Writing On Label - Not Always A Bad Thing

Soul16

ive got a larry wright on a go go....but some bloke called popcorn wylie has scribbled his name on it.......also a joseph moore scribbled on by joseph moore

Yes and that bloke called "popcorn" also wrote my name on the label

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest turntableterra

here is a few, jimmy ruffin, phil flowers with the great tune discontented (thee version) berry gordy on the tape and the smokey robinson.  a few years ago I  won a  records  lot on ebay for about 4 dollars and when the came this smokey signature was among them, not sure if the brian rae one counts but still a piece of soul historypost-20010-0-94454000-1398256926_thumb.jpost-20010-0-09732500-1398256953_thumb.jpost-20010-0-16709100-1398256990_thumb.jpost-20010-0-58635300-1398257016_thumb.jpost-20010-0-08373300-1398257043_thumb.j

Social source share

Here are a couple with Stickers that should be classed as part of a records promotion and therefore Belong.

Nice to have a clean label but certain Stickers / DJ Graffiti from back in the 60s I don't mind.

Regarding Graffiti, It's probably Impossible to verify / endorse , Sometimes it just looks right so fair enough.

Artist, Producer, etc  Signed copies It really comes down to research / provenance I suppose.

GORDY_G-7038-A_DJ.jpgGORDY_G-7038-B_DJ.jpg

20th_CENTURY_FOX_RECORDS_555-A_Howard_Be20th_CENTURY_FOX_RECORDS_555-B_Howard_Be

Music promoter in '50s, '60s

CHIGAGO TRIBUNE >>> HOWARD BEDNO <<<

Social source share

subtle, i think the creations on globe one is the best so far. one of the best records and i would have never noticed the valentine's day.

you gotta pop out the metal center on that cheryl ann. i finally picked up that skill after years of unsuccessful attempts. apparently all rockabilly collectors can do it in 2 seconds.

I don't want to risk breaking it Boba ....

Social source share

Autographs on labels, are records that have been defaced/damaged by having writing on the label!

There are only a set number of originals in the world of each record, and they can never be replaced!!! 

Each one that gets damaged is one less for ever!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!