Hello from Peter of the 99

Peter99

Hi Peter,

I wondered where you went.

Must have been very difficult so respect for getting yourself to this point and also being brave enough to share what you have been through these last 18 months.

It is much more common than people realise, particularly in these times, a lot of people keep the early signs to themselves, although I do believe it is getting less and less a taboo subject.

If you are able, would you be able to say how your mental heath escalated to the point in which you described?

Anyway, as I said, respect for getting this far and best wishes going forward.

Steve

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Great to have you back on the forum Peter

It is great to read that you have come to terms with this and have had the courage to write about your experience on the forum which will go some way to raising awareness, and hopefully help someone else experiencing the same emotions.

There is help available out there, and anyone feeling this way should not feel embarrassed about contacting their GP or at the very least speaking to a friend, it is amazing what a difference it makes speaking to somebody.

All the best

Martyn 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 06/10/2022 at 19:54, Peter99 said:

Dear Soul Source Friends

It's Peter - the 99. 

Just wanting to say hello, and to hope everyone is well and managing. 

I've been poorly, I'm still in recovery and being treated for a severe mental illness. I'm just putting it out there - take care of yourselves, mental illness is still very stigmatised, but it is real, and it is devastating. I've lost my job because I was too ill to work. I'm fortunate - the suicide rate in the UK is high. Its the biggest killer of men under the age of 24 - I think that's right. 

It could happen to you, or a relative or a friend. Please all try and keep in touch, look out for the signs of depression or anxiety in yourselves and others. Please try and find some help as soon as you can - it's really hard, took me 18 months. I lived in total isolation for a year, I didn't speak - I was, and I still am sometimes , totally dysfunctional. It impacted my brother and my friends.

So, there you go. I don't know if this is ok Mike? Just wanting to raise awareness and to not be afraid to say I'm poorly. I'm not looking for anything other than to send a message.

Thanks my soul brothers and sisters.

Peter - of the 99

Ey up Peter, thanks for reaching out. my wife works in Mental Health, you've always had loads of friends on here, you're not, and never will be alone my man, please keep talking, it took real bollocks to do what you did and tell your situation, if you ever need to talk, PM me, and we'll talk some shit together 😆 keep contributing on here aswell, you used to be prolific, and it was all great contribution, I, personally had a lot of communication with you, obviously, I wasn't the only one, we've missed you bro, welcome back 

Kev 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Thanks Everyone

I didn't expect so many nice comments - I feel buoyed by your kindness. I'm going to be working on my recovery, but will be lurking. A little bit of Soul Source to help the medicine go down. 😊

Hey Mike, did the original Peter ever log back on? I think I have been Peter99 for nearly ten years now! 🤨

Peter

🤗

Hi Peter, yep the original Peter account is still active, so ya still stuck with Peter99 😉👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 5 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!