Del - Larks help needed please

Soul16
Go to solution Solved by Godzilla,

I recently sold my Del-Larks pressing on ebay that I bought via Mick Flello in the 1970's.

The buyer has suggested that it is in fact a 2004 pressing - it most definitely isn't - and wants a full or partial refund (see his ebay message and photos of my record attached)

I would appreciate it if one or two of you knowledgeable guys could respond to this post so that I can assure this buyer that his 45 is indeed from the 1970's!

Thank you,

Andrew

Screenshot_20221117_144912_eBay.jpg

20221108_180436.jpg

20221108_180418.jpg

Social source share

Interesting, mine is 100% 70's too...

I've owned it since I was 15/16 years old - I'm now 59...

Maybe it's a rare boot! I'll let the thread carry on for a while and see where we end up. I'm more than happy to get it back and refund the buyer if that's how it works out. 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soul16 said:

I recently sold my Del-Larks pressing on ebay that I bought via Mick Flello in the 1970's.

The buyer has suggested that it is in fact a 2004 pressing - it most definitely isn't - and wants a full or partial refund (see his ebay message and photos of my record attached)

I would appreciate it if one or two of you knowledgeable guys could respond to this post so that I can assure this buyer that his 45 is indeed from the 1970's!

Thank you,

Andrew

20221108_180436.jpg

We sold those blue/white boots in our shop in the 70s. Didn’t see the plain blue till a bit later. 

Edited by Godzilla
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Ian Parker said:

i had the exact same , in the late 70's .     the buyer is trying to pull a fast one !  

if you refund,  there may be a  big chance you aint getting the record back 

It has crossed my mind, but I have no choice but to take what he says at face value. I don’t think that I have to refund before I receive the record back in any case. I could always opt to go and collect it instead.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Ian Parker said:

i had the exact same , in the late 70's .     the buyer is trying to pull a fast one !  

I would never refund until I got the record back. That is the usual procedure in record buying and selling surely?

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Solidsoul said:

I would never refund until I got the record back. That is the usual procedure in record buying and selling surely?

Yes, that is a selectable option. However, I may be better off arranging to go and collect it in person - I wouldn’t want it getting lost... that would be exceptionally bad luck.

Social source share

12 hours ago, Ian Parker said:

You only refund when you pay for him to send it tracked postage to you.You then pay refund on return.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

19 hours ago, Soul16 said:

Thank you,

Andrew

Screenshot_20221117_144912_eBay.jpg

20221108_180436.jpg

20221108_180418.jpg

I had one of them in the early 80,s (def the same label) bought from a record fair in West Bromwich sold when i got a real un 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Surely the buyer should have done his / hers homework , 

A record that has been booted at least 3 times and visually on eBay can be seen and questions asked prior to purchase , the buyer is to blame .

Good luck Soul16 , hope it goes the right way .

Edited by Happy Feet
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Buyer also sent me this image as evidence that I lied about my record being from the 1970’s, but 2004 instead. As mentioned earlier, the more modern boot is missing the hyphen between Del and Larks. 2004 is the catalogue number printed on the label

6221028B-923E-43E4-9B80-9868F93C781B.png

Edited by Soul16
Wording
Social source share

Well, after pointing my buyer in the direction of this thread, he remains unconvinced and it seems the record is being returned on the basis of a single misconstrued Discogs image.

Thanks to all of you for the information and confirmation that you’ve provided - it all adds to the goldmine of knowledge that is Soul Source. 👍

Andrew 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

26 minutes ago, Soul16 said:

Well, after pointing my buyer in the direction of this thread, he remains unconvinced and it seems the record is being returned on the basis of a single misconstrued Discogs image.

Thanks to all of you for the information and confirmation that you’ve provided - it all adds to the goldmine of knowledge that is Soul Source. 👍

Andrew 

Upload your image

Social source share

Further bit of info:

The recent boots have the blue area all in a solid patch of colour, whereas on the 70s boot the blue looks kind of washy, scratchy or patchy (chose your own adjective). You can see a bit in pics and scans, but when it's in your hand it's really evident. I think some even have a little smudge of blue in the white. All of the ones we got at the time were like this.

Looks like your guy has some duff info and is going to be inflexible though - and you'd lose a paypal claim, as they're weighted towards the buyer and if he says not as described that's it. You'll probably just have to refund, accept the slight loss and move on. I'd do a brief post on Vinyl Vigilante too, so that anyone who wants to block him can. Very happy for the buyer to read this of course, as he's just plain wrong.

Good luck mate

Paul (Godz)

Edited by Godzilla
typo
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

On 19/11/2022 at 22:32, Soul16 said:

Good idea, might just do that.

Don't replace the newer one, just add your version as a unique release. If you upload to the 2000s release it will just be disabled.

On 17/11/2022 at 17:03, Steviehay said:

70s pressing as far as I know was this one MS0zNDEyLmpwZWc.jpeg.dab9e65c3bf5db087f11d030add1f118.jpeg

I'd like to know the runouts for this version. It looks like it was pressed by Oneida who did a lot of custom pressing jobs (and a few bootlegs).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!