News: Heads Up - Upcoming/New Releases - late 2022

Mike

On 17/11/2022 at 22:18, Joesoap said:

What records from 1979 sound like it? 

I'm not being argumentative for the sake of it but it just doesn't sound anything like what was being done in America in that era to me. 

Sounds more like a pastiche 'northern' record of the kind Ian Levine does. 

And then the lyrics 'cream of the crop' / 'reaching for the top' 'on the real side'....

I'm not convinced...

I've played it a few times , disco or soul not sure ,but the name of the band "House Bros " house music was popular 84ish maybe a little bit later , strange 1979 band name ? or am I just edging my bets it's possibly later 

Social source share

9 hours ago, Geeselad said:

Just listened to the village people track, seriously? Almost identical backing track? Gibson brothers, I'm pretty familiar when their stuff, ' oh what a life, probably the closest, but still way, way off the house brothers imho

Sorry, you are correct I did infact mension the wrong track, however it's all cut from the same cloth of europop/ dodgy disco nonsense, which in due cause partially morphed to hi-energy. 

Social source share

49 minutes ago, Still Diggin said:

Sorry, you are correct I did infact mension the wrong track, however it's all cut from the same cloth of europop/ dodgy disco nonsense, which in due cause partially morphed to hi-energy. 

You've gone a turned me on to a whole world of new tunes in perverse reaction to your comment 😂😂

Social source share

On 23/11/2022 at 21:19, Happy Feet said:

I've played it a few times , disco or soul not sure ,but the name of the band "House Bros " house music was popular 84ish maybe a little bit later , strange 1979 band name ? or am I just edging my bets it's possibly later 

Just heard the Al Kent mix on the Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show , last tune , sounds earlier more funkier and not so disco etc , possibly 79 ? The recent mix still unsure 

Social source share

7 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Interesting version of F. Beverly & Maze Joy & Pain which would be at home in any Room

Sold out on first day of release in 2 different coloured vinyl but back on sale

Cash Bonus - Joy & Pain money Mouse Records Nashville

Video shows 'A' Side

I like it, nice.  Both sides good 👍

Edited by Chalky
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Sounds great, Carmy Love has a wonderful voice, she really is a great singer, she kind of reminds me of Sharon Jones. 

But I have to say, they need to do better than this, I guessed where this track was going in the opening 20 seconds, and although there are one, two very nice changes in there, I wasnt suprised  by the time I got to the end of the song, it sounds like a polished work out to my ears.   It's the song writing that’s letting them down, and the tempo is just to predictable.

That’s an honest appraisal, I like the track, but I would not spend money to get it on 45...

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Mal C said:

Sounds great, Carmy Love has a wonderful voice, she really is a great singer, she kind of reminds me of Sharon Jones. 

But I have to say, they need to do better than this, I guessed where this track was going in the opening 20 seconds, and although there are one, two very nice changes in there, I wasnt suprised  by the time I got to the end of the song, it sounds like a polished work out to my ears.   It's the song writing that’s letting them down, and the tempo is just to predictable.

That’s an honest appraisal, I like the track, but I would not spend money to get it on 45...

Got to agree with most of that Mal. The rhythm was kind of a nod to the early 60's R&b influence. Great voice , wrong song choice.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 14/11/2022 at 18:22, Seano said:

Looking forward to this arriving sometime soon, I believe it gets released this month:

Finally had notification that it's been sent out. Simply Soul have announced that it's now in stock.

https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product/cole-williams-with-soul-tune-allstars-a-better-woman-organized-7-vinyl-pre-order-in-stock-early-november-2022/

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 07/12/2022 at 23:29, Seano said:

Finally had notification that it's been sent out. Simply Soul have announced that it's now in stock.

https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product/cole-williams-with-soul-tune-allstars-a-better-woman-organized-7-vinyl-pre-order-in-stock-early-november-2022/

Arrived today, along with a copy of Mary Wells 'Love letters' and the equally good 'Hands off my baby' that I'd ordered at the same time but had to wait for Cole Williams to come in.

2 great records, and as this thread is showing - plenty more out there!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 16/11/2022 at 12:06, Source said:

just seen the video has been posted in events by @Soulfulmerlin

BBC George Gently soundtrack related which is a bit ironic

here are

Release date 27th November 2022 limited to 300 numbered copies world-wide.

Is it the red wine getting the better of my senses ? but it does have a sound of a certain other Mr Levine style of production,,,, 

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Sounds nothing like a Levine production, has none of his traits in it.

Maybe he's getting better at it , lots of drum rolls etc , just a thought, a bit of everything even a little "Heartache Avenue " no , try a bottle of Montepulciano D'Abruzzo , it sounds very near lol 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!