Sandy Golden On Ebay

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

WoW! gotta be one of the biggest rarities to pop up in a long time. Hope this brings a couple of 50 count boxes out of the attic, then I can have one!

https://cgi.ebay.com/SANDY-GOLDEN-RARE-NORT...1QQcmdZViewItem

PS worth going for a look just to steal the best quality, full mp3 I have heard of this! Plus the amazing b side which shares the same backing track as the Sweets 'something about my baby" NEVER even heard this before!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

makes you wonder what the fuss is about really, and the Sweets murders that B side, which has obviously been remixed from the original backing track, even sounds like a synthesiser on there at one point. I bet this is a well known artist under another name.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

WoW! gotta be one of the biggest rarities to pop up in a long time. Hope this brings a couple of 50 count boxes out of the attic, then I can have one!

PS worth going for a look just to steal the best quality, full mp3 I have heard of this! Plus the amazing b side which shares the same backing track as the Sweets 'something about my baby" NEVER even heard this before!

Bloody hell that is great soul, anyone lend me some dosh :P

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Bloody hell that is great soul, anyone lend me some dosh :thumbsup:

The label says it all MASTERPIECE :P If it stays at that price, I'll have it, but I doubt it somehow! laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

Tony go online and find a program called Freecorder, download it and Bobs yer uncle, it records anything you play via your soundcard and it's a free download too

it works a treat cheers

Social source share

Guest soul kitten

Yes and typical me, I go to do the same thing and it won't work with this version of windows by the looks of it!

mine neither ,put a soundfile up Trev :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Great record IMO. Ion had the first of these some 25 years ago and since then there's only the copy Butch got off Ebay (which virtually nobody noticed) a year or so ago, so assume this the only the 3rd known copy (which puts me and you out of the bidding Trevski :shades: )

In total agreement about the flip, which I only heard about a year ago - top double sider :thumbsup: .

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I can't get Freecorder to work either :angry: but thanks for the mp3s :thumbsup:

While we're on the subject can someone do me an mp3 of The Combinations from the Oldies thread?

Cheers

Matt

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I can't get Freecorder to work either :angry: but thanks for the mp3s :thumbsup:

While we're on the subject can someone do me an mp3 of The Combinations from the Oldies thread?

Cheers

Matt

Just go to the page,and on the player where it says 'Having trouble click here' Right click on the here and do 'save target as' to your desktop!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

its an alright record but nothing special..i remember searling playing it i think....cleared the floor..imo a very average record veering on the slightly boring....now then just get my bid ready :lol:

butch paid 1000 us dollars for it i think on ebay but no doubt the info is on popsike

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
makes you wonder what the fuss is about really, and the Sweets murders that B side, which has obviously been remixed from the original backing track, even sounds like a synthesiser on there at one point. I bet this is a well known artist under another name.
Have to agree with you Pete, certainly wouldn't swop my Sweets for this, doesn't even come close, nice enough but doesn't have the soulfulness or passion of the Sweets version. :lol:might still have a bid on it though wicked.gif
Social source share

Guest Sue Males

Is it just my suspicious mind where in his listing he says .....

This record will probably not show up again any time soon, so this is your chance to own it now.

Is his conscience tapping him on the shoulder one wonders :lol:laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest uroffal

some years back Rob Marriot had this,sold it to Richard Searling or Soul Sam, along with some other bits, is Butch's copy the same one?

Think the copy Rob had was Ion's, Butch's came off ebay about 12 months ago.

Social source share

its an alright record but nothing special..i remember searling playing it i think....cleared the floor..imo a very average record veering on the slightly boring....now then just get my bid ready wicked.gif

butch paid 1000 us dollars for it i think on ebay but no doubt the info is on popsike

BUTCH got it for 1000 USD's,seems like a real bargain at today's exchange rate(£500.. ish).What's not to like about this record,great memories, sounds more "right" for todays scene than ever. :lol:

Social source share

i have a feeling that we will be seeing quite a few of these over the next year...i wouldnt be surprised if there are a few lurking in the american shadows right now as a good friend has been offered a copy last night....

bid with caution shades.gif i,m certainly not in the running for this one....may the best millionaire win :lol:

i still think its a very average record :D ... a nice one at that... :thumbsup: but certainly not outstanding in any way shape or form

Social source share

BUTCH got it for 1000 USD's,seems like a real bargain at today's exchange rate(£500.. ish).What's not to like about this record,great memories, sounds more "right" for todays scene than ever. thumbsup.gif

There's nothing to 'dislike' about it but by the same token, there's nothing particularly outstanding about it - it's just 'nice'

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Ion brought this from Brad, then sold it to Rob Marriot for £700 at the time still a one off! Ion did promise me it when I got married but the bugger sold it before I did say I will haha

Proper class, still is and always will be one of my top soul tunes ever thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Ion brought this from Barrie Waddington, then sold it to Rob Marriot for £700 at the time still a one off! Ion did promise me it when I got married but the bugger sold it before I did say I will haha

Proper class, still is and always will be one of my top soul tunes ever thumbsup.gif

True Chris, maybe the price will drop now :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

True Chris, maybe the price will drop now :wicked:

Well I thought it Barrie initially but then convinced myself it was Brad haha Big Holes in my memory still lol

Nice one for the info Tony thats that part of me head reinstated whistling.gif

Yep its a £20 record really eh :D

Social source share

Guest Trevski

How about for mac?

Macs rule Tony! Just follow the instructions I posted earlier, they work on my Mac, a damn site easier than the Pc route! Go get AUDIOHIJACK its free, for Mac's and it converts anything, so when you get 'em to your desktop use AH to convert to MP3/MP4 and puts it strait onto your iTunes thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Macs rule Tony! Just follow the instructions I posted earlier, they work on my Mac, a damn site easier than the Pc route! Go get AUDIOHIJACK its free, for Mac's and it converts anything, so when you get 'em to your desktop use AH to convert to MP3/MP4 and puts it strait onto your iTunes thumbsup.gif

Cheers Trev

Social source share

ya know it ......either that or fresh from the pressing plant!!!!!!! wicked.gif

nice tune,someone please post up a clip of this please...soulie55... rolleyes.gif:thumbsup::shades:

Social source share

listening closely this seems very popcorn bland sounding....great strings and vocals just not very "black music sounding...." when compared to say the apollas/alice clark/margie joseph/ sounds very "mor" to me....asking around it seems like one of those records that people talk about but dont actually like ...is that down to rarity rather than quality.??

good luck to anyone who wants it though shades.gif

Social source share

listening closely this seems very popcorn bland sounding....great strings and vocals just not very "black music sounding...." when compared to say the apollas/alice clark/margie joseph/ sounds very "mor" to me....asking around it seems like one of those records that people talk about but dont actually like ...is that down to rarity rather than quality.??

good luck to anyone who wants it though shades.gif

was this a late wigan spin or anywhere???,a nice sort of floaty tune though with a great intro... rolleyes.gif:thumbsup::shades: ..soulie55...a £150 pound tune???

Social source share

good luck to anyone who wants it though :unsure:

only my opinion, but i think that's what's so great about it, it's tune and groove are more outstanding than it's 'properblacksoulishness', which is an often an over rated value I think. In the end, it's a great memorable tune, which a lot of big proper black soul records frankly aren't. First time i heard butch play it i jumped up to dance like I'd known it years. But yeah it is quite MOR 'radio friendly', could be the carpenters moonlighting! :lol:

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

was this a late wigan spin or anywhere???,a nice sort of floaty tune though with a great intro... :unsure::lol::lol: ..soulie55...a £150 pound tune???

First heard this mid 80's courtesy of Ion then Rob Marriott who sol,d it to Richard Searling. £150 :lol: in your dreams.

Great record IMHO :lol:

The one on the bay does look a bit new though thats not to say it isn't the genuine article.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert