X FILES

I have always been a fan of the tv series x files (mulder & scully) and this got me wondering about an xfiles on soul? Just add your urban legends (debunked or proof of existence) whether it be 45s or label variations,let’s see whether we can put these myths to bed!

In recent times the Darrell banks on a London issue appeared from the wild,recently Darren brown had a shrine 45 with cairos and Eddie daye on one disc,mick holdsworth has brought the subject of Ron Holden on a challenge issue?

sam fletcher tower issue?

nolan chance on bunky?

have fun

lee

Social source share

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Darren brown had a shrine 45 with cairos and Eddie daye on one disc,

A member on here has / had one of those for decades, i'm  sure it's the same combo 111b & 112a

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dobber said:

sam fletcher tower issue?

nolan chance on bunky?

have fun

lee

Sam Williams on Tower issue. Think it was said to exist but nothing ever showed up to attest of it

Nolan Chance on Bunky (white label vinyl press) looked like a seventies vanity press to me (small batch made for him if I remember correctly) so of no real historical interest IMHO. Once a Manship auction item...

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Maybe not X files on this one either, but it's fookin psychopathic!!   Has anybody on here got one? like most Ive never seen this in the flesh, not even a sniff 😞 admittably it's a crossover garage record.

SATIN Records.jpg

Social source share

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mal C said:

Not sure whether these two are 'X File' level, you decide... nice to look at though..

Sure but the 'X' file factor must leave the other to think that you're into 'conspiracy' theories... So rare it is. Or a scam.

Old school UK collector myths like the Volumes on Pama (only poor quality photocopies in old fanzines...

Hot Cinnamon (Joe & George on Now) 'no one loves you' on S.O.S. on a one off boot maybe... ?

What's the score today on Tommy Tate 'if you gotta to love somebody' on Koko with supposedly 2 'legit' 7" copies known to exist ?

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Sam Williams on Tower issue. Think it was said to exist but nothing ever showed up to attest of it

Nolan Chance on Bunky (white label vinyl press) looked like a seventies vanity press to me (small batch made for him if I remember correctly) so of no real historical interest IMHO. Once a Manship auction item...

The Bunky press is the year or two year after the Constellation press if I remember rightly and from the same masters. There has always been plenty of interest in it.  

I don't know anyone who has seen a Sam Williams issue.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

1 minute ago, Chalky said:

The Bunny press is the year or two year after the Constellation press if I remember rightly and from the same masters. There has always been plenty of interest in it.  

I don't know anyone who has seen a Sam Williams issue.

Yes I know that it's a proper inside job well done but on such a dull white label with bold typos and no nothings sexy about it but it's sole rare factor that some go for but of no interest to me. So I get that others go for it just because it's rare. Reading of it from lists then seeing it was a major let down for my expectation...

Social source share

Myself and my brother been searching for a Tom Jones ep, I used to own, it had probably easily best track on it, neither of us can remember the title! The EP, was called 'jones the voice' it also had, ain't gonna be that way, on it. Any help appreciated! 

Social source share

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Yes I know that it's a proper inside job well done but on such a dull white label with bold typos and no nothings sexy about it but it's sole rare factor that some go for but of no interest to me. So I get that others go for it just because it's rare. Reading of it from lists then seeing it was a major let down for my expectation...

By all accounts he was just touting it, bit of promotion, possibly for a further re-issue.  It is super rare but essentially a re-issue.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 02/05/2024 at 13:45, Simon T said:

A member on here has / had one of those for decades, i'm  sure it's the same combo 111b & 112a

I had 3 of these at one time. I now have one

Social source share

On 02/05/2024 at 16:45, Tlscapital said:

Old school UK collector myths like the Volumes on Pama (only poor quality photocopies in old fanzines...

Now that's something that I've been puzzling about a long time. Not if the Volumes on Pama does exist or not. I think it's established by now it doesn't. But why on earth would somebody fabricate such a fake scan and publish it? For what purpose?

Social source share

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Benji said:

Now that's something that I've been puzzling about a long time. Not if the Volumes on Pama does exist or not. I think it's established by now it doesn't. But why on earth would somebody fabricate such a fake scan and publish it? For what purpose?

You're right it doesn't exist. Trolls of the day. Purpose ? To have an affordable 'infatuation' glory moment

Ever met some of these shady past characters having a go at it claiming with a big smile that's them ? I did occasionally 😉

Dee-Jay's cover-ups sent legions of "gold diggers" in vein quests that some decided to fool-play with. Who's the fool ?

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

15 hours ago, Benji said:

Mischief making

Social source share

15 hours ago, Benji said:

Why ? i don't know.

I think this is fake https://www.45cat.com/record/vj668

The only upload the user made 6 years ago. If you have a good look at the image you can see the lines where it's been messed with in photoshop. I've never seen an issue, if anyone has one can they put up a better pic.

Social source share

On 05/05/2024 at 14:01, Chalky said:

Mischief making

He was pretty good at occasional mischief making our old friend Mr McAdden, but I do recall him doing a double take at The Volumes Pama photocopy, looked like he wished he had done it himself first!

Did I recall Dave Withers or Rod Shard unearthed a Porgy & Monarchs MHCFY which had not had the import centre pressed out, looked pretty tasty?

Paul

Social source share

37 minutes ago, Our Kid said:

He was pretty good at occasional mischief making our old friend Mr McAdden, but I do recall him doing a double take at The Volumes Pama photocopy, looked like he wished he had done it himself first!

Did I recall Dave Withers or Rod Shard unearthed a Porgy & Monarchs MHCFY which had not had the import centre pressed out, looked pretty tasty?

Paul

What is that 'the import center' not pressed out for Porgy & the Monarchs ?

Social source share

As I recall was totally solid in the middle, would be a brave person to create a spindle hole but sure it could be done.

Rod is on here, maybe he could confirm my memory isn't playing tricks?

Paul

Social source share

1 hour ago, Our Kid said:

As I recall was totally solid in the middle, would be a brave person to create a spindle hole but sure it could be done.

Rod is on here, maybe he could confirm my memory isn't playing tricks?

Paul

I don't remember that, sorry.

Dave is on here so he might see your post but I will ask him.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!