Music For A Wedding

So here the deal

Your going to get married. As Malayka and I did the other week. The formate you are given is

10 mins of general music as people arrive in the church

3 min track as bride walks down the church/Registry office

10 min track to sign paper work

5 min track as everyone leaves

What would you choose. timings don't need to be spot on just in the spirit of the thing.

Here what we had

10 mins of Marvin Gaye tracks from 'Whats going on'

Richard Popcorn Wylie-I can take on the world with you

Richard Popcorn Wylie-Lost time

Luther Vandross feat Busta Rhymes-Lovely day

Social source share

• Replies 37
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ash

Not quite on the thread but does revolve around music and a wedding:

My wife's best mate got married 3 years ago and chose "Long After Tonight Is All Over" to walk in to. She'd asked me to give her away so I had the task of dragging her down the aisle. We provided the CD to the registary office to play

"It's track 24, the last on the cd!" they were told.

It must have read the total tracks on the cd, but whoever operated the player must have thought it was in the right place.

The doors swing open, Sheryl & I take one step forward - Curtis Mayfield kicks in with "Move On Up" and we stepped back!

Social source share

Guest Bogue

How about the Dynamics - Misery ! for all the years after the wedding whistling.gif:)

& i suppose on the wedding night you could have 'Tyrone Davis - You Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

In church we didnt have an music played as in records, but we was lucky enough to be friends with someone who runs a gospel choir, so we had lots of lovely accapella, ya know that powerful stuff that hits ya right in the chest :)

At night for the first dance we had Paris - I choose you, which so happens is our daughters name yes.gif

Social source share

The wedding of societys child by Troy Seals - You have to listen to the lyrics hilarious in my view about a siamese cat being the bridesmaid and everyone dressed in black.

Or as the groom was thinking 5 minutes after signing the register into his mind comes Lord Luther on Shireck " My Mistake"

Just had another thought - Id love someone to play this as she walks down the isle - Tyrone Davis - Can I change your mind

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

So here the deal

Your going to get married. As Malayka and I did the other week. The formate you are given is

10 mins of general music as people arrive in the church

3 min track as bride walks down the church/Registry office

10 min track to sign paper work

5 min track as everyone leaves

What would you choose. timings don't need to be spot on just in the spirit of the thing.

Here what we had

10 mins of Marvin Gaye tracks from 'Whats going on'

Richard Popcorn Wylie-I can take on the world with you

Richard Popcorn Wylie-Lost time

Luther Vandross feat Busta Rhymes-Lovely day

When Nina and I got married -

1) She walked down the Isle to "If this world were mine" Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell.

2) We signed the register to "Hey Love" Stevie Wonder.

3) Left the church to "Wives and Lovers" Jack Jones

4) First dance "Show and Tell" Al Wilson

5) Cut the cake (Thanks to Adam who was DJing) - to the "Theme from Shaft "

How's that Dave?!!!

Len Dopson.

ps - Did you get my pm? - See below signiture.

"SILK" Rare Soul Nights Midland Road, Wellingborough Northants NN8 1HF NEXT RARE SOUL NIGHT Saturday 25th August 2007 GUEST DJS. FOR THE NIGHT- DAVE THORLEY, ROGER BANKS, PETE BURTON- PLUS RESIDENT LENNY DOPSON-FOR INFO CONTACT LEN 07970 361216 EMAIL len@ldfabrications.co.uk

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

I've said it once before, but it bears repeating:

My recommendation for the trot down the aisle is The Magic Tones' 'Great Day'. Especially for the excellent lyrics, which reveal the lead singer's confession that he's been at fault all along and not the bride.

What took him so long? :P

Social source share

Guest Bogue

As an add on to this thread (hope you don't mind Dave) what soul tune (or other) did you have the first dance to at your wedding ?

Ours was George Benson - Love X Love

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

When Nina and I got married -

1) She walked down the Isle to "If this world were mine" Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell.

2) We signed the register to "Hey Love" Stevie Wonder.

3) Left the church to "Wives and Lovers" Jack Jones

4) First dance "Show and Tell" Al Wilson

5) Cut the cake (Thanks to Adam who was DJing) - to the "Theme from Shaft "

How's that Dave?!!!

Len Dopson.

ps - Did you get my pm? - See below signiture.

"SILK" Rare Soul Nights Midland Road, Wellingborough Northants NN8 1HF NEXT RARE SOUL NIGHT Saturday 25th August 2007 GUEST DJS. FOR THE NIGHT- DAVE THORLEY, ROGER BANKS, PETE BURTON- PLUS RESIDENT LENNY DOPSON-FOR INFO CONTACT LEN 07970 361216 EMAIL len@ldfabrications.co.uk

Lenny,

Correct me if I'm wrong, (it was your wedding after all,) but i thought I remembered Nina going down the aisle to 'The Chapel of Love' by the Ronettes or the Crystals or the Dixie Cups...can't be more specific!

Also, I am sure I remember, as it is a favourite of mine, Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo.

Correctomundo? :P

Social source share

Lenny,

Correct me if I'm wrong, (it was your wedding after all,) but i thought I remembered Nina going down the aisle to 'The Chapel of Love' by the Ronettes or the Crystals or the Dixie Cups...can't be more specific!

Also, I am sure I remember, as it is a favourite of mine, Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo.

Correctomundo? :thumbsup:

Hi Karen,

'Chapel of Love' was repeated about 100 times 'On Loop' while we waited for her to turn up...I think I was later as well!!!

Len.

Social source share

Does it have to be REAL Soul? What about some top 70's Black UK disco.....

The Real Thing "Can You Feel Di-Vorce"

Yours divorced and younger, fitter, happier, saner and more contented.

Neil Jones :thumbup:

Social source share

Save all the hassle of getting married!

Just find a woman you hate and buy her a house :angry:

What about The Electric Chairs "If You Don't Want To F**k Me Baby, Baby F**k Off"

Enough to stack up Brownie points with any new Mother In Law!!!

Neil :thumbup:

Social source share

My recommendation for the trot down the aisle is The Magic Tones' 'Great Day'. Especially for the excellent lyrics, which reveal the lead singer's confession that he's been at fault all along and not the bride.

What took him so long? :wicked:

Quality tune

03___Track_3.mp3

Social source share

Soul inc..my proposal..

Somebody suggested this to me, but I could never understand why anybody wants to hear a record at their wedding, where the guy commits to not cheating on her (as if!)

For our wedding last year, we pulled out a stack of our own records and eventually chose these for the service

BEFORE THE SERVICE : And In Return - Shiela Ferguson

BRIDES ENTRY: Lucky Guy - Charles Mintz

STRAIGHT AFTER/DURING OUR KISS :yes: : You're the Best - LaRom Baker

WALKING OUT: Your Love Is Getting Stronger - The Four Voices

The reading was the words to Belita Woods - That's When I'll Stop Loving You

Even the rings came in on a record, not cushion... symbolising how the music brought two souls from different sides of the world together

...and no, it wasn't tacky! :thumbup:

For the meal, I compiled a 3 cd mix of love songs, also from our respective vinyl collections. They would take a while to list, but it's all still on my laptop and just giving me a smile now :yes:

- Oh yes... and I cried like a baby :thumbsup: when our godess Maxine Brown phoned to congratulate us

m

Edited by Maria O
Social source share

this is going over my head,is it all going towards a d.i.v.o.r.c.e by tamlia wingate(tammi wynette),a great effort at this time i think and im pissed,errrrr :thumbsup:unsure.gifunsure.gif:D

Social source share

this is going over my head,is it all going towards a d.i.v.o.r.c.e by tamlia wingate(tammi wynette),a great effort at this time i think and im pissed,errrrr :thumbsup:unsure.gifunsure.gif:D

im sinking

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

The Real Thing "Can You Feel Di-Vorce"

Neil Jones thumbsup.gif

THAT'S BRILLIANT - I SHALL REMEMBER THAT FOR ANY FUTURE WEDDINGS I DO.

Social source share

What took him so long? :thumbsup:

Top tune.

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

And In Return - Shiela Ferguson

Just checking this post has made my day!

Another top tune. :thumbsup:

Only trouble is whenever I ask for this out I'm met with either blank looks or some fob off!

Rare? Just not played? What?

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert