• Views 47.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Pete Griffin

WHATS THE NUMBER FOR THE...........PLEASE, DYSLEXIA RULES KO

Thats my partners fault, i always have to beg for everthin, i meant police :unsure:

Social source share

JUST GOT IN IVE RUNG THE PLEASE, WEVE BEEN THANKYOUD WHILE WEVE BEEN OUT :unsure::wicked::unsure::yes::D

THINK WE SHOULD RE-TITLE THIS THREAD........SPELLING DISGRACE

INCIDENTLY, DID WE FIND OUT WHO THIS FEMALE D.J OF DUBIOUS MORALS IS...I WANT TO BOOK HER FOR THE NEXT MOORTOWN SOUL NITE, WITH ALL THIS PUBLICITY SHE'S GONNA GUARANTEE US A SELL OUT

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

INCIDENTLY, DID WE FIND OUT WHO THIS FEMALE D.J OF DUBIOUS MORALS IS...I WANT TO BOOK HER FOR THE NEXT MOORTOWN SOUL NITE, WITH ALL THIS PUBLICITY SHE'S GONNA GUARANTEE US A SELL OUT

I have dubious morals....does that count :unsure: Jo

Social source share

agree totally

people buy records (Originals)with there hard earned money

they buy the record off someone who in a lot of cases spends that on

more originals ,,and so it goes on

remember Butch storning onto the stage at Winsford,because someone was

playing a home made acetate of one of his big tunes

he took needle off djs platter,and slat it across stage

Remember it well Keith, didn't Butch get a round of applause for that? Totally agree also the "no bootleg" thing, always had a problem with that and difficult to understand why Promoters allow this.

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

IIf Jo,s got "Dubious Morals"---is it an unreleased R.C.A. Track amd does James Trouble know she might be playing it outside London??

T,C AND THE F.H.

I have dubious morals....does that count
:unsure:
Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

IIf Jo,s got "Dubious Morals"---is it an unreleased R.C.A. Track amd does James Trouble know she might be playing it outside London??

T,C AND THE F.H.

I'd like to see anyone frisbee my acetates :unsure::wicked: Now that would get a round of applause :unsure:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

jo, if you & your dubious morals would like to come & do a spot up here in sunny leeds, you're more than welcome

PM me and we'll discuss dubious morals - both in and out of the record arena.... :unsure: Jo

Social source share

Blimey, all gone a bit sideways this hasn't it.

I think it boils down to.

If you want to listen to the Northern soul Top 500 (or 200) and you ain't bothered in what format, put on your baggies and vest and go and do the do.

If you want to hear original vinyl, go somewhere else that plays it.

Or have i got it wrong???

Tony

Social source share

Or no help or thanks with lugging around setting up at the start of the night / packing up heavy equipment at the end of the night for the last few years with very little help and no financial gain whatsoever , the same as all the hard work with bringing the artists over and all the background work again for no finacial gain but just for the love of it. I have seen it from both sides. Is it worth it all. Well yes and allways will be. You can be used and abused and it can get on top of you at times.

I and someone else close to me are fully aware of the situation and it grieves us both that someone who is not fully committed turns up maybe on a regular basis getting guest and resident spots spinning bootlegs who does not put a fraction of the hard work what we do.

It would be so easy to walk away but that is the soft option.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live. :D

We could easy walk away , But they would win in the long run , lets be honest about the true Fact of Certain Most DJs In the West Mids and Promoters there age is catching up with them , They won't be around forever and I don't want to sound disrespectful to them , I hope to carry the legacy on with THE ORIGINAL WAY.

This thread will go on and on and some won't give a toss if its played on a boot or not , DJs will carry on Playing Boots and some others won't play boots Only originals I've had plenty of chats with Local Djs on this subject and the one thing that maybe best advise is let them carry on , if a DJ is on before me and plays a boot That won't stop me playing the Original I could easy say Here's a real one , but then again that's unfair to the paying punters who don't want to hear 45s replayed on the same night. Yes bringing Artist's over is very Hard work I'm very close with Alot Artist's who I Dearly honestly love had some fantastic times In Detroit with most of them , some on our scene don't like to see live artist's and that's far enough give me this time with Artist's then any Original or bootleg of theirs.

Edited by Hitsville Chalky
Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Come on Tony ---you,re being sensible now!!

Tony C.

I
think
it boils down to.

If you want to listen to the Northern soul Top 500 (or 200) and you ain't bothered in what format, put on your baggies and vest and go and do the do.

Tony

Social source share

can't believe i'm dragged into this by NAME,when none of you have the bottle to name the dj who played boots.

Hitsville Chalky...clarify this post,the implication reads that I was at the niter playing boots,AND that "soul clubs" have no integrity and will play any shit going.

I can say that Kev H is an original guy wink.gif ... who else would bring a banjo into a soul night :D ...

Social source share

That's a hell of a memory you've got there Mick, I can't even remember what's in my own box most of the time let alone what's in anyone else's.

if i'm in doubt i'll leave it, thankfully not many left in my box now, but there are some and i hold my hand up to that. they get people dancing and that's usually (except for 'upfront at the seafront' ) what i'm paid to do.

Social source share

I think it boils down to.

Tony

Pretty much correct, but i wasn't aware of a connection between vests and baggies and boots and pressings, does this mean events where a lot of the punters wear this gear play mostly boots and reissues?

Pete

Social source share

We could easy walk away , But they would win in the long run , lets be honest about the true Fact of Certain Most DJs In the West Mids and Promoters there age is catching up with them , They won't be around forever and I don't want to sound disrespectful to them , I hope to carry the legacy on with THE ORIGINAL WAY.

This thread will go on and on and some won't give a toss if its played on a boot or not , DJs will carry on Playing Boots and some others won't play boots Only originals I've had plenty of chats with Local Djs on this subject and the one thing that maybe best advise is let them carry on , if a DJ is on before me and plays a boot That won't stop me playing the Original I could easy say Here's a real one , but then again that's unfair to the paying punters who don't want to hear 45s replayed on the same night. Yes bringing Artist's over is very Hard work I'm very close with Alot Artist's who I Dearly honestly love had some fantastic times In Detroit with most of them , some on our scene don't like to see live artist's and that's far enough give me this time with Artist's then any Original or bootleg of theirs.

WELL SAID DARLIN!!!! shades.gif CAN I STILL COME TO DETROIT WITH YA!!?? :D ....JB xxxxx

Social source share

She,s a mate of mine angry.gif can,t you just give it a F**K**G rest now!!!??? :D

Social source share

All I can say is - As most people accept that boots are ano-no in todays scene- What morals has the person who plays these boots got!

Dublin 3years ago.

I get told in the 70s modern room Im on first and apart from Keith Money all the other djs are local . Problems with the equipment meant I only got to play for half an hour. That was bad enough being told my time was up but then to watch as 2 hours later a local dj is playing compilations including Timelless legends and reissues of "Beware your pulling my strings" Just made my blood boil and what was even worse was this same dj wants to know some of the tunes I was playing as I had returned from New York a couple of months earlier with a couple of nice numbers. I told him to go F**K himself and wait until thery get reissued in 5years or so.

This is my principle

Request - Namcy Sinatra - These boots are made of walking and this is what theyll do- One of these days these boots are gonna be smashed all over you!

Not literally as I am a pacifist!

AS the KKK was to white supremacy we will start a new cult -The BBB or otherwise known as the Boot Burning Brothers - Anyone want to join- membership limited to original people only!

Social source share

I GOT PLENTY MATES THANKS!!! wink.gif THE,S JUST NO NEED FOR ALL THIS B**L**KS.......ENOUGH,S BEEN SAID ON THIS SUBJECT!!! :D

well if enough has been said.......how come more people keep posting, just chill out man....your mate must be revelling in all this free publicity,..... any chance of posting up her playlist

Social source share

I GOT PLENTY MATES THANKS!!! :) THE,S JUST NO NEED FOR ALL THIS B**L**KS.......ENOUGH,S BEEN SAID ON THIS SUBJECT!!! :D

I have known her for a few years and I know she has many originals,what she played on this particular night I dont know...but in my opinion she does a good job ,she can diffinatlety liven up a dead floor yes.gif

Bazza

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

I have known her for a few years and I know she has many originals,what she played on this particular night I dont know...but in my opinion she does a good job ,she can diffinatlety liven up a dead floor yes.gif

Bazza

Perhaps the original poster can give us a sample of the titles he believes were played off boots - then we can all have some idea of the real context to all of this and have a better idea about what all the fuss is.

For what it's worth, my view is why would anyone on the NS scene set himself/herself up as a current NS DJ with a box (or playlist) primarily consisting of bootlegs?

If the prime motive is to be a DJ then why not buy a few general CDs and get some bookings doing weddings and general party nights - you'll get no issues relating to boots, reissues or CDs? And you'll probably get more bookings and earn far more dosh!

Brian :D

Social source share