SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017-Keeps On Keeping On

Kev John

On 2/18/2017 at 18:07, Mick Sway said:

The only way is up, collect ability wise, I reckon.

Written by Biddu, one of his better ones.

Moon Williams I can't live without you Dick James Music (DJM) - not the best voice in the world though.

I have another version in the collection somewhere, might recall what it is someday:

Mick great choice been playing in my car got a Demo here :wink:

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 18/02/2017 at 18:07, Mick Sway said:

The only way is up, collect ability wise, I reckon.

Written by Biddu, one of his better ones.

Moon Williams I can't live without you Dick James Music (DJM) - not the best voice in the world though.

I have another version in the collection somewhere, might recall what it is someday:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 03/03/2017 at 19:00, Bruv said:

This still floats my boat after all these years, The Voices Of East Harlem - Cashing In  :hatsoff2:

R-1565301-1228826511.jpeg.jpg

Bruv

Classic is over used but "Cashing In" is & still sounds the biz but it's the other side that I play more these days...........

The Voices Of East Harlem - I  Like Having You Around Just Sunshine

• Helpful 3
Social source share

On 06/03/2017 at 16:24, hullsoul said:

Bruv

Classic is over used but "Cashing In" is & still sounds the biz but it's the other side that I play more these days...........

The Voices Of East Harlem - I  Like Having You Around Just Sunshine

Thanks for posting Martyn, I do like the B -side myself.

I do wish I could suss out how to put the links up on here. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Thanks for posting Martyn, I do like the B -side myself.

I do wish I could suss out how to put the links up on here. 

It's easy mate. Find the record on YouTube. Hit the share button just below the video, copy and then just paste into your post on here. If I can do it, well .......

Pete

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

It's easy mate. Find the record on YouTube. Hit the share button just below the video, copy and then just paste into your post on here. If I can do it, well .......

Pete

Thank you Pete, I will give it a try. 

Social source share

Back in the 90's at one of the early weekenders ,i think it was Cleethorpes but it could have been  Fleetwood ( mists of time and beer) .Whilst roaming around on Saturday afternoon i heard the dulcet tones of Sandra Wright Midnight Affair coming from one small room so i went to investigate , the room was virtually empty but Andy Davies was In the D.J. booth in one corner playing some tunes so stopped to listen . He played a record and i thought Wow ! that's brilliant so went over and asked who it was ,got all the info logged in my brain or so i thought ,but as always happens forgot all about it.

Now i always used to get Black night Records lists off of Gary so a few months after the above ,i ordered several records over the phone and awaited arrival ,he had miscounted on 2 of the records and sent me a replacement Album the track he recommended from the Lp was the very same i had inquired about from Andy Davis earlier see pdf of Garys llist and letter.

2017_03_16_14_16_00.pdf

• Helpful 3
Social source share

With bootleg's of The Millionaires Never for Me, going for in the high tens, why not go for

a nice low priced original oldie instead.

Another Stafford tune that still may have some legs, with a few nice breaks.

A bit girlie, but I likes it:

Amanda Humphrey-Power of Love-USA

• Helpful 3
Social source share

On 03/02/2017 at 21:11, Peter99 said:

A bit of soul man O V Wright from me tonight - a cover, and album only. The strongest version in my opinion. 

Just been enjoying catching up on here - some top tunes as usual but this one stands out for me, awesome deep soul. Found the LP on Discogs so thanks Pete, superb tip :thumbup:

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Just been enjoying catching up on here - some top tunes as usual but this one stands out for me, awesome deep soul. Found the LP on Discogs so thanks Pete, superb tip :thumbup:

Cheers Chris. Stunning isn't is it - play it full blast! 

Hope yer well boss.

P

Social source share

51 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Going to post two today, here's the first - from the Jap LP (Christmas present from her indoors last year :thumbsup:) Frankie Gearing 'Teardrops', soul as deep as you like and then some:-

Chris

Nearly a stomper for you :lol:What vocals.

Cheers

Martyn

PS Not long to 100 Club.......still not coming :wicked:

Social source share

1 hour ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Going to post two today, here's the first - from the Jap LP (Christmas present from her indoors last year :thumbsup:) Frankie Gearing 'Teardrops', soul as deep as you like and then some:-

Love this track but never had the album, first heard at Rods Soul Nites  back in the 90s at Canal Tavern Thorne, Interesting thing is i have a 12" Acetate which i bought from Garry S on one of my visits to Black Knight Records long before he retired due to ill health which is the same backing track but a male version uncredited to any singer with the title "Grapes To Wine", I played it at Soul Essence in a Sunday Collectors Session and caused a lot of interest as the Acetate had a connection to Hi Records people trying to put a name to the voice, Also played a 12" Acetate of Sir Henry Ivy singing "He Left You Standing There" from the same studio recording but with the original working title "Tears In Her Eyes" Thought i would share these bits of info with you and wish i knew how to upload stuff to share but don't know how.

Edited by RICK SCOTT
miss spelt wording
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

3 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Love this track but never had the album, first heard at Rods Soul Nites  back in the 90s at Canal Tavern Thorne, Interesting thing is i have a 12" Acetate which i bought from Garry S on one of my visits to Black Knight Records long before he retired due to ill health which is the same backing track but a male version uncredited to any singer with the tile "Grapes To Wine", I played it at Soul Essence in a Sunday Collectors Session and caused a lot of interest as the Acetate had a connection to Hi Records people trying to put a name to the voice, Also played a 12" Acetate of Sir Henry Ivy singing "He Left You Standing There" from the same studio recording but with the original working title "Tears In Her Eyes" Thought i would share these bits of info with you and wish i knew how to upload stuff to share but don't know how.

Rick

Great stuff.

Not a techie myself so if I can upload stuff I'm sure you can...............

Go to You Tube & choose your track...........

Underneath the track Vid there's a line with    +(Add To)   Share   ...More

Click on the Share button & the unique You Tube number will come up,copy that.

Come to the SS thread & click on the page as normal when you want to post then just paste the You Tube number you've just copied & it should just come up by it's self???

Good luck :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!