• Replies 147
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest James Trouble

I'm also after this, nicer cash$$ waiting (Sorry Herman :wave: )...

jamestrouble@gmail.com

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Sorry guys if my post was missleading, my copy ain`t for sale at all :lol:

Did you outbid me on one of those that was ebay recently? I wondered where it had gone :P

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

You have to tell me what you mean by recently so I can "maybe" tell you if it was me LOL !

Seriously though I got my copy quite some time ago.

Marc

'Recently' was a few months ago, maybe 6? Time flys...

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

I'm also after this, nicer cash$$ waiting (Sorry Herman :P )...

jamestrouble@gmail.com

James, no need to argue who is willing to spend more cash$$ unless any copies turning up. And those folks that have been dealing with both of us in the past anyway know that inquiries like this are treated VERY serious and most times end up in smooth deals.

But anyway good to know who won the auctioned copy and who had the other bid close to mine ... Cheers, H.

Social source share

Herman

Good luck. Those 2 ebay copies so close together a couple of months ago one going for $4000 and other $1000 quite amazing. I know condition played a part but even so its a huge difference.

I wonder if any of this labels output is ever going to turn up in any qty ?

I've only ever seen odd copies of things.

Finding a Buddy cantrell was so much better when it was a deep soul collectors 45 and didn't have demand for the uptempo side. It only took me about 4 years to find a copy at a good price in that situation. Now the price has gone stupid.

Social source share

Herman

Good luck. Those 2 ebay copies so close together a couple of months ago one going for $4000 and other $1000 quite amazing. I know condition played a part but even so its a huge difference.

There were three if memory serves. Ted Ross got $3700+ and $4000 for his two, run about 6 mos. apart, and then someone else who I've forgotten ran a lesser condition copy right around the same time as Ted's second copy. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it. Regardless, I would say that Ted finding two was more or less extremely good luck for him since he found that old distributor stock. He's probably right when he said he found only two, as if there were other Tuska titles or other Buddy Cantrell, I'm guessing they would have found their way to ebay by now. I wonder how many copies of this are known to be out there in collectors hands right now? My copy was turned up in Memphis a number of years ago.

Social source share

There were three if memory serves. Ted Ross got $3700+ and $4000 for his two, run about 6 mos. apart, and then someone else who I've forgotten ran a lesser condition copy right around the same time as Ted's second copy. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it. Regardless, I would say that Ted finding two was more or less extremely good luck for him since he found that old distributor stock. He's probably right when he said he found only two, as if there were other Tuska titles or other Buddy Cantrell, I'm guessing they would have found their way to ebay by now. I wonder how many copies of this are known to be out there in collectors hands right now? My copy was turned up in Memphis a number of years ago.

I know for a fact ted has had 3 copies at least :lol: one was only vg- cond though and he sold that one a long time ago.

the 2 copies in my post were teds 2nd M-m and the $1000 copy. I comp;letely missed the 1at of ted M-.

have to say he's had some realy good titles up last year.

also the vendellas label 45 that went over $4000.

Social source share

I think the the third copy was from seller aleit and was pretty beat.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone heard the Eric Tig that Andy D. has got?? Noticed its not on Georgia Soul's discog of the label.....wondered if its any good.....

Also does anyone have a full soundfile of Richard Marks 'Did You Ever Lose Something' please??

All in all a tidy label!

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone heard the Eric Tig that Andy D. has got?? Noticed its not on Georgia Soul's discog of the label.....wondered if its any good.....

All in all a tidy label!

yes I've heard it :D Sean Hampsey got one too I think. It is good :lol:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

To be honest I think the Jimmy Tig is one of the better records on the logo and represents an absolutely tremendous slice of Southern Soul. Difficult to price it in this condition so someone might end up with a bargain.

I've always felt Buddy C. was overrated, alongside the Barbara Hall 45s. The good Richard Marks 45 (Did You Ever...) is completely brilliant though.

Record labels like Tuska and Shrine which gain a mystique through the rarity of their output alone will always divide opinion and it's often difficult to look at the quality of each release on their respective merits through completely objective eyes.

Having said all that I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the releases for the right price.

Social source share

To be honest I think the Jimmy Tig is one of the better records on the logo and represents an absolutely tremendous slice of Southern Soul. Difficult to price it in this condition so someone might end up with a bargain.

I've always felt Buddy C. was overrated, alongside the Barbara Hall 45s. The good Richard Marks 45 (Did You Ever…) is completely brilliant though.

Record labels like Tuska and Shrine which gain a mystique through the rarity of their output alone will always divide opinion and it's often difficult to look at the quality of each release on their respective merits through completely objective eyes.

Having said all that I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the releases for the right price.

Heard that Richard Marks in the rare room at Kings Hall for the first time....faffing brilliant, its got the lot.

Jimmy Tig is the brother of Eric I assume?

Edited by mulf
Social source share

Butch said Buddy C was an average deep record and he knows his deep wicked.gif

As much as you slagg off this record at every possible occasion Simon, you must really nnneeeddd a copy big time...so I really wish you you`ll find a copy one day.

Beside that everybody is free to have a personal taste and judgement...so in my book its both sides are examples of the best. Barbara Hall brings a tear to my eye everytime the needle hits the groove.

And I know my Deep (as well).

Social source share

As much as you slagg off this record at every possible occasion Simon, you must really nnneeeddd a copy big time...so I really wish you you`ll find a copy one day.

Beside that everybody is free to have a personal taste and judgement...so in my book its both sides are examples of the best. Barbara Hall brings a tear to my eye everytime the needle hits the groove.

And I know my Deep (as well).

It wasnt me Marc :shades:

Social source share

Depends if you're buying or selling Dylan.

If I were selling I'd say Barbara Hall is a masterpiece. If I were looking to buy I'd call it a number to fill the discography. Her other records on the label are pretty ordinary if you ask me.

Still think the deep side of Buddy Cantrell is crap. The intrusive backing vocalists completely ruin what is otherwise an OK, generic deep soul ballad.

Social source share

Depends if you're buying or selling Dylan.

If I were selling I'd say Barbara Hall is a masterpiece. If I were looking to buy I'd call it a number to fill the discography. Her other records on the label are pretty ordinary if you ask me.

Still think the deep side of Buddy Cantrell is crap. The intrusive backing vocalists completely ruin what is otherwise an OK, generic deep soul ballad.

quite right but i don't think a few words by me on here will effect my chances of getting barbara hall cheap or reasonably priced now after years of looking.

plenty of others to buy instead thumbsup.gif

Social source share

You are not LOL

The other side is a killer R&B-funky-edged dancefloor winner which is so right for today, words fail to describe it :thumbup::wink: .

I thought it was OK but didn't get too excited when I heard it.

her other dancers on the other tuska release are better IMO.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert