Lifeline Allnighter

GREAT NIGHT GREAT CROWD GREAT MUSIC LOTS OF QUALITY TUNES IVE NEVER HEARD BEFORE!!! CAN I JUST MAKE ONE POINT WITHOUT ANYONE SLATING ME whistling.gif YOU WERE USING A TURBO SOUND SYSTEM FOR THE PA GREAT SYSTEM BUT A BIT TOO LOUD TOO TOPY (TOP END) NO BASE thumbup.gif PS WHEN IS NEXT ONE

• Replies 74
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

We Derbyshire lads had a excellent night,my aching legs can prove thatthumbsup.gif

Was you Looking for me Gilly?

Regards,Kev.

Ps.The A38 was closed off from 8.30pm southbound for 7,hours a man died in a accident

Yes i was, i asked Mick from Draycot where you were he just said over there in a red top,so i came over only to find 3 guys sat down with red tops on and another guy stood close by and guess what he also was wearing red.I just thought ill catch up with you another time.

FROM THE MINUTE I GOT IN OUR MINI BUS.........I KNEW .........IT WAS GONNA BE A CRACKER >>>>>>AWESOME NORTHERN PLAYED BY THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO THE RIGHT CROWD.........CANT BEAT THIS PLACE AT THE MO.,SORRY PHIL AND MACE U COME CLOSE ...BUT THIS IS THE BOLLOCKS...........THANKS TO ALL WHO SPENT TIME WITH OR AROUND ME....AND FRANK........i did go on a bit but i know u like listening to my view on the scene sleep3.gif , U HAD NO CHOICE STUCK IN THAT CORNER ph34r.giflaugh.gif .........SOLD A COUPLE SWOPPED A COUPLE ..........LOST NO records OR ITEMS OF CLOTHING!!!!!!!! I MUST HAVE BEEN in a sensible mood wicked.gif THANKS TO ALL ........EZZIE

GREAT NIGHT GREAT CROWD GREAT MUSIC LOTS OF QUALITY TUNES IVE NEVER HEARD BEFORE!!! CAN I JUST MAKE ONE POINT WITHOUT ANYONE SLATING ME whistling.gif YOU WERE USING A TURBO SOUND SYSTEM FOR THE PA GREAT SYSTEM BUT A BIT TOO LOUD TOO TOPY (TOP END) NO BASE thumbup.gif PS WHEN IS NEXT ONE

YES WE HAVE A P.A GUY THAT SUPPLIES AND SETS UP THE GEAR AND HE ALWAYS DOES A TOP JOB,I AIN'T A EXPERT ON SYSTEMS BUT I THINK AS THE ROOM FILLS ADJUSTMENTS HAVE TO BE DONE , ALSO SOME DJ'S SPEND THE WHOLE HOUR FIDDLING ABOUT WITH THE CONTROLS AND BUTTONS WHICH CAN SEND IT ALL TO COCK... BUT WILL TRY KEEP ON TOP OF THIS THANKS FOR POINTING OUT ! INFACT IT WAS WHEN I WAS ON IT SEEMED TO WAVER A BIT -WELL I DON'T MESS WITH BUTTONS ...PROBABLY DUE TO CLIFF HAVING A FULL FLOOR AND ME CLEARING IT ..

RE THE BEER SCENARIO ,TO BE HONEST WE DIDN'T KNOW UNTILL IAN CAME AND TOLD US A HOUR OR SO AFTER KICK OFF.I SPOKE TO OWNER WHO TOLD ME THAT HE'D BEEN WAITING FOR 3 WEEKS FOR A SPARE PART FOR THE COOLIING SYSTEM ! IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW IN ADVANCE OF COURSE SO PEOPLE ARE AWARE AND IF IT HAS A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THEM TURNING OUT AT LEAST WE'VE BEEN AS HONEST AS WE CAN WITH THE OVERALL SERVICE WE ARE PROVIDING FOR PUNTERS -WHO ARE OF COURSE OUR PRIME CONCERN.

IT'S A PISSER THAT WE HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO SORT OUT BOXING NITE ,BUT AT LEAST THE SPARE PART SHOULD BE SORTED BY OUR NEXT DATE LATE FEBRUARY 2010 WHICH WILL BE OUR ANNIVERSARY.... ALL IS NOT LOST THOUGH FOR BOXING NITE -THANKS TO CHRIS WATERMAN FOR GRABBING THE RADCLIFFE CIVIC HALL SOME OF LIFELINE'S RESIDENTS WILL BE ON THERE IN THE BIG ROOM WITH MACE AND HIS BIDDS CREW COMPLEMENTED BY RESIDENT HOSS AND HIS MERRY MEN CHAMPIONING THE R+B ROOM-ALONG WITH THE 3RD MODERN ROOM.SO CERTAINLY SOMEWHERE TO CELEBRATE THE FESTIVITIES.....

THANKS FOR ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS.. WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS OUR THANKS TO THE GUEST DAVE GREET -WHAT A ABSOLUTE GEM OF A BLOKE WHO I KNOW PUT A HELL OF A LOT OF THOUGHT INTO HIS SET,WHICH WAS VERY WELL PUT TOGETHER AND FEATURED SEVERAL TOP QUALITY RECORDS THAT WERE FIRST TIME PLAYS AT LIFELINE...WE'LL DEFINATELY BE WANTING HIM BACK NEXT YEAR.

ALSO STEVE,DEREK AND BOB WHO I KNOW WERE UNDER PRESSURE TO KEEP THE GLAWSTER FLAG FLYING WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY DID AND AGAIN IF THEY FANCY IT ARE ALL WELCOME BACK NEXT YEAR-THANKS CHAPS.

AGAIN ALL THE RESIDENTS WERE WELL RECIEVED ,IT AIN'T THE EASIEST OF PLACES TO DJ BECAUSE THE CROWD IS ALSO AT THE TOP OF THEIR GAME AND WON'T BE FOBBED OFF WITH SUB STANDARD MUSIC.MUST ADD THAT BUTCH I.M.O HAS STEPPED UP THE GAME A TAD AND HAS INTRODUCED SOME MORE VARIATION TO HIS SETS AND AS ALWAYS GIVES EVERYONE A LESSON ON HOW IT'S DONE ! WE CONSIDER OURSELVES FORTUNATE TO HAVE HIM ON BOARD ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE RESIDENTS AND GUESTS....ALL DJ'S CONFIMED FOR EVERY DATE NEXT YEAR

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL.

Yes i was, i asked Mick from Draycot where you were he just said over there in a red top,so i came over only to find 3 guys sat down with red tops on and another guy stood close by and guess what he also was wearing red.I just thought ill catch up with you another time.

No worries,see you soon matethumbsup.gif

Kev.

Firstly, just like to say thanks for the various nice comments which have been posted about my set. Much appreciated.

The main point I would like to make is re the crowd at Lifeline. Every time I've been there it's the same. Does'nt matter who's on, the dancers there are up for it. Records of any style, from any era, it makes no difference, you could'nt clear that dancefloor with a hand grenade! Top people!

Finally, must mention Jud from Wallsall who asked for Betty Fikes on Saturday night, well done sir!!

Chalkie and Andy. Thanks for asking me.

thanks to lifeline team for another. night of fantastic tunes and entertainment.i just want to leave a message for Sue deights / Fallon from banbury , the black cardigan you lost has been found. call or text and will return it by post to you.07510 425028. Happy birthday to Karl,who with mick h cliffe steele,chalky sam andy butch and the guy who was playin as we arrived at ten,whose name ive forgotten but spoke to in the smokin area to say how much i liked his set.not forgettin Rob smith who kept up tempo and quality to the last tune.Ace night again. loved it.

I've PM'd you , cheers ,Eddie

Music was outstanding, as was the company, just a special mention for Steve Green, only caught the last 20 minutes of his set, but man,it was brilliant, Dave Greet was awesome, the rest is history every body gelled to-gether:thumbup: it took me only 10 minutes to get home, I cant beleive how lucky I am to have this on my doorstep,how good is that, look forward to the aniversary thumbsup.gif

Posted for Karl Heard........

Although under the weather, I had a fantastic time and couldn't have wished for a better 50th birthday celebration. Thanks for all the cards and pressies, and again, I will thank all of you personally when I see you next. Thanks to Jerry Brown for the lift there and back, and sorry we missed the Gloucester boys, due to the detour. Thanks to the promoters for a fantastic night of soul that I will never forget. Finally to my good mate Mick H. for giving me the opportunity to play some records, and share the stage with him, which I enjoyed immensely.

Last but definitely not least, a big thank you to Marcelle for all her hard work and effort with the food and the fantastic cake and all the trimmings......WONDERFUL! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Karl Heard.

Edited by quinvy

Not a lot more I can add to all the comments already made great night again and deffo the best nighter around. Lovely to see everyone well except for Mick H coz I didn't even recognise him :shades:. Sorry to have missed Steve and the Gloucester lads we too we're stuck on the M6. Well done Andy, Mick and Chalky roll on February.

Sharon

Guest Andy Kempster

well that was my first and most certainly not my last lifeline

i heard so many records i have never heard before

highlight of the night for me was karl and kick double decking, absolutely b r i l l i a n t

roll on the next one

someone tell me why i have never been before !!!!!

thumbup.gif

Hate to crit such an ace night but i have to agree with you Vin, the system seemed OK downstairs, but I had to come out of the record bar due to real ear pain from the high end of the system, i felt sorry for the dealers up there. Solving this would make this event perfection.

Great night, absolutely superb and what a trip all round, thanks to Roger and Sue for putting up with me, Widd, Winnie, Greety and Guy in the morning, words fail me to describe such shenanigans!!! Thanks to the Banbury lads for helping us out on lifts too.

Greety, well done mate, superb set, definetly the best of the night, like I said, proud of you. Moment of the night for us lot...

'This one's for the Southampton lads - The Groovettes!!'thumbsup.gif '

Guest BigPaul

Once again "The Real Deal" delivers and the only place for Rare Soul music in abundancethumbsup.gif

More new tunes for the old lugholes to fasten on to (what its all about )yes.gif

Didnt reckon a deal to welcome commitee (great FD Mick and Steve) didnt recognize either of youwhistling.gif

Great stuff guys

Great crowd in and i was sweating like an old hossgood.gif

Just a quickie coz been a bit busy since and hope to catch up on sleep properly tonight...

Thanks to the Lifeline crew - really enjoyed the night!

Special thanks to Dave Greet for playing that really nice song on Balance (sent Ady to investigate details for my dig) and to Karen & Pete for driving us all that way and back. I ran away from the fancy dress people (they scare me) and thought it was Mid level (not bass) that was missing from the sound - so not that major. I know I shared some lovely company and may've even had a dance or two with the irresistable sounds.

...all went so fast

m

(hope I recover in time for the Wilton)

Guest Garry-C

Another great night at Lifeline, top soul sounds and the best company and as it's only 4 miles from where I live, no more could be asked for. A big thank you to the organisers. I have only missed one niter since you moved down here and don't intend to miss many more.

Nice to meet you Mr. Greet you big southern softie from Reading, as you put it, while being introduced to you at the bar by my big mate Brian DeHondri from Watford. You performed admirably for such a softie and enjoyed your spot the most but then couldn't find fault with any of the DJ's as the night was danced away.

Looking forward to next one in February just disappointed it's 4 long months away :sad:

Garry

thumbsup.gif Hi FOLKS, great nite, enjoyed the crack wiv the folk i met on the dance floor,and wonderin around the niter

great to see all the girls and the lads dressed up as ghoulies or woz they? the guys from notts,gud bunch,

all them from daarn saarf....the mods..".all aahhrr lot" shorny,jane,cwiss,ingrid,adey,plank,mmm.

mrs cog-web,ive got ya one ov them scarfs(crevates) sorry me dear...cog-webb ill drop ya that album...

happy birthday Karl,,hope you had a gud un mate..king.gif

Mr quinvy nice to av a chat with ya mate, sos i cudn,t chat longer,,i woz tryin to perfect me spin,ha, bloody

floors wonky or summat. ktf.

WELL THIS IS FOR WILLY WHO PULLED ME PEKKER ORF ME " DALECK,S YEAD" YOU OWD BUGGER.

post-11211-12573231916017_thumb.jpg

Been a little behind with the internet write ups and I'll keep this one fairly brief in light of the great advantage of going along with Karen is that she takes all the pics and writes a nice full review on her soulgirl site ; which I'm sure you all read.

I had spent the afternoon (well 3hrs) at Vince Ayres' house and in the company of Dave Morris, trawled through and played many 45s which is surely the best way to spend any afternoon afro.gif

I spent a fair bit as was inevitable........... crazy2.gif

As my sat nav is particulalry poor it took me a while to renavigate but departing around 5.30 for Lifeline meant some haste to ensure an early doors arrival. Thankfully traffic was pretty light and save the inevitable speed restrictions we arrived around 8.15pm.

I am not going to recall all the people I met and was introduced to from the usual suspects Derek - Malc - Gilly to the new : Toby - Steve Green - Martyn Bird - Steve Howard - Karl Heard........but it was very much the case, for whatever reason that EVERYONE seemed to be in full on party mode clownballoon.gif Those who made the costume effort well done !!

I am almost evangelical for the music style and policy at Lifeline, It suits me to a tee..........This night was for sure the best soul nite of the year for me crazy2.gifcrazy2.gifcrazy2.gif.........bar none. I can't rave 'bout it enough. crazy2.gifcrazy2.gif It was the first time after an Allnighter that I wanted it to continue into the next day. crazy2.gifcrazy2.gif

Yes there were small issues about no draught beer, it still being a bit light for me {I like the darkness} but none of these mattered because the music and crowd were just right.

There were so many tracks played and I spent a great deal of time dancing....certainly think Steve Green would fill a later slot too..........enjoyed Mike H and Karl Heard, Chalky and Cliff Steele - all great spots..........

The drive home was hard work in the torrential rain that commenced just prior Lifeline closure and never ceased for 3hrs ; but it sure was worth the effort !!

A very expensive and tiring weekend, that required 2 days in recovery, but certainly well worth it.

If you havent done Lifeline, its a must do for sure IMHO ....... silla4cf0.gif

Source Advert