Tv - Must Watch Shows

Mike

4 minutes ago, Geeselad said:

If you've not seen toast of London, first thing that's made me laugh on TV for a long time. 

Just fantastic, I came late to Toast and it's sometimes too surreal for me but the best bits are some of the funniest TV I've seen for ages

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Geeselad said:

If you've not seen toast of London, first thing that's made me laugh on TV for a long time. 

I often wonder a half hour episode of stuff like this takes to record, there must be constant 'corpsing' by the cast, maybe they do their bits in isolation?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Simon T said:

I often wonder a half hour episode of stuff like this takes to record, there must be constant 'corpsing' by the cast, maybe they do their bits in isolation?

Not really thought about it but that is interesting. 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2024 at 19:49, Peter99 said:

I didn't bother watching this for a bit, I thought it would be a bit tongue in cheek; however, having just finished watching the series, I can highly recommend checking it out. 

Blue Lights is a television drama series, set in Belfast, Northern Ireland, following three probationary police officers of the Police Service of Northern Ireland. The series was broadcast on BBC One and BBC iPlayer, premiering on 27 March 2023; it has been re-commissioned for a second series, which began filming in 2023. 

Peter

what did you think of series 2?

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Prime TV: Escape at Dannemora.  Based on a true story, it's a slow-burner but excellent and worth a watch, another great cast and top performances from the three main character's.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Simon T said:

what did you think of series 2?

Just about finished 2. Nowhere near as good as 1, but ok. It feels a bit like Casualty in some bits. 

I'm looking for top Prime tips - I've just managed to get it working.

🙂

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Just about finished 2. Nowhere near as good as 1, but ok. It feels a bit like Casualty in some bits. 

I'm looking for top Prime tips - I've just managed to get it working.

🙂

I was very disappointed with series 2. I see series 3 & 4 have been commissioned, but I can't see them going ahead. Since they killed off Gerry, there's no character that I'm particularly bothered about.

Social source share

"Unlocked: A Jail Experiment"

I enjoyed this.

"Unlocked: A Jail Experiment is a mini series that follows the inmates of a cell block in Little Rock Arkansas as they navigate and negotiate life in jail environment, but without guards and without locks on their cell doors."

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Just finished "Baby reindeer" which has got a tremendous amount of traction in the media.

Difficult watch at times but completely compelling.

True story based on hopeful comedian, Richard Gadd, who plays himself, and the disturbing and warped relationship he has with a female stalker.

As good as anything I've seen recently.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 22/04/2024 at 12:44, Jaco said:

Just finished "Baby reindeer" which has got a tremendous amount of traction in the media.

Difficult watch at times but completely compelling.

True story based on hopeful comedian, Richard Gadd, who plays himself, and the disturbing and warped relationship he has with a female stalker.

As good as anything I've seen recently.

Not exactly 'feel good' or 'family friendly' Great acting, but a little too grim for me

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4n187n8rlvo

Social source share

On 21/04/2024 at 19:55, Simon T said:

I was very disappointed with series 2. I see series 3 & 4 have been commissioned, but I can't see them going ahead. Since they killed off Gerry, there's no character that I'm particularly bothered about.

Spoiler

Social source share

I'm a fan of the Traitors series, I've enjoyed both UK series, US , New Zealand and the Australian series 1 and I've just finished series 2 on BBC I Player. Wow this second series will take some beating. Rodger the host is brilliant, for me the best host of them all. The contestants were really stupid on this one. I've never shouted NO NO you stupid so & so as much as I did at this lot. Top telly.

Edited by Jessie Pinkman
Social source share

On 11/04/2024 at 13:57, Chris Turnbull said:

Just fantastic, I came late to Toast and it's sometimes too surreal for me but the best bits are some of the funniest TV I've seen for ages

matt berry is quite a musician on the side,nice melodies and he plays loads of instruments,also funny in what we do in the shadows

Social source share

3 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Half way through Love / Hate, Irish crime drama from a few years back on ITVX - couldn’t recommend highly enough, totally addictive and fantastic cast 

It's excellent isn't it Chris. It's a Simon T recommendation. There's lots of great things coming out of Ireland.

We could do with some more recommendations...............................

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

It's excellent isn't it Chris. It's a Simon T recommendation. There's lots of great things coming out of Ireland.

We could do with some more recommendations...............................

Posted about these two  recently:

Lies We Tell
In the Land of Saints and Sinners

• Up vote 1
Social source share

23 hours ago, Simon T said:

Posted about these two  recently:

Lies We Tell
In the Land of Saints and Sinners

Not a spoiler but scroll down if you are spoiler extra sensitive. 

It's funny; well not actually. I've started watching both of these and I'm finding there to be a little too much character previous, and quite cheesy protagonist posturing and dialogue. 

Funny that, a shame, I was looking forward to both of them.

I hope you're alright Simon.

Peter

🙂

Social source share

20 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Not a spoiler but scroll down if you are spoiler extra sensitive. 

I'm finding there to be a little too much character previous, and quite cheesy protagonist posturing and dialogue. 

Monsieur Pierre (through the window)

I don't recognize the quote as one from Barry Norman so presuming it's some twaddle from Mark Kermode.

Please could you expand & clarify for a thicko, eejit, dinlo like me.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!