Ncs Manchester Allnighter

Guest Chris Waterman

Guest Chris Waterman

Always enjoyed the original New Century Niters, one of my fave venues of the last 25 years.

Going bi-monthly? is the idea to have the alternative months to Lifeline ?

What is the likely capacity of each room ?

best of luck with your new venture Chris & Marcelle. Glad you've got Steve T aboard, doesn't get the credit he deserves as a niter dj, imho.

Hi John

Yes going bi-monthly was to run alternative to Lifeline, not to try and duplicate what they do at Brookfields as we will have across the board music policy at Radcliffe in the main hall as it holds 300/350 the small hall(R&B) holds 80/100 and the Charter room holds 40/50 along with the foyer the whole venue can take approx 500,

post-900-1244058665_thumb.jpg

Just right for a Manchester niter. NCS had always run on the last Saturday of the month in Manchester, so it made sense to drop back in to that slot.

Thanks for you good wishes and hope to see you out and about soon

Chris W

• Replies 223
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Chris Waterman

Go to the Hideaway first and I will drag you with me :P:lol:

Agree the R&B room should be fantastic thumbup.gif

Thought I should post this up now, as we will be on the same night as the Hideaway from Jan, the R&B room will open at 10pm and anyone who supports the Hideaway on the night will only be charged £5 for the niter, will contact the guys at The Hideaway nearer the time and sort some sort of voucher out.

That offer is open to any soul night that is on the same night as the NCS Manchester Allnighter

Chris W

Guest ruppy

Good Luck on the new venture Lads,Chris will you be back in those ex slimline Marti Hopkirk suits? or the new XL shirt image

Till August

B Good

Mick H

Guest dundeedavie

Okay. But it'll depend on who's on at the Hideaway that night. :smile:

isn't january traditionally the lovely Ted and Marvellous Nashee ?

Guest dundeedavie

Hi Davie,

Aren't we talking about August?

I'd better go re-read the initial posting.

Denbo.

no augusts is the week after the hideaway weekender (i'll be there on the friday night )

Hi Davie,

Aren't we talking about August?

I'd better go re-read the initial posting.

Denbo.

Yea I thought it was August as well

But a fiver off mate, thought that would definately convince a tight scouser like you !!!!! :laugh:

isn't january traditionally the lovely Ted and Marvellous Nashee ?

Aah, got it now. You're talking about the bi-monthly in 2010, starting with last Saturday in January.

I was thinking about the first one on 1st August this year.

4 really if you include the Tower Bar room. That would work nicely as Carms chill out area, you can sit, chill and hear yourselves talk..

(And it's about ten big steps to the bar too) yes.gif

Jayne.x

Sounds better by the minute Jayne , ice cold guiness on tap ? :boxing:

Love the idea we could pop in the hideaway before too, now that means I could also slip in a nice meal in town too... oh yes this is coming along nicely wink.gif how civilized

Guest Chris Waterman

QUOTE (ruppy @ Jun 3 09, 09:10 PM) post_snapback.gifGood Luck on the new venture Lads,Chris will you be back in those ex slimline Marti Hopkirk suits? or the new XL shirt image

Till August

B Good

Mick H

Not only me thinking that then Mick laugh.gif:D ....

Well, we're waiting for your reply Chris wicked.gif:boxing: ....

So you think I have put on a few pounds do you?

I will not come on to an open forum and discuss any weight issues I may or may not have, that is between me and Greggs.

I am a long way off asking to loan a XXXL check shirt of you Mr Heffernan

Get in!! Great to hear Mancunia has a nighter back as Little Stevie say's its a Metro ride there and back..MAGIC!..

I'm there with balls on...

August 1st, thats just f****** great isnt'it, I'll be either taking you all, or bringing you all home!!!!!! :boxing:

Edited by Peter

August 1st, thats just f****** great isnt'it, I'll be either taking you all, or bringing you all home!!!!!! :lol:

Nice one Pete.. Its god to be in your safe hands... Any discounts on the metro for soul source members biggrin.gif ..

Hope you are well mate..

See you some place soon.. :boxing:

Edited by little-stevie

Sounds better by the minute Jayne , ice cold guiness on tap ? ph34r.gif

Love the idea we could pop in the hideaway before too, now that means I could also slip in a nice meal in town too... oh yes this is coming along nicely :thumbup: how civilized

I'm working on the guiness for you Ma'am. It was discussed at last weeks meeting along with getting some pear cider in too! (prefer my guiness warm with blackcurrent and port though) :lol:

Your in a great location, 15mins either way to town or radcliffe civic on the tram. Bit jealous now as I might be working that night.. :boxing:

Jayne.x

A note for anybody wishing to go to Radcliffe Allnighter on the Metrolink. From 1st August - -31st there are NO trams running into the city from Altrincham and Eccles. The trams will only be running from Victoria Station to Bury and Bury to Victoria. First tram Sunday morning is 7am from Bury, 7.05 from Radcliffe to Vic then every 12 mins. (fingers crossed)

Peter

Edited by Peter

A note for anybody wishing to go to Radcliffe Allnighter on the Metrolink. From 1st August - -31st there are NO trams running into the city from Altrincham and Eccles. The trams will only be running from Victoria Station to Bury and Bury to Victoria. First tram Sunday morning is 7am from Bury, 7.05 from Radcliffe to Vic then every 12 mins. (fingers crossed)

Peter

Hi Peter,

It's been like this for weeks now, we've been walking from victoria, down deansgate to St Peter's square and picking it up there. Is it changing again or are trams to Altrincham and Eccles still going to be going from St Peter's Square? throughout August?.

Ta

Jayne.x

Guest kid mohair

Sooooooooooo looking forward to this beauty, djing in the rnb room with probably the best in the bussiness :thumbsup: and its up north :thumbup:

Hi Peter,

It's been like this for weeks now, we've been walking from victoria, down deansgate to St Peter's square and picking it up there. Is it changing again or are trams to Altrincham and Eccles still going to be going from St Peter's Square? throughout August?.

Ta

Jayne.x

Hi Jayne,

I am sorry to say that from the 1st August there will be NO trams running on the Altrincham or Eccles line until at least 31st August. The ONLY trams that will be running are on the Bury to Victoria line. The reason for this is that the overhead power cables are being renewed on the Altrincham line and track alterations at Trafford Bar for the new depot.

The Eccles line is closing so that the new section of line can be laid from Harbour City to Media City ready for the opening of Media City June 2010.

There will be replacement Bus Services running between Victoria and Altrincham, I don't know where the Eccles replacement Buses will run to.

This link gives a better explanation of the planned August closures. https://www.metrolink.co.uk/news/news_artic...ndex.asp?id=235

All the engineering work is scheduled to finish on the 1st November 2009. :lol:

The first new tram is scheduled to arrive at the end of June and then one a month for the next six months, :D

Peter

Edited by Peter
Guest Marcelle

Hi Jayne,

I am sorry to say that from the 1st August there will be NO trams running on the Altrincham or Eccles line until at least 31st August. The ONLY trams that will be running are on the Bury to Victoria line. The reason for this is that the overhead power cables are being renewed on the Altrincham line and track alterations at Trafford Bar for the new depot.

The Eccles line is closing so that the new section of line can be laid from Harbour City to Media City ready foe the opening of Media City June 2010.

There will be replacement Bus Services running between Victoria and Altrincham, I don't know where the Eccles replacement Buses will run to.

Here is a link to the website if it is any help. www.metrolink.co.uk

All the engineering work is scheduled to finish on the 1st November 2009. :D

Peter

Awwwww Peter thank you for going to all the trouble of getting all that info together :lol:

your a sweetie xx

am already out elsewhere this night...

hope that this is a success!

will try to get along to some of the others as I actually know where Radcliffe is tongue.gif

might check this out, what kinda attendance should I expect, anyone?

I used to love that question when asked at Bury.. bit difficult to answer when you advertise pay on the door (without a crystal ball or pre-sold tickets I should expect) smile.gif

Jayne.x

Edited by Miss BurySoul

Hi Jayne,

The Eccles line is closing so that the new section of line can be laid from Harbour City to Media City ready for the opening of Media City June 2010.

This link gives a better explanation of the planned August closures. https://www.metrolink.co.uk/news/news_artic...ndex.asp?id=235

All the engineering work is scheduled to finish on the 1st November 2009. laugh.gif

The first new tram is scheduled to arrive at the end of June and then one a month for the next six months, :(

Peter

Thanks Peter,

That'll do for me, as long as Victoria to Bury keep running I'll be a happy chick. smile.gif

Jayne.x.

Guest Chris Waterman

might check this out, what kinda attendance should I expect, anyone?

Hi Geeselad

The venue holds approx 500 across three function rooms, a Bar and a foyer.

If I answer your question as a promoter then we will be packed out every event 800 without fail,

I would hope we would get 300/400 every other month,

Best

Chris W

Guest SteveC

Easy to get to by car Chris? Might even see if there's enough interest for a mini bus from down here.

Don't bother answering that - checked it out. Its easy.

Edited by SteveC
Guest Beeks

It's gonna be a bit difficult dancing with all those tables in the way :lol:

:lol: They always shove us R&B types in the broom cupboard rolleyes.gif

Guest Chris Waterman

It's gonna be a bit difficult dancing with all those tables in the way laugh.gif

I went down for a meeting and to take some video, the fella did say 'Do YOU want to move the tables and chairs'? the cheek,

Could not get in to the Charter room as there was some keep fit ladies in there and did not want them knowing thinking I was some sort of pervert with a camera

Edited by Chris Waterman

Hi All

New Century Soul are pleased to announce that we will be relaunching our MANCHESTER allnighters on the 1st of August this year at Radcliffe Civic Centre, Radcliffe, Manchester, Andy Dyson and Kev Murphy will be joining us as co-promoters and they will take care of booking DJ's and sorting the running order, we will be going bi-monthly next year and with the new team in place we hope to deliver a good value for money nighter.

flyers will be out and about in the next week or so, will post more updates in the near future

Chris W

New Century Soul

Manchester

Allnighter

Saturday 1st August 8pm till 7am

at Radcliffe Civic Hall,

Thomas Street

Radcliffe,

MANCHESTER,

M26 2UH

Main Hall

Residents Andy Dyson, Kev Murphy, Steve Thomas and guests Bob Hinsley, Chalky, Les Harrison and John Edge

Room Two

Steve 'Hoss' Watson's Rhythm & Blues Suite

DJ's Mace, Bob Morris, Mik Parry, Andy Pollard, Joe Dutton, Roser and Hoss

Going bi-monthly in 2010 always the last Saturday of the month

Saturday 30th January, 27th March, 29th May, 31st July, 25th September and 27th November

£10 OTD with a £5 refund if you wish to leave before 1am

Info Contact Chris 07737 341585 Or Via our website www.newcenturysoul.co.uk

post-900-1243709328_thumb.jpg

Great to see you back, all the very best and good luck, (not as you will need it) see you soon Tony

Guest Chris Waterman

Great to see you back, all the very best and good luck, (not as you will need it) see you soon Tony

Hi Tony

Many thanks for your best wishes, I have not forgotten our little chat before we we hosted Maximes last year, I will sort that out for you.

Chris W

HAD A MARVELLOUS WEEKEND AT CLEETHORPES WELL DONE TO THE TEAM THERE.BEING THERE WAS A IDEAL OPPERTUNITY TO SECURE THE SERVICES OF SOME OF THE PREMIER DJ'S FOR NEXT YEARS DATES INCLUDING SOUL SAM ,GINGER TAYLOR,KARL HEARD,TIMMY BROWN AND THERE'LL BE LOTS OF UP AND COMERS FEATURING TOO SO IF YOU FANCY A THROW SHOUT UP....

NO GUARENTEE'S IN THIS GAME ONLY A VERY HEALTHY FEEDBACK UP TO NOW, A FEW FOLK MENTIONED ABOUT MEMBERSHIP ETC.. 3000 PEOPLE ...ONLY JOKING -JUST SHOW UP IF YOU FANCY A GOOD OLD KNEE'S UP IN THE PERFECT SETTING.

REGARDING NAMES ON FLYER THE MYSTERY "ROSA" IS INFACT ROGER BANKS ....HOSS WAS PISSED AS A FART WHEN HE WROTE THE RHYTHMN AND BLUES ROOM LINE UP... THAT ASIDE UNDER HOSS'S SUPERVISION THAT ROOM WILL BE A DEFINATE WINNER..

MORE UPDATES TO FOLLOW.

Guest Phil Richards

HAD A MARVELLOUS WEEKEND AT CLEETHORPES WELL DONE TO THE TEAM THERE.BEING THERE WAS A IDEAL OPPERTUNITY TO SECURE THE SERVICES OF SOME OF THE PREMIER DJ'S FOR NEXT YEARS DATES INCLUDING SOUL SAM ,GINGER TAYLOR,KARL HEARD,TIMMY BROWN AND THERE'LL BE LOTS OF UP AND COMERS FEATURING TOO SO IF YOU FANCY A THROW SHOUT UP....

NO GUARENTEE'S IN THIS GAME ONLY A VERY HEALTHY FEEDBACK UP TO NOW, A FEW FOLK MENTIONED ABOUT MEMBERSHIP ETC.. 3000 PEOPLE ...ONLY JOKING -JUST SHOW UP IF YOU FANCY A GOOD OLD KNEE'S UP IN THE PERFECT SETTING.

REGARDING NAMES ON FLYER THE MYSTERY "ROSA" IS INFACT ROGER BANKS ....HOSS WAS PISSED AS A FART WHEN HE WROTE THE RHYTHMN AND BLUES ROOM LINE UP... THAT ASIDE UNDER HOSS'S SUPERVISION THAT ROOM WILL BE A DEFINATE WINNER..

MORE UPDATES TO FOLLOW.

Only 3,000 some one told me it was 28,000 laugh.gif

Edited by Phil Richards
Guest Chris Waterman

MORE UPDATES TO FOLLOW.

Just seen this, strange thing is I asked Mace about this Rosa, as I am none too familiar with the R & B scene and he swore he had, had Rosa on at Bidds and I am sure he said he was from Spain.

Ah well, you will just have to make do with Mr Banks then.

Just seen this, strange thing is I asked Mace about this Rosa, as I am none too familiar with the R & B scene and he swore he had, had Rosa on at Bidds and I am sure he said he was from Spain.

Ah well, you will just have to make do with Mr Banks then.

Chris, although I'm tempted to avoid replying to your nonsense ramblings, you gotta admit thats a pretty lame and feeble attempt at getting me to post and bump up your thread.

P.S. I've heard a rumour that the 3rd room is gonna be used as a meet and greet for all those who wanna big you up on your return to promoting...is this true?

Pussy.... wicked.gif

Guest Phil Richards

Chris, although I'm tempted to avoid replying to your nonsense ramblings, you gotta admit thats a pretty lame and feeble attempt at getting me to post and bump up your thread.

P.S. I've heard a rumour that the 3rd room is gonna be used as a meet and greet for all those who wanna big you up on your return to promoting...is this true?

Pussy.... wicked.gif

Mace is that big or beatboxing.giflaugh.gif

Source Advert