Premium Stuff

Innocent Bystanders On Pameline - Who Were They?

The current 'instrumental' thread got me thinking about who the Innocent Bystanders were.

On one side of this disc is the iconic Detroit instrumental 'Frantic Escape'. However, the other side is a funky vocal number called 'Crime (Doesn't Pay)'.

The vocals sure remind me of someone, but I can't pin it down, and it got me thinking who were the Innocent Bystanders?

Hopefully someone on here will know - so thanks in advance for any info  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff

Popcorn (piano) Mike Terry (baritone sax.) Dave Hamilton (vibes) Robert Finch (drums) Jamerson (bass) according to Popcorn on 'Frantic escape'

Edited by Rob Moss

Anyone got any idea who the singers were please?

Found a YouTube clip  :thumbsup:

Bit of a "War" type thing going on - huhh! 

The demo only has this track unfortunately - not "Frantic Escape" on it.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff

Going by memory the Carstairs was on in Blackpool and a friend of mine picked them up from a London airport , on the way to Blackpool he brought them to my house for a cup of tea , me and Cleavland was talking soul when he told me they was the Inocent Bystandres i told him i had Frantic Escape on Atlantic records he said it was not possible has he never recorded for Atlantic so i looked for my copy and the Pameline demo of Crime Doesnt Pay he said on his return to the States he would see a solicitor to ask for royalties, before he left he sighned both copys and if you would like to see i would be happy to show you .

Hope this helps

Glyn

What was the rest of the group on Crime Doesn't Pay?  I can believe Cleveland Horne singing on it (as he moved about from what I've read) but the whole of the Carstairs Group?  What was the Carstairs line up? 

Sorry cant remember it was Kev Thomas ,Rob Thomas younger brother who picked them up from the Airport,I think they stayed at his house in Draycott Derbyshire for the night before carrying on to Blackpool the next day.One of the two brothers may remember.

Glyn

thats astounding!...no known connection until you exposed it glyn...the session musicians on frantic escape though are still the funk brothers, aren't they?

See Rob's post #2 above for the band line-up

Cheers

Richard

Hi just been routing through my junk box and found the adresses of some of the Carstairs.

Eruin Langley

Lakeside

NJ

Paul

Detroit

and Cleavland Horn who by the way passed away a couple of years ago

Detroit

These adresses was given to me by the band members.I have full adresses and telephone numbers for obvious reasons i have with held that information

Glyn

After all the visits Popcorn had from various peeps on the scene and that lovely flyer put up by Glyn anybody had an acetate or tape with a Lures recording?

Fuuny you should mention The Lures.....as i have no information at all about them.!! I've Googled the life out of them....where's Roburt when you need him? :lol:

After all the visits Popcorn had from various peeps on the scene and that lovely flyer put up by Glyn anybody had an acetate or tape with a Lures recording?

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.