Frederick Hymes: Time Ain´t Gonna Do Me No Favour (Fab Vegas)

Guest Fabsoul69

• Replies 35
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Still looking for

Frederick Hymes: time ain´t gonna do me no favour (Fab Vegas)

Many thanks,

Oliver

Paul Capon @ crossoversoul has had it on his list a few times - may still have it.

Social source share

LRSV - ST - 4526 A

LRSV - ST - 4526 B

These are scratched in.

Russ

My run out details are the same. Orange label. Bought mine three years ago from a dealer. I am sure I read a thread on here about some American dealer knocking out reissues about the time I bought mine. Dont like the thought but would like to know if mine is legit.

Pat

Social source share

My run out details are the same. Orange label. Bought mine three years ago from a dealer. I am sure I read a thread on here about some American dealer knocking out reissues about the time I bought mine. Dont like the thought but would like to know if mine is legit.

Pat

Bought mine about the same time Pat & have similar reservations, I had hoped these were wrong as they seem to have dried up a little & price seems to be going up a little on odd ones I have seen for sale too............mmmmmmmmmm we'll see.

Russ

Social source share

im not sure the score on these.

one thing i do remember is,when i was looking for it a few year back.

i seen the guy who had a few copies & it said they had a slight storage warp.

could this mean they had been in storage,surley new copies wouldnt have this.

just a thot.

Social source share

Pat

The american seller who had quantities on F. Hymes (Rich Rosen? or at least seller was from Las Vegas) had originals and reissues of quite a few other titles for sale at the very same time. As far as I remember all F. Hymes copies were genuine but folks were a bit worried about that back then. Anyone confirm?

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

LRSV - ST - 4526 A

LRSV - ST - 4526 B

These are scratched in.

mines the same as this as well

which makes me think..........

it was once a £1000 record and rare, and yet the ones mentioned on here are all the same,

i think we may all be sitting on re-presses :thumbsup:

i was told once that the re-presses are made of thinner vinyl and strong light can be seen through the thiness of the vinyl

which you cant with mine..so fingers crossed

mr manship ?

Social source share

I'm sure John will confirm this when he's back on the site....a couple of months ago I sent John my copy of this so he could compare it to the 'original' one, he confirmed that they are identical.

Adam.

Social source share

I'm sure John will confirm this when he's back on the site....a couple of months ago I sent John my copy of this so he could compare it to the 'original' one, he confirmed that they are identical.

Adam.

did he confirm just the deadwax or also the label and vinyl?

I didn't really believe that these were represses but last weekend I heard a story about the same people in question repressing a rare doowop record by getting ahold of the original stampers and trying to pass them off as original. I heard Val Shively got a copy and compared it to his original and saw a difference in the vinyl quality and label color and declared them to be represses. I guess while these might be originals, they could also be boots given that the seller might have had access to the stampers given that the record is also from Las Vegas. I would like to know how the frederick hymes actually compared to the confirmed originals.

Either way, I don't really feel ripped off having paid $150 for the "newer" copies, even if it turns out to be a repress it still should be worth at least that much given that all are gone, the demand, etc. It's not like other people paid less.

Social source share

did he confirm just the deadwax or also the label and vinyl?

I didn't really believe that these were represses but last weekend I heard a story about the same people in question repressing a rare doowop record by getting ahold of the original stampers and trying to pass them off as original. I heard Val Shively got a copy and compared it to his original and saw a difference in the vinyl quality and label color and declared them to be represses. I guess while these might be originals, they could also be boots given that the seller might have had access to the stampers given that the record is also from Las Vegas. I would like to know how the frederick hymes actually compared to the confirmed originals.

Either way, I don't really feel ripped off having paid $150 for the "newer" copies, even if it turns out to be a repress it still should be worth at least that much given that all are gone, the demand, etc. It's not like other people paid less.

Hi Bob,

I sent John my copy so he cold put it next to the 'original' and compare. When he sent mine back I asked what conclusion he had reached and he told me they were identical. Knowing John he would have looked at everything vinyl, labels, matrix etc. Hopefully he'll come back on this thread and share the info.

Adam.

Social source share

Hi Bob,

I sent John my copy so he cold put it next to the 'original' and compare. When he sent mine back I asked what conclusion he had reached and he told me they were identical. Knowing John he would have looked at everything vinyl, labels, matrix etc. Hopefully he'll come back on this thread and share the info.

Adam.

That's even better then ... I would be even happier to have a true original.

Social source share

Guest Fabsoul69

The questions raising from this are:

Has anyone bought a Hymes repress as original pressing from manship or other dealers? And were those dealers aware of the fact that they´ve been selling represses???

LRSV - ST - 4526 A

LRSV - ST - 4526 B

These are scratched in.

mines the same as this as well

which makes me think..........

it was once a £1000 record and rare, and yet the ones mentioned on here are all the same,

i think we may all be sitting on re-presses :D

i was told once that the re-presses are made of thinner vinyl and strong light can be seen through the thiness of the vinyl

which you cant with mine..so fingers crossed

mr manship ?

Social source share

The questions raising from this are:

Has anyone bought a Hymes repress as original pressing from manship or other dealers? And were those dealers aware of the fact that they´ve been selling represses???

If you look at my previous posts, they are not represses.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert