ROY HAMILTON Reach out for me RCA 45rpm RARE RARE RARE

Piloterec

On 17/11/2021 at 13:15, Dobber said:

I always find it amazing when quality songs only appear on 45 in dare i say obscure countrys! I mean WHY?  

I mentioned this subject to a mate at work , who is married to a Filipino lady ,and has visited many times and he reckons due to the US military presence lots of American influences , music being one of them , and also the music on the military bases etc .

• Up vote 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

I mentioned this subject to a mate at work , who is married to a Filipino lady ,and has visited many times and he reckons due to the US military presence lots of American influences , music being one of them , and also the music on the military bases etc .

That scenario was also true in Germany, where since WWII, the German cities, especially near US military bases, adopted American Soul music in their clubs, and that music was also spread heavily by the children of American (especilly Black American) servicemen, who married and had children with German women.  Naturally, young Germans, after that terrible war, blamed their parents' generation for "allowing" The Nazis to ruin their country, and its reputation throughout The World, and rejected their own past- and wanted to rebel against it-and follow a new and different path.  US culture, brought by The US servicemen, was very different.  And the Soul Music of The African-Americans was a lot more different from what they were used to, than US MOR Pop music.  Lots of them adopted Lily-White Rock and Roll.  But others, who wanted to rebel even more strongly against their Nazi parents' generation, could do so by adopting Black man's music, sort of spitting in Hitler's face (because he considered them inferior and subhuman.  I'm surprised there weren't also mass conversions to Judaism, and adopting of Yiddish Klezmer Music!  😁

Edited by Robbk
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 17/11/2021 at 13:09, Winsford Soul said:

It could have been the 70,s before it was released.  I remember a thread on here about it years ago so maybe some more details/ information in that thread 

So where there two Philippine releases - the 60’s one as per the above white promo and the orange 70’s one?

Social source share

On 19/11/2021 at 18:15, Happy Feet said:

Working in Delhi 1995....not a lot to do on a weekend, unless your a culture vulture, but some hotels put a band on most Saturday nights for the ex pats....and low and behold this Filipino band comes out singing "More today than yesterday".....I could have fell off the bar stool.

TSWONS...so to speak.

Ed

Social source share

On 17/11/2021 at 13:01, Dobber said:

But it looks 1970’s ?

This looks more 60’s

0F6BA9EC-712B-4BAB-84A8-345F6846C428.jpeg

What is the source of this one?  The type face for the cat number, title and artist is different to the rest of the layout, more glossy in colour too.

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

3 hours ago, Chalky said:

What is the source of this one?  The type face for the cat number, title and artist is different to the rest of the layout, more glossy in colour too.

that copy lay hidden as a buy now for a week on ebay before someone spied it and snaffled it cheap

Edited by Dave Pinch
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!