steve

• Replies 38
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Did any one see the prisoner on itv 4 tonight? there was a instrumental played right at the end of the programme,

does any one know what it is? Just right for the scene imo

Steve

I cannot help you on that question , but I can tell you that the voice of The Announcer in said series , was provided by British screen vamp Fenella Fielding ........

Malc Burton

post-5097-1216838400.jpg

post-5097-1216838400.jpg

Social source share

Guest Beeks

No idea...great series though...I used to live just down the road from The Portmerion Hotel in Penrhyndeudraeth where it was predominantly filmed :rolleyes:

Social source share

Virtually all of the incidental music was by Ron Grainer, none was commercially availble at the time (1967), the Prisoner fan club has released some on a small scale since 1977, which episode was it by the way?

Be Seeing You

I was watching it! First time I've seen The Prisoner for ages..........I think it was the last of the series as I checked on the info button. As for the end music, I'd fallen asleep by then...... :P:lol:

Social source share

No idea...great series though...I used to live just down the road from The Portmerion Hotel in Penrhyndeudraeth where it was predominantly filmed :lol:

Now you tell us Beeks! The fact that you once lived in Penrhyndeudraeth explains everything! :P

At one time it would've been a rather large plastic ball which would decend on you for voicing your opinions, and now it's just rotund Northern oldies! Consider yourself lucky!

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Now you tell us Beeks! The fact that you once lived in Penrhyndeudraeth explains everything! :lol:

At one time it would've been a rather large plastic ball which would decend on you for voicing your opinions, and now it's just rotund Northern oldies! Consider yourself lucky!

Ian D :D

Hahaha...didnt say I actually lived there...just nearby...and to be honest id rather deal with the big ping pong ball than some of the moody barstools on here :P

Social source share

Hahaha...didnt say I actually lived there...just nearby...and to be honest id rather deal with the big ping pong ball than some of the moody barstools on here :lol:

I look like a big ping pong ball. :P

Social source share

Guest Beeks

I look like a big ping pong ball. :P

Yeah Kenny...if Ping Pong Balls had wrinkles and bounced around on Zimmer frames :lol:

Social source share

Virtually all of the incidental music was by Ron Grainer, none was commercially availble at the time (1967), the Prisoner fan club has released some on a small scale since 1977, which episode was it by the way?

Be Seeing You

I don't know, I think it was the last one coz 'he was a free man' they let him go free and he was with 2 other guys and a midget who drove the lorry,

Social source share

I don't know, I think it was the last one coz 'he was a free man' they let him go free and he was with 2 other guys and a midget who drove the lorry,

Are you sure you were not watching " Fantasy Island " ? :thumbup: ..........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

I loved this show, unfortunately the ending was a real anti climax let down, which is generally the way with this type of cult classic, the reason they become cult classics is the suspense of waiting to see what's it's all about.....anyone watching 'Lost' will probably feel the same way when it finishes.

Social source share

At one time it would've been a rather large plastic ball ... :shades:

btw: The `large plastic ball` called `ROVER`... even this name was never mentioned in the whole show.

If you need `Informations` about the track, ask Number 2 or go to:

www.theprisonerappreciationsociety.com (complete bunch of nerds who spend their time with useless facts about a 40 year old T.V. show... Know this kind of pass one`s time from another scene...but I can`t remember wich one :thumbup: ?)

or

www.match-cut.de

Social source share

Go on then - who's gonna be the first to fess up that they're run past the concrete boat pretending to be chased by Rover?

thatll be me then, going back this weekend and i might do it again, last time i did it mobiles were in there infancy, however this time i,m filming on my sony ericcson thing, cant wait, :thumbup:

Social source share

Go on then - who's gonna be the first to fess up that they're run past the concrete boat pretending to be chased by Rover?

thatll be me then, going back this weekend and i might do it again, last time i did it mobiles were in there infancy, however this time i,m filming on my sony ericcson thing, cant wait, :thumbup:

Social source share

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Don't recall the track , but would love to hear it.

I think the series can be seen as a work of prophecy.

The various dangers we now see of increasing surveillance, of the misuse of technology, medicine and drugs, and of the loss of individuality are contemporary and relevant ones as we've reached the noughties.

Social source share

Well, I didn't run past the boat but I ran all around the sand patches in front of the boat during ebb tide pretending to be chased by rover laugh.gif

Spent a two days for our wedding anniversary there 3 years ago. Lovely place at night when the visitors have left...

Social source share

Well, I didn't run past the boat but I ran all around the sand patches in front of the boat during ebb tide pretending to be chased by rover laugh.gif

Spent a two days for our wedding anniversary there 3 years ago. Lovely place at night when the visitors have left...

Great when it's empty isn't it - takes on a whole different atmosphere.

If anyone wants a 'romantic' break with decent food, then I'd recommend booking a couple of days (it ain't cheap though).

Social source share

Great when it's empty isn't it - takes on a whole different atmosphere.

If anyone wants a 'romantic' break with decent food, then I'd recommend booking a couple of days (it ain't cheap though).

yes, absolutely fabulous. as soon as the day visitors left the village we took a walk around and i felt like a little kid locked up in a toy shop, everything you've only seen on TV before real! :lol:

food was pretty decent as well, think i had welsh beef with some mediterranean sauce for main course. can't remember starters or dessert but everything was delicious.

can't remember which room we stayed in, it was called "bridge room" or "bridge view room" or something like that. above an arch a few meters away from the prisoner shop. non-stop prisoner serious on the telly. though it did cost us about 250 GBP for one night incl. dinner! ohmy.gif

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

Portmerion, yesterday, soaked to the skin, no umbrella, fed up

post-1893-1217426207_thumb.jpg

Oh dear-a picture paints a thousand words! :D

Social source share

Portmerion, yesterday, soaked to the skin, no umbrella, fed up

post-1893-1217426207_thumb.jpg

think yourself lucky Pete.Went on hols to Algarve,and went to the Portugese equivalent of Lands End,Cape St.Vincent.Very cultural ,historical visit.

The workmen on the roof,complete with visible ass crack,were only dancing to...................

.....................................................BLOODY DUFFY.

What i would have done for hippies and a good old fashioned down pour.

Could have been worse i suppose..............could have been.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert