Heard A Record Thats Worse Than The Carstairs

Pete S

I never thought it would happen but just now I heard a record that is even worse than It Really Hurts Me Girl by The Carstairs. In fact it has it's own thread elsewhere. ZZ & Co - Gettin ready for the get down. I wanted to projectile vomit on first hearing, I managed to stick it out for about 40 seconds, but I still feel unwell now. If someone was to play this followed by Dutch Robinson and tell me they were ground breaking Wigan classics I think I'd have to decapitate them. Even worse, imagine Searling playing ZZ & Co, Dutch Robinson and larry Houston in a row. I'd have walked out and never gone back if I hadn't stopped going already. WORST RECORD EVER.

sounds like the bangles manic monday too much for me

Social source share

• Replies 102
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Oooooooh! :thumbsup:

Just can't spell em actually.

neither can I.

Love 'em both actually. Most uptempo things by the Velvelettes(Motown) plus the Stormer "I'm Gonna Find Me Somebody" By the Vel Vets on 20th Century.

I may also have spelt(or spelled) some of the above incorrectly, or even got a name wrong, gammar or punctuation may even be incorrect.

Yes I do know the difference.

Paul

Social source share

• 1 month later...

pETE.

PLEASE LEAVE DUTCH ROBINSON OUT OF THIS ONE IT WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPECIL MEANING TO AL OF US WHO NEW PHIL SHELTON

Well I knew Phil Shelton for years, and his sister, before you knew him in fact and it never meant f all to me.

I also don't understand the point of this post Paul, you saying I'm not allowed to mention the title of a record because it reminds you of someone?

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

I never thought it would happen but just now I heard a record that is even worse than It Really Hurts Me Girl by The Carstairs. In fact it has it's own thread elsewhere. ZZ & Co - Gettin ready for the get down. I wanted to projectile vomit on first hearing, I managed to stick it out for about 40 seconds, but I still feel unwell now. If someone was to play this followed by Dutch Robinson and tell me they were ground breaking Wigan classics I think I'd have to decapitate them. Even worse, imagine Searling playing ZZ & Co, Dutch Robinson and larry Houston in a row. I'd have walked out and never gone back if I hadn't stopped going already. WORST RECORD EVER.
The worst record ever is a Northern soulie? Never! Not with all that C&W out there, and the Death Metal stuff, and electro... But absolutley THE worst record ever is 'Whole lotta love' by Led Zeppelin. Ghastly rip-off of a perfectly good blues number that made made oodles of dosh for the band which they refused to share with the composer until he took them to court, then when they settled they only agreed to pay royalties on subsequent sales, all royalties trousered thusfar remained trousered. It's a terrible record on every scale imaginable from the ethical to etherial...

I rest my case...

Social source share

The worst record ever is a Northern soulie? Never! Not with all that C&W out there, and the Death Metal stuff, and electro... But absolutley THE worst record ever is 'Whole lotta love' by Led Zeppelin. Ghastly rip-off of a perfectly good blues number that made made oodles of dosh for the band which they refused to share with the composer until he took them to court, then when they settled they only agreed to pay royalties on subsequent sales, all royalties trousered thusfar remained trousered. It's a terrible record on every scale imaginable from the ethical to etherial...

I rest my case...

Didn't they rip it off the Small Faces who adapted it as an album track? Might be getting my tracks mixed up but on the Small Faces first album they do a very well known rock song which was then adapted

Social source share

Didn't they rip it off the Small Faces who adapted it as an album track? Might be getting my tracks mixed up but on the Small Faces first album they do a very well known rock song which was then adapted

"Whole lotta love" is supposedly drawn from a Willie Dixon song "You need love" and Dixon eventually won an out of court settlement for copyright infringement.

Social source share

so whats it's fate Pete.Hammer,chainsaw,Black and Decker,heated up into a bowl shape?

c'Mon Pete...........if its a thmbdn.gif ,lets see it get what it deserves.

I take it you've not heard "3rd window from the sh*te"- d.barlow :D

brilliant R&B a little over played but brilliant,as said each to their own :yes:

the Flasher...ewwwwwwwww!!!! mellow.gif

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I can't understand how anyone who likes 60's uptempo northern soul cannot like the Vel-vets.

Its the "Whoooo" bits that I don't like, otherwise its not so bad, but those bits make my fillings ache.

Is it true that if you play the Carstairs backwards you can hear satanic chanting?

Social source share

I have said many times before that The Three Chaps - 'Will You Or Wont You' is the worst Northern record ever. I've seen it on a list so it qualifies.

It's so stultifyingly bad, I for one would rather listen to Drum & Base! huh.gif

Pete if you can find an old obscure Kenny Lynch 45, you'd be able to find a soundclip of this I'm sure. If you've never heard it before, it'll make ZZ & the Carstairs sound like Don Varner & The Mello Souls.

Edited by Ian Sims
Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

"Whole lotta love" is supposedly drawn from a Willie Dixon song "You need love" and Dixon eventually won an out of court settlement for copyright infringement.

Got this by Muddy waters .

Social source share

I rest my case...

Well I can guarantee you that any decision like that would have been made by Peter Grant and by the record label because Robert Plant has always doffed his cap to his influences and wouldn't have taken that stance.

Social source share

Yes. Hilarious. I like Magic Carpet Ride.

Fantastic tune, big DDRR spin, always packs the floor!

She's done a few good things actually, a couple of them quite soulful imho.

Simon

Social source share

Sorry Pete, but when I saw the Title of the thread I thought it was a wind up, I know that music is a personal thing but "It Really Hurts Me Girl" is one of the most gut wrenching peices of soul you could ever want to hear, one of those records where category ( northern, crossover, 70,s deep) doesn,t come into it, just an awesome SOUL moment. Just a heartfelt opinion mate thats all.

Kev

Social source share

Sorry Pete, but when I saw the Title of the thread I thought it was a wind up, I know that music is a personal thing but "It Really Hurts Me Girl" is one of the most gut wrenching peices of soul you could ever want to hear, one of those records where category ( northern, crossover, 70,s deep) doesn,t come into it, just an awesome SOUL moment. Just a heartfelt opinion mate thats all.

Kev

Thats how you hear it Kev, I have no problem with that, everyone has different tastes and opinions, which is why we have a forum to discuss it. I hear it as one of the worst vocals ever recorded, and I promise, I'm not the only one. It's screetchy and out of tune. And so are the backing singers.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Yes. Hilarious. I like Magic Carpet Ride.

Pete, No matter how bad my day is going you always make me smile with one of your threads or one of your one liners.

You are in the wrong game mate biggrin.gif

Social source share

Carstairs a brilliant soulful record, shame on you.

Social source share

Thats how you hear it Kev, I have no problem with that, everyone has different tastes and opinions, which is why we have a forum to discuss it. I hear it as one of the worst vocals ever recorded, and I promise, I'm not the only one. It's screetchy and out of tune. And so are the backing singers.

Ouch :D:ohmy::lol:

But then I feel the same way about Johnny Sayles - Just Can't Get Enough ...which is Satan's nails down a blackboard to me :lol:

I'll just batten down the hatches :thumbsup:

Social source share