Top Tips... For 2007

Sean Hampsey

Guest martinsbox

If any other copies of these were available, They would go massive!!
heaven must have sent you - cynthia brown -qiana records 2001-b

Monkey Tonight - Eddie Kirk -King

ranting_1.gif

post-2262-1168428420_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1168428552_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 188
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Good fun this Sean thumbsup.gif

We should get a few more on board as the month progresses so keep that master list up to date mate!

A few Orwellian 2007 spins-

David Ruffin - I can't get over losing you - Motown

David Ruffin - One lucky day i found you - Motown

(can't decide which to go with - BOTH are fantabulous in their own way BUT there's also another 4 or 5 unreleased killers on the CD too!)

A couple for the Hilton this coming weekend in the Saturday afternoon tent session-

Imagination - Love diet - 20th Century

(methinks this may well finally break through this year at most quality venues)

Brenda Lee Eager - When I'm with you - Mercury

(this will suit the Hilton groovers down to the ground!)

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Good fun this Sean :lol:

We should get a few more on board as the month progresses so keep that master list up to date mate!

Cheers

Steve

Will do Steve... so long as the suggestions keep coming in.... I'll keep it going!

Makes for a Mouth Watering Wants list!

And... if I might say... some tasty items from Mr Plumb there, as we've come to expect!!

:)

Sean

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

On New Years Eve I played

Barbara Lynn's "Nice And Easy" For the first time in ages.

Not sure if it still get's spins ? God it sounded good to my ears again :good:

Edited by Gavin Page
Social source share

Not really sure whether these are tips but a few I am going to be playing at The York Soul Nites in 2007

Raving Mads Where Is The Love Ravin

Renovations Thanks To Him Angel Town

Sweet William Maybe Baby Companion

Jerry Walker Mr. Limp Ten High

The Strands Breeze From The Trees Tarx

The Nomads Tell Her No Lies Mo-Groove

Lynn Tanner Moonlight Girl Sho-Boat

Johnny Shabazz I've Got Life Shabazz

Ebonies I Cant Help But Love You Avis

Idols Check Her Out USA

The Contessas Time For Crying WGW

King Sound Interpreters Hi Note Talent of Music

Mickey Denton Now I'm Mr. Blue Mala

Johnnie Hoyle What About Me Ray-Bo

I'm Coming In Romey Rand D-Town

And a record I think will be a re-activated 2007 monster

Blue Sharks These Things Will Keep Me Loving You Grand-Prix

And as usual Clydie King BREAKAWAY

Hope there's something here people like and keep on playing things of high quality in York

Edited by john parker
Social source share

not really sure which boxes these clips fit in - they aren't crossover, you'd be hard pushed to dance to them and they certainly ain't deep in the traditional sense.
Sorta collect this guy's output and it took a wants list to remind me just how rather special this is -

File under "Serious"

derek

Chuck Armstrong "Better place" (Black Rock)

Edited by mike
Social source share

not really sure which boxes these clips fit in - they aren't crossover, you'd be hard pushed to dance to them and they certainly ain't deep in the traditional sense.

Nate Adams "Why is it taking so long" (Atlantic) and the bonus is the northern flip "I'm gonna be good".

Right back to filing 45s away........
derek

Social source share

Here are a couple of things worth a spin

Garland Green " I cant believe you quit me " on us Uni

The Harvey Laverne Band " Struttin Slow" on US Uptite ( play it at +4)

and in the vein of a wicked modern type tune with squelchy basslines

Vikter Duplaix " I see the sun"

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

As with Derek not really sure which boxes these clips fit in - they aren't crossover, you'd be hard pushed to dance to them and they certainly ain't deep in the traditional sense.
Martin
P.S. Happy New Year to all. thumbsup.gif
you and I - livin' proof - ju-par 532

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

Not really into modern but this a beauty -

GEORGE SMALLWOOD - YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU - SMALLWOOD

I wonder if Mart has a sound file

" hey mamma " another great track by george smallwood on smallwood :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorta collect this guy's output and it took a wants list to remind me just how rather special this is -

File under "Serious"

derek

Chuck Armstrong "Better place" (Black Rock)

Great track Derek, have you played his "How sweet it is" SS7 at +4? just about danceable

BH

Social source share

What a great topic.
I'm not fooling myself that any of these will "go big", that's often more about who plays, rather than what's played............and I'm so small scale I'm off the map.
But, that said, happy to share some from the back of my box that are genuinely doing it for me at the moment - as you'll see these are not meant to impress, but make me happy.
On a modern/crossover tinge - from last year on Soul Junction Johnny Moor - You Fixed it (wish this was rare), and Our Brothers Keeper - You've Been A Long Time Comin' on Columbia.
As a b side, the flip to Johnny Wyatt Hang up the Phone, Any Kind of Love on Challenge, just builds and builds vocally.
R&B - super cheap but spine tinglingly good - Johnny Copeland - Just One More Time on Golden eagle, pick it up for a fiver.
Old Style - hardly known Tony Middleton - Already Satisfied on speed (label that is!) and one I really hope is resurrected through the Cleethorpes "reunion" Dry Well - Gypsy (Lauren). Don't think I've heard that in a big hall since Parr Hall Warrington. Play them at the Attic in Mansfield, not the best sounds played there by any means...............but it's a personal thing. Dean.

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Has this ever seen much action??

Viola Wills - I've Got News For You on Supreme
If it hasn't it should thumbsup.gif

Massive at Cleethorpes around 75/76 thumbsup.gif
Social source share

Guest vinylmaniac

Great record I picked up 2 copies last year sold one for £50 to a friend.

A few months later one went for over $300 on ebay. Cheers Cressy

Many thanks .£50 .A bargain or what!Ta! Ray

Social source share

Agree!!!

I'd like one of these if anyone has a spare lying around :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

I found a couple of these 2 or 3 years back, sold one @ a London fair and kept the other, until I sold it earlier in 2006 - backing is really nice but I just couldn't get on with the lyrics......listed it at least a couple of times with no takers :unsure: & eventually it went back to the US.....was then very surprised to see it turn up as Sam's record of the issue in the Nov's Manifesto ph34r.gif ......no, actually not that surprised, he does like Ellipsis after all.... :unsure:

Really like U Know I Love You tho'.....wouldn't have let that go...

Girf

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

does anyone know the Meditations - It's wrong to fight -Checker. Can be got cheap, stomper, might give it a spin tonight.

Meditations - 'It's wrong to fight' / 'I feel it' - Checker 1176 DJ Copy goes for about £50.

Martin

Social source share

A late 70s/early 80s dancer that's well due a reactivation is your old Clifton Hall spin Sean, remember this mate?

Do Ya Got What It Takes - jackie moore -cbs

13042 refosoul

Also this is on Dutch CBS with picture sleeve as one arrived in the post this morning

Social source share

Guest rachel

Jackie Moore is also available on US Columbia. Issue copies only, I think. Got myself a copy some days ago. :thumbsup:

Thought I'd seen it listed on Columbia but wasn't 100% sure. UK demo here too :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

HELLO . IF I DO MUCH DEE-JAYING, THEN AT THE MOMENT I`LL BE GOING FOR THESE AMONGST OTHERS... SORRY NO SOUNDCLIPS AS I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THEM. IF ANYONE CAN HELP A LUDDITE INTO THE 21ST CENTURY.............?

VINCE MONTANA/DOUBLE EXPOSURE YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING [ LOUIS BENEDITTI REMIX-] --MONSTER BONGOTASTIC BREAK ............!

HUNTER HAYES WHY CANT WE LIVE TOGETHER [bLAZE REMIX] AFTER PLUGGING AWAY WITH THIS SINCE ITS RELEASE SOME 12 PLUS ? YEARS BACK !!!! ALL MY SPARE COPIES WENT TO DEE-JAYS AND I THINK ITS TIME IS FINALLY ROUND THE CORNER FOR THE SOUL SCENE............ SUPERB

RANCE ALLEN GROUP EVERYBODY`S TALKING ............ WE`RE NOT WORTHY !!!!

NEW WORLD WERE GONNA MAKE IT [POLYDOR]

SWEET DADDY FLOYD I JUST CANT HELP MYSELF [sUPER STAR] SWEET_DADDY_FLOYD.mp3

EON WE`LL GO ON [EDIT]

TRUE IMAGE DIFFERENT KIND OF LOVE [JUANA].... THEIR VERSION.......... TRUE_IMAGE.mp3

HENRY JACKSON GROUP WHATS THE MATTER [TRUTH LP] STARTED OFF,IN DJ TERMS, I BELIEVE BY BRIAN GOUCHER ......... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT GOSPEL SOCIAL COMMENTARY...........CAN YOU DIG IT ? HENRY_JACKSON_COMPANY.mp3

THERE`S SOME TO GET ON WITH. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO POST SOUNDCLIPS UP,LET ME KNOW. I`VE GOT MP3`S OF THEM..............BEST,IVOR

HOPEFULLY MANAGED TO SUSS IT OUT............. MORE TO FOLLOW

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

HELLO . IF I DO MUCH DEE-JAYING, THEN AT THE MOMENT I`LL BE GOING FOR THESE AMONGST OTHERS... SORRY NO SOUNDCLIPS AS I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THEM. IF ANYONE CAN HELP A LUDDITE INTO THE 21ST CENTURY.............?

VINCE MONTANA/DOUBLE EXPOSURE YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING [ LOUIS BENEDITTI REMIX-] --MONSTER BONGOTASTIC BREAK ............!

HUNTER HAYES WHY CANT WE LIVE TOGETHER [bLAZE REMIX] AFTER PLUGGING AWAY WITH THIS SINCE ITS RELEASE SOME 12 PLUS ? YEARS BACK !!!! ALL MY SPARE COPIES WENT TO DEE-JAYS AND I THINK ITS TIME IS FINALLY ROUND THE CORNER FOR THE SOUL SCENE............ SUPERB

SWEET DADDY FLOYD I JUST CANT HELP MYSELF [sUPER STAR]

EON WE`LL GO ON [EDIT]

TRUE IMAGE DIFFERENT KIND OF LOVE [JUANA].... THEIR VERSION..........

HENRY JACKSON GROUP WHATS THE MATTER [TRUTH LP] STARTED OFF,IN DJ TERMS, I BELIEVE BY BRIAN GOUCHER ......... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT GOSPEL SOCIAL COMMENTARY...........CAN YOU DIG IT ?

THERE`S SOME TO GET ON WITH. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO POST SOUNDCLIPS UP,LET ME KNOW. I`VE GOT MP3`S OF THEM..............BEST,IVOR

You need a Mixed Feelings for 2007 ..you said Ivor ..

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

You need a Mixed Feelings for 2007 ..you said Ivor ..

WELL I WISH I HAD THE MONEY TO BUY ONE...................

ANYWAY, BACK IN THE REAL WORLD, IT JUST MAKES ME SEARCH FOR OTHER STUFF TO PLAY...........

ONE DAY I`LL FIND A BOX OF `EM, YOU`LL SEE !

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

SWEET DADDY FLOYD I JUST CANT HELP MYSELF [sUPER STAR]

EON WE`LL GO ON [EDIT]

TRUE IMAGE DIFFERENT KIND OF LOVE [JUANA].... THEIR VERSION..........

HENRY JACKSON GROUP WHATS THE MATTER [TRUTH LP] STARTED OFF,IN DJ TERMS, I BELIEVE BY BRIAN GOUCHER ......... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT GOSPEL SOCIAL COMMENTARY...........CAN YOU DIG IT ?

Ivor, same here, Divit can not work this posting clips thing !!!

Henry Jackson is just stunning

Edited by Gavin Page
Social source share

WELL I WISH I HAD THE MONEY TO BUY ONE...................

ANYWAY, BACK IN THE REAL WORLD, IT JUST MAKES ME SEARCH FOR OTHER STUFF TO PLAY...........

ONE DAY I`LL FIND A BOX OF `EM, YOU`LL SEE !

Thats the way to go Ivor .. but another Mixed Feelings just went on ebay for over $5500 .. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

SWEET DADDY FLOYD I JUST CANT HELP MYSELF [sUPER STAR] SWEET_DADDY_FLOYD.mp3

EON WE`LL GO ON [EDIT]

TRUE IMAGE DIFFERENT KIND OF LOVE [JUANA].... THEIR VERSION.......... TRUE_IMAGE.mp3

HENRY JACKSON GROUP WHATS THE MATTER [TRUTH LP] STARTED OFF,IN DJ TERMS, I BELIEVE BY BRIAN GOUCHER ......... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT GOSPEL SOCIAL COMMENTARY...........CAN YOU DIG IT ? HENRY_JACKSON_COMPANY.mp3

HOPEFULLY MANAGED TO SUSS IT OUT............. MORE TO FOLLOW

BUMP !

Social source share

Just wondering what tunes you've got in your box that you'd like to recommend to other Soul Sourcers.

You might be a DJ with that tasty unplayed, unknown, hardly played or semi-known stuck in the back of your box that you'd love to play... but haven't yet got around to it.

You might be a collector, sitting on a tune that you know, if it got into the right hands, could become massive in the next 12 months.

It could be an LP track that, for whatever reason, has never been given the recognition it deserves.

It might be a tasty 'B' side that, given the right exposure, might just become a monster!

No need to post sound clips. Just let us know what you've got that you think deserves a plug in the coming year!

I'll suggest a couple of my own later (duty calls right now).

So come on. Look at your box and let's have your top tip (or tips) for 2007.

Oh... and a Happy (and Soulful) New Year to all!

Sean Hampsey

here's mine ruby andrews " wonderful night " zodiac could be bigger than just loving you with plays

ko ko taylor " fire " checker yet another under rated record that should be big thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert