Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

Whoops ! accidentally posted another ! Durr!

Lovely record and I need a new one , mine's f*cked

Peace !

Swifty

Swifty

Another one with a very underrated B side (Lift Your Love Higher),which happens to be one of my wifes fave tunes.

Shouldn't have any problem picking a copy up cheap.........it charted in it's day I think??

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Missed this one Martyn? just been spinning it, cheers for the heads up, ya caught me napping there mate :D

Don't ya just love it when someone puts ya onto a record ya already got! :yes:

steve

Steve

You've just bought a record that cost you nowt.........no better feeling :D

Every now & then I have a trawl through my collection & play the B sides,it's surprising what you can turn up.........my fave find recently is The Parliaments - Don't Be Sore At Me Revilot.......turn it over & you find All Your Goodies Are Gone a wonderful group dancer.I bet the members on here could reel loads off like that :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Delwands "No Hope No Faith" and "This Time (I'm Gonna Win)" on Zudan, great double sider for me. Don't think it's in the "book" (yet!) so nice an cheap I'd hope.

prefering this side these days :thumbsup:

steve

Used to have one of these, i thought it to be a poor mans shrine record, as it sounds similar....but definately not pollished :(.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Been busy at work again, heres mine for today Dynamics "You make me feel good" RCA

not forgeting the deep soul flip Zerben R Hicks & the Dynamics "Lights out"

Edited by miff
Social source share

Been busy at work again, heres mine for today Dynamics "You make me feel good" RCA

Miff

TUNE!!!!!!!!!

As played by Karl Rhodes at The Wilton last night.One of those tunes that sounds as good if not better then the first time I heard it.It's a tune that makes feel so lucky that I "get" soul music.

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

No idea at all whether this record has seen much action (Can anybody inform me? )

It was played at nighters around the late 80's early 90's. I always enjoy hearing it!

Social source share

Hi Jason

The Bobby Foster track is another top quality posting from you. A real "indie" sound - no overdubs apart possibly from the vocal, great drums, bass, piano and guitar and some studio "bleeding" right at the beginning if you listen on headphones of something which sounds like " what the f**** going on ? I love big productions but these indie releases are what I personally like the most especially the difficult to dance to middle eight. Another one for the mp3 player.

Edited by autumnstoned
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Jason

The Bobby Foster track is another top quality posting from you. A real "indie" sound - no overdubs apart possibly from the vocal, great drums, bass, piano and guitar and some studio "bleeding" right at the beginning if you listen on headphones of something which sounds like " what the f**** going on ? I love big productions but these indie releases are what I personally like the most. Another one for the mp3 player.

Never noticed that till you spotted it !!! Picked this up some years back from a most unlikely source.Car boot on a Tuesday,along with Four Tops - Reach out,g&w demo.£2 each..Both now gone.

Social source share

Back to the midtempo stuff for me, picked this up back in 1977 in 'ODDS AND ENDS' record shop in the backstreets of Southampton...It came out of a huge '10p each' cardboard box...Still got it, great record, pure Soul from MIRWOOD...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Twofer day for me today.Another great cheapie that's had plays for both sides.

Chris Calloway - I Don't Need Another Baby Cub

Chris Calloway-You're Something Else Cub

Cheers

Martyn

Posted Something Else a few pages back Martyn .. Had never played the otherside (un like me) great tune.. Cabs Daughter at her best..

How did Something Else never go massive back in the day? ticks all the boxes imho.... and cheap as :yes:

Edited by ritchie
Social source share

Posted Something Else a few pages back Martyn .. Had never played the otherside (un like me) great tune.. Cabs Daughter at her best..

How did Something Else never go massive back in the day? ticks all the boxes imho.... and cheap as :yes:

Ritchie

Sorry for the repeat play...........it's my age :(

I think the reason it never went massive is the same old problem.......it's a cheapie..........never say never though as it keeps appearing on playlist so it may have it's day yet????

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Ritchie

Sorry for the repeat play...........it's my age :(

I think the reason it never went massive is the same old problem.......it's a cheapie..........never say never though as it keeps appearing on playlist so it may have it's day yet????

Cheers

Martyn

I've been after one of these for a while but I think the 'I dont need another baby' is by far the superior record, lovely tune mate...

Social source share

The Chris Calloway is the Something Else side......the other side is far too slow to dance to.Okay listening music.Been plugging this one for years.Ive only found 2 good tracks by them This Is The Way I Feel and this one....the others are duffers.Just got a demo of this and cheap as chips again .

Here's their other good record

Edited by wiggyflat
Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

I've been after one of these for a while but I think the 'I dont need another baby' is by far the superior record, lovely tune mate...

Hey Rich - I managed to get from a eekbay 30th Oct from a seller in France - and only £18! Great slab of vinyl. Good luck with the hunt.

Social source share

Rich

I bought it quite awhile back for "You're Something Else" but as of late "I Don't Need Another Baby" has become my preferred side.Saying that they are both brill & I'm splitting hairs.

Just had a quick trawl about thinking I'd be able to point in the direction of one easily enough but beside a couple of well overpriced ones on Gemm couldn't track one down?So good hunting :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Yeah I have seen some overpriced ones..That's why I still dont have one! Cannot understand why WIGGY says that side is too slow to dance to...Same pace as hundreds of records ...Perfect for me and definetly the more 'soulful' of the two...Was in a record shop in New York not long ago and the guy had just sold one for ten dollars the day before I walked in! Thanks for the effort anyway mate.. :hatsoff2: .

• Helpful 1
Social source share