Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

Great double sider from Otis Munson and Joe Jones (The Jones Brothers) from 1969 "That's All Over Baby" and "Without Your Love" this was pressed on a very authentic looking boot, if anyone interested the original is monarch stamped with delta no 76386. also the boot has a "clicks" on the intro of "That's All Over Baby"

https://youtu.be/QV-JhgaWDRw

https://youtu.be/YTdpzuMZsOA

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Mike

This is it...........Barry Smith.

Not a patch on P.J's version imo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_tv0DHNSk0

Cheers

Marty :hatsoff2:n

HI MIKE I LIKE BOTH VERSIONS, The Barry Smith version was to be released in the UK on the PEOPLE LABEL 119,However it was at the time when ISLAND RECORDS split from B&C/TROJAN, Hence some copy of the BROTHERS "in the pocket" have a TROJAN HEAD on the label rec #118, the next release 119 is the unused BARRY SMITH, But unlike the US copy it has a different B side, which i would like to play but cant record it??but have a scan, It's a nice collectible. :g: DAVE

THE UNRELEASED PEOPLE 119 UK 45.

post-13241-0-52680600-1320883384_thumb.jpost-13241-0-65974600-1320883407_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

thanks for the info Dave :thumbsup:

Here's one that I cannot put on without playing the flip as well ... great double sider. I'm sure i've got it recorded on laptop, if i find it i'll post it up

• Helpful 2
Social source share

think this was a soulpack record many years ago? can't remember now where I got it, I've been told it features the late Al Goodwin of the Moments, superb track for these days imo.

steve

The Vipers "Little Miss Sweetness"

Recently acquired one, cracker :thumbsup:

Tony

Edited by tonyp
Social source share

ARTHUR CONLEY with a an ultra-Soulful midtempo masterpiece that a lot of people are unaware of...(killer middle eight, great drum track)'i'm just like Otis Redding!!!'....

Edited by rich chorley
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Arthur Conley "Put Our Love Together"

ARTHUR CONLEY with a an ultra-Soulful midtempo masterpiece that a lot of people are unaware of...(killer middle eight, great drum track)'i'm just like Otis Redding!!!'....

Great track Rich, as ya say kinda passed a lot of people by, being tucked away on the flip of "Funky Street"

steve

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Got one of those "wait for it... wait for it...." intros, great track from The Lamp Sisters "No Cure For The Blues" on Duke, nice an' cheap too! :thumbsup:

steve

Ha - very nearly put this up a couple of mins ago, but then changed my mind for Herb :D

Social source share

Ha - very nearly put this up a couple of mins ago, but then changed my mind for Herb :D

:ohmy: wow! that's spooky! :D

talking bout Herb, the guy shouda made a lot more records than he did imho, believe he wasn't up for the recording industry, he cut a sublime track on Phil La under the name Sunshine, also believe he's a truck driver now (or was?)

steve

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

:ohmy: wow! that's spooky! :D

talking bout Herb, the guy shouda made a lot more records than he did imho, believe he wasn't up for the recording industry, he cut a sublime track on Phil La under the name Sunshine, also believe he's a truck driver now (or was?)

steve

It was a toss-up between The Lamp Sisters or The Magic Fleet (So Is Our Song), but no-one's uploaded that one to youtube yet! (A job for me next week maybe) lol

But as I flicked back up through the alphabet from "F" to "L" I had to pass "H" and went for Herb's masterpiece.

Social source share

Another one of my expensive collection :lol: , this really is a great record imho ! it was a bit funky then although popular at Cleggy.

I reckon you could have a weekender with tunes under £20 , don't you? anyways

BETTY WRIGHT - IF YOU LOVED ME LIKE YOU SAY YOU LOVED ME -ALSTON

i know there's a few copies in Louth , 'cause I was selling it for a £1 ( cost me 65p) Hey , I knew how to make money (not| !!)

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Edited by SWIFTY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

It was a toss-up between The Lamp Sisters or The Magic Fleet (So Is Our Song), but no-one's uploaded that one to youtube yet! (A job for me next week maybe) lol

But as I flicked back up through the alphabet from "F" to "L" I had to pass "H" and went for Herb's masterpiece.

:thumbsup:

ya got a youtube channel mate?

steve

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

:thumbsup:

ya got a youtube channel mate?

steve

Not as such Steve, just a coupla random vids, recorded with a hand-held Finepix SLR digi camera - replete with my dogs barking in the background on a couple of them lol I'm not really that technically minded :g:

Social source share

Not as such Steve, just a coupla random vids, recorded with a hand-held Finepix SLR digi camera - replete with my dogs barking in the background on a couple of them lol I'm not really that technically minded :g:

LOl nice one, like the dogs barking bit, least no ones gonna rip the track off youtube and copy it :D

steve

Social source share

Great track Rich, as ya say kinda passed a lot of people by, being tucked away on the flip of "Funky Street"

steve

Not you though STEVE obviously!....Seriously, over the years I have asked a lot of people whether they knew this track and the vast majority did not and some serious record people amongst them...Just goes to show, always worth flipping even the big Soul hits to see what is lurking on the other side.... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Another one of my expensive collection :lol: , this really is a great record imho ! it was a bit funky then although popular at Cleggy.

i know there's a few copies in Louth , 'cause I was selling it for a £1 ( cost me 65p) Hey , I knew how to make money (not| !!)

Cheers

Superb track, so many good tracks by her :thumbsup:

steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

LOl nice one, like the dogs barking bit, least no ones gonna rip the track off youtube and copy it :D

steve

THIS IS NOT NORTHERN SOUL FOLKS!!!

This is one of mine Steve, with my dogs joining in around 1 min & 12 seconds! I uploaded it as no-one else in the world had!! The flip side, is a mellow affair and much sought-after by jazz-heads, apparently. Still one of my fave 80's tunes & just love her vocal :P

Edited by soulboy1965
Social source share

Cheers

Drat was going to post this myself :yes:

GREAT TUNE and cheap as... still buy them for less than a tenner (m demos even) play this at least once a day, one of my favourite dance round the kitchen tunes :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The one that does it or me today is "Look what you done for me" - Contributors of Soul on New Miss Records.

Told by Simon it was a Keb Darge spin under those sticky labels, set you back about £8 - excellent vfm.

Bob

Bob , had this in a soul pack from Blues & Soul and always thought it was a good tune :thumbsup:

Swifty

Social source share

Great choice, one I ain't played or heard played out in a while. Never seen one on WEE, got a VEE JAY issue that sadly don't get out the box often enough.

As I was told at school - "must try harder"

Been playing The Ravennettes on Josie too, had that from you (think)

Bob

Bob , when I bought 'em they were well cheap 'cause it was in the days of all the classics ( Top 500) if you know what I mean,

so to most they were average sounds but to me it has it all . I presume WEE was the local issue.

anyway mate you have good taste :hatsoff2:

Social source share