Keni Lewis - Not The Marrying Kind

paultp

• Replies 31
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just idly wondering so thought I'd ask: where is the Keni Lewis acetate - Not The Marrying Kind? Is it getting played anywhere?

Cheers

Paul

with a bit of luck its been lost

truly awful tune imvho

havent heard it round my end in yrs thank god

moldie

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

truly awful tune imvho

moldie

:D:D:D:D What?!!!

Truly one of my favourites. Rob (or someone) played it at the Middleton before last, but you're right, rarely heard. :D

Social source share

was booted wasn't it.. white label..

truly awful tune imvho

moldie

Yep, white label "Test Press" - only 20 done?

Heard it played (not the acetate :D ) at a party on the south coast this year - awesome! Moldie was mean't to be there but he must have got advance warning.

Social source share

not another have a dig at me thread :D

im sorry but i just dont like it :D

thanks for the cotton buds dave :D

more than 20 done kev as i saw a box full at an event near me

i wont mention it though :D

Social source share

Yep, white label "Test Press" - only 20 done?

Heard it played (not the acetate :D ) at a party on the south coast this year - awesome! Moldie was mean't to be there but he must have got advance warning.

As the person responsible for these I can assure you there were not only 20 done, there were 150, but I never distributed them properly as Rob Thomas told me he owned the rights so rather than get into a fight I sold the lot to a dealer who sold them openly for £20 each.

Social source share

Kitch played this in Stockholm in may. I love it! Top 20 for me.

I've always wondered if it's ok to play this on the white label?

I think it is ok since it is completely unreleased. What's the general opinion on this?

Too bad the test press has bad sound. I bought mine from Manship and i think I read that at least 200 were pressed.

Edited by Bjorn78
Social source share

Kitch played this in Stockholm in may. I love it! Top 20 for me.

I've always wondered if it's ok to play this on the white label?

I think it is ok since it is completely unreleased. What's the general opinion on this?

Too bad the test press has bad sound. I bought mine from Manship and i think I read that at least 200 were pressed.

There were 150 not 200. I made em so I should know. Sound was as good as we could get at the time. John took the lot off me after I sold about 30 copies on my mailing list. Because I was not allowed to sell them, I couldn't recoup nthe outlay and ended up getting sued by the guy who got them pressed for me. So if anyone ever thinks of doing a bootleg - just say no :lol:

Social source share

There were 150 not 200. I made em so I should know. Sound was as good as we could get at the time. John took the lot off me after I sold about 30 copies on my mailing list. Because I was not allowed to sell them, I couldn't recoup nthe outlay and ended up getting sued by the guy who got them pressed for me. So if anyone ever thinks of doing a bootleg - just say no :thumbsup:

All I can say Pete is that if it wasn't for the white label I might never have heard this. So a big THANKYOU! from me.

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

Hi Pete i bought a copy off J.M. but i would like to know what or who's on the other side as it has unknown written on it, any help appreciated.

cheers ruffsounds

Social source share

All I can say Pete is that if it wasn't for the white label I might never have heard this. So a big THANKYOU! from me.

how many thanks ave you said for all your white labels kev?

still think its an awful tune :thumbsup:

Social source share

Didn't Andy Rix have this too? I seem to recall him playing it at The Dome and Scenesville.

==================================================================

I remember Rob T first getting this many moons ago and playing it over the phone to me askin what i thought about it and had i heard it before..never heard it and thought it was awesome. Rob and Andy Rix use to play mostly out of the same dj box with 45,s / acetates that they picked up together

over the years from what i remember Rob T sold it to Steve Chadwick from Runcorn then later on

Rob bought it back i think and still has it to my knowledge..

Regards Ian C

Social source share

==================================================================

I remember Rob T first getting this many moons ago and playing it over the phone to me askin what i thought about it and had i heard it before..never heard it and thought it was awesome. Rob and Andy Rix use to play mostly out of the same dj box with 45,s / acetates that they picked up together

over the years from what i remember Rob T sold it to Steve Chadwick from Runcorn then later on

Rob bought it back i think and still has it to my knowledge..

Regards Ian C

Thanks Ian,

Didn't realise it belonged to Rob Thomas as it was something I only heard when Andy Rix played it out.

I have one of the white label things but I thought it had the same thing both sides. I'll check when I get my records out of storage.

I think it is brilliant, too bad it didn't get a release and then it would be obtainable to play out (without emptying the bank for the acetate).

Cheers

Paul

Cheers

Social source share

Thanks Ian,

Didn't realise it belonged to Rob Thomas as it was something I only heard when Andy Rix played it out.

I have one of the white label things but I thought it had the same thing both sides. I'll check when I get my records out of storage.

I think it is brilliant, too bad it didn't get a release and then it would be obtainable to play out (without emptying the bank for the acetate).

Cheers

Paul

Cheers

It was Rob Thomas who had it and andy played it out in his spot's ( they used each others tunes sometimes i think) Kitch has the original acetate, good job i'm not worried too much about the "rights"

:lol::lol:laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert