Dobber

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Top tune has to be Tony Mason "Take Good Care"

Closely followed by Willie Kendrick "What's That On Your Finger"

Not sure this qualifies as it's almost midtempo, but it's very "Big City", and my girlie choice, Lesley Miller " I Talk To Your Picture"

other 'less quickies, but not really beat ballads' of note from the later 60's or 70's inc the magnificent Prime Ministers "Make Up", Main Ingredient "Black Seeds", Jon Lucien "Would You Believe In Me" Insights "You're Just A Someday Girl" Charles Drain "I'm Gonna Stay" & Mighty Pope " If You Want A Love Affair" - all of which have received plays at suitable venues down the years

• Helpful 1
Social source share

My choices are bit obvious I know, always thought Bobby Day - Pretty Girl Next Door , Takes some beating.

Along with Kenny Cater I've got to find her and of course H B Barnum.

However it just goes to show that there'd be plenty to play with for another of those great

Kent RCA Compilations.

Social source share

Superb choices.  Used to have a lovely UK green demo of Sylvie Vartan and I don't know if anyone remembers this, I had a UK Decca acetate of April, May & June, it was obviously mooted for a UK RCA release but it never happened (Decca distributed RCA product at the time)

Social source share

Superb choices.  Used to have a lovely UK green demo of Sylvie Vartan and I don't know if anyone remembers this, I had a UK Decca acetate of April, May & June, it was obviously mooted for a UK RCA release but it never happened (Decca distributed RCA product at the time)

That's what put me on to this one your Acetate April May June track.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert