Timi Yuro On Ebay

One thing we seem to agree on is this 45 isn't as rare as the price tag suggests, so for me the main reason it is commanding the sums that it does can only be down to demand, folk from right across the scene, serious collectors, DJs, dancers and even handbaggers (hate that term) appear to, in the main, like the track, hey ho,

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ha! No, you're right. What I should have said is I bought it because she had done 'What's a Matter Baby'. Christ, I must be getting Alzheimers.

That Alzheimers is a bugger to shift, glad I got over it when I did.

Now then...what did I come in here for?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest northernsoul62

Hey, is that you Mick?  How's things?  Hope you're well.

yes mate in process of selling entire collection soul/punk/mod....sold a few big ones on here having to go on ebay now everyone wants 50/40 yr old records mint ..

Social source share

Both records are pure magic regardless of price  :yes:

Neither are my cup of tea, sat in the car earlier with some compilation cd I made was on , then bobby Hutton  lend a hand came on it proper chocked me up the pure emotion of the whole song voice etc , to me this knocks spots off timi yuro & jd Bryant  to me that's a proper soul tune

Social source share

Neither are my cup of tea, sat in the car earlier with some compilation cd I made was on , then bobby Hutton  lend a hand came on it proper chocked me up the pure emotion of the whole song voice etc , to me this knocks spots off timi yuro & jd Bryant  to me that's a proper soul tune

One mans meat and all that,Bobby Hutton is class too imho

Social source share

I can understand people having different opinions on Timi Yuro But I find it hard to beleive that anybody who loves Soul Music does not like jD Bryant that tune to me is 100 percent solid soul each to their own but not to like that one surprises me. kind Regards ML 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I can understand people having different opinions on Timi Yuro But I find it hard to beleive that anybody who loves Soul Music does not like jD Bryant that tune to me is 100 percent solid soul each to their own but not to like that one surprises me. kind Regards ML 

Yes but because it's a 100 per cent soul record doesn't mean everyone likes it, there's soul records I love and there's soul records I don't like, I've loved soul music for 40 years have you never listened to a soul record and thought I don't like that and skip to the next tune, well that's me and jd bryant

Social source share

At he the end of the day it's different strokes for different folks as with everything, there is always going to be likers and haters for everything. Coming on here saying something is crap, or something is brilliant is OK, providing you realise that that is your opinion, and there will be as many disagree with you, as agree with you.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes but because it's a 100 per cent soul record doesn't mean everyone likes it, there's soul records I love and there's soul records I don't like, I've loved soul music for 40 years have you never listened to a soul record and thought I don't like that and skip to the next tune, well that's me and jd bryant

That's why I said each to their own.

keep on Keeping on ML

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

what do you think this will end at ? will we see the first two grand Timi ? I think this may hit £1700.00.regards Bob hope.

Social source share

A couple of the bidders have really low feedbacks, newcomers maybe ? A lot of money, someone's going to a happy camper !

The fact that it has gone so high so early in the auction suggests there is probably some naivety involved, surely it's wiser to keep your powder dry and have a look towards the close of play,

Edited by Pete60
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Might be time for me to get rid of this on ebay.
Now I know the Stardust label is frowned upon but they are legit in Canada & as this test press/demo is from New York it makes it probably the only legit USA copy there is.
Also know it looks made up but it really is a Stardust test press as plays Gene Mcdaniels on the flip & the run out groove numbers match.post-3218-0-93898500-1428091701_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest mrjohnsons51

Sorry if I have missed it already being mentioned, but I've never seen it go so high, where's it going to finish????

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321707094493?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

not the rarest of issues, but due to the high demand and undoubted explosion of this wonderful music, i do think this is perhaps just a small start to something explosive.

Social source share

Guest mrjohnsons51

dont really want to get into the polotics of this wonderful scene, but everyone involved has every right to persue some kind of exclusivity {to an extent).

rare vinyl will only sell if the buyer is willing to pay for it.

not the rarest of issues, but due to the high demand and undoubted explosion of this wonderful music, i do think this is perhaps just a small start to something explosive.

is it right or wrong ?........dont really want to make any objective, due to the fact that people pay high sums for rarity.

thats has to be that individuals absolute right.

Edited by mrjohnsons51
Social source share

Guest mrjohnsons51

One thing we seem to agree on is this 45 isn't as rare as the price tag suggests, so for me the main reason it is commanding the sums that it does can only be down to demand, folk from right across the scene, serious collectors, DJs, dancers and even handbaggers (hate that term) appear to, in the main, like the track, hey ho,

good point Pete, iv been into the scene for well over 35yrs now, and yes i ussta collect,sadly due to losing my job with regret had to sell my beloved collection.

oh well we live on, i do understand the rare and original philosophy of collectors, and also believe that this will en-devour to attract serious djs and collectors.

but this said, i do feel that less fortunate collectors,djs should not be ridiculed for playing "reissues" bootlegs" within smaller local venues. surely these are the people that open the doors to the greater venues,djs and without sounds.

Social source share

Now I know the Stardust label is frowned upon but they are legit in Canada & as this test press/demo is from New York it makes it probably the only legit USA copy there is.

Also know it looks made up but it really is a Stardust test press as plays Gene Mcdaniels on the flip & the run out groove numbers match.attachicon.gifimg010.jpg

Don't know about Canada. But Stardust isn't legit in the rest of world. Period.

Social source share

Guest Waggy

wiser to keep your powder dry and have a look towards the close of play,

f**kin brilliant comment.

For what its worth I thought the sept 2014 ebay auction was a rarity because it was a Liberty solid centre copy (?) But if you look back across past auctions it seems not, and ANY Timi "Over....." seems to have more than doubled now in value now. Never seen another solid centre version though...............

And I dont think the shite film is to blame coz it aint on the soundtrack.

Edited by Waggy
Social source share

Can you or anyone else proove that?

If they are not legitimate then why on earth would they print their address on the label?

Ian Dewhirst once explained how it is done.  They pay some sort of fee and say they can't find the rights owners etc.  Then if the rightful owner sees it he can come after the label for what is due, probably more than the fee.  Dunno if Stardust went about it this way but with so many releases and so many people to chase and get the permission it makes you wonder?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Also know it looks made up but it really is a Stardust test press as plays Gene Mcdaniels on the flip & the run out groove numbers match.attachicon.gifimg010.jpg

I could make you one like that in half an hour...

Social source share

have i gone mad or has the timi yuro copy that was once on 1600 quid dropped in value to 1000 quid!

ive never seen a record drop that fast before...oh yes i have..clara hardy

ps.. j d bryant is one of the finest records to crawl out out of the eighties,its a credit to the northern soul scene,mind you im biased!

Social source share

Yeah the only way that could happen is if someone has withdrawn a bid, But it doesn't just withdraw 1 bid, say someone has set their maximum bid to say £2000, and the he withdraws that bid, it withdraws every bid they have made to get to where the bidding was when they withdrew, so that takes the bid down quite a lot as in this case. I bet the seller is p***ed off tho'. Complicated I know, but that's how it works. Then maybe the same bidder that withdrew their bid has placed a smaller bid?

Just looked again and these are the withdrawn bids

Bid retraction and cancellation history s.gif Bidder s.gifbtnHelp.gif Action Date of bid and retraction s.gifp***is.gif112iconTealStar_25x25.gif) Retracted: £1,550.00 Bid:30-Mar-15 21:41:54 BST
Retracted: 04-Apr-15 20:33:22 BST s.gif2***ls.gif739iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif) Retracted: £1,020.00 Bid:28-Mar-15 19:27:02 GMT
Retracted: 04-Apr-15 20:58:34 BST s.gif.***0s.gif16iconYellowStar_25x25.gif) Retracted: £1,600.00 Bid:31-Mar-15 19:36:42 BST
Retracted: 04-Apr-15 18:38:55 BST
Strange that, 3 different bidders retracting bids?? They may have been reading this thread, or apparently another one has gone on for £1200 so I have been made aware.
Social source share

Yeah the only way that could happen is if someone has withdrawn a bid, But it doesn't just withdraw 1 bid, say someone has set their maximum bid to say £2000, and the he withdraws that bid, it withdraws every bid they have made to get to where the bidding was when they withdrew, so that takes the bid down quite a lot as in this case. I bet the seller is p***ed off tho'. Complicated I know, but that's how it works. Then maybe the same bidder that withdrew their bid has placed a smaller bid?

Yes that makes sense to me, and yes the seller will be gutted

Social source share

Double post

Edited by Pete60
Social source share

Guest Waggy

Yes that makes sense to me, and yes the seller will be gutted

unless it was his mate and that was a plan all along to get the price up via shill-bidding......................and they hadnt realised that it would regress to that level come the dropout time. (or is that just me being a cynical old git?)

Edited by Waggy
Social source share

Yea the other one has been on days, it's had a couple of mentions on this thread so maybe they have retracted bids to concentrate on that,

Now it's down to £900 can those that have retracted bids rejoin the auction?

Yes when you retract a bid for say 'I entered the wrong amount', it says you can bid on the auction putting the correct amount you wish to bid.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

unless it was his mate and that was a plan all along to get the price up via shill-bidding......................and they hadnt realised that it would regress to that level come the dropout time. (or is that just me being a cynical old git?)

yes strange they all should pull out today when the auction finishes in a few hours, and I don't think you can retract a bid when it get to 12 hours to the end of the auction. I smell a rat.

Social source share

Guest Waggy

I smell a rat.

Me too. Rattus Shillus Norvegicus.

PS I "found" 2 Liberty label records together in a box of records in a junk shop in Abbey Street, Derby in the 80s. One of em was Timi and the other was Fifth Dimension - Train Keep on Moving. (5 for a pound or 25p each).  I gave the Timi away to a mate cos I didnt like it (at the time). Still got the Fifth Dimension. Push-out-centre with centre pushed out. Lol. (Make it look like an import.........)

Edited by Waggy
Social source share

Me too. Rattus Shillus Norvegicus.

PS I "found" 2 Liberty label records together in a box of records in a junk shop in Abbey Street, Derby in the 80s. One of em was Timi and the other was Fifth Dimension - Train Keep on Moving. (5 for a pound or 25p each).  I gave the Timi away to a mate cos I didnt like it (at the time). Still got the Fifth Dimension.

JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR. I AM THE SELLER AND THERE IS NO RODENT TO BE SMELT. THIS RECORD WAS PUT UP FOR AUCTION IN GOOD FAITH AND WILL BE SOLD IN GOOD FAITH.

Some bidders have retracted bids, possibly to bid on the other copy that's been listed or possibly because they have received a big gas bill - I don't know. What I do know is that I am not acquainted with any of the bidders - retractors or otherwise. I sell a fair bit on Ebay and resent any suggestion that I am anything other than honest. I have also sold records on here on a number of occasions and there are plenty of people who've bought from me who, I trust, will vouch for me as a genuine seller.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Waggy

JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR.

That will be you then, not me. I am entitled to draw my own conclusions based on the bidding activity, as is everyone else on this thread. And CAPITALIZATION indicates shouting in internet protocol.

And just so YOU are clear I have just reported the listing to eBay as one bidder has an overall 35% bidding activity of all activities with you, and you alone.

Edited by Waggy
Social source share

Something fishy going on. Bidders ducking and diving it appears. The appearance of the second copy has certainly rocked the boat. Retracting bids of this magnitude sets the alarm bells ringing whatever the circumstances. I doubt if all interested parties could now bid with confidence and the sellers may well not realise the prices hoped for.

Social source share

That will be you then, not me. I am entitled to draw my own conclusions based on the bidding activity, as is everyone else on this thread. And CAPITALIZATION indicates shouting in internet protocol.

And just so YOU are clear I have just reported the listing to eBay as one bidder has an overall 35% bidding activity of all activities with you, and you alone.

Jeez. Talk about rubbing salt into wounds. Has it not occurred to you that IF I was trying to rig the auction I would've had the sense to get my moody bidder to withdraw their bid when it was too late for anyone else to withdraw theirs? How does an auction going from £1600 to £900 actually help me? This auction has now been well and truly scuppered, most likely simply because another copy was listed and the bidders got rattled.

And yes, you are entitled to draw your own conclusions. You are also entitled to keep them to yourself, or, alternatively, direct you energies towards something that actually concerns you.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Just as a final aside - the bidder you refer to as having a 35% bidding activity with me and me alone actually has a 35% bidding activity with me over the last 30 days (not unusual I would imagine). Their top bid of £880 was outbid on March 28, since when they have not placed a further bid - go figure

Social source share

Just as a final aside - the bidder you refer to as having a 35% bidding activity with me and me alone actually has a 35% bidding activity with me over the last 30 days (not unusual I would imagine). Their top bid of £880 was outbid on March 28, since when they have not placed a further bid - go figure

Bidding activity refers to the total number of bids. Not number of items one has placed bids on. Buyer in question has placed 12 bids on several items. 5 bids on TY. That means %41 bidding activity with you. And it's not unusal as you say.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!