Bishops Wood Allnighter

Guest Mrs Simsy

Guest Mrs Simsy

Well, we're back at Ganches practising shuffling on her wooden floor and doing some chin scratching...generally winding down from a fan-fooking-tastic night! :D (Ganche is dj'ing and is currently playing Emory and the dynamics! )

We got there about 11pm, all the usual suspects were there. Lovely to see everybody! Boy did we dance?! No repeat tunes and a lovely smattering of oldies, rare stuff and lesser knows!

I can't single out any dj (apart from John Spaghetti disco kid Weston who played a complete load of old tosh! :huh::lol: :lol: ) Only joking-LOVED that Precisions...it's my birthday coming up soon y'know and i'm only accepting expensive vinyl this year! :lol::)

Anyway...i digress...

Bishops Wood is fantastic! :ohmy: Superb dancefloor, great music, good company and cheap beer! wink.gif

P.S Pictures to follow when my brain starts working again!

P.P.S Thanks to little Willie for the CD's! :D

Lots of love Kylee & Denise, newly formed members of the 'Tedettes'! :yes:

Edited by Mrs Simsy
  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest sandi

Well, we're back at Ganches practising shuffling on her wooden floor and doing some chin scratching...generally winding down from a fan-fooking-tastic night! :D (Ganche is dj'ing and is currently playing Emory and the dynamics! )

We got there about 11pm, all the usual suspects were there. Lovely to see everybody! Boy did we dance?! No repeat tunes and a lovely smattering of oldies, rare stuff and lesser knows!

I can't single out any dj (apart from John Spaghetti disco kid Weston who played a complete load of old tosh! :wicked::lol::lol: ) Only joking-LOVED that Precisions...it's my birthday coming up soon y'know and i'm only accepting expensive vinyl this year! :shades::lol:

Anyway...i digress...

Bishops Wood is fantastic! thumbup.gif Superb dancefloor, great music, good company and cheap beer! wink.gif

P.S Pictures to follow when my brain starts working again!

P.P.S Thanks to little Willie for the CD's! :D

Lots of love Kylee & Denise, newly formed members of the 'Tedettes'! :yes:

Well said Kylee,got to agree, the place was rammed,and what a fantastic atmosphere, everyone was buzzing.

Im really pleased for Col,Gaye,Larry,and Elaine, their months of hard work,dedication,and sheer persistance to make this venue work has finally payed off.

Im proud as punch for you,you deserve it..well done.

The one thing l did notice that l have'nt seen in a very long time,and that was at the end of the night,how many people were still in the building,continuing to enjoy the company of good friends ( old and new ), nobody being in any great hurry to be anywhere else soon, now thats what the soul scene should be all about everywhere. Like minded people coming together under one roof and enjoying a fantastic night of soulfulness.

Heres to everybody..punters,venue bar staff,D.J.'s, and promoters who each in their own way made it a night to remember....Keep on keeping on.

Sandi

Guest Matt Male

Amazing night. thumbup.gif

My first time (not sure why as it's fairly close) but what a start! Brilliant venue (reminded me of the Aqua) very warm welcome by Gaye and Col who i hadn't seen for ages (Col in his wig) and all the usual suspects in the record bar. I managed to split my time between dancefloor and records. Absolute quality all night from DJs given free reign but reading the floor perfectly, plenty of underplayed and cheapies mixed in with big money sounds and current floorfillers.

The place was packed out and filled with a 100% soul crowd. If you haven't been yet, go! :wicked:

Matt

My first time (not sure why as it's fairly close) but what a start! Brilliant venue (reminded me of the Aqua) very warm welcome by Gaye and Col who i hadn't seen for ages (Col in his wig) and all the usual suspects in the record bar. I managed to split my time between dancefloor and records. Absolute quality all night from DJs given free reign but reading the floor perfectly, plenty of underplayed and cheapies mixed in with big money sounds and current floorfillers.

The place was packed out and filled with a 100% soul crowd. If you haven't been yet, go! :wicked:

Matt

Hi Matt! Glad you had a good one mate (make the most of the hols eh?) I had the offer of a lift but too knack'd after Fri n a busy day yesterday, but this is defo on my "must do dos" list!

Glad the Rugby/Ted-ettes had a good time too....you girls really should get out more ha ha!

Gail x

I'm not on anyone's payroll here, but must admit, when you cut through all the hype, propaganda and nonsense that gets put up on this site and read between the lines, this venue, for me looked the best bet of the Weekend, with the only negative being the term "village hall" which conjured up all sorts of images!! In essence, the venue is superb, fantastic for a nighter, music was good, the atmosphere was great, the company was all on top form -Ten out of Ten!!! This night was SO reminiscent of the old Albrighton nighters, keep this formula up Guys!!!!!!!!

Des Parker

P.S. F*ck me, wasn't it busy!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. to Col, Gaye, 'Laine 'n' Larry you stuck it out and last night reaped the rewards, the unusual occurence of a Sat. with no all-nighter competition allowed you to get a great turn-out, at this lovely little venue out "back of beyond"

Not just numbers but the people were the hard core music appreciating, out for a good night, "proper" people.

The floor was full all night, as was the car park grass verges and fag area, thankfully it never got too full as to be uncomfortable, as alll were of a like mind and up for it , it made for a good 'un

Heard some nice tunes, Chico Lamar, Don Gardner(Cheatin'), Four Tracks etc....etc....., maybe there could have been a bit more "crossover"(hate that term) and nice 70's n 80's to balance the night out, but thats a personal opinion, and did not detract from the night

Lots of mates there plus new aquaintences made or faces put to S Source ID'S,

FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE, AS USUAL...WELL DONE YOU LOT!!!!

See you next time

Harpo xx

Hi Matt! Glad you had a good one mate (make the most of the hols eh?) I had the offer of a lift but too knack'd after Fri n a busy day yesterday, but this is defo on my "must do dos" list!

Glad the Rugby/Ted-ettes had a good time too....you girls really should get out more ha ha!

Gail x

You should have taken up our offer of a lift, Gail. We had an absolutely stonking night - on the floor within minutes (quick drink needed after 5 hours in the car) and stayed there most of the night - difficult to come off when the sounds the guys were hitting the crowd with were this good. Said before but the blend of music was a dancers dream (Sadie Sadie,amongst others, sounding great) - although the decks jumped from time to time - put this down to Roger (Nuneaton) shufflin'!!

Can't wait til the next one in November - well done guys 'n gals - only downside was one or two people sneaking in without paying, due to the location of the pay point in the main room. What's the problem paying a tenner for a quality night out?

Mark C wink.gif

You should have taken up our offer of a lift, Gail. We had an absolutely stonking night - on the floor within minutes (quick drink needed after 5 hours in the car) and stayed there most of the night - difficult to come off when the sounds the guys were hitting the crowd with were this good. Said before but the blend of music was a dancers dream (Sadie Sadie,amongst others, sounding great) - although the decks jumped from time to time - put this down to Roger (Nuneaton) shufflin'!!

Can't wait til the next one in November - well done guys 'n gals - only downside was one or two people sneaking in without paying, due to the location of the pay point in the main room. What's the problem paying a tenner for a quality night out?

Mark C wink.gif

I thought you might say that Mark :wicked: Oh well, really glad you guys n gals had fun,look forward to the next one (n see you next week in London Mark!)

x

1st time der and it will not be my last, exellent venu, superb dance floor, real hardcore crowd, and drinks r very reasonable priced, this venu remind me of the marrs, on a bigger scale music across the board IMO success on this venu wud be a strong, well known DJ line up, which was on last nite, keep the good work up. billy p.s i did pay 2 get in last nite lol sad.gif

- although the decks jumped from time to time - put this down to Roger (Nuneaton) shufflin'!!

Mark C :shades:

Don't know about any of the other DJs, but the decks jumped twice in my set, and it was my fault :wicked:

The decks were set up on two tables, so there were table legs right in the middle where I didn't expect them, and I kept kicking the bloody things whistling.gif

Wasn't it a great night though. Recently I seem to have been to quite a few venues where the music is great but there aren't many people, so it was good to see a full venue, great atmosphere, and good music. The venue lends itself to an allnighter perfectly, good wooden dancefloor, stage, seating area by the side of the dancefloor with the lights out, and a bar area with the lights on for the record dealers. Good beer (Marston's Pedigree), good company, and with the exception of Kenny Burrell, all the DJs on the night live in the West Midlands, so a good local line up.

Thoroughly enjoyed doing my spot, and went from bangin' Oldies to rare stuff through some R & B, and a couple of fairly obscure things thrown in for good measure, and the dancefloor just carried on dancing through the lot. Great feeling for a DJ, so thanks to everyone that danced.

Well done to Col, Gaye, Larry, and Elaine. An absolute success of a night. Bishops Wood has come of age, and will I'm sure go onto become a regular 'must attend' niter in the future.

Here's what I played in roughly the right sort of order

1am - 2am

Joanne Courcy - I Got The Power - Twirl

Valentinos - Sweeter Than The Day Before - Chess

Frank Dell - He Broke Your Game Wide Open - Valise

Cliff Nobles - Your Love Is All I Need - Atlantic

Darrow Fletcher - The Pain Gets A Little Deeper - Groovy

Jack Montgomery - Baby Baby Take A Chance On Me - Revue

Johnny K Killens - Frenchy The Tickler - Deep City

Satisfactions - Take It Or Lave It - Smash

Vondells - Hey Girl (You've Changed) - Airtown

Mickie Champion - What Good Am I - Musette

Betty Everett - I've Got A Claim On You - One-Derful

Delcos - Arabia - Ebony

Idols - Just A Little Bit - Reveille

Louis Howard - Do As You Please - Charm

Reatha Reese - Only Lies - Dot

Five Royales - Catch That Teardrop - Home Of The Blues

Tammy Wayne - Have A Good Time - Boom

Douglas Gibson - Run For Your Life - Tangerine

Brooks Brothers - Looking For A Woman - Tay

Sparkles - Try Love - Old Town

Magnetics - I Have A Girl - Ra-Sel

Tommy Dodson - Co-Operate - Main Sound

Earl Lewis - She Blew My Mind - Rare Bird

Troy Dodds - Try My Love - El Camino

Edited by Dave Rimmer

Just love this place, everyone in the melting pot together, DJ's, Promoters and punters all milling around the venue having a good laugh, a real peoples soul club with no conflict with any other events as this event has a great style all of it's own that really works. A fantastic night with the icing on top of loads of fantastic friends and acquaintance's all in one place thumbup.gif

Arrived here a little early i think 10oc,due to fear of venue bein full and being regected,This was on my honerable friend Dave Rivers advise!

Took a couple of hours to get goin IMO musically and in numbers.

But then it all kicked in beautifully and f*ck me you cudnt move, a real good and friendly atmosphere and crowd with only one thing in mind.PARTYTIME !!

A good Cross section of tunage played here,not all to my likin, but certainly appreciated by many.

A fantastic set by Mr Burrell and Mr Rimmer- Ta for Killens,Tommy Dodson,Earl Lewis and the Magnetics.

And a special thanks to my mate Spaghetti for playin absolutely F*CK ALL i asked for, Wheres Johnny Fingers?? :wicked: Still luv him tho welldone John wicked.gif

Ist time here for us, but will definately be back for another dollop o dat :shades:

Mike Cog

Not really a lot to add as everyone has pretty much covered it! Brilliant night at a great venue with an excellent atmosphere. Loads of good friends there and some great records played.

It really is a 'Must Go' place and looking forward to the next one already.

Adam.

Fantastic night, great music, great people, great atmosphere!!! The only thing that puzzled me was why Kenny Burrell played almost everything that Butch used to play 10 years ago in his spot????

Ey Tony but you have to admit it was F****** good i think only 2 records he played all night were less than 2k in value. Very difficult to follow that :thumbsup: It was a great night and im really pleased for Col and Larry and the ladies they deserve some success, just remember not to switch the dishwasher on until the end.

Edited by Tedsoul
Guest Matt Male

Ey Tony but you have to admit it was F****** good i think only 2 records he played all night were less than 2k in value.

One of those was Cliff Nobles, about a fiver, straight after Walter and the Admerations :thumbsup: Nice to see the cheapies side by side with the big money tunes.

One of those was Cliff Nobles, about a fiver, straight after Walter and the Admerations :thumbsup: Nice to see the cheapies side by side with the big money tunes.

Agree Matt....but you must admit Walter n the Ads is a fantastic tune! (Man oh man I take it?) one of my all time faves...I would have been up on the floor for that one (and Cliff!) God I wish I'd gone now!

Gail x

Ey Tony but you have to admit it was F****** good i think only 2 records he played all night were less than 2k in value. Very difficult to follow that :thumbsup: It was a great night and im really pleased for Col and Larry and the ladies they deserve some success, just remember not to switch the dishwasher on until the end.

Hi Ted, totally agree, the quality of the set was mind blowing, quality all the way and you did an excellent job of following him!!! Top notch 10/10 all round for every area of the all-nighter. Stunning!!!!

Guest Mrs Simsy

Some pictures up in the gallery! wink.gif

I would post the link but i haven't been to bed yet and quite frankly i can't see straight! :thumbsup::yes:

Thanks again for a top night! Hopefully see you in November! :g:

SPOT ON MR RIMMER WITH YOURE FIRST REPORT :) WAS A BIT WORRIED WHEN THERE WAS A POWER CUT JUST BEFORE I WENT ON sad.gif BUT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED WHEN A 50 PENCE PIECE WAS FOUND FA THE METER :D TOTALLY ENJOYED IT WITH A REALLY UP FOR IT CROWD, THE DANCE FLOOR WAS FULL FROM START TO FINNISH A BIG PAT ON THE BACK TO COL,GAYE,LARRY AND WOTS ER NAME.OH YEAH ELAINE :D

SOME STUFF WOT I PLAYED 4 TILL 5,SORRY TO MIKE COG AND JILL FA NOT FITTING IN YOURE REQUESTS :thumbup: NEXT TIME EH LOL.

DANNY WHITE-NATURAL SOUL BROTHER

JIMMY HANNA-BUSYBODY

LITTLE SOUL-PROBLEMS

FOUR ANDANTES-HIPPER THAN ME

HARVEY AVERN-NEVER LEARNED TO DANCE

CHARLES HOLIDAY-DON'T LIE

THE TYN TYMES-BABY I LOVE YOU

THE RIPPLE BLAST SINGERS-SADIE SADIE

THE TRADITIONS-TWINKLE LITTLE STAR

HONEY AND THE BEE'S-DYNAMITE EXPLODED

VOICES INC-THINKIN

THE PETS-I SAY YEAH

LENNY WILLIAMS-I COULD'NT FIND NOBODY

FREDDIE WILLIAMS-I GOTTA LIVE WHILE I CAN

VANGUARDS-GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES

FRANK FOSTER-THE HARLEM RUMBLE

STORMY WYNTERS-LIFE SAVER

MARGE SINGLETORY-NEVER LET GO

THE WEBS-LITTLE GIRL BLUE

HOLLYWOOD FLAMES-DANCE SENORITA

WILLIE PICKET-ON THE STAGE OF LIFE

SHARON MCMANN-GOT TO FIND ANOTHER GUY

DAVID THOMAS-I WILL ALLWAYS NEED YOU BY MY SIDE.

What was really pleasing about saturday was the number of younger people there, and travellers as well

This is what i played in no particular order

Buddy Smith-When you loose the one you love

Gloria Howell-You better hurry up

Professionals-That's why I love you

Magnetics-Heart you're made of stone

Matt Lucas-You better go go

Mikki Farrow-Set my heart at ease

Four Pros-Just another girl

Blendels-You need love

Trends-Thanks for a little lovin

Sonatas-Going down the road

Tina Roberts-One way the other

Harvey Scales-Too good to be true

Poets-Wrapped around your finger

Leo Price-Hey now baby

Players IV-The two of us

Jokers-Soul sound

Inspirations-No one else can take your place

Gerri Hall-Who you gonna run to

Nat Hall-You don't know

Flirations-Stronger than her love

Bad weather Inc-I never never knew

Districts-One lover

Empires-You're on top girl

Earles-Everybodys got some body

Executive 4- I got a good thing going

I,m getting to the point now, where I dont want to travel, been doin it far too long, and my legs are getting a wee bit older like me, so it was great for me too see this niter really taking off last nite, people from all 4 corners of this soul scene, all coming to-gether to make a very successful niter in my home county so,s to speak, the record bar was buzzin franticly and so was the music, from start to finish, I always make a conscious effort not to dance to woodys records or try to big him up on any forum,( always think because I,m married to him it might be seen as one sided) because thats me, always shouting for other dj,and venues ect, but you know what, why shound,nt I, he did a supurb set, played to the dancefloor, and I did manage to dance to a few, and he did not even play my request,the shame of it,see, I have no influence whats so ever :D ..having said my piece, hats off to all the DJ,s,really brilliant, the tone of the music was set all nite, by some really great soul, all sorts underplayed, rarer stuff, and some brilliant dancers, thats what the punters want, however I asked Mr burrell to play the other side of Walter and the admirations, he said no, he does not like it(life of tears) g.gif well I thought, mmmmm ok he played a blindin set anyway of course, so all in all, a very big thank you to Col ,Gaye, larry and ELAINE, I take my hard hat off to you all, and gaye, see i did not need the sick bag, allthough I sneaked a bit of wine In the TEACUP :) thanks Sandi for doin my hair, even though you had your knee up my back :thumbup::D cant wait for the next one, but most off all thankyou all for your company, thats what makes a a great nite even better!

Edited by mrs soul
Guest kerby

well you 2 ( col & larry ) it's payed off . when myself & jb walked in on your first night we both said it was a superb venue & knew it would take off . a few months down the line with a lot of plugs & a million flyers later it's turned into one of the best nights out on the soul callender . :D iv'e got to post my pictures later but as i took about 300 it might take some time to sort them out :D:D .

mart ( kerby )

I,m getting to the point now, where I dont want to travel, been doin it far too long, and my legs are getting a wee bit older like me, so it was great for me too see this niter really taking off last nite, people from all 4 corners of this soul scene, all coming to-gether to make a very successful niter in my home county so,s to speak, the record bar was buzzin franticly and so was the music, from start to finish, I always make a conscious effort not to dance to woodys records or try to big him up on any forum,( always think because I,m married to him it might be seen as one sided) because thats me, always shouting for other dj,and venues ect, but you know what, why shound,nt I, he did a supurb set, played to the dancefloor, and I did manage to dance to a few, and he did not even play my request,the shame of it,see, I have no influence whats so ever :lol: ..having said my piece, hats off to all the DJ,s,really brilliant, the tone of the music was set all nite, by some really great soul, all sorts underplayed, rarer stuff, and some brilliant dancers, thats what the punters want, however I asked Mr burrell to play the other side of Walter and the admirations, he said no, he does not like it(life of tears) :D well I thought, mmmmm ok he played a blindin set anyway of course, so all in all, a very big thank you to Col ,Gaye, larry and lorrian, I take my hard hat off to you all, and gaye, see i did not need the sick bag, allthough I sneaked a bit of wine In the TEACUP :P thanks Sandi for doin my hair, even though you had your knee up my back :D:yes: cant wait for the next one, but most off all thankyou all for your company, thats what makes a a great nite even better!

Gotta agree with all said so far, had a great night. We seemed to be there an hour and the lights came on - finished far too quickly!! :D Lovely to meet Sandi and see such a nice crowd from all over the place. PHIL FROM BURNLEY - HELLO MATE!! :D I wound Robbies little mate up telling him Wolverhampton and west Brom were the same place :D Then I legged it! :D Sorry - was only kidding! Mrs Soul was happy takin "up-skirt" shots of us for her porn site :D Nice chatting to everyone. All in all a belter of a night. Will definately go again. Denise xx

Guest Mrs Simsy

Gotta agree with all said so far, had a great night. We seemed to be there an hour and the lights came on - finished far too quickly!! :D Lovely to meet Sandi and see such a nice crowd from all over the place. PHIL FROM BURNLEY - HELLO MATE!! :P I wound Robbies little mate up telling him Wolverhampton and west Brom were the same place :D Then I legged it! :lol: Sorry - was only kidding! Mrs Soul was happy takin "up-skirt" shots of us for her porn site :D Nice chatting to everyone. All in all a belter of a night. Will definately go again. Denise xx

I forgot about that! :D:yes:

Hi Ted,

See you managed to source a copy of Gloria Howell.

Cracking tune.

What was really pleasing about saturday was the number of younger people there, and travellers as well

This is what i played in no particular order

Buddy Smith-When you loose the one you love

Gloria Howell-You better hurry up

Professionals-That's why I love you

Magnetics-Heart you're made of stone

Matt Lucas-You better go go

Mikki Farrow-Set my heart at ease

Four Pros-Just another girl

Blendels-You need love

Trends-Thanks for a little lovin

Sonatas-Going down the road

Tina Roberts-One way the other

Harvey Scales-Too good to be true

Poets-Wrapped around your finger

Leo Price-Hey now baby

Players IV-The two of us

Jokers-Soul sound

Inspirations-No one else can take your place

Gerri Hall-Who you gonna run to

Nat Hall-You don't know

Flirations-Stronger than her love

Bad weather Inc-I never never knew

Districts-One lover

Empires-You're on top girl

Earles-Everybodys got some body

Executive 4- I got a good thing going

I originally wasn't coming to this, sounded a bit small and 'local' to justify an hour's drive. But a couple of friends were going so I figured I'd give it a looksee, maybe rule it out for the future (there's positive thinking).

I was completely wrong - it was a fab night, great music, great atmosphere, and nice to say hello to a few people again, and meet a few new folks. The organisers have done a great job with this, turning a smallish venue into a main event on my allnighter diary - well done to everyone involved.

I originally wasn't coming to this, sounded a bit small and 'local' to justify an hour's drive. But a couple of friends were going so I figured I'd give it a looksee, maybe rule it out for the future (there's positive thinking).

I felt i had to reply to this, just to say that if people don't give venues a "looksee" as you call it, then you'll never know, you can't always go by what you've heard or a detailed description of a venue. As we have found out for ourselves, just give them a go. :lol:

We attended Bishops Wood from the very first night, and we knew as soon as we walked in that Col & Larry were onto a winner. :lol:

JB & Mart xxxKTFxxx

I felt i had to reply to this, just to say that if people don't give venues a "looksee" as you call it, then you'll never know, you can't always go by what you've heard or a detailed description of a venue. As we have found out for ourselves, just give them a go. :lol:

We attended Bishops Wood from the very first night, and we knew as soon as we walked in that Col & Larry were onto a winner. :lol:

JB & Mart xxxKTFxxx

I think its the term "village hall" that was a bit off putting because its much better than that! it puts a picture in your mind, but when you get there you realise its bigger than you think. But not so large you lose the atmosphere - it was like having all your favourite people at a private nighter! And musically - fantastic. :lol:

Guest Mrs Simsy

I think its the term "village hall" that was a bit off putting because its much better than that! it puts a picture in your mind, but when you get there you realise its bigger than you think. But not so large you lose the atmosphere - it was like having all your favourite people at a private nighter! And musically - fantastic. :lol:

:lol::lol:

My first time at Bishops Wood and will def be going back again - great night and a great venue :lol: Music was suberb and the dancefloor was busy without being packed so there are room to move about.

Does anyone know what the very last tune was as I really liked it but can't remember what is was - my failing memory after being up all night :lol:

Dave

I think its the term "village hall" that was a bit off putting because its much better than that! it puts a picture in your mind,

I understand the term "village Hall" may have been off putting :lol: but we have posted loads of pics in the gallery from the off, to show you all just what a fantastic venue "Bishops Wood" is. :lol:

JB xxxKTFxxx

The term village hall, conjuring up image's of the Woman's Institude serving tea at a monthly farmer's meeting/dance, (yes that was a combined harvester reeping in the dark with the head light's on). Well we meet, we chatted and we danced, and had a great time, it was'nt tea that was served up, but good honest quality soul.

Was nice to meet up with my good friend's Col & Kaye (Col I got there in the end mate).

Someone said that when it ended, people were still chatting in the car park for age's, one of those night's that could have gone on, and it was nice putting a face to some soul sourcers, Sandi/Harpo, was great to meet you.

Well done all, :lol: .

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit

First time to Bishop's Wood for Gail & I, so after a visit to the Attic in Mansfield it's down the A38 to join Dave Rivers, Steph, Mick Cog & Jan together with anyone else who's daft enough to stand or sit before me while I talk total & utter Bo**ox's . It seemed to take an eternity to reach the place but not as long as Matchy,Dave & Stan who arrived in the area early enough but decided a visit to various other places wouldn't go a miss for a couple of hours :lol: .

Just as I expected a typical Village Hall, large enough for a good size Wedding party, with just about enough parking & far enough away from neighbours so as not to upset them with the revelry inside & a dancefloor that covered the entire room, just one question, why do all Village Hall's have big entrance hall's with nothing in except a couple of table's???? :lol:

Nice music all night (was tucked away round the corner so couldn't see who was Dj'ing & what times but does it matter, long as sounded good??) & good atmosphere, a bit crowded under the dark arches so you had to tread carefully if you went to the bar or out onto decked area, plent of friendly faces there also like; Phil K, Kae & Russ, Vic, Willie, also the lovely K.C. & Smiley Jill had chaperoened the Human Gyroscope "William Wizard" to the event & I noticed he had staked his claim to his turf in the corner & was defending it like a displaying Peacock all night while strutting his stuff, keep it up Billy, he also told me he'd "Spewed his ring up", to which I replied, "Why did you eat a ring? Didn't you realise it would make you sick?" but I'm not sure he got the joke or perhaps he just chose to ignore it?? :lol: Whilst I'm on Rugbysoulgirl is looking for a nice clean, undented Toyota Celica for Papa, under £400 please, as since she borrowed his it's not looking to good :lol: , also whilst out on the veranda Kaye told me she looked over the field & remembered Costner's film "Field of Dreams" & the famous quote "Build it & they shall come" & wouldn't it be great if Marvin, Jnr Walker & a crew appeared & did visit, well once I realised that she hadn't gone gag ga or that the men in white coats wern't knocking at the door for her, I realised she may be right & if they build on this night, then they will come, in droves. It seems the only hitch was the attack of the dishwasher rinse cycle that had the lights flickering faster than a Morse coder with Tourettes but all I can say is, see what happens when you take a womans work away from her :D , only joking girls, ok?? Now Ganche what site did you say the piccies where on, www.pervs4u.com?? :D

Finally a big "Thank You" to Mick Cog for his hospitality & Jan for the lovely Tea & Butties, however I was a little worried when I realised we seemed to be going the long way round, via Eire & North Wales, I was even more perturbed when we stopped at the road side & Libby seemed to be evicted from the car & abandoned there, had they kidnaped & held him hostage without our knowledge?? Had the powers that be refused to pay the ransom monies?? Or was it a drop off point for a undercover operation Libby was involved in?? No, thankfully it was a shortcut home through the tree's & a field!! :lol:

Till next time, Take care, be safe & remember,"Well she's faster than most & she lives on the coast - a ha ha, Well she's faster than most & she lives on the coast - a ha ha, I'm her two-penny prince & I give her hot love - a ha ha",

Spot. :lol:

Edited by spot

Whilst I'm on Rugbysoulgirl is looking for a nice clean, undented Toyota Celica for Papa, under £400 please, as since she borrowed his it's not looking to good blush.gif

:huh::D:D

coder with Tourettes but all I can say is, see what happens when you take a womans work away from her :thumbup: , only joking girls, ok?? Now Ganche what site did you say the piccies where on, www.pervs4u.com?? :(

:(:g: 0121Do-one.com

Whilst I'm on Rugbysoulgirl is looking for a nice clean, undented Toyota Celica for Papa, under £400 please, as since she borrowed his it's not looking to good blush.gif

:huh::D:D

coder with Tourettes but all I can say is, see what happens when you take a womans work away from her :thumbup: , only joking girls, ok?? Now Ganche what site did you say the piccies where on, www.pervs4u.com?? :(

:g::D 0121Do-one.com

God, now me writings gone all short sighted :(

have to say it was so great to see so many familiar faces and catch up with those who we havent seen for some time :huh: especially Stevie T. glad to see Billy still standing at the end of the night after his projectile vomiting episode laugh.gif thank god no-one got in the way!

graham just asks that next time the hand stamp ink isnt quite so wet so he doesnt end up transfering it all over his clothes and body :thumbup: he says he will have to take the organisers to court if the situation is not rectified......

Guest stivessoulie

My first time there, thanks Col for calling to tell us we would get in even though we wouldn't get there until 2am :thumbup: Was lovely to see Karen and Billy, also you Mr Spot and many other friends :D

Thanks Tedsoul for playing me :D Earles, Everybody's Got Somebody rolleyes.gif and John I'll be asking you again at Middleton :huh:

Love Gill x

Dont forget to polish the dome mate :lol: i was talking about Fred Krol and Gemma and his 2 sons i think, start them early Fred great to see you both again

laugh.gif:wicked::lol:

Don't worry Ted, always give it a bit of a polish before heading out.....distracts people from noticing that I'm too much of a lazy git to bother shaving!

The place was packed out and filled with a 100% soul crowd. If you haven't been yet, go! :lol:

Matt

great night , great tunes & great company "what more could a boy ask for"

lookin forward to my spot there. thanks col for asking me. :lol::wicked:

Source Advert