Combinations And C.o.d.s

Guest ruppy

The combinations and c.o.ds have been booted on a double sider ,enough is enough is ,I know who this bootlegger is

Hope he got good brief team he will need it

What's pisses me of these bootlegging twats have never owned these records and think they have the right to destroy good rare records

He has done endless 45s in the last 2 years ,enough is enough

Fin stinks

Mick h

Social source share

Bootlegging records is an occupational hazard for djs and collectors. I accept that. That seems to revolve around value though not as much in today's scene.

Those who put out material illegally should be prosecuted.

People who buy bootlegs I have no objections. Its their choice. I've got "He who picks a rose" J.Ruffin myself. I can understand that someone without the say £15,000 to buy these records if even available and who liked them will be quite pleased to get them. I dont think the term "destroyed" will be uppermost in their minds.

ROD

Social source share

think that is just one of many who will be selling these on ebay Pete - business is business i suppose so cant blame the sellers lol

Can't blame the sellers? Business is business? Oh right!

Remind me to flood the market with some moody Chinese fake Ralph Lauren goods for Christmas....Bootleg is a bootleg whether it's a record or a handbag.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Can't blame the sellers? Business is business? Oh right!

Remind me to flood the market with some moody Chinese fake Ralph Lauren goods for Christmas....Bootleg is a bootleg whether it's a record or a handbag.

whatever pal, but until u stop the source the sellers will flood the market and thats my point, they make money we sit here and moan, solves f++k all

Social source share

Stop the source then....

sure we wish it was that easy Russ, and im sure many have approached ebay and got nowhere, its not just fake records on there its everything from clothing, games, etc, etc, blind eye and all that so they carry on making heaps of dough out of couterfiets

And we all know how annoying it is when u r a bout to follow someone on the decks when they bang on a boot of a tune you have just paid a pretty penny for on OVO :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

And we all know how annoying it is when u r a bout to follow someone on the decks when they bang on a boot of a tune you have just paid a pretty penny for on OVO :(

Yes and honestly if someone did that to me I'm sure I'd take the boot off short. 100%. Even if it was the promotor. But it never happens to me....I normally seem to follow OV types.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Why not report them to the local Trading Standards Office at the Town Hall. They seem to be the ones on the case of counterfeiters

They normally have a remit from the people that own the trademarks or some organisation working on their behalf. You won't stop people bootlegging until whoever owns the rights to the labels/tunes/whatever threatens to sue ebay (deep pockets needed I would think) and also acts against the bootleggers.

Unfortunately most of them seem to consider it not worth the effort or money.

Universal ought to protect the motown labels but it doesn't, hence all the tatty bootleg t-shirts and mugs sold at weekenders and on ebay, not to mention the looky likey bootleg records.

Edited by paultp
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Who ? Still havent got a clue.. as usual LOL

Well, it says "soulfulrecords.com" on the label of the bootleg. www.soulfulrecords.com sells an awful number of pressings. A certain Mr Alan Godfrey from Bridgend is registered (Lookup whois.com for all details), therefore safe to assume he runs the site.

Also, a Mr. Alan Godfrey from Bridgend is among the Ebay sellers of the Combinations bootleg, his id is "soulful-records12" or so, and again sells an awful number of bootlegs. So there might be a link? :g:

Some may remember that back in 2007 a bootlegger was raided, counterfeit records and CDs worth thousands and thousands were seized (there's a thread about that somewhere on Soul Source). Name of the bootlegger was Alan Godfrey from Wales. Coincidence?

Might be completely wrong tho....

Social source share

Think you might be being a tad harsh here.

After all, it's hard enough to start a new night up, surely you're not expected to have Real records as well ???

:wicked:

Tony

why not have real records' thats what i want see at any venue i go to

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If it happened to me, whoever removed it, his record would follow mine across the dancefloor - THEN it would kick off :lol:

blimey don't people take things seriously, nobody has the right to touch anyone else's records, it's forbidden

Reality is Pete I don't take bookings for many venues, and certainly not ones where these sort of guys hang out, so it's really unlikely to happen in the real world. I can see it being a problem for the "rent-a-DJ" crowd that beg for bookings everywhere though.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

First thing I do in a morning is bootleg a 45. Even before a fag and a coffee.

It was the use of the term "destroyed".

Two Wigan oldies bootlegged. Im with Davie.

I think the biggest shock for me was that Steve G has spelt parasite incorrectly.

ROD

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!