• Replies 226
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

THE WORDS OF WISDOM - YOU'RE FRIEND OF MINE - IX CHAINS -

AWESOME -just moves along -really like this tune get one folks I understand a few have gone recently lol!!!

BAZ A

Nice, very very nice....thumbsup.gif

Social source share

BERNARD SMITH - MAN WITHOUT A PEOPLE - SPECTRUM -

Noticed this on sams playlist without a doubt one of my best purchases ever -this side does not get the plaudits as much as the flip=biig push this year imo-absolutely incredible soulmusic from a more than interesting soul and funk logo!!!

BAZ A

Social source share

BERNARD SMITH - MAN WITHOUT A PEOPLE - SPECTRUM -

Noticed this on sams playlist without a doubt one of my best purchases ever -this side does not get the plaudits as much as the flip=biig push this year imo-absolutely incredible soulmusic from a more than interesting soul and funk logo!!!

BAZ A

Soul Sam must have heard The Jan from Hamburg playing this earlier last year in bamberg as he was first to reactivate it

wink.gif

Social source share

SUNRISE MOVEMENT-NOTHING LEFT BUT LOVE-GHETTO -

One i have endeavoured to tip [along with my old mate Kev Kane]for many many years-the other track running wild much talked about -this is the slow burner-it really blows me away to this day-one on the bay at the mo for $100 -dont see it much also,bloddy marvellous stuff imo!!!

BAZ A

Social source share

Kenneth & Delory with Ben Brown & Mojo Supreme Ensemble - Let Me Hold You Close Pt1 - Steeltown

this one seems to be picking up some interest.....

Funny little record this is. Had it for ages before it went into my sales box some years ago already. No takers at only 50,- .

When I noticed one very known DJ purchased a copy for 250 UKP early last year I pulled it out again and stucked it in my play box...only to never pleay it agan. In other words it hasn`t made it in the past, it has not made it in 2009 it won`t make it in 2010.

Any takers out there for a minter at 100 ,- ??

Marc

Social source share

The Ebonystic has been big for us in Milwaukee for 2-3 years now. Actually probably a better dance record than the Billy Byrd, although maybe not as strong of a tune.

I remember playing this in 2008 at S.O.U.L. in Gijon /Spain resulting in some of the UK Funk boys eye brows raising...great 45 indeed but I won`t say better than Billy Byrd as both are way too different then to be compared with each other. Both brrilliant in my book. Billy Byrd the one to hunt down in 2010 though :wicked:

Social source share

Two tips from me on the cheaper side of things

ICE "HARD TIMES"

Beautiful Modern mover very much in the same vein as Timeless Legend etc. If this would be only more known and rarer and played by someone called Martin, Mark or Mick it would be a 1000 UKP record.

GARLAND GREEN "CAN`T BELIEVE YOU QUIT ME UNI"

Awesome -funkly-edged- flipside of one of his classic sides on UNI. So much en vogue with its sound that its almost frightening...just play it after Roy Roberts "You Move Me" and you will see what I mean....

Social source share

ETTA JAMES - TIGHTEN UP YOUR OWN THING -

first one from me and happy new year to all -bout 20 from me im afraid youll have to put up with me tonight lol-love this thread sean .This was tipped by adam and it blew me away -sounds like the dogs bollocks loud-she is the voice imho!!

BAZ A

Yes, this one is set to take off big time :yes:. I'll be giving it a good few spins at 'Move On' this year :thumbsup:. Originally tipped it in a sales thread and the few copies I had flew out, as they should at £15 or was it £20. Found a few more after that and took them to NCS on boxing day.....and the reason I'm 100% sure this will go big is the list of buyers, nearly all regular DJs on the nighter and 'rare/lesser played' circuits. Awesome :thumbup:

Think I still have 2 minters left if anyone wants them.....

Kenneth & Delory with Ben Brown & Mojo Supreme Ensemble - Let Me Hold You Close Pt1 - Steeltown

Funny little record this is. Had it for ages before it went into my sales box some years ago already. No takers at only 50,- .

When I noticed one very known DJ purchased a copy for 250 UKP early last year I pulled it out again and stucked it in my play box...only to never pleay it agan. In other words it hasn`t made it in the past, it has not made it in 2009 it won`t make it in 2010.

Any takers out there for a minter at 100 ,- ??

Marc

Unlikely any takers at that price Marc, considering I offered unplayed copies on here for £50 and happy to stick to selling them at that price :wicked:. Oh, it might not have made it for you....but think it will for others.

Social source share

BOBBY PATTERSON-IM LEROY-ILL TAKE HER-JETSTAR -

Read about this in -in the basement an article on Texas funk-rushed upstairs knowing i had most of his stuff and put this on [which was a gift of me old mate gaz simons for the flipside]it blew me away -got a few emails of people asking about it lol,real scorcher imo-she a real stone fox "dont get anybetter lol"/.

Social source share

Yes, this one is set to take off big time yes.gif. I'll be giving it a good few spins at 'Move On' this year thumbsup.gif. Originally tipped it in a sales thread and the few copies I had flew out, as they should at £15 or was it £20. Found a few more after that and took them to NCS on boxing day.....and the reason I'm 100% sure this will go big is the list of buyers, nearly all regular DJs on the nighter and 'rare/lesser played' circuits. Awesome thumbup.gif

Think I still have 2 minters left if anyone wants them.....

Unlikely any takers at that price Marc, considering I offered unplayed copies on here for £50 and happy to stick to selling them at that price wicked.gif. Oh, it might not have made it for you....but think it will for others.

Uh, well alright, when your two minters have gone I will be happy to sell this mint minus copy for 50 UKP as well. As long as I can make some one happy I won`t mind.

Social source share

Guest stromberg

I think that Colette Kelly "City of fool" on Volt is long overdue to become a wider known dancefloor favourite. It really has a lot going: great vocals, great lyrics, dance beat, good production, unique appeal overall...etc.

it's in refosoul, don't know how to insert the link

Cheers

Stefan

Social source share

I think that Colette Kelly "City of fool" on Volt is long overdue to become a wider known dancefloor favourite. It really has a lot going: great vocals, great lyrics, dance beat, good production, unique appeal overall...etc.

Cheers

Stefan

COLETTE KELLY - CITY OF FOOLS - VOLT -

great tune

Social source share

L. J. REYNOLDS - INTUDER - MAINSTREAM -

Spun it at burnley and the children of the night went ballistic tis a real scorcher of a soul record on a fantastic logo-love it its had a few outings im sure needs a few more-!!!

BAZ A

Fantastic Baz :lol:. Heard this for the first time on the funk audio thread a few weeks ago, just waiting for one to drop through the letterbox, hopefully before next Friday so I can play it out :lol:

Social source share

JESSE POTTER AND THE FABULAIRES-NOW I THINK IM READY-BIG 8 RECORDS. -

one I didnt have a glue about -bought blind of BAZ WAD-love it hard edged funky number on a logo i know nowt about lol!!!

BAZ A

That's my kind of tune Baz.

Nice.

I'm going to post up a clip of the Richard Knight "Show Stopper" track that's in the same funk edged soul vein - not in refo currently.

Also Like that Superlatives "Come On Down To The Ghetto" - I'd never thought to flip this before.

ATB

Greg. :lol:

Social source share

RICHARD KNIGHT - SHOW STOPPER - ALLEN -

Here you go..

For those of you who already know this where's it been hiding and for everybody else it's now in refo.

So, get yer chops round this. This is one storming, energetic dancer from Richard Knight, formerly of the Knight Brothers.

A new one to me, a fellow SS member put me on to this recently and I like it more every time I hear it.

Kick ass funky soul. Nice!

Regards,

Greg. :lol:

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

Cheers

Stefan

This is a great 6T's crossover tune, with a little something extra, more quality output on Volt in the vein of 'One More Chance - good call :lol:

Here's the clip:

COLETTE KELLY - CITY OF FOOLS - VOLT -

ATB

Greg.

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

AH GREAT MINDS HAD THIS DUG OUT FOR THE USB LOL,ITS BLOODY GREAT IMO!!!

BAZ A

Here you go..

For those of you who already know this where's it been hiding and for everybody else it's now in refo.

So, get yer chops round this. This is one storming, energetic dancer from Richard Knight, formerly of the Knight Brothers.

A new one to me, a fellow SS member put me on to this recently and I like it more every time I hear it.

Regards,

Greg. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

TIS A CRACKER ADAM -PLEASED YOU GOT ONE MATE -GIVE IT BIG LICKS -ONE FOR 2010 GREAT TUNE-SOUNDS SUPERSONIC PLAYED LOUD!!!

BAZ A

Fantastic Baz thumbup.gif. Heard this for the first time on the funk audio thread a few weeks ago, just waiting for one to drop through the letterbox, hopefully before next Friday so I can play it out biggrin.gif

Social source share

[quote name='drew' date='08 January 2010 - 09:45 PM'

Posted info:

Expect to hear this where ever I'm playing through 2010.....it's a bit special....

Always preferred Where's there true love and Wanted to fall in love by T k Murray aka C.A.T but what do i know, records i tipped in Sean's tips thread before have bombed so take no notice.

Andy Mann thumbsup.gif

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

This is one storming, energetic dancer from Richard Knight, formerly of the Knight Brothers.

It is indeed nice, but I personally prefer the flipside "Back To School". It has got the same backing track as "Show Stopper" but different vocals that in my opinion fits better with the backing track. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

It is indeed nice, but I personally prefer the flipside "Back To School". It has got the same backing track as "Show Stopper" but different vocals that in my opinion fits better with the backing track. :thumbup:

That's right Seb, tis the same backing on both sides.

But, for me , it's the "Show Stopper" side that fits best..

Strange and fickle creatures aren't we :thumbsup:

Either way it's a great piece of vinyl that is set to go..

ATB

Greg. :yes:

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert