News Flash

Guest Phil Richards

You took the words right out of my mouth - Why would anyone want to DJ with records they haven't put time effort n money into collecting....

The whole point of being a DJ is to play their own records and I find it incomprehensible that anyone would consider doing otherwise - what's the point - your records portray your own style.....

No different IMO to playing CD's out n is infact an insult and discredit to women on the scene....

Do you see guy's getting DJ spot's for borrowing mate's record's... This just make's a joke of us women collector's/DJ's...

Karen

---------------------------------

Hi Karen it's Ken

Think my wife is going to be one of the girls playing so i will try to answer your points,

1/ Time effort & money

Well Claude certainly puts money into the collecting as every penny coming into & going out of our house hold is a joint contribution and has been for the last 27yrs. And the effort comes from working long hours!!! :rolleyes:

2/ As lawfully she owns half of everything she owns half a collection :lol:

3/ Certainly very different to playing Cd's as we only collect original vinyl. :ohmy:

4/In day's past if a friend was trying to break a record i know of many DJ's who played his copy until they found one of their own ,or had a copy cut. Think the cutting of items on tape still goes on? shhh.gif And as to women collectors/DJ's being a joke I THINK NOT!!! you know very well that you command respect from not only myself but numerous others :ohmy:

Respect always

Ken

Social source share

• Replies 176
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

3 wonderful djs shamefully missed out are :

Maria O

Ali Nightingale

Cookie

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

What next?

All Black DJ line up this week.

All Jewish DJ line up next.

All Gay DJ line up the week after.

All White DJ line up the week after that.

All standing on one leg whilst whistling "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" DJ line up the week after that.

Utter tosh.

Social source share

What next?

All standing on one leg whilst whistling "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" DJ line up the week after that.

Utter tosh.

All R&B DJ line up now thats just plain daft :rolleyes:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Hi Karen it's Ken

2/ As lawfully she owns half of everything she owns half a collection :ohmy:

Respect always

Ken

Hi Ken,

Does that mean she can only play 'em halfway through then, laugh.gif

and what would your reaction be if she sold her half without telling you :rolleyes:

Social source share

What next?

Utter tosh.

Pikey you missed out the following...

All Male DJ line up (how sexist would that be ? wicked.gif )

Another female Dj for you all, Maxine Woon. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Suzy

Hi Karen it's Ken

Think my wife is going to be one of the girls playing so i will try to answer your points,

1/ Time effort & money

Well Claude certainly puts money into the collecting as every penny coming into & going out of our house hold is a joint contribution and has been for the last 27yrs. And the effort comes from working long hours!!! :rolleyes:

2/ As lawfully she owns half of everything she owns half a collection :lol:

3/ Certainly very different to playing Cd's as we only collect original vinyl. :ohmy:

4/In day's past if a friend was trying to break a record i know of many DJ's who played his copy until they found one of their own ,or had a copy cut. Think the cutting of items on tape still goes on? :ohmy: And as to women collectors/DJ's being a joke I THINK NOT!!! you know very well that you command respect from not only myself but numerous others :lol:

Respect always

Ken

Well said Ken, At the end of the day it's all about the DJ's wives and girlfriends having a go and enjoying the night.

PS heard the record and it's brilliant thumbsup.gif see you and Claude soon xx

Social source share

Hi Cookie...

I was collecting long before I met Ted....I used to absolutely seethe when I did a spot and peeps used to go running over to Ted...What was that record..how much..where did YOU get it. They dont do It no more mind you...I think I make it pretty clear to most peeps...who's records they are.THE ARE NOT OURS

They're my babies...I've got into debt when I've had a buying fest...I've shed tears over having to sell some to get out of debt or to buy others...stayed up all night waiting to bid on long time wants and must haves..I've had the bloody screaming habdabs when I've missed out......Makes me sound like a mad woman dosent it.??? or maybe thats how record collecting gets ya. :yes:

ive been thro the pain myself...eyes held open with matchsticks at silly o'clock waiting to bid on a treasured item...ever noticed also how a woman sat with a sales box will always have the questions asked to the male standing nearest the box even if you are sat right by it??? :)

cookie :lol:

Social source share

Then whats the point i say?

Oh here you are girlie we wont trust you to play any more than five records, its a crap gimmick really.

There is some cracking female DJs on the scene, and they dont need to 'borrow' any ones records. im not for all this borrowing records so people can play they should play their own, dont want to sound condesending (or what ever the word is) by saying that but at the end of the day suppose its only a laugh.

Heres and all girl Line up that would rock any venue

Dawn Brown

Jumpin Joan

Karen Crane

Nichola Anderson

Of course i would have to be on the stage with a whip to keep em all in check :lol:

With your pants down Baz :) ...Do these djs play tunes that they own???

Social source share

Guest Suzy

And don't forget some of the freestyle ladies from Rugby who all play there own records.

Kylee, Ganche and Mrs. Soul spring to mind.

Don't forget Sue Claxton :)

Social source share

There are already plenty of good girlie DJs out there, who have their own records, and they are getting DJ spots around the country, and they are deserved spots as well. Especially as they get more bookings when people have heard them DJ. I've always supported girls DJing, and in fact said Karen Crane did the best spot at the recent Aquarius niter to my ears, and said Liana did the best spot at Winsford two weeks ago. Sian's also right about the girls who have DJ'ed in the Freestyle room at Rugby, they all got the spots because they had the records, their own records, and wanted to DJ, and proved they could do it as well as the blokes!

Cookie is right about the 100 Club nights as well, you do get a better variety of music on the all girl line up.

No offense meant to those wives who have volunteered, but if you really want to DJ, start collecting your own records and don't start DJing until you have enough to do a spot, otherwise you are just demeaning the efforts of all the other girls who have collected, and competed, against the blokes.

Anyway, girlies look prettier, and tend to smell nicer, behind the decks :wub:

None of the girls volunteered, They where all asked.

Thanks Phil for saying that.I didn't actually volunteer but was asked by Max(with not much chance of refusing) if I would take part. When I put up my original "tongue in cheek" post I didn't predict the sort of negative reponse there has been. Without wishing to be boring by repeating previous posts, the idea of the nite is to have a bit of fun.

good luck to all the others involved,especially my best mate Anne Cox, and also to Suzy

KTF Pat :shades:

ps no Dave Rimmer you won't find me prettier.

Social source share

Guest Dawnie

I'm one of those "girls" and it seemed like a good idea when Max suggested it ages ago. Now I know it's only 2 weeks away I'm starting to feel a bit sick.My husband Alan isn't too keen on letting me anywhere near his precious records. Think we'll only have to play 5 or 6 records each so it won't be easy making the choice.

On the night please be kind and patient because most of us have never been on the decks before. :shades:

best wishes Pat

Hiya Pat,

You are not on your own feeling nervous I think we all are :wub: ~ this is the first chance I have had to post on this thread and after reading some of the negative comments I can't believe what we have all let ourselves in for :lol: but I am sure we will all have a good laugh and if we stick together and help one another out I am sure all will be fine seeya there :lol:

luvDawniedingle :lol: x

Social source share

Maybe I'm being thick but why would anybody want to dj with somebody elses record-least of all a man's!! They think they're superior as it is (see Cookie's comments about record bars) without being able to patronise you whilst you play their records..."ha ha she put the wrong side on...daft thing"

I think you girls that are doing this want your heads testing. wacko.gif

Social source share

Guest Dawnie

Well said Ken, At the end of the day it's all about the DJ's wives and girlfriends having a go and enjoying the night.

PS heard the record and it's brilliant :wub: see you and Claude soon xx

Yes I agree Suzy Kens talking sense :shades: and i'm sue you will agree with me when I say at least we will be able to appreciate in future the work the DJs do when spinning there 45s for us on our regular nights out :lol: and maybe just maybe there will be a female DJ who will stand out and perhaps become a future well known DJ afterall everyone starts somewhere ~ as for the 45s I could bring my own but I don't think they would be appreciated and I don't think the decks will take 78s so I will bring some of my favorites that Craig plays ~I don't intend to start my own collection because I don't intend on DJing again ~ I was ASKED! if I would like to join up for a one off fun night out and agreed :P and after all I think everyone who was asked supports this monthly event anyway so why not.

Now do I take a small box of 45s or do I take a riot shield for when the blokes throw squashed tomatoes at us :lol: decisions decisions :lol: but joking apart I hope everyone takes it in the spirit that it was meant to be in just a nite of good fun and laughter and I'm sure when a professional night of well known female DJs are required the promoter will know who to call on.

seeya soon Luv Dawniedingle :yes: xxx

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

One of the best ever sets ive heard was by Jumping Joan at the 100 club last year, class from start to finish, :wub:

one of my favourite DJs is Jo Wallace, never fails to get the dance floor buzzing, with a personality to match :shades:

All thier own records too :lol:

Good luck with your night and enjoy :lol:

Bearsy

Social source share

Guest gibber

I booked Karen for the LEL last year and I thought she done a great spot

I thought of doing some thing like this my self with Joe, Karen, Nicola, Joan, Val and Ali but never got around to sorting it.

also spoke to few others like Cat about bookings

Never thought as a gimmick just ladies with great collections who can Dj

Edited by gibber
Social source share

Maybe I'm being thick but why would anybody want to dj with somebody elses record-least of all a man's!! They think they're superior as it is (see Cookie's comments about record bars) without being able to patronise you whilst you play their records..."ha ha she put the wrong side on...daft thing"

I think you girls that are doing this want your heads testing. wacko.gif

===========

I think it sounds like quite a good experiment, cos I'm sure the girls will pick something completely different to play than their other halves would have. The floor reaction will be the interesting thing.

Hope it goes well ladies :wub:

Winnie:-)

Social source share

I thought of doing some thing like this my self with Joe, Karen, Nicola, Joan, Val and Ali but never got around to sorting it.

==========

Not sure if I've read this thread right, but I didn't think the ladies DJ'n on this particular night were calling themselves DJ's in the Jo Wallace, Maxine Woon, Joan, sense of the word? Thought they were just doing it for fun, not looking for future bookings?

Social source share

Guest Dawnie

==========

Not sure if I've read this thread right, but I didn't think the ladies DJ'n on this particular night were calling themselves DJ's in the Jo Wallace, Maxine Woon, Joan, sense of the word? Thought they were just doing it for fun, not looking for future bookings?

Spot on Winnie well said

luv Dawniedinglex

Social source share

Guest Suzy

==========

At last someone has realised what the night is all about, a one off, never to be repeated.

And i have no interest in future bookings. Infact it's not a booking because no one is getting paid.

IT'S JUST A FUN NIGHT!! :wub:

Social source share

Guest gibber

==========

Hi Winnie

Hope you are well?

Just trying to say I don`t think it's a gimmick but a great Idea.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest rachel

There seems to be a few different debates going on here - firstly, the initial post didn't say anything about what the night involved other than it being an all-female line up, and asked if people thought that was a good idea or not. If it's just a fun night then why bother bringing it up as an issue for discussion then making a fuss when people put across negative opinions? There's an events forum if you want to advertise the night!

Secondly, the idea of playing someone else's records - I've seen a few instances of people playing from someone else's box (not necessarily their partner's, sometimes friends or other DJs), and it can bring out some interesting things that the owner of the collection might not normally play. I do personally think though that if you're DJing regularly you should be playing your own records - I also think that 'ownership' of records is to do with having searched and hunted them down (and of course the ones you've been given as gifts), not just a legal monetary thing (do you consider yourself as owning half of your wife/ husband/ partner's clothes?) - if that's the case, quite a few of mine are owned by Barclaycard :thumbsup:

Thirdly, the idea of all-female nights - I have DJed at one (well a 'session' as part of a nighter), but in general I think DJs should be booked/ asked for their records and ability to put a set together. It is gimmicky to have any sort of theme to a night, be it gender or nationality or anything else. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, just don't expect everyone to like it or want to attend - it's not something that would make me rush to go to an event, I only look for style of music and individual DJs that I know I like.

At the end of the day, don't bring something up for discussion if you're not prepared for criticism!

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Thanks Kenny for hitting the nail on the head. As far as I'm concerned it will be a "Once in a lifetime" event. Look forward to meeting you Dawnie+ Suzy.Hope you'll be there on the 12th.

Pat :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gibber

At last someone has realised what the night is all about, a one off, never to be repeated.

And i have no interest in future bookings. Infact it's not a booking because no one is getting paid.

IT'S JUST A FUN NIGHT!! :thumbsup:

Hope have a great time.

Social source share

There seems to be a few different debates going on here - firstly, the initial post didn't say anything about what the night involved other than it being an all-female line up, and asked if people thought that was a good idea or not. If it's just a fun night then why bother bringing it up as an issue for discussion then making a fuss when people put across negative opinions? There's an events forum if you want to advertise the night!

Secondly, the idea of playing someone else's records - I've seen a few instances of people playing from someone else's box (not necessarily their partner's, sometimes friends or other DJs), and it can bring out some interesting things that the owner of the collection might not normally play. I do personally think though that if you're DJing regularly you should be playing your own records - I also think that 'ownership' of records is to do with having searched and hunted them down (and of course the ones you've been given as gifts), not just a legal monetary thing (do you consider yourself as owning half of your wife/ husband/ partner's clothes?) - if that's the case, quite a few of mine are owned by Barclaycard :D

Thirdly, the idea of all-female nights - I have DJed at one (well a 'session' as part of a nighter), but in general I think DJs should be booked/ asked for their records and ability to put a set together. It is gimmicky to have any sort of theme to a night, be it gender or nationality or anything else. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, just don't expect everyone to like it or want to attend - it's not something that would make me rush to go to an event, I only look for style of music and individual DJs that I know I like.

At the end of the day, don't bring something up for discussion if you're not prepared for criticism!

And not forgetting yourself as a fine Female DJ Rach :thumbsup:

Well befor you went all discoie :(:ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

There seems to be a few different debates going on here - firstly, the initial post didn't say anything about what the night involved other than it being an all-female line up,

Sorry maybe i should have made it a little more clear, as to it only being a one off fun night.

It was never about putting a top female DJ line up on.

and asked if people thought that was a good idea or not. If it's just a fun night then why bother bringing it up as an issue for discussion then making a fuss when people put across negative opinion.

The discussion was about DJ's wives going up and having a go, As for making a fuss about what's being said, I don't really care as northern soul is not a life & death situation.

There's an events forum if you want to advertise the night!

In my original post i did explain that as soon as the details had been finalised they would go in the event's section.

Secondly, the idea of playing someone else's records - I've seen a few instances of people playing from someone else's box (not necessarily their partner's, sometimes friends or other DJs), and it can bring out some interesting things that the owner of the collection might not normally play.

I know people who do this, and totally agree with you! i personally can't see anything wrong with that.

I do personally think though that if you're DJing regularly you should be playing your own records -

Agreed, if regularly!!

I also think that 'ownership' of records is to do with having searched and hunted them down (and of course the ones you've been given as gifts), not just a legal monetary thing (do you consider yourself as owning half of your wife/ husband/ partner's clothes?) - if that's the case, quite a few of mine are owned by Barclaycard :thumbsup:

Leagally, my wife is entitled to everything that i own, Sue always reminds me of the fact that what's her's is her's and what's mine is her's. :(

So is it a gimmick to run an oldies night, a modern night, etc etc

Totally agree with you that DJ's should be booked on their records and ability, but we all know that in the real world this does not happen, And as for people attending the night, it's entirely up to them and is called personel choice. It was'nt done for that reason, Max's night will be packed as per normal anyway.

The criticism does'nt bother me atall, people are entitled to their opinion so long as it is done in a respectful manner. I have spent the last two days being highly amused at what is being posted.

Best regards

Phil

Edited by Phil Richards
Social source share

YET TO BE CONFIRMED...... BUT AS OF NOW THERE ARE AT LEAST 12 GIRL DJ's.

SO GUY'S IS THIS A GOOD OR BAD IDEA???????????????? YOUR VIEWS WELCOME.

My husband Alan isn't too keen on letting me anywhere near his precious records.

My husband Phil, like your's is a little reluctant to give me the key to his DJ box, but he has no choice and will do as he is told. :ohmy: I have purchased four records to play, which will be nice from a girl's prospective.

she's borrowing Phil Richards records so that should be very interesting. :lol:

Hi Karen it's Ken

Hi Ken

My comments are based on the above comment's, which were made on the thread regarding the event. It was never stated it was a bit of fun until after my post - If it read that a few females were borrowing records to have a bit of fun behind the deck's then no comments would have been made. Like most males their are women who do take collecting and djing very seriously indeed, n tbh comments like the one I highlighted in bold from Suzy's post belittle female's...

1/ Time effort & money

Well Claude certainly puts money into the collecting as every penny coming into & going out of our house hold is a joint contribution and has been for the last 27yrs. And the effort comes from working long hours!!! :thumbsup:

Just cause a couple have joint bank accounts, and joint conribution to the household - dosen't mean that Collections of any sort, Diamonds, Scooters, Cars, clothes, shoes etc belong to each other jointly, people are individuals with their own belongings.

2/ As lawfully she owns half of everything she owns half a collection :lol: Yes thats the point only when getting a divorce or seperating does everything lawfully become split down the middle

not quite the same thing though really.

3/ Certainly very different to playing Cd's as we only collect original vinyl. :D

My reference to cd's wasn't literal - but in the sense that if a person calls themselves a dj n borrows another persons records to play - they may as well play cd's as they can play anything - dj takes pride in playing records bought n searched out by themselves - in otherwords developes their own style n gets bookings based on this.

4/In day's past if a friend was trying to break a record i know of many DJ's who played his copy until they found one of their own ,or had a copy cut. Think the cutting of items on tape still goes on? :( Different thing completely. And as to women collectors/DJ's being a joke I THINK NOT!!! you know very well that you command respect from not only myself but numerous others :shades:

I don't think anyone refered to female dj's as a joke - but some of the comments above had put that impression across.

Respect always

Ken

The original post completely miss represented what your night was all about and hopefully can see that really this should not have even been posted up on an open forum for discussion - but I do feel our comments are not negative but very valid - after all it ended with IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR BAD - YOURS VIEWS WELCOME n I gave mine....

I wish you all the best on your night and have fun.

All the best

Karen

Social source share

Guest Suzy

Yes I agree Suzy Kens talking sense and i'm sue you will agree with me when I say at least we will be able to appreciate in future the work the DJs do when spinning there 45s for us on our regular nights out and maybe just maybe there will be a female DJ who will stand out and perhaps become a future well known DJ afterall everyone starts somewhere ~ as for the 45s I could bring my own but I don't think they would be appreciated and I don't think the decks will take 78s so I will bring some of my favorites that Craig plays ~I don't intend to start my own collection because I don't intend on DJing again ~ I was ASKED! if I would like to join up for a one off fun night out and agreed and after all I think everyone who was asked supports this monthly event anyway so why not.

Now do I take a small box of 45s or do I take a riot shield for when the blokes throw squashed tomatoes at us decisions decisions but joking apart I hope everyone takes it in the spirit that it was meant to be in just a nite of good fun and laughter and I'm sure when a professional night of well known female DJs are required the promoter will know who to call on.

seeya soon Luv Dawniedingle :lol: xxx

Yes Dawnie, totally agree with you in that, One of us may go on to be a TOP FEMALE DJ, OOOOHHH ARE!! :(

As for a riot shield, I would take a straight jacket instead as we apparently need our heads looking at. :D

Phil has just agreed to sell me 5 of his top tunes for a fiver, so that i can play them on the night, then when i have finished DJing with them i will sell them back to him for their original price of 10 grand. :ohmy: So he will then be able to play them himself, as they will then be his again. Unless i sell them to someone else and go on a shopping spree. :shades:

Phil, like Craig will be there to support and help us on the night, and wont be patronizing us or anyone else. :lol:

As for Pat, Anne,& Claude i will see you all there on the 12th :thumbsup:

Suzy XX

Social source share

Spot on benny,karen always plays a good spot,theres another girl who doesnt get mentioned,it was a few years ago and i still talk about it today,rachel on hear,some excellent uptempo sounds boxing night at manchester keep on keeping on.

Billy

Social source share

The original post completely miss represented what your night was all about and hopefully can see that really this should not have even been posted up on an open forum for discussion - but I do feel our comments are not negative but very valid - after all it ended with IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR BAD - YOURS VIEWS WELCOME n I gave mine....

I wish you all the best on your night and have fun.

All the best

Karen

-------------------------------

We can have a good chinwag and discussion at the next Marrs Bar, i presume your going to be there :thumbsup: that is if we don't bump into each other before.

PS it's Max's night not mine

Keep finding those tunes

Ken

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Stand back a few paces, take a deep breath and look at this topic..........is it any wonder that the majority of women on the scene who have had the slightest interest in djing have said 'BOLLOX to this for a game of soldiers'. After reading some of the posts - and if I were a little more sensitive than I am - I wouldn't even bother putting the vinyl on the decks. Before Dawn, Suzy and Pat and the others on the line up have set foot in the venue, there's a barrage of negativity. I know Phil put the topic up for discussion but the bottom line is PLEASE let's encourage anyone who wants to give it a whirl. Otherwise there will be no new blood, male or female coming up through the ranks. The gig is for people to have a laugh - it's not for the Serious Soul Beardstrokers. And maybe, just maybe, someone will say 'I enjoyed that. I'll do it again'. I'm not a PROFESSIONAL dj - i'm someone who loves soul music and plays records if asked and I've had a bit of practise - this is my 31st year but I had to start somewhere. The fact that I've got tits n slit shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. Let's bury the male/ female dj debate once and for all otherwise I'll start getting a complex and have to go for expensive therapy when I could be spending money on vinyl. Good luck to everyone involved with the night and just get stuck in and have a right knees up. Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest garv

Stand back a few paces, take a deep breath and look at this topic..........is it any wonder that the majority of women on the scene who have had the slightest interest in djing have said 'BOLLOX to this for a game of soldiers'. After reading some of the posts - and if I were a little more sensitive than I am - I wouldn't even bother putting the vinyl on the decks. Before Dawn, Suzy and Pat and the others on the line up have set foot in the venue, there's a barrage of negativity. I know Phil put the topic up for discussion but the bottom line is PLEASE let's encourage anyone who wants to give it a whirl. Otherwise there will be no new blood, male or female coming up through the ranks. The gig is for people to have a laugh - it's not for the Serious Soul Beardstrokers. And maybe, just maybe, someone will say 'I enjoyed that. I'll do it again'. I'm not a PROFESSIONAL dj - i'm someone who loves soul music and plays records if asked and I've had a bit of practise - this is my 31st year but I had to start somewhere. The fact that I've got tits n slit shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. Let's bury the male/ female dj debate once and for all otherwise I'll start getting a complex and have to go for expensive therapy when I could be spending money on vinyl. Good luck to everyone involved with the night and just get stuck in and have a right knees up. Jo

Fantastic post :thumbsup:

Its just a night out & i hope all the ladies involved enjoy it & rock the house

Social source share

===========

Excellent post Jo :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Suzy

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your support and comments, you've hit the nail on the head!! :thumbsup:

Nuff said.

Suzy xx

Social source share

hi all'

firstly can i just say i have often talked about putting this kind of night on.

so having a free friday with nothing on in the area for people to go to i took

the chance of doing it.

so i asked 6 of our regulars(girls) if they fancied the idea of playing a few

records,too which they all said they'd love to.

now knowing that girls have they're own favourite tunes, usually different

from what we lads like, i thought it would be a nice night out.

since the weekend the number of girls who want to play a few records has

grown to a dozen, sounds like they are up for it!!

as we are only charging £2 in to cover the cost of advert, room & gear hire

you can see that the night has not been put on to make money, but just to

be a good time night out for all to enjoy and is just planned as a one off night.

i hope all the girls haven't been frightened off by all the mail ( yes most are

on soul source) just go for it girl's no pressure an enjoy yourselves.

thanks

max...

Social source share

hi all'

the chance of doing it.

be a good time night out for all to enjoy and is just planned as a one off night.

thanks

max...

Totally different emphasis than the post Phil started this thread with Max. he asked for people's views, and got them.

Social source share

Well said Jo, I'm amazed it took you so long to reply laugh.gif

Just remember what I said to you when we double decked: "Just think of those decks as a double sink with a mixer tap luv and you won't go far wrong"

My shins still hurt.

:(:yes:

Social source share

Guest Suzy

hi all'

the chance of doing it.

thanks

max...

Hi Max,

Spoken to most of the girl's and there all looking forward to this night!!

Although a little nervous because it's something we've never done before, we are all up for it. yes.gif

See you soon

Suzy XX

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

OK...I hold my hands up.

If it's fun..then it's fun and I hope you have a great time. biggrin.gif

I learnt to use the decks in the back room of a pub on a Motown night...YES...by carrying on playing a guys records for him while he took a loo break.......I absoulutely buzzed off It, so I asked if I could bring a few of my own records along to play...

Maybe there'll be a couple of new stars in the making

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert