Soulsville & Sscdt All - Dayer

Right, just got in from work via a Halloween Disco down the Club. So I'm off to bed I'll see you all tomorrow (later today!).

I did ask the wife if she fancied driving up during the night, can't understand why she said "NO!" :D

I take it your mum won't have my lad then :huh:

• Replies 220
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately not, my Dad's having to sleep on the floor and he just turned 68 last Saturday! :huh:

He makes a mean jam buttie in the mornings if that'll help :D

My dad's just 65 and he wouldn't be able to get on the floor so well done Mr Supercorsa Senior :huh:

Sorted now..Gonna be here with a few mates from York etc...Looking forward to seeing the old crowd and a few new faces...Fu"k it,lets get wasted :huh::D ...I was gonna be a good lad but its Saturday...

THE BURNING QUESTION IS..ANYONE DRIVING THERE AND BACK AND CAN I HAVE ALIFT AS I'M TAKING RECORDS AND CLASS A DRUGSSS PROBABLY, JUST JOSHING OFFICER,IF YOUR WATCHING, IT WASN'T ME HONEST GUV ????

IS EVERYONE GOING TO SOULSVILLE THEN ?

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN MEXICO BUT I'M STILL HERE

AND LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO KEEP ME OUT OF TROUBLE.

WHAT'S HAPPENING STEVIE CAN YOU PLEASE CALL ME OR BRETT OR SOMEONE

I'M HOME ALONE AGGGHHHHHH

CHRIS M

JUST BEEN TO THE WHEEL AND IT WAS BLOODY GREAT AND BOUGHT SOME NICE 45S I

ASWELL SO TOP ARROWS ALL ROUND I THINK :huh:

Edited by bearsoul

Got a bit mullered last night, damn, will I ever learn!!!

Just finishing off the CD's, and having a full English to get me through the day.

It feels like Christmas morning!!

See you all down at the bar.

Brett is correct, Tony Jackson has been kind enough to agree to play a few, as have Ged Parker and Chalky.

I thought as these guys were coming anyway, and with Dave, Janine and very likely Barry May unavoidably having to miss, it would be a nice gesture to ask them to play.

To all the guys coming today, at no little expense, and no financial gain (right guys!) I salute you all :huh:

If anyone needs me, just holler!

Jamie 07739 917972

Steve, I'm unable to go :huh: have a great day ....Jamie don't forget my CD please :huh:

Aw, sorry you can't make it :D

Don't worry bout the CD, already sorted! :D

Taxi is here - let battle commence! :D

Got a bit mullered last night, damn, will I ever learn!!!

Just finishing off the CD's, and having a full English to get me through the day.

It feels like Christmas morning!!

See you all down at the bar.

Brett is correct, Tony Jackson has been kind enough to agree to play a few, as have Ged Parker and Chalky.

I thought as these guys were coming anyway, and with Dave, Janine and very likely Barry May unavoidably having to miss, it would be a nice gesture to ask them to play.

To all the guys coming today, at no little expense, and no financial gain (right guys!) I salute you all :D

If anyone needs me, just holler!

Jamie 07739 917972

MAYBE A BIT LATE SO SAVE ME SOME CHIPS AND A CD.

SALT & VINEGAR TOO, CHRIS M :huh:

Top night once again, lot's of laughs and great memories to hole on too as usual.....

Well done Jamie, Rich, Pat, for putting the event on, everyone to a person really enjoyed themselves, great music t'boot :yes:

We arrived at 5pm, Andy Faulkner on the decks playing his usual high standard of tunes, followed by shute, Karen C, and then Moi !, Brett & Tony jackson gelled together really well for saying they hadn't double decked before, well done guys.....Ged Parker & Chalky followed and had me scurrying upto the decks checking out top quality rarities, Mike hughes got the dance floor packed for the last hour.....and then it was all over far to quickly.....good luck to the "soulsville boys" with future ventures in the new year.

JM

Had a great day, thanks for the northern hospitality. Enjoyed listening to the CD and Bretts tape on the way home down the M1.

Was it Shute that played a record by The Chocolate Boys? Bit hard to read labels when the records being played, blue label, instrumental sounded similar to Wade In The Water? More info needed, like a title! :yes:

Playlists would be nice Ladies and Gents, just to let everyone else know what they missed. :D

Jamie, Rich good luck with the plans for 2006 let us know dates.

Ian.

Well, it turned out to be a comedy of farce for me. Got to the hotel to be told I had cancelled the day before, sorted that out and given room keys which didn't work, this happened twice. Hubby got sick so I had to leave early at around 11.30 only to be woken up at 2.30 am by the hotel fire alarms going off and having to evacuate the building LOL

But, apart from all that it was a great day.I heard some terrific tunes and the company was excellent. The quiz seemed to bring out the worse in certain people and cheating was par for the course :thumbsup:

Really nice to meet Ged Parker, Tony Jackson, Y2KAndy, Ian ( supercorsa) and Richard Bailey. Lovely as ever catching up with Reg,Richard,Rach,Mike, Chalky plus all the darts team and other SS members that I am sure I have left out so sorry if I have.

All the DJ's did a great job wink.gif I will post up some photos and a playlist tomorrow most likely.

Edited by KarenC

But, apart from all that it was a great day.I heard some terrific tunes and the company was excellent. The quiz seemed to bring out the worse in certain people and cheating was par for the course :thumbsup:

All the DJ's did a great job biggrin.gif .

Who cheated? It wasn't me , honest! wink.gif One of the answers for the quiz came to me on the way home, somewhere between Sheffield & Leicester. The link between Palmer & Reeves, Jimmy Mack, right? Do I get another prize? thumbsup.gif

Agree about all the DJ's doing a great job. :D

Well, it turned out to be a comedy of farce for me. Got to the hotel to be told I had cancelled the day before, sorted that out and given room keys which didn't work, this happened twice. Hubby got sick so I had to leave early at around 11.30 only to be woken up at 2.30 am by the hotel fire alarms going off and having to evacuate the building LOL

Oh poor you what a palava!!! Hope Mr Crane is alright and it wasn't too serious. As for being woken at 2.30 - they wouldn't have got me out of my bed ..... unless a fireman had to take me of course :thumbsup:

Who cheated? It wasn't me , honest! :thumbsup: One of the answers for the quiz came to me on the way home, somewhere between Sheffield & Leicester. The link between Palmer & Reeves, Jimmy Mack, right? Do I get another prize? wink.gif

Agree about all the DJ's doing a great job. thumbsup.gif

Yes, Jimmy Mack was the right answer Ian, but sorry too late so no banana :Dwink.gif

BTW I also want to know about that record Shute played :D

Well Saturday didn't start to great for me either Karen....been down Dorst with lorry, stayed overnight at Fleet services on the way home and some b*atards cut all my fuel lines on wagon :thumbsup: They must have cut all them, to get the sender unit out so they could syphon the fuel...travellers know doubt :D Thick bastards didn't realise I didn't even have a lockable fuel cap, only had to unscrew it wink.gif Wouldn't mind after all that if they knicked the fuel :D:D

Anyway mad day all round finally go to Leeds at about 7.....caught up with a few, met a few new faces :D

supped a bottle of lousy russian lager and had to have a pint of good old yorkshire bitter as an antidote laugh.gif

Missed one or two as well by the sounds of it...Supercorsa for one I think thumbsup.gif Next time maybe laugh.gif

Had the pleasure of spinning a few with Blackpools finest Ged Parker...it was a pleasure. Will try and remember what I played.

Edited by chalky

Had the pleasure of spinning a few with Blackpools finest Ged Parker...it was a pleasure. Will try and remember what I played.

Pleasure was all mine Chalkster :thumbsup: What was the name of that Contours track it was superb. Had a great day all told met some of the reprebates off here laugh.gif a seriously friendly bunch. Tony playing Shirley Edwards was a highlight for me. Margaret had such as good time she wanted to head off the Birmingham for the niter when we left. I knew better, I'd have made the journey but I did that once before headed from Salwick to Sheridans at 2 am we'd been there 20 minutes and she was falling asleep and we were on our way home after an hour an a half :D . So I thought better of the drive to brum.

Anyway thanks to Rich, Jamie and Pat for the chance to spin a few you lot for listening and dancing and the soul police for the interegation on the track played laugh.gif Just kidding Shute / John nice to have tracks noticed :D

As for what I played erm erm erm here what I remember

Hamilton Movement - She Gone Look-Out

Empires - You're On Top Girl - Candi DJ

Johnnie Barnes - Beginning today - AMC

Eddie Daye / Four Bars - Guess Who Loves You - Shrine

Lost Soul - Secret of Mine - Unreleased Studio Feed

Lillie Bryant - Meet Me Halfway - Tayster

Kittens - It's Gotta Be Love ABC DJ

La Wanda William - Come Back To Me - Ke Ke

Clarence Reid - Im your yes man - Wand DJ

plus some I cant remember without opening my box and I'm too tired shhh.gif

Edited by ged parker

I wish I could have made it earlier and been able to stop over , but not to be (trying to train a distructive little wiemaraner pup , little shit has already had one box of records) anyway.As to be expected the music was spot on and the crowd well oiled with that shite russian lager (Chalky) almost makes that Australian kangaroo piss taste nice .Well done behind the decks lads and lasses hozabout some play lists

I wish I could have made it earlier and been able to stop over , but not to be (trying to train a distructive little wiemaraner pup , little shit has already had one box of records) anyway.As to be expected the music was spot on and the crowd well oiled with that shite russian lager (Chalky) almost makes that Australian kangaroo piss taste nice .Well done behind the decks lads and lasses hozabout some play lists

My playlist's here - not quite certain the order's 100% right tho'

Guest Johnny One Trout

Also I'm sure that the picture of Mr Nightingale had been altered, as in the way The Sunday Sport superimpose celebrities heads onto naked bodies! :thumbsup:

whatchoo talkin about Willis??????????????????????????????/

Yes, Jimmy Mack was the right answer Ian, but sorry too late so no banana laugh.gif:D

BTW I also want to know about that record Shute played shhh.gif

It's a Jazz track Binty pretty sure Vowlesy play it at the Orange occassionally

Guest Johnny One Trout

Sounds like we missed a top day, but then we knew that. Hopefully we will be able to make the next one

more tales of hijinx and lollygathering from the the team please........

Here's my playlist from Saturday

Karen Hernandez I heard it through the grapevine Mothers

Etta James Tell Mama Cadet

Syl Johnson Try Me Twilight

Big Maybelle I can't wait any longer Rojac

The Chiffons Nobody knows what's going on ( in my mind but me) Laurie

The Artistics Hope we have Brunswick

The Showmen Take it baby Swan

The Soothers I believe in you Port

Erma Franklin Gotta find me a lover Brunswick

Robert John Raindrops,Love and Sunshine A&M

Belita Woods Magic Corner Moira

The Chiffons Keep the boy happy Laurie

Dee Dee Warwick Don't you ever give up on me Mercury

The Mirettes He's alright with me Mirwood

Sharpees Tired of being lonely One-derful

Garnet Mimms Prove it to me United Artists

Joe Simon Long hot summer Sound Stage

Ike &Tina Turner Oh Baby A&M

Betty Everett The shoe won't fit VeeJay

Darrell Banks Angel Baby Atco

Linda Jones I can't stop lovin' my baby Loma

The Artistics Love song Brunswick

Spyder Turner I can't make it anymore MGM

Billy Sha-Rae I'm Gone Spectrum

The Artistics The Chase is on Brunswick

Edited by KarenC

Really good day, nice to put some more faces to names :D Great tunes all day... nice to catch Karen DJing even if she did threaten to throw things at me when I tried to become an adoring fan :lol: Hope Ray is feeling better.

Thanks to Jamie for the sleeping bag and breakfast and Brett for playing amazing tunes until the early hours (sorry I spoiled my Super Soulie status by having to eat and sleep :D )

But, apart from all that it was a great day.I heard some terrific tunes and the company was excellent. The quiz seemed to bring out the worse in certain people and cheating was par for the course :D

Really nice to meet Ged Parker, Tony Jackson, Y2KAndy, Ian ( supercorsa) and Richard Bailey. Lovely as ever catching up with Reg,Richard,Rach,Mike, Chalky plus all the darts team and other SS members that I am sure I have left out so sorry if I have.

All the DJ's did a great job :D I will post up some photos and a playlist tomorrow most likely.

Ahh the joys of hotel fire alarms, though by the time I'd surfaced and got out of the room the bloody thing stopped :D

Bit quiet when I had my spot. In fact seemed at one stage I managed to not only clear the dancefloor, but half the club as well :lol: Takes some skill that :D

Anyway as others have said another top night. All the DJ's played blinding spots.

Another playlist:-

International GTO's - I Love My Baby - Rojac

Tony Middleton - Paris Blues - Mala

Youth Opportunity Program - Of Hopes And Dreams And Tombstones

Ozz & His Sperlings - Daddy Rollin' Stone - Goldenway

Benny Spellman - This Is For You My Love - Alon

Doris Smith - No Good Guy - Limelight

Drake & The Ensolids - Please Leave Me - Alteen

Limitations - I'm Lonely, I'm Troubled - Bacone

Royal Esquires - Ain't Gonna Run - Prix

Enchantments - I'm In Love With Your Daughter - Faro

Tony Galla - In Love - Swan

Sam Fletcher - I'd Think It Over - Tollie

Marion Stewart - I Must Be Losing You - R

Sammy Ambrose - This Diamond Ring - Musicor

Gino - It's Only A Paper Moon - Golden Crest

Fidels - I'm Giving You Notice - Dore

Bands Of Gold - It's Over - Smash

Joe Buckman - Til The End Of Time - Sepia

Carol Woods - Heartbreaker - Perfecto 7

Delegates Of Soul - I'll Come Running Back - Uplook

Tom - Emmanuel and Ron Experience - Why (The Knower) - Golden Three

Ronnie Walker - Magic's In The Air - Event

Magic Night - If You And I Had Never Met - Roulette

Four Perfections - I'm Not Strong Enough - Party Time

PS Nice to be able to say you've kicked Pat Brady off the decks :D

Top day all round, and great to be able to put a face to so many SS regulars. Great sounds all day, but I have to single out Brett's early spot (not least because I was sober then!) as very good, as was his double-decking with Tony Jackson later on. I was the proud recipient of a soul pack given to me by Jamie, which presumably means that I won the quiz :D ....If this was a ghastly case of mistaken identity, somebody PM me! (might fight you for the copy of Louis Armstrong's "Hello Dolly" though....not getting many plays out these days!)Great CD as well :lol:

Big big thanks to all who attended, yet again me and Jamie are pretty humbled by people travelling so far for Soulsville. It was a superb day, brilliant people and as has already been mentioned, the music was spot on, so a very big thank you to all the jocks :D (and especially to Tony Jackson, Ged Parker and Chalky for stepping in last minute - thanks guys).

Great to see Mr Soul Source Mike Hughes on the wheels of steel too and keeping the floor packed. Ta to Janine and Dave for sorting the quiz (sorry you couldn't come) and for Karen C for devoting time and energy into getting everyone to participate :D . However, on that point, there is NO WAY that was a pic of Johnny Nightingale in speedos on the beach - I'm not having that :D .

Will try and get some pics posted on here tonight (there are some right crackers inc. Shute with 2 mysterious horns coming out of his head and Tony Jackson and Andy F lamenting the demise of their football teams :D ) but thanks to all who attended and I hope you enjoy the CD. If anyone didn't get a copy, PM me and I'll sort.

See you all soon :lol:

Rich

p.s how can ANYONE slag off Russia's finest import, Baltika - shame on you!!

Guest Johnny One Trout

However, on that point, there is NO WAY that was a pic of Johnny Nightingale in speedos on the beach - I'm not having that :D .

Errrrrrrm do you mean this one? Can't believe she used it and anyway it's not the beach it's the Quarry at Astbury just outside of Congleton around 1980 :lol:

post-1207-1130765371_thumb.jpg

Where do I start? Well, yesterday was a write-off for starters! I managed to drag myself out of bed to drop Brett off at the train station, came back and rustled up a bit of brekkie for Rachel (hope I didn’t poison you!) before dropping her off for her steady rail journey home to Edinburgh (Yikes!).

I then set up base-camp on the Sofa, Laura joined me about 2:00pm and I refused to move until the Level 5 Hurricane in my head subsided about 9:30pm.

So, on to Saturday. Didn’t have the best of starts! Head was a shed again as Laura & I had had a run-in with Ernest & Julio Gallo the night before. So a bit of a rush and just managed to get down to the bar for 11:00am, to be greeted by Rich Buckley and a locked door; no worries I thought, I’ll just call the owner on the moby. Switched off. Hmmm, this was going well. A familiar and excitable figure appeared at the top street with a silvery box. Mr Franklin arrived right on cue. Further furtive phone calls all ended with the same monotone recorded message. 11:30am came and went; the only highlight was the arrival of the Urban Legend that is Neil Page, resplendent in Tie-Die Wrestling T-Shirt.

Bar staff were turning up and only the owner had the key! Contact was finally established about 11:45 and he eventually turned up just after 12:00. We’d missed our first spot, and Brett was keen to get on the decks as soon as possible. Once we’d got set up, the sounds were to flow for the 12 hours solid. A great opening spot with a good mixture of the cheap and not so cheap. He was allowed to play Dolly Gilmore ‘Sweet Sweet Baby’ Dove with the non-negotiable condition that he had to play it again in his later set. Without a doubt my personal tune of the day. It was Laura’s first ever Soul event, and she loved the track so much she later made Brett play it 3 times on the trot when we got back to mine. He also treated us to the quality flip; a fine mid-tempo crossover cut. If only I had the cash I’d be chasing one today!

Neil Page stepped up next, and the man that is a walking action-film proceeded to spin some quality classic Northern sounds, and as promised, Jimmy Mack got a run-out. Although I’m not sure whether his world was on fire, Neil’s T-Shirt definitely was.

A few familiar faces were starting to filter in; Andy Bellwood and the York gang, Ian (Supercorsa) & his good lady and I escorted Mr & Mrs Crane over from the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Tony Jackson foolishly let Janet go shopping while he came down for the early session; her Hermit Crab Shell Bustier from Vivienne Westwood looked great later on.

Rich & I slipped into the 2-3 set, and if I’m totally honest, can hardly remember anything I played, but I know Sonji Clay ‘I Can’t Wait’ Sonjee, Chubby & Turnpikes ‘Inside Story’ Capitol and Porgy Williams ‘Lonely Man’s Hum’ Sylves got a dusting off. We also had a Metro’s versus O’Jays ‘I’ll Never Forget You’ one after the other, which had a few casting glances over! We then had a couple of Pikey’s turn up, demanding to play a set. I agreed they could play the 3-4 spot and bought some pegs off them.

Joe Dutton (Pikey’s Dog) squeezed behind the decks after us, and played some of his very good 70’s collection. Al Mason ‘Good Lovin’ Fynal Vynal got my attention, as this has just gone for a few quid on Manships, Eddie Billups ‘Shake Of That Dream’ Gar-Pax, which is better than the Helpp/Seventy 7 cut IMVHO and the impossible to dislike Bill Brandon ‘Streets Got My Lady’ Piedmont. It was the first time Pat Brady had heard him play a 70’s spot and thought very highly of it. Good arras Joe!

Pat had the 4-5 spot to himself, as unfortunately John Parker had work commitments. He delighted as usual by doubling-up as raconteur as well as DJ. His one-liners never fail to raise a smile. I’ll try and get a few plays from him, as I was on full meet & greet duty by this time.

At this point, I’ll be honest and say I’d had a good few, and my idea to write at least 3 tracks down from all the guests to insert into this review had disappeared as quickly as the last bottle of Baltika, so to all the following DJ’s please don’t think I’m being selective, I just simply can’t remember!!! So with that I’d appreciate it if you could please post up your plays in the Soulsville thread.

The Millennium Faulkner crash landed in the bar, and like the true gent he is, Andy did the old switcheroo and stepped in for the next hour, as we feared Shute had taken a wrong turning and got lost. He as usual played a solid hour of quality 60’s which was well received. Shute actually did turn up with about 5 mins to spare, but Andy was happy to leave it as it was.

People were arriving all the time, and it was great to see all the familiar faces coming through the door.

So up stepped Stafford’s finest and one of the guys who makes the Stafford Rangers night so popular. Top marks as he was one of only 2 SSCDT members to wear their T-Shirts, and I must admit, I forgot to bring mine down. He played some fantastic rare 60’s stuff, and I think Pat & Blenders ‘Just Because’ featured as I had a 5 minute dance away from greeting duties.

7:00 heralded the arrival of John May behind the decks, and as a regular guest DJ at Soulsville you know he never disappoints; great mix of 60’s and early 70’s and I wandered over to clock the decks a few times – if I could only remember what they were!!! He was well supported by fellow East Midlanders Tony (MAK) and Mark (Mormar44) along with their better halves.

The night was accelerating by now, and the last 5 hours just flew, a decent crowd in and bit of a party atmosphere.

Next was the Pin-Up Girl of King’s Lynn, yep, Crazy Legs Crane. Karen has started to get quite a name for herself of late, but luckily just for her DJ skills! Always a pleasure to have her on and a guaranteed good mix of dancefloor movers. I can’t thank her enough for her help with the Quiz. The money we raised from the entrance fee we decided to give as first prize, along with a load of goodies donated by Janine Snow, Dave Abbott and John & Ali Nightingale. A special mention and ‘thank-you’ to them as they unfortunately couldn’t make it.

9 Bells brought about turntable terrors Brett Franklin & Tony Jackson. What a treat and the second set of our three doubling-up sessions. I had Trevor Berbick legs by now, and found dancing ‘difficult’, but what a joy to the ears! Just a shame when Dolly Gilmore got another spin I was unable to bust some moves to it. Brett & Tony – I demand your play lists! Brilliant Stuff!

Down to the last 2 hours now and at 10 up to the Oche stepped Ged Parker and Chalky. Another pairing thrown together for the first time and again another slice of variety. You can use too many superlatives when doing a review of your own night, but I don’t think that applies when reviewing DJ’s sets (unless of course it’s your best mate or partner!) and these two guys served up some cracking mid-tempo numbers and was a pleasure on my ears.

On to the final hour. Mike Hughes stepped forward, indirectly the reason for Saturday’s gathering as all the DJ’s are members of Soul Source and without doubt a man doing a very time consuming job in keeping it running for us all to enjoy – Hat’s Off, Mike! I remember his Judy Freeman acetate and his current reactivation Razzy ‘I Hate Hate’ on MGM. IMVHO more polished than the earlier Aquarius cut, but it did the business at Blackpool & Cleethorpes first time around.

Thanks to Mike as he handed over the decks to Rich & I 15 minutes early so we could play the last few. We’d managed to squeeze an extra 30 mins. out of the bar owner due to the late start, and finish at 12:00.

I think I kicked off with the Ascots 'Just A Few Feet From The Gutter', and finished the night with Tony Fox 'Love, Let Love And Be Loved' Rich – help out with yours mate! Plenty of ‘Thank-You’s’ over the mic. at the end and so it came to a close. It was a roller coaster of a day, many laughs, too many beers and not enough hours. A sincere ‘thanks’ to everyone who came and made the effort. You all spent a lot of money to come and support us and it doesn’t go unnoticed.

As mentioned on the thread, we may have to look at an alternative venue due to licensing problems with the venue, mainly due to the Environmental Health being on the owner’s back all the time about noise abatement. We’ll look at everything closely and hopefully be in a position to make an announcement before the end of the year.

Thanks, it’s been emotional.

Jamie :lol:

Edited by Jamie

Anyway as others have said another top night. All the DJ's played blinding spots.

Another playlist:-

International GTO's - I Love My Baby - Rojac

Ozz & His Sperlings - Daddy Rollin' Stone - Goldenway

Delegates Of Soul - I'll Come Running Back - Uplook

Four Perfections - I'm Not Strong Enough - Party Time

PS Nice to be able to say you've kicked Pat Brady off the decks :lol:

Get in, Son :D

I love hearing these, blinding stuff.

Cheers Andy :D

:D Great day/night was had by all.....thanks to the Soulville boys for asking me to do a stink behind the decks....nice to see me owd buddy Pat out and about.......play list comming up, to what I can remember

CHOCOLATE BOYS - VOLTAIRE PEIR

PAT & BLENDERS - JUST BECAUSE

JOE DOUGLAS - CRAZY THINGS

WYNN CAMERON - WHERE DID I GO

ORIGINAL TRAITS - SOMEDAY SOON

SUSAN KING - BUILDING A WALL AROUND MY HEART

THE JONSES - HEY BABE

JOE KING - SPEAK ON UP

LINDA HAWLEY - USE YOUR HEAD

JOHN & WIEDEST - CAN'T GET OVER THESE MEMORIES

MOMENTS - YOU SAID

THE KITTENS - IS IT OVER BABY

CITATIONS - KEEP THE FAITH

EMMA REDE - I GOTTA BE WITH YOU

BOBBY MAC - SHY GUY

MAC & BARB - HOLD ME TIGHTER

KARMELLO BROOKS - TELL ME BABY

That your lot, in no particula order.............thanks again lads :D:lol::D

What a great day, huge thanks to Jamie and Rich for getting all this together, the one thing I love about the "Soulsville" ethic is the total intimacy of the whole event, it doesn't matter if your one of the DJ's a hardened collector or a travelling punter, bottom line is everyone is on a level with the common ground of just loving the music, a simple philosophy and a pleasure for me to be surrounded by like minded souls.

Haven't got a clue about everything I played, so here's a few I do recall

Dolly Gilmore "Sweet, Sweet Baby" (Dove) plus the flip "You're The Yes". superior side imho

F.J. Jones "Gone and Found Another" (Philo Spectrum)

Joan Baker "Everybody's Talking" (Diamond)

Freddie Houston "If I'd Have Known" (Bell acetate)

Ruby "Feminine Ingenuity" (Gold Token)

The Cruisers "Mink and Sable Mable" (Gamble demo)

Just Bobby & the Way Out West Section "I'm A Winner" (R/R)

Cletus Marland " You're Gonna Miss Me" (Terry)

107th Street Stickball Team "On Old Broadway" (Dorado)

Special thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Jackson, brilliant company and an honour to double with Tony later in the evening.

Edited by Brett

not had much time but here's some of what I played sharing the decks with Ged, in no order and probably missed a couple :lol::D we tried to crank the pace up but they kept asking for mid tempo :D

JJ Daniels - Mr Lonesome - Sureshot

Sugar Lumps - Won't You Help Me - Uptown

Larry Chubby Reynolds - Sweet Tooth - Tri Spin

Contours - Jealousy Creeping Up On Me - Unissued Motown

Patrice Holloway - Sugar Coated Words - Unissued Motown

Sonny Daye - Long Long Road To Happiness - Power

Gerri Diamond - Only You (Can Feel The Loss) - Counterpart

Chuck Henley - Broken Heart - Coach

Benny Latimore - Girl. I Got News For You - Dade

Ernest Sparks - I'll Be Glad - Soul O Sonic

Kae Williams - Unissued

???? more but can't remember :D sure they will come to me :D

Edited by chalky
Guest Richard Bergman

What a great day, huge thanks to Jamie and Rich for getting all this together, the one thing I love about the "Soulsville" ethic is the total intimacy of the whole event, it doesn't matter if your one of the DJ's a hardened collector or a travelling punter, bottom line is everyone is on a level with the common ground of just loving the music, a simple philosophy and a pleasure for me to be surrounded by like minded souls.

Haven't got a clue about everything I played, so here's a few I do recall

Dolly Gilmore "Sweet, Sweet Baby" (Dove) plus the flip "You're The Yes". superior side imho

F.J. Jones "Gone and Found Another" (Philo Spectrum)

Joan Baker "Everybody's Talking" (Diamond)

Freddie Houston "If I'd Have Known" (Bell acetate)

Ruby "Feminine Ingenuity" (Gold Token)

The Cruisers "Mink and Sable Mable" (Gamble demo)

Just Bobby & the Way Out West Section "I'm A Winner" (R/R)

Cletus Marland " You're Gonna Miss Me" (Terry)

107th Street Stickball Team "On Old Broadway" (Dorado)

Special thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Jackson, brilliant company and an honour to double with Tony later in the evening.

Desperate for a Dolly Gimore !!! Help please

Really good day, nice to put some more faces to names :D Great tunes all day... nice to catch Karen DJing even if she did threaten to throw things at me when I tried to become an adoring fan :lol: Hope Ray is feeling better.

Thanks to Jamie for the sleeping bag and breakfast and Brett for playing amazing tunes until the early hours (sorry I spoiled my Super Soulie status by having to eat and sleep :D )

Hi Rachel, you should have stopped downstairs i think i did another 2 hours on my own :D ......sorry for making you folks at Jamies listen to the words "But listen to the vocal ,man" around 78 times :D

Brett