Ian Levine Productions And Songs

I AM USING CAPITALS MERELY TO DISTINGUISH THE ANSWERS FRROM THE QUESTIONS. NO OTHER REASON HERE.

what made you decide to manufacture a product based on soul music.

I WAS MORTIFIED AT THE CHEAP DROSS SIMON SOUSSAN WAS DOING IN 1974 AND VOWED I COULD DO BETTER.

THE FLOORSHAKERS, THE BOMBSHELLS, THE STOMPERS, ALL THOSE DIRE INSTRUMENTALS SOUNDING LIKE THEY WERE RECORDED ON A KAZOO. THEN THE ULTIMATE INSULT - THE SHARONETTES.

SO I WENT TO MY FRIENDS, THE EXCITERS, AND SAID LETS MAKE A REAL NEW NORTHERN SOUL RECORD, NOT SOME CHEAP IMITATION OF ONE, AND WE RECORDED "REACHING FOR THE BEST" IN FEBRUARY 1975 IN NEW YORK.

THEN, BITTEN BY THE BUG, I TEAMED UP WITH DANNY LEAKE, WHO I HAD MET IN 1974, WITH 100% PURE POISON, AND WENT TO CHICAGO AND SIGNED EVELYN THOMAS, BARBARA PENNINGTON, AND L.J. JOHNSON, IN JULY 1975.

THEN IN DECEMBER 1975 WE WENT TO NEW JERSEY ( ME AND CRAIG BAGULEY) AND I CO-PRODUCED, WITH HERB ROONEY, THE ENTIRE EXCITERS ALBUM, PLUS TWO SONGS EACH ON DORIS JONES, TYRONE ASHLEY, AND CAROL WOODS.

BY THE END OF MY FIRST YEAR OF PRODUCING, 1975, I HAD ALREADY WRITTEN AND RECORDED TWENTY SONGS.

Once you made the decision how did you learn the skills?

I TAUGHT MYSELF.

SKILL COMES WITH PRACTICE, AND OVER 34 YEARS I HAVE HAD PLENTY.

MY ORIGINAL LYRICS MAKE ME CRINGE, ALTHOUGH THEY DID HAVE A CERTAIN NAIVITY IN PLACES.

SIMILARLY MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE BACK IN 1975 ABOUT CHORDS.

FOR EXAMPLE I HAD WRITTEN "HEADING DOWN FOOLS ROAD" ALL IN MY HEAD, AND HERB ROONEY PLAYED IT OUT ON THE PIANO, BUT HE DID SO WITH VERY EARTHY STRAIGHT DULL CHORDS, LIKE THOSE USED IN A STAX RECORD. I KNEW IT WAS ALL WRONG BUT I COULDN'T EXPLAIN TO HIM WHY IT WAS WRONG. I HEARD IT ALL WITH MOTOWNESQUE CHORDS IN MY HEAD, RATHER WISTFUL AND SWEET, LIKE THE CHORD STRUCTURE OF "MORE LOVE", OR "TEARS OF A CLOWN", BUT DIDN'T KNOW BACK THEN HOW TO EXPLAIN OR EXPRESS MYSELF MUSICALLY.

Do you write music and lyrics?

BOTH. AFTER 34 YEARS I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. IF I DIDN'T BY NOW, I'D BE IN TROUBLE.

If so did you learn to write music after you decided to produce?

YES.

I STILL DON'T WRITE ACTUAL NOTES OUT, BUT I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MINOR SEVENTH AND AN AUGMENTED THIRTEENTH.

PLUS I HAVE A GRASP OF MELODY STRUCTURE, AND AN ABILITY TO WORK OUT BACKGROUND HARMONIES, WHICH I'M VERY PROUD OF.

I LEARNED MY CRAFT FOR BACKING VOCALS FROM BILLY GRIFFIN AND PAT LEWIS IN PARTICULAR.

AND MY BIGGEST INFLUENCE FOR WRITING MELODIES WAS THE HUGE AMOUNT OF WORK I DID WITH THE INESTIMABLE AND WONDERFUL SYLVIA MOY.

Do you play any instruments?

VERY VERY VERY BAD BASIC PIANO, JUST TO WORK OUT CHORDS - BUT CLIVE SCOTT IS LIKE MY EMPATHIC LINK.

HE KNOWS WHAT I WANT, HE KNOWS WHEN I SAY "CHANGE THAT CHORD, THERE" EXACTLY WHAT I WANT IT CHANGING TO, AND AFTER WORKING WITH ME FOR SIXTEEN YEARS, HE GETS IT INSTANTLY RIGHT FOR ME, NINETEEN TIMES OUT OF TWENTY.

How did you learn about chord structure, bridging, pitch, tone, and the other associated subjects?

BY STUDYING ALL THE NORTHERN SOUL CLASSICS. A RECORD LIKE THE CHARADES MAY SOUND MUDDY AND UNCLEAR, AND CHEAPLY RECORDED IN SOME LITTLE MONO STUDIO, BUT YET IT HAS THE DEEPEST RICHEST AND MOST MOODY CHORD STRUCTURE OF ANY SONG THAT I HAVE EVER ANALYSED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, AND IF I HAD TO PICK ONE SINGLE SONG WHOSE CHORD STRUCTURE HAS BEEN MY BIGGEST INFLUENCE THROUGHOUT MY ENTIRE 34 YEAR CAREER, THEN "KEY TO MY HAPPINESS" IS SO FAR AND ABOVE AND OBVIOUSLY THE MAIN ONE, THAT EVERYTHING ELSE PALES INTO INSIGNIFICANCE NEXT TO ITS RELEVANCE IN MY LIFE AND CAREER.

Lot of questions there I know but they're all really tied together.

I HOPE I HAVE ANSWERED THEM AS FULLY AS I CAN.

SORRY IT TOOK A COUPLE OF DAYS, BUT IT REQUIRED PATIENCE AND TIME TO EXPLAIN STUFF.

Great Q's Dave!. I know its probably been said before but it would be great if you wrote a book about all this Ian. I'm sure it would be a great inspiration to students just starting out in the business too.

Jayne.x

Social source share

• Replies 1.1k
  • Views 71.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

that is a totally different charades group, I actually have talked to a member of that group, they have an ok funk record called "corruption". No connection to the MGM group.

Hi Bob/Ian,

Was Cuba Gooding a member of the Charades on MGM?

I have something niggling in the back of my mind that he may hold the answer.

Social source share

I've heard that Venicia Wilson, what seems like a million times too. You need to start coming out more up here.

Jayne.x

Venicia still gets played everywhere. Not in the purist clubs but everwhere that plays general Northern Soul free of bias and taint.

Simon is indeed closeted away from these kind of places - places where people like Sean Chapman do nights, playing general Northern Soul, not just collectors records.

Social source share

Hi Bob/Ian,

Was Cuba Gooding a member of the Charades on MGM?

I have something niggling in the back of my mind that he may hold the answer.

maybe, I would definitely get in contact with Cuba Gooding or some of the pre-Cuba main ingredient members, I think they hold the key. Tony Rounce posted the tracklist of some Main Ingredient reissue here once and it included some versions of Charades songs. Also, if you listen to "Never set me free" on MGM (my favorite Charades song) it sounds exactly like Cuba Gooding.

Social source share

maybe, I would definitely get in contact with Cuba Gooding or some of the pre-Cuba main ingredient members, I think they hold the key. Tony Rounce posted the tracklist of some Main Ingredient reissue here once and it included some versions of Charades songs. Also, if you listen to "Never set me free" on MGM (my favorite Charades song) it sounds exactly like Cuba Gooding.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/rare-northern...t-me-free-mgm-0

Social source share

Dean told us that his friend Cuba Gooding Sr was a member of a group that he helped get signed to MGM. When I mentioned The Charades he recognised the name. It seems to all fit with Cuba then joining The Main Ingredient and the Charades songbook being used. Maybe Tony has more info?

Social source share

I've contacted Mr Gooding and put a few other feelers out. Let's see what falls out of it. Now wouldn't that be something.......Charades blasting "Key to My Happiness" live on stage!!

seems unlikely given his success with his much bigger group. sort of like asking frankie beverly to do because of my heart. it would be expensive at least.

Social source share

I know Ian gets a lot of stick on here but I feel I have to say my bit, I think it was one of the threads in November where I asked Ian his favourite Records and how many records he still had , he replied with a list of great records and the fact that he had rather a lot of vinyl (80,000 Singles i think ) I (tongue in cheek ) asked he fancied doing me a 'SOUL PACK' , well he pm'd me and offered me 300 records for 300 quid + 30 carriage and I snapped his

hand off. He promised me loads of Obscure stuff and plenty of 20/30 quid records , well they arrived before christmas and I would just like to say

it's the best 300 quid i've ever spent , loads of 60's/70's Obscure/ Northern/modern/Funk/Sweet/ and a few British (Cameo Parkway/Black Atlantic/Pye (Yelow/Red) Soul as described and I could pick out 10 Records now that I could flog for the 300 quid I spent , so what I'm saying is that 'the man did me

good' and i really appreciate that and if any of you need to add to your collections have a word with him 'cause I know he's got plenty to sell !

Thanks again Ian , nice one!! :thumbsup:

Saving up for my next pack as we speak

Social source share

No it's for artistic achievement.

Whatever they may say, and however much criticism they may hurl at me, when I created something as beautiful as the record I give you here as an example, a song which I wrote with the most wonderful Sylvia Moy, no amount of criticism will ever tarnish my pride in it.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Edited by Soultime Promotions
Social source share

I've contacted Mr Gooding and put a few other feelers out. Let's see what falls out of it. Now wouldn't that be something.......Charades blasting "Key to My Happiness" live on stage!!

Or on YouTube ......

Social source share

seems unlikely given his success with his much bigger group. sort of like asking frankie beverly to do because of my heart. it would be expensive at least.

I asked him to do "If That's What You Wanted" for SWONS. He didn't want to, but he did get interviewed for it, and he is on the DVDs.

Social source share

I know Ian gets a lot of stick on here but I feel I have to say my bit, I think it was one of the threads in November where I asked Ian his favourite Records and how many records he still had , he replied with a list of great records and the fact that he had rather a lot of vinyl (80,000 Singles i think ) I (tongue in cheek ) asked he fancied doing me a 'SOUL PACK' , well he pm'd me and offered me 300 records for 300 quid + 30 carriage and I snapped his

hand off. He promised me loads of Obscure stuff and plenty of 20/30 quid records , well they arrived before christmas and I would just like to say

it's the best 300 quid i've ever spent , loads of 60's/70's Obscure/ Northern/modern/Funk/Sweet/ and a few British (Cameo Parkway/Black Atlantic/Pye (Yelow/Red) Soul as described and I could pick out 10 Records now that I could flog for the 300 quid I spent , so what I'm saying is that 'the man did me

good' and i really appreciate that and if any of you need to add to your collections have a word with him 'cause I know he's got plenty to sell !

Thanks again Ian , nice one!! thumbup.gif

Saving up for my next pack as we speak

Thankyou for your kind words.

Yes I have eighty thousand assorted singles left, with many duplicates as I had bought up some large bulk collections years ago. Mainly from St. Louis.

I am happy to do anyone else the same deal.

300 records will be a complete across the board mix of 60s, 70s and 80s.

Two thirds US labels, one third UK, but including some good sixties UK labels.

Some very rare obscure tiny little labels, but some classic soul too.

Lots and lots of twenty quiders in there, but the odd Gladys Knight or Chi-Lites too.

But mostly, nothing worth less than a fiver.

300 all different for £300, no duplication. Postage comes to about £35 though, unless you want to collect them.

Swifty will vouch for this. I promise they'll be worth a grand if they were priced individually, but happy to do this for any GENUINE collectors who want some decent stuff for their collection. Just don't expect The Larue or The Charades to be in there.

Genuine collectors only please, and only job lots of 300.

Social source share

I particularly enjoyed the care that went into the video on this one. Making the writing go backwards on the sweatshirt and headphones was a great plan when making it look like two camera's were used. Maybe a plain shirt and a pair of beyers would have done the trick.

That's just vicious and unfair. The man is dead. The video was filmed in one take with an old VHS camera twenty years ago, and if we hadn't done some clever editing and flipping the picture, would have looked dull and boring as hell.

If we'd shot it last week I'd accept your criticism, but as it was all there was, and was twenty years old, and was the only visual representation of him singing this song, I think your vitriol is unneccessary and disrespectful of a truly wonderful artist who's no longer with us.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

That's just vicious and unfair. The man is dead. The video was filmed in one take with an old VHS camera twenty years ago, and if we hadn't done some clever editing and flipping the picture, would have looked dull and boring as hell.

If we'd shot it last week I'd accept your criticism, but as it was all there was, and was twenty years old, and was the only visual representation of him singing this song, I think your vitriol is unneccessary and disrespectful of a truly wonderful artist who's no longer with us.

Nah, it's not disrespectful of the artist at all. He just thinks it's a rubbish video, in his humble opinion.

Now where is this new "best ever northern soul" track you've put together? And what are you going to do with those 400 unknown great northern soul records you say you have in your hot box? It would be amazing if you could post up some sound files? It would be fantastic of you could start new threads to discuss those...

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

And what are you going to do with those 400 unknown great northern soul records you say you have in your hot box? It would be amazing if you could post up some sound files?

What would be more amazing and interesting would be if you and Ian posted up one at a time 400 records that you have both discovered/played first/or made big on the scene - sort of 'head to head' - I'm sure once you get to 400 you could start again

Mike

Social source share

What would be more amazing and interesting would be if you and Ian posted up one at a time 400 records that you have both discovered/played first/or made big on the scene - sort of 'head to head' - I'm sure once you get to 400 you could start again

Mike

Mike,

How about a handicap Ian can list 400 - James 4

Should give James a sporting chance or would it?

Derek

Social source share

sorry if you didnt like the criticism of the video.

it wasnt disrespect for the artist, just as your steve brookstein track earlier in the thread wasnt disrespect to 'a lil loving sometimes' which is what the backing track samples consisted of.

Nor i guess is it disrespectful to the funk brothers for using the drum stings from 'this old heart of mine' and 'the same old song' about 360 times in your new 200 norhtern soul box set. How many times exactly were those drum stings used and did you pay for them? I know i got sick of hearing them on the first two dvd's. over and over again, same old same old.

Glass houses and stones so they say.

Edited by Soultime Promotions
Social source share

Mike,

How about a handicap Ian can list 400 - James 4

Should give James a sporting chance or would it?

Derek

========

isnt that james' problem here JEALOUSY

i cant think of any other reason..other than to be really annoying or trying to wind ian up to get another thread closed

ian DONT rise to any bait!!

Edited by wiganer1
Social source share

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I could try and do four thousand actually. laugh.gif

Social source share

ian DONT rise to any bait!!

I won't Mark. I faithfully promise.

There are two people now on here who I won't answer under any circumstances.

They could dance naked down my street snogging each other, and I would STILL ignore them both.

I will not rise to the bait this time. They can carry on being rude and vile and loathsome and insulting to their heart's content, but neither of them is going to get a murmur back from me now.

Social source share

Ian

can you drop this repeated "not going to reply"

if you are going to ignore a member thats your choice, however by repeating that you are doing such is just adding fuel to the fire

ask use the "ignore" feature and leave it at that

James

repeated posts asking the same question are not needed or wanted

ask drop it

any concerns with the above post them in feedback

goodnight

mike

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

wasn't the cautions "no other way" the first record off shrine to be played.certaily heard it b4 richard played eddie day.in fact sam lent it to me with a view to me buying it around 78.

The Cairos came from Rob Smiths Shop

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

========

isnt that james' problem here JEALOUSY

For it to be Jealousy Mark there would have to be some kind of rivalry ? Which would suggest that the guy is competing with IL , I dont think so.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Ian, why do you think it is that none of your productions get played out in the clubs or on the radio by any DJs while other new productions such as Daptone, Timmion and Kings Go Forth get plenty of spins?

Social source share

Ian, why do you think it is that none of your productions get played out in the clubs or on the radio by any DJs while other new productions such as Daptone, Timmion and Kings Go Forth get plenty of spins?

childish, pathetic & inaccurate.

Social source share

Same old 'Queen of Fools', 'butternut', indulgent, self perpetuating, post menopausal, ego massaging, trite, purile, marketing rubbish. :P James has actually asked pertinent questions. The fact that this is an 'open' forum, means that, by selecting individuals (who challenge your caesar syndrome :) ) and refusing to answer their questions, you are breaking the RULES of the forum. I guess if a third or fourth or fourteenth person came on to ask questions that didnt agree with you self inflated ego, your list would grow? McCarthy comes to mind!

Now i see this thread has become a record SALES site 300 for £300 or whatever 'petticoat lane' type 'soul barrow 'deal you are offering! rolleyes.gifSHOULDN'T THAT BE IN SALES MIKE?.

As ever this thread has turned into selling something....although it was always aimed at selling the 'myth' that was (not is) Levine. It is now a record sales thread?

Funny how when Levine starts a thread, a host of previously unheard or quiet members (lets call them cronies for now) start appearing and posting. Almost as if it was a planned assault on the site.

Anyway, Im hoping that I AM one of the ones that 'BIG L' is refusing to answer. His previous efforts were so far short of any intellect or fact, it would surely be a waste of time. I cant bear the 'hissy' fits! :wicked:

Ill keep watching the thread for the record sales, Im sure they will appear again.

As for Ian discovering 400/4000 whatever. He played a lot of stuff first, but only becauase he was one of the few with the wealth to travel to the USA and grab all that stuff. As i have said before, discovering and 'breakin' tunes are two very different things. Ian tended to go for the 'ego' based 'I played it first' approach and move on, very, very quickly. almost like someone on a 'food' binge! Barely tasting what was there!.....eventually moving on to pure 'pop'. Pure sugar!

Whilst the scene DID carry on without him. It didn't miss him for even a micro second! He DID miss that whole VERY IMPORTANT period, he was f--k all to do with it and no amount of trying to remind us of his 'past contribution' can make up for that. He was making pop records and people on the scene were finding, breaking and dancing to 'soul' records. :hypo:

Has beens are so boring. Why not bring out a big 'FAT' book Ian. Or are you doing that and this is to wet the appetites of the desperate? Or, better still, just put a link to your web site and do it on there?

Social source share

Thankyou for your kind words.

Yes I have eighty thousand assorted singles left, with many duplicates as I had bought up some large bulk collections years ago. Mainly from St. Louis.

I am happy to do anyone else the same deal.

300 records will be a complete across the board mix of 60s, 70s and 80s.

Two thirds US labels, one third UK, but including some good sixties UK labels.

Some very rare obscure tiny little labels, but some classic soul too.

Lots and lots of twenty quiders in there, but the odd Gladys Knight or Chi-Lites too.

But mostly, nothing worth less than a fiver.

300 all different for £300, no duplication. Postage comes to about £35 though, unless you want to collect them.

Swifty will vouch for this. I promise they'll be worth a grand if they were priced individually, but happy to do this for any GENUINE collectors who want some decent stuff for their collection. Just don't expect The Larue or The Charades to be in there.

Genuine collectors only please, and only job lots of 300.

Anybody else want to have one of my 300 record job lots, before I start sorting them all out ???

It's gonna take time, so I'd rather not keep starting all over again.

Social source share

childish, pathetic & inaccurate.

I just find it amusing that the same three or four people make the most noise and shout the loudest, when I get hundreds of PMs from proper Soul Source members telling me to ignore them.

There's nowt so queer as folk.

Social source share

Wow Simon, I'm surprised! but then I remember, you don't live in the north west do you?. I've not heard the four vandals for a while but everyone round here was fighting to play it when it first became available.

I've heard that Venicia Wilson, what seems like a million times too. You need to start coming out more up here. smile.gif

Jayne.x

Maybe one day Jayne, it's a bit of a track up to the north west though, i certainly wouldn't travel that far just to hear FV & VW though.

Simon

Social source share

Same old 'Queen of Fools', 'butternut', indulgent, self perpetuating, post menopausal, ego massaging, trite, purile, marketing rubbish. :P James has actually asked pertinent questions. The fact that this is an 'open' forum, means that, by selecting individuals (who challenge your caesar syndrome :) ) and refusing to answer their questions, you are breaking the RULES of the forum. I guess if a third or fourth or fourteenth person came on to ask questions that didnt agree with you self inflated ego, your list would grow? McCarthy comes to mind!

Now i see this thread has become a record SALES site 300 for £300 or whatever 'petticoat lane' type 'soul barrow 'deal you are offering! rolleyes.gifSHOULDN'T THAT BE IN SALES MIKE?.

As ever this thread has turned into selling something....although it was always aimed at selling the 'myth' that was (not is) Levine. It is now a record sales thread?

Funny how when Levine starts a thread, a host of previously unheard or quiet members (lets call them cronies for now) start appearing and posting. Almost as if it was a planned assault on the site.

Anyway, Im hoping that I AM one of the ones that 'BIG L' is refusing to answer. His previous efforts were so far short of any intellect or fact, it would surely be a waste of time. I cant bear the 'hissy' fits! :wicked:

Ill keep watching the thread for the record sales, Im sure they will appear again.

As for Ian discovering 400/4000 whatever. He played a lot of stuff first, but only becauase he was one of the few with the wealth to travel to the USA and grab all that stuff. As i have said before, discovering and 'breakin' tunes are two very different things. Ian tended to go for the 'ego' based 'I played it first' approach and move on, very, very quickly. almost like someone on a 'food' binge! Barely tasting what was there!.....eventually moving on to pure 'pop'. Pure sugar!

Whilst the scene DID carry on without him. It didn't miss him for even a micro second! He DID miss that whole VERY IMPORTANT period, he was f--k all to do with it and no amount of trying to remind us of his 'past contribution' can make up for that. He was making pop records and people on the scene were finding, breaking and dancing to 'soul' records. :hypo:

Has beens are so boring. Why not bring out a big 'FAT' book Ian. Or are you doing that and this is to wet the appetites of the desperate? Or, better still, just put a link to your web site and do it on there?

You're obsessed.

Social source share

kings forth imo is mediocre

I've tried to like it, but it's cheap, messy, turgid, and substandard, and would have stood as much chance of getting played by ME at Blackpool Mecca as Mairzy Doats by The Innocence.

Social source share

======

and i wouldnt go down south to hear the three tunes james was on about either

I agree KGF isn't that amazing, it's ok imho.

There's a lot more to James than just those 3 tunes though, Soul Revolution for instance has a superb atmosphere & there's some real cutting edge stuff played, i think you'd enjoy it Mark.

Simon

Social source share

Maybe one day Jayne, it's a bit of a track up to the north west though, i certainly wouldn't travel that far just to hear FV & VW though.

Simon

Sometimes you can be quite unwittingly funny.

Social source share

Soul Revolution for instance has a superb atmosphere & there's some real cutting edge stuff played, i think you'd enjoy it Mark.

I've known Mark for many years, and I'm not so sure you're correct here at all, Simon.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

======

and i wouldnt go down south to hear the three tunes james was on about either

Ok, so if a tune you believe to be mediocre is given a lot of spins and gains popularity why are Ian Levine's productions not played and are not popular?

What do folk think the answer to this question says about Ian's productions and the scene they are not played on?

Social source share

this is getting well boring

Paul

your personal insults are not needed or wanted

any more and will take action

if cant post without going down that road then dont post

James

taking it members got you on ignore, any more q's to him are a waste of time

and so will be taken as deliberate sh* stirring

same as any more abuse of the complaints system

Social source share

I've known Mark for many years, and I'm not so sure you're correct here at all, Simon.

So have i Ian, think Mark's just got a bee in his bonnet with James' questioning of your musical output.

At the end of the day we all like & that includes Mark, a club that plays good tunes with a good atmosphere, i'm sure you'd enjoy it also Ian.

Simon

Social source share

Paul,

Are you aware of how you 'sound'? You are the epitome of exactly what you are describing! The only thing missing from the picture is a foaming mouth! If Ian's contribution to this site isn't to your liking then do the right thing and leave it alone for people who aren't obsessed with the 'status' of people, DJs, venues, and the other gubbins that many 'fans' seem to thrive on. There are people who are interested in Ian's involvement with artists, myself included. Can't you just leave us to it? We don't need your 'protection', we don't need your 'version of events', some of also lived the same events as you, you're not the only one with a memory you know.

I'd ask James T to do the same. There's nothing to be gained from both your involvement in the thread except dispruption and the whole ethos of the site is "enjoyment". You are ruining the enjoyment of this thread and that is also "BREAKING THE RULES". Be men about it and just walk away. You'd have more people respect you for doing that than all the hystryonics you display whenever Levine's name appears in a thread.

I've been called sycophantic and now been called a cronie on here within the last 24 hours. Both by people who don't know me and all because I have an interest in the people who created music. It's not the best way to portray yourselves as "soul fans" is it?"

I don't know who has the biggest ego you or Ian.

Social source share

this is getting well boring

Paul

your personal insults are not needed or wanted

any more and will take action

if cant post without going down that road then dont post

James

taking it members got you on ignore, any more q's to him are a waste of time

and so will be taken as deliberate sh* stirring

same as any more abuse of the complaints system

thread temp on hold for 15 mins

Social source share

thread reopened

clips from forum house rules below

full can be read here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/soul-article-...rum-house-rules

We reserve the right to moderate posts which

• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
  • Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
  • Contain swear words or other language likely to offend

Respect other members

Do not insult or personally attack another member.

You do not have the right to attack someone for having an opinion other than your own.

If someone disagrees with you, they're entitled to provided they do it respectfully

What happens if you break the rules?

Your post content may be removed or edited

Minor offences may result in a simple off-board warning.

If repeated and/or felt needed a stronger official warning may be issued

If felt needed temporary bans of progressively longer durations may be used.

If it becomes clear that someone is unwilling to use our site within the terms of use (that all agree to ) then the account may be closed.

We close accounts only as a last resort to protect the forums.

anything to say on above - do it in feedback

Social source share