Glady Knight ,,,Too late

Patto

2 hours ago, Tobytyke said:

Not on any of the 4 box sets I'm afraid.

Thanks for that shame they missed it out its one of the best dancers

2 hours ago, Tobytyke said:

Not on any of the 4 box sets I'm afraid.

Thanks for that shame its one of the best dancers

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Ted Massey said:

There's a fairly good recording on one of the white label 7's that were done in the late 80's think there were 6 of them i've got them somewhere

Cheers Ted but if they are boots then thats it..Was hoping it had a legit box set release

2 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

sold that LP just last week as it happens

Thanks Dave not bothered about the boots was hoping it was issued in one of box sets legit

Social source share

17 hours ago, Patto said:

Cheers Ted but if they are boots then thats it..Was hoping it had a legit box set release

Thanks Dave not bothered about the boots was hoping it was issued in one of box sets legit

Yes they are boots i can't even find the things now, Too late needs putting out if there's another box set.  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 14/11/2022 at 01:24, The Yank said:

If you have to have it on vinyl there is this unofficial release from the early 80's - 

HMV1.jpg

23 hours ago, Chalky said:

ten years later, early 90s

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Got my copy like almost everybody else in the early 90s. It came in white cardboard sleeve and with the photocopied track listing done by Rob's brother Chris as shown in the pic.

Discogs lists another issue/press whatever with a proper colour printed sleeve and inlay. Has anyone seen that before?

The Hitsville Masters - Volume 1 (1982, Vinyl) - Discogs

Discogs lists both presses as from 1982. The white card board press is definitely early 90s. Maybe the other one is infact from 1982?

Edited by Benji
Social source share

Mine looks a tad different. Was the scan above a slip sleeve that came with it?

I do remember there being a 7 inch of Marvin Gaye -Lonely lover, which had 'Advance Promo Copy' or 'Advance Release' something like that written across it. 

Masters.jpg

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

31 minutes ago, Benji said:

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Got my copy like almost everybody else in the early 90s. It came in white cardboard sleeve and with the photocopied track listing done by Rob's brother Chris as shown in the pic.

Discogs lists another issue/press whatever with a proper colour printed sleeve and inlay. Has anyone seen that before?

The Hitsville Masters - Volume 1 (1982, Vinyl) - Discogs

Discogs lists both presses as from 1982. The white card board press is definitely early 90s. Maybe the other one is infact from 1982?

The printed sleeve if memory serves was done a few years later, 50 copies I think.  They were both from the 90s, discogs again has it wrong.  They had only just been discovered in 1982.  The only released track, Eddie Holland, is on there because it was a big record for Rob at the time.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!