6 Million People Can't Be Wrong

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

James doesn't like Manifesto but plays "Manifesto" in his set.g.gif .biggrin.gif .

Coincidence, or something more sinister?:boxing:

I don't dislike Manifesto, but I am criticising the editing in the last issue that has allowed Levine and his cronies a soap box to unleash sycophant reviews and aggressive jingoism on the scene that has already quite clearly rejected his creations.

Social source share

• Replies 243
  • Views 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I don't dislike Manifesto, but I am criticising the editing in the last issue that has allowed Levine and his cronies a soap box to unleash sycophant reviews and aggressive jingoism on the scene that has already quite clearly rejected his creations.

This will be my one and only post on this matter.

I am logging out straight after posting it, so there will be no further reply.

I don't dislike Soul Source but I am criticising the editing that has allowed James Wool and his cronies a soap box to unleash sycophantic jingoism on the scene that has already quite clearly rejected his DJ spots.

And on that subject, I know of no other DJ in history who has been publicly fired by a promoter for vilely swearing down the microphone at his punters because they refused to dance to the substandard drivel that he was playing, resulting in a constantly empty dancefloor and bitter complaints about that DJ.

Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

Perhaps you should follow your own advice Chris, and stop going to venues that have any of your pet hate 'Rare Soul' DJs on the line-up, so you won't have to do the same.....

I think you need to translate this into English for me, which venues and which DJs ??? wanker.gif

Social source share

i grow them in my trousers.

On topic - Some folk on here want there arses kicking and there heads banging together,and wrists slapped.Followed by the cane/slipper.Then made to do P.E. in girls blue gym knickers cos they've forgot their own.Then double detention and homework.

Now,what was the question?

Yes please Headmistress !!:thumbsup:

Social source share

'Its the same old song....'

The bottom line on IAN LEVINE is the same as it always has been...He was responsible for bringing a shitload of great records to the scene and that is his major contribution. If you prefer, all the other stuff can be viewed as a sideshow. Whether you like it or not, you or any other contemporary DJ is extremely unlikely to come anywhere near unearthing a trove of sounds to match the quality of LEVINE'S original contributions. As such, why not just acknowledge that and take all this with a pinch of salt?

Surely you do not believe that there are any lifelong serious Soul fans out there who are going to be convinced by all this - unless they share his perspectives already that is....And if they do so, that is their democratic right. IAN LEVINE has been right about some things and wrong about a whole lot more but he has a right to his viewpoint, the same as the rest of us.

Wake up and smell the b*m. Don't just sniff it.

Aahh.............I suspect you're missing the point here. Playing to the gallery with the "Ian Levine" card ensures the writer of automatic "here, heres" from the AILB. Facts and figures are wafted out of the window whilst headline grabbing emotions rule. I'd rather watch Curling at the winter Olympics:whistling:

Social source share

I am criticising the editing of Soul Source that has allowed James Wool and his cronies a soap box to unleash sycophantic jingoism on the scene that has already quite clearly rejected his DJ spots.

I was right!! - You Chorley are one and the same :thumbsup:

Social source share

I was right!! - You Chorley are one and the same laugh.gif

It is a very sad fact that internet forums abound with people like you. I sincerely hope that the visual reproduction of that childish little snipe has sent you to bed with an ounce of improved self-esteem.

Of course I can assurre you that we are not one and the same, but hey enjoy the mental masturbation Godz!no.gif

Social source share

Aahh.............I suspect you're missing the point here. Playing to the gallery with the "Ian Levine" card ensures the writer of automatic "here, heres" from the AILB. Facts and figures are wafted out of the window whilst headline grabbing emotions rule. I'd rather watch Curling at the winter Olympics:whistling:

Pray clarify?

Am I right in assuming you mean the 'anti-Ian Levine brigade' with that abbreviation?

If so, no I am not missing the point at all. I fully and completely understand what TROUBLE is doing when he performs his routine and you have summed it up quite nicely.

I think it is a great shame that discussion forums on so many subjects dissolve and implode into platforms of personal hate and venom. This quite often when the members supposedly share the same passions and interests. The trouble is, its easy to attack people via a computer and there are certain types of people who thrive on doing so.

In the words of THE SPINNERS 'Its a shame'.g.gif

Social source share

Secondly, I have just noticed the alteration you made to my original text, i.e replacing the word 'coffee' with 'bum', ye gods are we all back at school on here or what? lolthumbup.gif

Social source share

Magazines tinternet forums more troble than they are worth sometimes , remember when we only had the Frank Elson collumn in B&S simpler times now we disect everything its bollocks its just a music scene thats all ffs .

James mate stop being a girl find Levine either fuck him or fight him and get it out of your system lifes far to short

Social source share

It is a very sad fact that internet forums abound with people like you. I sincerely hope that the visual reproduction of that childish little snipe has sent you to bed with an ounce of improved self-esteem.

Of course I can assurre you that we are not one and the same, but hey enjoy the mental masturbation Godz!no.gif

I know you're not the same. It was a little joke based on the fact that you both have a posting style that comes across as a bit pompous and superior. Never mind.

Not sure about you thinking about me masturbating though ohmy.gif

Guilty plea to the charge of childish humour though. Another fault of mine is that I feel the need to respond when people decide they are cleverer than everyone else. Which reminds me...

...got to address this post you made in member's feedback and it is relevant to this topic, given that you're throwing about the word discrimination:

AsI said, I respect your position. However, I still maintain the vast majority of people in the UK do not understand the meaning of 'indeliberate' discrimination.

Wow! You're smarter than most of the UK!!!

I have to say that I'm with the remainder of the UK - and my job revolves around anti-discriminatory / anti-oppressive practice. I know what 'indirect discrimination' means: for instance if you advertise a job by leafleting but omit the estate where there's a significant black population. You're not directly discriminating by not hiring a black applicant who can do the job, you're discriminating indirectly by making it harder for that applicant to find out about the job.

As for 'indeliberate discrimination', a brief search yielded only a single academic reference - and doesn't mean what you think it does wink.gif

I also understand that someone can cause offence through ignorance for example, although that's different to discrimination. However, you are suggesting Trouble was consciously acting in a discriminatory fashion.

The laws in this country protect people against 'deliberate' discrimination or crucially 'indeliberate'. Take a bit of advice. When you are going to attack somebody learn to cover your own back.

I think you need to a bit more explicit and quote the bit of law which says what you claim it does :unsure:

Social source share

Now that is one of the best lines i´ve read for ages!

Steve

And on topic really, unlike the latest resumption of hostilities.whistling.gif

This is all about the soul and despite the hysterical language, JT does have something of a point. Also, following the outbreak of sarcasm earlier, which added nothing to the debate, I do notice that no one has challenged Paul -S about his comments regarding legal action.

Anyway, whats Troubles real name?

Social source share

I think it is a great shame that discussion forums on so many subjects dissolve and implode into platforms of personal hate and venom.

Richard I think this needs to be put into prospective, it's not about HATE, it's just f*cking banter, it's a knockabout argument that doesn't mean anything 99% of the time - I mean how many "straighteners" have been arranged due to arguments on Soul Source? laugh.gif

I don't think there's anyone on here who I've had a run in with - and there have been hundreds - that I wouldn't share a pint with, and often do. So honestly, I think this is all being taken too seriously. Except for James and Ian, they hate each other with venom. :unsure:

Social source share

I don't dislike Soul Source but I am criticising the editing that has allowed James Wool and his cronies a soap box to unleash sycophantic jingoism on the scene that has already quite clearly rejected his DJ spots.

And on that subject, I know of no other DJ in history who has been publicly fired by a promoter for vilely swearing down the microphone at his punters because they refused to dance to the substandard drivel that he was playing, resulting in a constantly empty dancefloor and bitter complaints about that DJ.

========

so why is kev putting james on at stoke then ian???

confused of nuneaton...

Social source share

"I don't think there's anyone on here who I've had a run in with - and there have been hundreds - that I wouldn't share a pint with, and often do. So honestly, I think this is all being taken too seriously. Except for James and Ian, they hate each other with venom. "

I'm saying we get them to have a manly wrestle in a mud pit at the next big allnighter to sort this all out. Anyone with me? tumbleweed3.gif

Social source share

We reserve the right to moderate posts which

• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
  • Are considered to be 'spam', that is posts containing the same. or similar, message posted multiple times
  • Are considered to be off-topic for the particular soul source forum

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

• Are considered to be 'spam', that is posts containing the same. or similar, message posted multiple times

Off topic? WTF!!!!! Spam? How the fck????? Offensive? HAHAHAHAHHAAHA It is a direct response to his post!!!!!!!!!!! Have you read what he wrote? Why not delete Wiganers post then?

How is a pic of Levine on the phone and "What do you mean he's DJing at Kings Hall? Duh!!!!" in direct response to his post considered against forum rules?

Sorry Mike. You've got it wrong.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Except for James and Ian, they hate each other with venom. :smile:

I don't think even they have met in public though Pete, i'm sure when they do it'll be all hugs and tears... :thumbup:

You're 100% right though t'internet isn't the same as real life.

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Yeah mate...

And guess who is sending one word insult PM'S to people (from behind THE PM CURTAIN, behind a computer screen???? Go on, guess who...LOL:no:

I think it is very clear as to why there is discord on this particular thread. When something is started in a spirit of hatred, it very rarely progresses into a positive atmosphere.

Whilst JAMES might have a semblance of a point, it is clearly buried within a personal hatred and agenda. Being that this crap revolves around somebody who has been doing the same things basically for over 30 years, it seems rather pointless. The idea that somebody as headstrong as IAN LEVINE is ever going to change his beliefs or practises, right or wrong, because somebody like JAMES TROUBLE attacks him is laughable in the extreme. Secondly, the sniping at 'Manifesto' seems spiteful and over the top. If people think they can do better, it's a free country and they can always start up their own magazine....

Then again, it is always far easier to snipe from the sidelines.

Maybe someone should start a magazine up that people can add whatever they want to say. i think the reason for a no swearing policy is that search engines cannot open the content of this site then, with fire wall settings usually on on with most PCs. so therefore advertising would be jepoerdised by Mike...i think anyway.

Jock.

Edited by soulmaguk
Social source share

Off topic? WTF!!!!! Spam? How the fck????? Offensive? HAHAHAHAHHAAHA It is a direct response to his post!!!!!!!!!!! Have you read what he wrote? Why not delete Wiganers post then?

How is a pic of Levine on the phone and "What do you mean he's DJing at Kings Hall? Duh!!!!" in direct response to his post considered against forum rules?

Sorry Mike. You've got it wrong.

wrong post

deleted post about levines gym, the passport photos of levine

thats what the warnings was about

f*** all to do with the thread subject and as said

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

wrong post

deleted post about levines gym, the passport photos of levine

thats what the warnings was about

f*** all to do with the thread subject and as said

So Levine calls me silly names because of what Jappy Jimmy Dynamite writes on his facebook page and I can't joke about it? Besides, Jappy Jimmy told me he'd been paid by Levine to dress up as a cyberman for him. Are you calling Jimmy a liar?:unsure: It's up to him and Ian what they do, and if Jimmy wants to tell people about it's, it's up to him. I don't think it's yours, mine or anyone's place to say that it's morally right or wrong what they do together in a gym changing room.

Although I guess Jimmy could be lieing, he's been know to stretch the truth before.

You're right about the passprt photos though, they are just ridiculous and off topic. Good moderation there, I accept that one and I deserved a warning for it rolleyes.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

So Levine calls me silly names because of what Jappy Jimmy Dynamite writes on his facebook page and I can't joke about it? Besides, Jappy Jimmy told me he'd been paid by Levine to dress up as a cyberman for him. Are you calling Jimmy a liar?:mellow: It's up to him and Ian what they do, and if Jimmy wants to tell people about it's, it's up to him. I don't think it's yours, mine or anyone's place to say that it's morally right or wrong what they do together in a gym changing room.

Although I guess Jimmy could be lieing, he's been know to stretch the truth before.

You're right about the passprt photos though, they are just ridiculous and off topic. Good moderation there, I accept that one and I deserved a warning for it :rolleyes:

you flackern crack me up man.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

"deleted post about levines gym"

Has he got a gym? Wolf out of Gladiators had his own gym as well. It was loads for membership though.

Off topic, Joel. But yes, it has an exact replica of his public school changing room attached to it, including dirty socks and shorts in the school colours on the floor.(That's true BTW)

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Off topic, Joel. But yes, it has an exact replica of his public school changing room attached to it.(That's true BTW)

This is far more interesting than Manifesto, this is turning into a two packets of biscuits thread. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

blimey this has gone so off topic it should be moved to freebasing, what's happened to the original argument about Manifesto and Levine?

Here here as usual JT has hijacked it for his own gain, to attack and slate Ian yet again, shame on him, i think the little boy needs to grow up abit, mabe he was bullied at school and now he has become the bully, at the end of the day who gives a flying F**K what JT or a few others on here think Ian has a large following and he is known unlike JT who the F**K is he then. wanker.gif

Social source share

You're right about the passprt photos though, they are just ridiculous and off topic. Good moderation there, I accept that one and I deserved a warning for it rolleyes.gif

moderation and action taken is accumalitive

your account was placed on moderation for 24 hours due to you re-posting a thread deleted by the mods

as soon as this moderation had been lifted you then felt fit to post up some sh*te about levine and a gym along with a set of passport style photos of levine

the post was off-topic and had nothing to do with the thread or indeed this forum

due to both above actions you have been warned about this via pm and on this thread

carries on then next step will be suspension

any concerns post in feedback

Social source share

So Levine calls me silly names because of what Jappy Jimmy Dynamite writes on his facebook page and I can't joke about it? Besides, Jappy Jimmy told me he'd been paid by Levine to dress up as a cyberman for him. Are you calling Jimmy a liar?:mellow: It's up to him and Ian what they do, and if Jimmy wants to tell people about it's, it's up to him. I don't think it's yours, mine or anyone's place to say that it's morally right or wrong what they do together in a gym changing room.

You're right about the passprt photos though, they are just ridiculous and off topic. Good moderation there, I accept that one and I deserved a warning for it :rolleyes:

I think you've stepped way over the mark here Mr Trouble, and if i'm thinking right a lot of trouble could be heading your way for your comment's above.

And without looking at your watch, just how long have you been involved with the Soul scene.

Social source share

closing this due to amount of off topic posts and will move it shortly

any one wants to continue any of the discussions that are relevant to soul music then feel free to start a new thread

or pm me and will split the relevant posts into a new thread

Social source share