John Vincent Top 15 1983

Chalky

On 12/12/2021 at 20:02, Chalky said:

John Vincent ws recently the subject of conversation in one topic, Tommy Ridgely being the link.  Here is a Top 15 of John's from  24th September 1983.

196397253_10158540777989541_9071649361571730266_n.jpg

Who is Stella Dennison? A C/U?
Who was covered? I can't find anything off the top of my head! Thank you very much.

Social source share

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2021 at 22:45, Tony Turner said:

Did the Butch Baker inst. ever get played under another guise?

Turns out it was The Registers-Sweatin'. Also played at Stafford as Stanley Mitchell-Now You've Got Me Baby and later by Roger Banks as, I think, The Kinetics

Did we ever find out abut the Stella Dennison track? Also what were the E.Rodney Jones and the International GTOs?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tony Turner said:

Turns out it was The Registers-Sweatin'. Also played at Stafford as Stanley Mitchell-Now You've Got Me Baby and later by Roger Banks as, I think, The Kinetics

The Kinettes...............well, well.........everyday's a school day!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

23 hours ago, Tony Turner said:

Did we ever find out abut the Stella Dennison track? Also what were the E.Rodney Jones and the International GTOs?

International GTO's was Little Johnny Hamilton on Dore.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Tony Turner said:

I did wonder about that , but I thought that LJH was played earlier than that, late Wigan time I thought?

Was it definitely that?

Yes, the LJH was played in the 70s, so it can't be that.    Also the Walter and Sisters, Bobby James & Herb Johnson were already well known from the 70s.

• Up vote 2
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!