Guest ganesh

• Replies 41
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

$2599.00 (£1,672.53). Postage was a bargain at $3 (£1.88)

Was Hoping for a lottery win in time, didn't happen . . . . . . . . . . just be sods law to win the bloody £85 million Euro-lottery tonight.

£1300 in JM guide. Hope it finds a good home.

Social source share

Was Hoping for a lottery win in time, didn't happen . . . . . . . . . . just be sods law to win the bloody £85 million Euro-lottery tonight.

Blimey :ohmy: bit over the top surely, tho' guess if 2 are bidding against each other it happens............

..........& if you win 85 mill I don't think you'll need to worry too much about finding another......I'll sell you mine for 5 mill ! shades

Social source share

yeah its bloody strange this ebay lark . i put up ronnie forte whisky talking a few weeks ago' american bloke sells his for well over two hundred squid .i put mine up' condition wise not that much diference i best i got was just over 100 squid on the same week .

anyway ive got a ray pollard a real clean one vg++ if not better and ill be selling it soon . for the 1300 what i paid for it last year , if your intorested

Social source share

Not now, did have, bought it when it was £300 - about a year ago. No only joking - 3 years ago.

Seem to remember I sold my second and last copy (sold the first 13 years ago) three+ years ago for 250 UKP...must admit I did not realize any kind of "hype" on said record until this very recent ebay auction. Which was result-wise indeed frightening...to say teh elast. So since when has this become such an expensive indemander ?

Marc

Social source share

Not now, did have, bought it when it was £300 - about a year ago

laugh.gif:lol: very good . . so are you saying you would sell your one for seven tops now?? if you had one that is ? to be honist im one of the few peeps that make f... all on my records when i sell them .i only ever ask for what i paid and if thats the price then thats what i try ang get but it dont always work out that way . but i do see your point and i agree some right greedy buggers made a killing out of records and most are on here.in theory your spot on pete 'but mean time in the real world 2010

Social source share

Feel equally free to send me your sales list.

Thing is I wanted it, I wanted it now so I got it. What's the problem?

No problem at all, you have all my sympathy for having wanted a 45 badly enough to have paid whatever it did take. Furthermore my respect for having the balls to stand up in public and admit it was you. There was no offence meant thats why I used ";-)"

Social source share

:lol::lol: very good . . so are you saying you would sell your one for seven tops now?? if you had one that is ? to be honist im one of the few peeps that make f... all on my records when i sell them .i only ever ask for what i paid and if thats the price then thats what i try ang get but it dont always work out that way . but i do see your point and i agree some right greedy buggers made a killing out of records and most are on here.in theory your spot on pete 'but mean time in the real world 2010

Just trying to say, in the big scheme of thing, the Ray Pollard has never been one of the rarer ones that's all.

I sold Shirley Edwards for £500. Now I'd rate it at maybe £800. Everyone else seems to think it's £1500 but let's see them get that for it.

Social source share

It's a record that has some meaning for me and I never owned it before always missed out, didn't hVe enough dish or didn't bid quite enough so this time I was determined to get it so tried and

won. I wouldn't have paid whatever it took though. If it had gone over $5k I'd have been stuffed :lol:

Social source share

and me :lol: may be its just us mate:g: but i think all these lot' shuld take a look at popsike . bit longer than 3 years ago for a cheap one and most o them looked f...d

But the world goes on without Ebay though, and popsike isn't the most reliable of sources. Most deals are done privately I think. Ebay and Manship auction prices usually bear no resemblence to the record's true value if more than one person wants it...

Social source share

Ebay and Manship auction prices usually bear no resemblence to the record's true value if more than one person wants it...

Don`t understand the last part of your sentence as the results of both -ebay and manship- of course in most cases do include more then one single person (as is the idea behind auctions anyway)? Prices are a result of demand and supply and if a second person is willing to pay more surely the "new" price is what the highest offer will be. having said that a record is only worth what the next buyer is willing and prepared to pay for it anyway.

post-1700-12653990811718_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Don`t understand the last part of your sentence as the results of both -ebay and manship- of course in most cases do include more then one single person (as is the idea behind auctions anyway)? Prices are a result of demand and supply and if a second person is willing to pay more surely the "new" price is what the highest offer will be. having said that a record is only worth what the next buyer is willing and prepared to pay for it anyway.

I mean if a record is worth 500 quid but two people are deperate for it, they will battle with each other until one wins it and that could have made the price rise up to 700, 800 quid - and then the next thing we know, all copies are sold at a starting price of 800 quid. Look at that Action single on JM this week, £250, I doubt if one's ever fetched above £50 before.

Social source share

It's a record that has some meaning for me and I never owned it before always missed out, didn't hVe enough dish or didn't bid quite enough so this time I was determined to get it so tried and

won. I wouldn't have paid whatever it took though. If it had gone over $5k I'd have been stuffed wink.gif

Well spoken. There's only a value at any given moment, and that's the value a potential buyer gives it. You paid what you wanted and I hope it brings you plenty of pleasure to hold, play and admire it. I don't own one, maybe one day. Puttin' son through uni and daughter following close behind at the moment. Maybe it'll come down in price again by the time I can afford one. Congratulations.

Social source share

won. I wouldn't have paid whatever it took though. If it had gone over $5k I'd have been stuffed :wink:

Good on ya Phil,,some records you just gotta pay the money to get em in.well done.Sod every one else as long as you're happythumbsup.gif

Social source share

But the world goes on without Ebay though, and popsike isn't the most reliable of sources. Most deals are done privately I think. Ebay and Manship auction prices usually bear no resemblence to the record's true value if more than one person wants it...

Are most deals done privately? Not for me they're aren't, most of my buys are done through Ebay.

I've never really had much of a clue what records are "worth". I sold large chunks of my collection 12 years or so ago to keep my head above water, and stop the house from being repo'd (again).

Since things have got a bit better, I've been on a mission the last couple of years to get back every record I sold, and bar one or two I've done it. I'm now on a mission to get every record I ever wanted and the Ray Pollard is one of those that was near the top of that list.

Surely a record's "true" value is what someone will pay for it? Not that it matters to me. Unless I hit really hard times again my records will be with me until the end.

Phil

Social source share

brought my copy ray pollard outside the 100 club off dick coombs £18/20, bout 23yrs back . along with a cecil washington on prophonics for about £40 - umm'd and arrr'd and wondered what would be for sale inside - got inside nothing much at all so on the night i was happy - even happier now obviously

reason for the in decision - it was being played so much at the time

Social source share

Are most deals done privately? Not for me they're aren't, most of my buys are done through Ebay.

I've never really had much of a clue what records are "worth". I sold large chunks of my collection 12 years or so ago to keep my head above water, and stop the house from being repo'd (again).

Since things have got a bit better, I've been on a mission the last couple of years to get back every record I sold, and bar one or two I've done it. I'm now on a mission to get every record I ever wanted and the Ray Pollard is one of those that was near the top of that list.

Surely a record's "true" value is what someone will pay for it? Not that it matters to me. Unless I hit really hard times again my records will be with me until the end.

Phil

Are you ready for that Don Gardner yet?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Any & all Shrine stuff is kind of going bonkers on ebay recently, probably thanks in part to being blown up & lionized in those Shrine CD's from a year or 2 ago. Not really surprising & I think what will happen is they'll spike in the next while before settling down again. Those Shrine master reels that came up probably also got people fetishing over the label again too.

Social source share

Any & all Shrine stuff is kind of going bonkers on ebay recently, probably thanks in part to being blown up & lionized in those Shrine CD's from a year or 2 ago. Not really surprising & I think what will happen is they'll spike in the next while before settling down again. Those Shrine master reels that came up probably also got people fetishing over the label again too.

I bid £800 on a mint copy on Pat Brady's auction 5yrs ago and didn't get it, it went to Japan, everyone I've bid on since has gone for more than that, and ones I've seen at private sales have sold for more than that as well unless the were f**ked. Price and rarity don't go together we all know that.

Social source share

those kent shrine CDs were from longer than 2 years ago and i don't think those master reels generated much interest. I think this is a more recent phenomenon than those CDs at least, I remember ray pollard always going for around $1000 back when those CDs were out, never that much.

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

brought my copy ray pollard outside the 100 club off dick coombs £18/20, bout 23yrs back . along with a cecil washington on prophonics for about £40 - umm'd and arrr'd and wondered what would be for sale inside - got inside nothing much at all so on the night i was happy - even happier now obviously

reason for the in decision - it was being played so much at the time

Back then the record bar was on the stage and browsing could be a shin kicking experience browsing ! You done good out on the street tho in the summer equally hazardous when impromptu cricket matches were started in the middle of Oxford st when those boundary balls went aflying !! Or did I dream all this ! :D

Social source share

Just trying to say, in the big scheme of thing, the Ray Pollard has never been one of the rarer ones that's all.

I sold Shirley Edwards for £500. Now I'd rate it at maybe £800. Everyone else seems to think it's £1500 but let's see them get that for it.

I offered £1500 for a copy of shirley edwards to 3 different Uk owners over the last 10 years and was turned down, eventually getting one last year.

I presume they liked it that much they wanted to keep it

Social source share

Spot on Joe, 1100 dollars about 700 quid absolute tops. In any nick!

was offered an ex+ copy a few months ago for £800 but not my cup of tea, i sold some of my Shrine stuff to a 16 year old girl from N Wales who says her dad went to Wigan with me !! shame i can't remember what i did yesterday whistling.gif

have the rest of it framed up on my bedroom wall thumbup.gif

Ian.

Social source share

Back then the record bar was on the stage and browsing could be a shin kicking experience browsing ! You done good out on the street tho in the summer equally hazardous when impromptu cricket matches were started in the middle of Oxford st when those boundary balls went aflying !! Or did I dream all this ! biggrin.gif

record bar on the stage - yep, and by the back entrance - more my location - not much room for cricket though on the metal staircase fire escape and it would have interfered with the thrity + fags i was always inten on smoking at a niter

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert