Pic And Bill

Mal C

No F****** Joke!!

Never heard this version b4, Pic and bill did 'I Love you baby' as covered by the Moovers.... is there no end to their brilliance??

and I'll finish that with Jimmy Connor - The Reality of Life..

Mal.C :wink: loud and Proud!!!!!!!

Edited by Mal.C.
best if use a releavant title
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

And on a more uptempo beat ...

Baby Come Back (LP only) .... what a f'kin stormer

Sad World Without You (Smash)

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

I love their stuff Malc , I remember Nick Brown (Driv) playing their stuff (talk about love ) at that do he ran near Euston can't remember the name of it , picked up the French picture sleeve 45 which then encourage me to buy the LP , I then heard You Walks so fine , which is just fantastic , not a clip on u-tube ?

Just got 'talk about love' on a us orig which kinda prompted the post, just think they are very special, I don't know of any duo or group that sound as rich as they do,in the way they do....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

An inspired thread!. Thanks for starting it. All of your selections show great taste.

Is there any chance of Ace/Kent doing a compilation?. In the meantime does anyone have the Belter LP for sale?.

Phil

Phil, Baby Come Back is also on Thirty Minutes of Soul (but not on the US Le Cam or Japanese P-Vine releases)

Joker 3002 (Italy)

Vibraton 4009 (Germany)

Seems to be just French, Italian & German only unless any other countries put it out with that track on.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Phil, Baby Come Back is also on Thirty Minutes of Soul (but not on the US Charay release)

Hi Dave, according to this link the track is not on this LP : https://www.popsike.c...0653895850.html

Artist: Pic & Bill Title: "Thirty Minutes Of Soul" Label: Le Cam Record #: LC-303 Published year/country: U.S. Track(s): "Just A Tear" "How Many Times" "You Walk So Fine" "Don't Leave Me" "Talk About Love" "Soul Of A Man" "Something's Wrong With My Baby" "It's Not You" "This Is My Story" "All I Want Is You" "Sad World Without You" "Gonna Give It To You"

I have it on their French LP "The Soul Of A Man" (same as Spanish Belter)

251046889828.jpg

Edited by Philippe
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Hi Dave, according to this link the track is not on this LP : https://www.popsike.c...0653895850.html

Artist: Pic & Bill Title: "Thirty Minutes Of Soul" Label: Le Cam Record #: LC-303 Published year/country: U.S. Track(s): "Just A Tear" "How Many Times" "You Walk So Fine" "Don't Leave Me" "Talk About Love" "Soul Of A Man" "Something's Wrong With My Baby" "It's Not You" "This Is My Story" "All I Want Is You" "Sad World Without You" "Gonna Give It To You"

I have it on their French LP "The Soul Of A Man" (same as Spanish Belter)

251046889828.jpg

Philippe, appologies mate. I meant to say Le Cam LP and not Charay ... have edited the post

I don't believe it's on the Japanese P-Vine either

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

I don't believe it's on the Japanese P-Vine either

You're right Dave. :thumbsup:

PIC AND BILL/SOUL OF A MAN[JAPAN VIVID]

SIDE A)JUST A TEAR/HOW MANY TIMES/YOU WALK SO FINE/DON'T LEAVE ME

TALK ABOUT LOVE/SOUL OF A MAN

SIDE B) SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH MY BABY/IT'S NOT YOU/THIS IS MY STORY/ALL I WANT IS YOU

/SAD WORLD WITHOUT YOU/GONNA GIVE IT TO YOU

350445196430.jpg

Edited by Philippe
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Is there any chance of Ace/Kent doing a compilation?. In the meantime does anyone have the Belter LP for sale?.

Phil

Actually this is a comp that's yelling out to be done. Sounds right up Ace/Kent's strasse although I don't know difficult this stuff may be to license. Has anyone licensed anything from the Major lately or ever?

Ian D :D

Social source share

One thing to note though: The Moovers was recorded before Pic & Bill. Aside from that you've got to enjoy this thread. Pic & Bill made some immense records, maybe even the best of the male vocal duo genre.

I was going to check that, just haven't got round to it.. Both immense recordings..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Indeed a great vocal duo. Come back baby lovely record. Tho I don't think it's danceable, too hectic IMO.

Apart from the 30 Mins of Soul album they had two 45s in Germany, one is Just a little tear on Metronome, the other one is this little beauty here that has eluded itself from me for quite some time:

post-1670-0-05852300-1360927572_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Indeed a great vocal duo. Come back baby lovely record. Tho I don't think it's danceable, too hectic IMO.

Apart from the 30 Mins of Soul album they had two 45s in Germany, one is Just a little tear on Metronome, the other one is this little beauty here that has eluded itself from me for quite some time:

post-1670-0-05852300-1360927572_thumb.jp

++

I think that's the coupling that got released here in the UK on Page one, cheap record to get, slightly rarer on Red issue than the demo...

Social source share

And still no one mentions their Soul of A Man track, their finest moment of many fine moments for me. Sometimes we overlook the obvious and this is obviously one of those records that deserve the accolade of Truly great. I love it. Think I put it on here before but can't do links at moment. C'mon someone slap it up and we can ponder greatness together for a short time.

Social source share

And still no one mentions their Soul of A Man track, their finest moment of many fine moments for me. Sometimes we overlook the obvious and this is obviously one of those records that deserve the accolade of Truly great. I love it. Think I put it on here before but can't do links at moment. C'mon someone slap it up and we can ponder greatness together for a short time.

You did Jocko...Here's the link to Refosoul from 2007 but apart from the MP3 sample at the bottom of that page it looks to be a criminal case of no one yet posting on You Tube!

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/more/soul-library/pic-and-bill-the-soul-of-a-man-blue-rock-7-r41212

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!