of top DJ ,s upstairs and downstairs the music was always very good it's ashame that you only remember how good things were there when it was gone

God Bless ML

Social source share

Always had great nights at bradford we all used to meet up at hartshead moor services before and after. musically it was spot on few times spent sat up on the balcony absolutely hammered oh happy days. shame it finished think its a fun pud for students called flares last time i heard  

Social source share

My minds a bit fuzzy nowadays, but 3 things stick in my mind about the queens hall niters,firstly superb venue with great sounds played, secondly i bought a john bowie for a tenner in the queue outside, and thirdly that cute bedroom table lamp the dj,s used up on the balcony :D

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!